Clandestine (Chaennie Fanfict...

By lovingbps

[Story includes MATURE CONTENT throughout.] You are Princesses- women- you are outlaws. More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue
Soul

Chapter Sixteen

3.4K 160 58
By lovingbps

16
•••

   Jennie doesn't leave your side. The next morning, she accompanies you back to Mount Park Major to visit Orange, and as for mother, you introduce her to Jennie. And Jennie had a hand-full of freshly picked flowers to replace the old ones on the cobblestone tomb.

You spend the entire day on a blanket telling Jennie of old memories, and even the ones you thought you lost. She rested her palm on yours, as it was the most she could do while Suho and the royal escort guards stood afar on duty.

And for the next days, you are nowhere without Jennie.

In the courtyards, in the trail, in the rooms, you are enveloped in her presence. You spend the most time in the art room. You encourage Jennie to pick up a paint brush with you, and together you paint a portrait of your dear stallion. It is the only painting of yours that you frame on the walls of the palace. The center spot in the hall to the courtyards is the perfect and only place it is meant to be.

She hasn't left your side. Not even after the restless discussion about Jisoo and Lisa and their recent findings (or more so, your recent tellings). That discussion ended without a conclusion. In effect, it's made classes with Jisoo and casual walks with Lisa odd in its sense. The atmosphere is unbalanced and unfamiliar. You're not entirely sure how to explain it. Neither are you sure of their standpoint in the revelation of love affairs, because the conversation has yet to be brought up with them for the second time.

And not even could the extended efforts of Jennie's parents to get her to spend the weekend at home, in the North, convince her to separate from you.

Indeed, the only exception you would be without Jennie is in the bathroom, but even then, you have one or two dips in the tub together.

These days have been filled with Jennie. You think you might have separation anxiety from her at this point.

And you realize just how many times you've fallen in love with her for every second. To be candid, you think you could fall in love with her over and over.

    Now, May is past. The coronation is a rough two months away.

It's the talk of the country- the people are eager and excited. There is not a day that yours and Jennie's faces are not on the front page of the newspapers or on the headlines of news channels on the televisions all across Marcadia.

Within the patriarchs, the organizations are at hand. The Kings and the counsels are in preparations of their own. Within the library, the speeches are coming to a close and history classes are still boring. Within the liaisons of the forthcoming Queens of North and South Marcadia, there is not much of forthcomings going on at all.

You and Jennie don't speak a lot about the future.

You go on picnics and these picnics are free-spirited, careless and fun- painting is learning, cooking is satisfying, nights are assuring conversations in the dark. You do share everything together, but nothing beyond the tomorrows.

You wonder if this would be the right time.

The empty ball room serves as a large thinking space while you sit rested against the wall, watching Jennie skim through boxes of old vinyl records to play on the dusty trumpet horn turntable across the room.

It could dampen the mood. There must be reasons unknown to you and/or Jennie as to why conversations about becoming Queens aren't raised. You're not sure you want to risk making tonight any means unsettling. You both have had good days thus far.

"Why so quiet, love?" Jennie asks, looking over her shoulder to you.

You shake your head, "No reason" you think that talk could wait another day or two.

Jennie removes a vinyl from its case and rests it on the turntable. As it starts to spin, she walks over to you, "You must know by now that I can tell if there's something swarming in that brain of yours." she states, extending her arms out to you.

You take them, and she helps you off the ground and on your oxford shoes, "Really now?" you kiss her cheeks, smothering her to a fit of giggles.

"Of course— I know everything about you at this point!" she escapes your grasp and runs back to the turntable, bringing up the volume of the mellowed down symphony. It's a pacing rhythm, matching your heart settling in your chest as you smile at your love in great affection.

You let out a quiet sigh.

You wonder how much of the future would let your love remain here, like this with you, in the comfort of each other, where no one has to know about the ventures and thrills to believe this is real.

God it's so real. It's so good that it makes you wonder what you have done to deserve a woman like Jennie. Someone as pure hearted as her to love and to hold.

And it's too ironic, how unbelievable it all appears. It's real, yet you're pinched in worry that someone might wake you from this felicity.

Jennie walks to you and clasps her hands behind your neck, letting yours naturally fall on her waist, "What is it, Rosie?" she asks, swaying the both of you to the music.

You shake your head again, with a meek smile, "What is what?"

