Love & Loss

By cannoness

ATTENTION: This is the SECOND book of my Vampire's Pet series and cannot be read as a stand alone book. ~~~ ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
What's to Come
Update
Physical Copies!!

Chapter 86

146K 7.2K 2.5K
By cannoness

Nico's POV:

I worked at the faucet controls, setting the temperature to be just a bit warmer than last time, as well as added a few things that I hoped would aid with the aches she had in her body.

As soon as I heard the water begin to run, I turned to her, seeing her standing by the door with her hands reaching behind her neck.

She seemed to be struggling with the clasp of the gown she was wearing.

Steam began filling the room as I returned myself to her side, her eyes meeting me as I did.

"Need some help?" I asked, causing her effort to stop.

She just looked at me for a second, I guess debating her answer.

Luckily, she turned her back towards me, and moved her hair to the side, "Please?"

I took a step closer, inspecting the clasp for a moment before separating it.

I then took the opportunity to pull down the zipper that ran down the back of it.

My eyes wandered her skin as more of it came into view almost on instinct, and noticed something odd right away.

I didn't say anything at first, instead slipped my hands under the fabric and up to her shoulders.

She stiffened at my touch, lowering her arms to her sides so the gown fell to the floor. leaving her only in her undergarments.

Her head turned back towards me the best it could, but I was still staring at the skin of her back.

The flawless freckled skin.

I then drew my gaze up to her neck, noticing the same thing.

"What?" She asked at my silence.

I guess she hadn't noticed yet.

"Your scars are gone," I replied.

"Wait really?" she immediately asked, her head turning down towards her hip, where I could only assume the scar from Xander was no longer there.

"Woah," She breathed out, fingers now trailing against her neck for the feeling of raised skin that was no longer there.

Her eyes were fully round as she just stared ahead, head spinning with something.

I let out a laugh at her reaction to this, moving my hands to unclasp her bra, "Welcome to vampirism, love." I spoke softly.

She didn't resist whatsoever as I slid that garment off of her as well.

"Holy crap I have so many things to learn," she said, almost like the thought of it was overwhelming.

Which I believe it would be to anyone.

"In time," I began, turning her towards me, taking both of her hands into my own, "For now focus on regaining your strength. Then we can focus on teaching you how to use all of the new abilities you have. Don't forget that we have all the time we need, and many people that will help you through this."

I'm sure my mother will be of help alongside me, and most likely Xander too.

Female vampires were vastly different and overall more complicated than males, so there was only so much I could teach her myself.

She gave me a small nod, "I know it's just... It's just still such a sudden change, you know?"

Oh I know.

Not even a week ago she was a human living in fear, and now a vampire adored and supported by my entire family.

And soon an entire city.

With all new abilities, she hasn't even begun to understand.

But for now, she was all mine.

"I know," I inclosed the space between us, placing a kiss on her forehead, " but I've got you every step of the way."

I felt her purr start up again as I spoke, her body relaxing against mine.

"I know. And I have so much to tell you."

I pulled back just enough to see her eyes, "Then we better get started."

We didn't waste another minute, discarding the remainder of our clothing before I lead her into the warm water and listening to every detail of what happened to her during her transformation.

~~~

Khloe's POV:

We were in a position which felt like one we hadn't been in in forever.

We laid in our bed, Nicos body practically consuming mine.

Both in an effort to give me his warmth, and I'm sure for his own personal reasons.

We had spent a long while in the bath as I told him everything that happened, and him telling me everything he'd disguised with Xander.

By the time we got out, we just felt like doing this.

Just existing with each other in the others arms.

Nico had wrapped me in a robe whereas he just put on a pair of sweats.

Which made sense after I realized the difference in temperature I got from him once it was skin on skin contact.

And at this point in time, blankets alone couldn't seem to warm me enough.

I trailed my nails gently against his back as the thought crossed my mind, and he responded with a deep purr and tight squeeze.

He had told me that tomorrow I could meet up with Doe and Marcus, as he just wanted me to relax for today.

That and I'm sure that he just wanted me to himself for today.

Which I understood and couldn't even dispute.

I dont think I had the energy in me right now to socialize, no matter how badly I wanted to see them too.

He said it would be after I've fed as a precaution to being around humans for the first time in this new body.

And luckily Xander had already told them what happened.

I hated the fact that they too were worried, but I honestly couldn't wait to see them again.

I lifted my head against him a bit, drawing a deep inhale through my nose.

I think I had already partially figured out how to control my new enhanced sences, and the sense of smell was probably the easiest to control.

RIght now all I could get was him, like his scent was so much deeper and specific than what I could distinguish as a human.

Somehow it physically calmed me. Like it was just extra proof that he was here.

And my mind and body took that as an extra comfort.

I closed my eyes, this time focusing in on my hearing.

His heartbeat got louder, it was almost as if I could feel it right beside my ear.

The whole hearing thing was definitely more... interesting, especially when it came to the inner workings of his body.

There were certain sound that I couldn't even begin to distinguish.

Others I couldn't mistake, like his breathing and the sound of blood pumping though his body.

My hands turned to fists against his back as I came to the realization as to what I was focusing on.

I knew I needed to feed from him soon.

A part of me was practically begging for me to do it, which I could only assume was that bond Nico and I now shared.

And now since I was focusing on it, it began to front even more.

Is this what he felt when he was refusing to feed from me?

It was like an itch in my tongue and throat and the solution was so clear in my brain, but I was stopping myself.

I think a part of me was nervous, but it was a different nervous from when I had done it with Xander.

I remembered the first time Nico fed from me here. How different it felt from other circumstances and how intimate this act was between vampire lovers.

I could feel something within me pushing me to do it, almost like it was trying to force me to.

These new vampiric instincts were really pushy when it came down to it, so I've found out do far.

I found myself soon trying to restrict my claws from showing in an act to keep him here, and my tongue rubbing up against the roof of my mouth.

Eventually I just lifted my hands from him all together.

"H-Hey, Nico?" I asked, face blushing as I realized my stutter.

I already blew my act of trying to keep it cool.

He didnt even miss a beat.

"Did the hunger finally hit you?" he asked casually, parting from me just a bit.

I didn't say anything, in fear of it coming out the same as my last words, just nodded.

He moved fairly quickly after my action, shifting our positions quickly enough that I didnt have any time to react.

My hands were on his shoulders, knees on either side of his hips as I practically sat on his thighs.

He really liked me in this position lately. Not that I was complaining.

He slid his hands away from the grip he had on the underside of my knees and up against the side of my thighs.

Holy crap my heart was beating way too hard for this.

I couldn't even force myself to look at him.

It was like somewhere deep in my brain, I knew what feeding from him meant.

Espesicially when taking from the neck like I knew he was going to want me too.

I guess now that I was a vampire, and could finally reciprocate these things, I couldn't help but feel like this.

"I assume you already know how this goes but I can-"

He stopped for a moment, and I could basically feel his gaze on me.

"Why are you blushing so hard?" He had the audacity to ask with a smirk.

Which in turn caused me to blush even harder.

"I dont know!" I exclaimed in a weak defense, straightening my arms to push myself back.

He chuckled quietly at my display, hands sliding up to my hips to pull me back too him.

"Did you get this nervous when you fed from Xander?" He asked in an obvious tease.

"It wasnt this intimate with Xander!" I vindicated, "This new weird bond we have now that I'm a vampire is doing weird things to my brain which my human thoughts are still freaking out over."

And to think that until my body could handle food again, this is what I would be doing.

He thought that over for a moment before leaning forward and placing a soft kiss right under my ear.

"If its any consultation, my side of this bond has been yearning for this for a while." He whispered.

"Really?" I asked.

"Mhm," He began, "I had to fight a lot with my instincts when it came to certain things with you, knowing that since you were a human we had to do things differently than what my species was used to, but now that you're here... Now that you're a vampire, that part I had to hold back is beyond elated."