"What's on your mind?"

"You are"

"Oh please"

"The one and only"

"Don't be ridiculous—"

"The Jennie Kim"

"Something has made you all quiet since we came in here"

"You must know by now that the effects of you always leave me speechless", you take her hand and twirl her around, then bring her back closer.

She looks at you in speculation, an eyebrow raised with an adorable curve to her lips.

You kiss her.

And for a medley of songs, you dance in the marbled banquet. You realize your bedrooms are not the only places of retreat, as you have spent these days with Jennie, you realize the consolation of this empty space.

The grand walls echo the sounds of laughter and jests in the cheesy gestures of deep, wholehearted affinity. At the center of the floor, it seems the room was made for the two of you. As a space to be filled with the imprints of yours and Jennie's love for each other. The pillars stand strong to carry a sheltering certitude that keep the storms from shaking your grounds. You're not afraid of these walls hearing you tell her you love her. You're not afraid- you don't even hesitate to speak of all the wishes- for endless tomorrows and all the days after.

"Thank you for staying with me," you tell her, look her in the eye and say, "I don't think I could be anywhere without you."

Jennie stares at you, stunned with a quiver to her smile, she closes the gap between you in a tight embrace, "I can't even imagine a life without you Rosie" she whispers in your ear, and you wonder if she means of the future you have trouble discussing. Nevertheless, you're hugging her tighter to feel your heart's warmth, "I won't ever leave you." she says firm and genuine, sealed with the darling string of whispers telling you she loves you.

•••

   You don't leave Jennie's side. "Baby?" you slam the lamp switch on. Your chest rattles in sudden fear. You force your eyes to adjust to the light in the darkness of the room and you peer over the sweating, shaking, groaning, "Jennie what's wrong?"

Her face is crumpled in pain, legs curled to her chest- she clutches on to her side, agony growing louder and louder- something is awfully wrong- "It— it hurts" she whimpers through clenched teeth.

"What hurts Jennie— tell me what hurts" you cover her shivers with the sheets and run your hands over her arm, hoping to ease whatever is hurting her.

You try to turn her to you, but she remains tense and stiff on her side. You push back her hair from her face, her pale complexion and blue lips coming to light.

"P-Please make it stop—" she hisses, digging her nails on your arm.

You're panicked- scared for Jennie but your protective instinct asserts itself. "I-I'll call someone Jen don't worry—" you tell yourself this, too, over and over as you pull your robe on and swing the door open. "Suho!" you shout at the top of your lungs, your voice booming down the hall and for god's sake you shout louder to wake the entire palace, "Suho! Jisoo— somebody please!"

You look back at Jennie and she's still crying in pain.

"Princess!"

You turn to the hall again and Suho runs down with two other guards behind—

"R-Rosie please—"

You rush to Jennie, "It's going to be okay, love—" you squeeze her hand and she squeezes harder, clawing on you to compensate.

You yell- you order your royal guards to phone Doctor Moon.

You spot Jisoo running down the hall to you as Suho and the pair hurry away in urgency.

"It hurts so bad Rosie" Jennie croaks out.

You bring your attention back to her, stroking her to relax, even if it is of not much use, "Doctor Moon will be here soon okay? Just hang in there love" you leave a kiss on her hand, rubbing your thumb over her cold skin. You realize you're breathing just as rapid as your heart beats.

She's just so pale and she's sweating and hurting—

"What happened?" Jisoo comes to your side, getting a good look at Jennie.

"I-I don't know— something is hurting her- Jisoo please help her" you don't know what to do.

Jisoo reaches to grab the sheets, but she retracts. She snatches Jennie's robe from the vanity chair, "Help me put this on her" she says, and you get on the bed.

"I'm gonna lift you okay baby?" despite not getting a response over her heaves, you lift Jennie off her back and slip behind her, resting her on your front as you lean on the headboard.

You help Jisoo wrap the robe around Jennie's bare body. She's still shaking, but her efforts to endure the pain have quieted down her groans. Only her heavy breathing escapes her lips, "You're gonna be okay, Jennie" you kiss the top of her head. It burns to see her like this— it twists a knot inside you every time she whimpers. "I'm right here, love" You wish to take it all away— make it all better— but you feel helpless just holding on to her.

Jennie grips on your arms around her for dear life, while her other clutches to her stomach.