My eyes trailed down to his neck after he spoke, licking my bottom lip almost instinctually as I thought over what he said.

He never told me about having to hold back beyond the initial feeding from me thing, but I guess he didnt want me to feel bad for being a human at the time.

"You can take all of the time you need, Khloe. Its intimate, yes, and I know its probably a bit strange now that the roles are reversed, but I promise you that this will be something you come to enjoy."

I took in a silent breath, mentally phyching myself up for this.

"So just uh..." I traced my fingers along his neck, trying to find the right spot.

I knew my fangs could find it easiest, but I just wanted to be sure.

He gently took hold of my hand, guiding it so that my fingers were where his neck met with his shoulder.

"There should work fine," He consoled, sending me a softer smile.

I could feel the vein pulsing beneath my fingertips, noticing how his pulse was definitely a lot lower than mine right now.

The claws fought to hold him again, but I resisted, instead letting myself lean in towards the decided spot.

One of his hands wrap around to my back as I did.

"You got it from here?" He checked.

"I think so." I replied, leaning in further.

The part of my body that was fighting for me to do this finally took over, but I made sure that I still had control.

My left hand slid into his hair, tilting his head a bit to give me more access, while my other held to his bicep.

I hesitated for a moment, before opening my mouth and feeling for the right spot with my fangs.

I found it fairly easily.

Now just came the hard part...

I found myself hesitating longer than I ever have, some weird mental block from the still human side of my brain kicking in.

Squeezing my eyes shut, I forced the thought out and with a quick countdown, bit into his skin.

He didnt even flinch, or if he did, I didnt notice.

With the initial relief that ran through my body of just simply biting him, It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

And when the taste of his blood hit my tongue I thought I was going to melt away all together.

The taste was a sweetness that I couldn't quite describe. It was the kind that dont think I could ever get tired of, almost like it was made specifically for me.

A warmth that was so different from anything I've ever felt spread through my body as I swallowed.

I could feel it travel under my skin, forcing goosebumps to rise and bringing every nerve to life in my body in the best was possible.

I could only barely hear the small noise that left my throat, my grip on him tightening.

Same went for the different kind of purr that reverberated from my chest.

Through all of it I felt a pull to him that came internally, mixed with a new heartbeat that now thumped in time with mine.

Like having a piece of him within me now, aiding and comforting my body in a way I never even knew was possible until right now.

It almost sent a message throughout my entire being.

He's here. He's here, he's got you, and he's yours. All yours.

The chills I fealt were completely gone, aswell as the aches I had in my body.

Which I knew was all temporary, but I embraced it while at lasted.

Minutes passed as I paced myself in doing this, both to make sure the control I had remained and because part of me didnt want this to end.

The feeling of being connected to him like this, to feeling his heart within my body, I didnt want to lose that yet.

Yet only another minute passed before I did, slowly removing my fangs from his skin with a gasp.

My whole body still buzzed and thumped with the previous feelings as I closed the wound, promptly setting my head on his shoulder to catch my breath.

Holy crap.

The hand I had on his neck fell back to his shoulder as I sat there, relaxing little by little as the seconds passed.

I just needed to cherish this feeling for a little longer.

I knew these effects were temporary, but I now also new that I could regain them quite often.

AS that thought passed my mind, I lifted my head, watching Nicos eyes go round as I did.

I quickly noticed how he was looking at my eyes, and I remembered this was the first time he'd seen them red.

"Wow," was all he could say,, admiring them a bit longer before he spoke again, "So, how was it? Better than you thought?"

I nodded, taking in a few more breaths before I attempted to speek.

"Yeah... I just- and all of it just... wow..." Was all I could get out.

The smile he gave was one of pure joy, "I remember that being my reaction as well. It's a strange feeling, isn't it?"

I placed one of my hands on my chest, "It's like... It's like I can feel a part of you within me."

"It's an internal reminder of how crazy in love with you I am," he said, tilting my chin up, "That no matter what, I'll be there for you. I felt the same thing you let me feed from you, and I've been thinking about it ever since."

"D-do you want to feel it again?" I offered.

I think I was already beginning to feel that same want for reciprocation.

He didnt respond at first, but instead leaned down to place a soft, languid kiss on my lips.

"In time, and especially not until you're feeling 100% again. Thats my one and only priority until that day comes."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

695 3 26
***BOOK ONE COMPLETED*** Rose, an ordinary girl living an ordinary life, stumbles upon a vampire, Adrian. After meeting Adrian, she was forced into...
2.2M 90.4K 39
"What is it about you, Kira?" Oliver asked, more to himself than me, in a whisper. I could hardly breathe with him being so close and my heart was po...
192K 8.4K 33
(Book 1 in the 'Blood Drops' series) Five drops for the vampires who drink it. Four for the creatures who relish in it. Three for the strong who take...
12M 574K 127
[COMPLETE] Some bonds can't be broken, even in death. -- He couldn't endure another heartbreak. "Accepting her would be a mistake," he said. "She's a...