"It may be her appendix." Jisoo states, rushing into the bathroom. The faucet runs on.

"Appendix?" you repeat, hoping you heard her wrong, though she was loud and clear.

"Y-Your Highness," Yeri, shaken in worry appears by the door, waiting for a command, but you're too scattered to spit a word—

Jennie winces, closing her eyes shut and curling her knees closer, tensing up. You try to adjust in a more comfortable position— she whimpers loudly.

Jisoo returns with a wet towel and she spots Yeri, "Prepare the function hall for surgery." she tells her

"Surgery?" Jennie questions, now fear cascading on her face.

Yeri dashes off.

"It's gonna be fine, love"

Jisoo presses the towel on Jennie's perspiring forehead. You keep it in place when she lets go.

"I shall inform King Mason— I'll be back quick" Jisoo runs out the door in a matter of seconds.

"Rosie I—" Jennie isn't able to keep it in any longer. It's evident that the suffering is severing by the minute. And time couldn't move any slower. It seems it's doing this on purpose as some sort of atrocious punishment. It was so sudden, call it mere coincidence, but whenever the stars align for you and Jennie, someone has to take pain in consequence one way or another. And if anyone is to be hurt, it should be you. "Please help me Rosie" Jennie has done nothing wrong—

"I got you Jennie— they're coming- they'll be here soon" Your worries are turning into frustrations because the help is moving too damn slow- yet you do not move yourself— "I won't let anything bad happen to you, Jennie" you won't leave her "I promise".

•••

   The boundaries kept you from Jennie once she was wheeled into the function hall that had been turned into the makeshift operation quarters.

Though, not without a fight.

Jennie was slipping into unconsciousness by the time the doctors and nurses had arrived, and your fears had never reached the heights it soared when you saw Jennie's eyes fluttering closed. You were overwrought, heart pumped in rushing blood to your head in great worry of possibilities.

You were unbending. You didn't let go even when she drifted completely. You held her hand, whispered in her ear as she was being transferred, and when you reached the doors to the function hall, you paid no regard to those who tried to keep you from staying with Jennie.

You were relentless, "Let go of me!" you ordered, exerting much effort to escape Suho's hold on you— they were closing the doors—

"I apologize for this, Your Highness" Suho was just as adamant as you were, kept his strong arms around you and lugged you into the nearest lounge despite your forceful attempts to harm him off of you.

You heard Sehun arrive in the hall, panic-struck.

"Let go of me, Suho—"

He put you down once Jisoo slipped in the room, followed by Lisa in confused distress.

You strode to the door, but Jisoo pushed you back, "Rosie, let the doctors take care of this" she said sternly.

"I need to be there with her" but you were getting upset, "Please just let me be there with her" you managed to push past Jisoo but Lisa wouldn't allow you to even touch the doorknob.

She wrapped her arms around you from behind, pulled you back in restraint to your harsh undertakes to open the door, "Rosie stop" she said, gentle in the pressure of the room— she was the only one you could hear over your loud breathing, "She'll be alright" she cut through the tautness in you, tore the trepidation in half and slowly convinced you of enough fighting.

Lisa carried most of your weight as you fell back into her. You tried to calm your mind and stop with the blaring noise of outcome from flooding in. She held you in security rather than as an impediment. "She'll be okay, Chip" she assured, and with all the faith you were raised in, you put your prayers into Lisa's words.

   You have never felt so helpless.

"King Tae-oh and Queen Ara should be arriving soon," Sehun informs when he joins the four of you in the lounge.

"I'm afraid I can't tell when father will be back from his whereabouts." you mumble to him, still trying to figure out yourself where your father had gone off. It's almost five in the morning. You only know he has been gone since Jisoo returned to tell you he wasn't in his quarters or office.

It's been an hour and a half since the surgery started and an hour and a half long of sitting in stirring angst. You have Lisa beside you to stop your leg from bouncing every now and then, every time you forget of the optimistic results for a moment in time of troubling thoughts.

You're waiting- wishing a doctor or nurse would come and tell you there is certainly nothing to worry about.

That the operation is nearly finished and Jennie will be fine when she wakes.

Jisoo said it should only take a good one hour, but the clock is ticking and it is coming close to the second period— You stand from the couch.

"Hey" Lisa takes your wrist immediately, "what are you doing?" she asks.

You're not even sure. It must be your reflexes begging you to actually do something, but your mind knows you are in a room of arms that will keep you from barging in for answers.

You sit back down.

"I uhm... nothing" you lean back and cross your legs, tightening the robe around you. Another surge of chills run through you- like an ice cold fright that lasts for only a second to wash your entirety.

"Shall I fetch some water?" Suho inquires, already stepping to the door. Jisoo answers yes for you, then your royal guard leaves for the moment.

Sehun sits in a similar disposition, tapping his fingers on the armrest of the couch across, chewing on his bottom lip. He might cause himself to bleed if he bites any harder.

You sense Lisa's reluctance to remain beside you. You almost think she might spring up to Sehun to comfort him with the same assuring words. You would tell her to do just that, because the poor boy is shaking like a leaf for his best friend, but it contradicts all the demands you've asked them to follow with regards to the law. You don't want to deal with anything that isn't currently at hand.

Jennie is the only one that matters.

When a knock comes to the door, you are the one to spring on your feet.

You swing it open.

"Doctor Moon is she okay?" you ask frantically, your heart raising.

Doctor Moon holds his hands up, "The operation was a success, Your Highness. The Princess will be just fine."

You let out the biggest exhale, carrying out every ounce of distress that filled your lungs. You hear the sighs of relief from your friends behind you.

"She is being transferred to her bedroom as we speak—"

You pull your trusty white haired doctor in your arms.

"Oh— Your Highness—"

"Thank you Doctor Moon" and you embrace him with all your might, though careful with his fragility, "Thank you thank you thank you" and his pleasures are whisked from your ears once you let go and dash down the hall.

Your feet sprint through the east wing, ascend the stairs and dart for Jennie's room. You pass the nurses and guards walking toward you in the corridor and you express quick, but sincere gratitude for their help.

You stop Joy from closing the bedroom door all the way, "Is she awake?" you try to catch your breath.

"She is, but quite weary, Your Highness."

You nod in understanding, and Joy leaves you be to join the Princess.

You steady your hand on the door and push it wider with the slightest of noise possible. You peer in, and your eyes land on the still frame of your love tucked in bed, now limp and tranquil compared to merely a few hours ago.

She has her head tilted to the window, where dawn is still dark in the sky.

You step in, "Jennie?" you speak her name in the softest tone, and when she turns to face you, you lift your lips to a smile, "Hey baby" you kneel by her side, taking her delicate hand in yours and placing a kiss.

Her eyes are red and lids heavy. She's still pale, but has gained back some color to her skin. And she's warm, now. She's going to be just fine.

"Rosie" Jennie whispers your name in her tiredness, eyes trying to keep open to look at you and mouth trying to spread a smile, because even in her exhaustion, she is trying to assure you.

You caress her cheek gently, "It's okay, love, you don't have to say anything right now" you tell her, and you feel her fingers try to squeeze your hand, "You're so strong, Jennie" you're completely taken in adoration by how well she is handling this. "Do you want to sleep?" you ask.

She gives you a small nod in response, eyes drooping heavier.

"I'll be right here, okay?" you tell her, pulling up the sheets from her waist to her chest. And you're curious of the bandages under the gown she was given.

She parts her lips to speak, "Lie down... with me..."

It brings a bigger smile to your face, "I would love to, Jennie" you chuckle, "but you just got out of surgery, I don't want to hurt you by accident."

She shifts her gaze down, probably too worn out to convince you otherwise.

You place a kiss on her hand again, "I'll still be here when you wake up, love" you kiss her hand two times more, "You get all the rest you need."

She stares at you for a couple blinks before her lids come too weighted to keep open and mind too drained to stay awake. Once you are sure she is in a deep slumber, you let go of her hand for moment, and only for a moment to bring her desk chair to the side of the bed for you to sit upon.

You keep Jennie's hand in yours. And you keep your gaze on her as the sun's light rises past the forest trees to shine its soft light on her peace. Her parents should be here soon.

You're thoughtless as you stay with Jennie. You catch yourself staring into space, mind just floating, perhaps, a little too jaded to have a singular thought last long enough to ponder on. You feel a drowsiness when the clock passes another hour, but you reposition yourself on the seat multiple times to remain awake. You want to be fully present when she opens her eyes.

When you hear the shuffling of feet outside the door, you perk up. You listen intently to the voices drawing closer. You stand from the chair, not letting go of Jennie— the door swings wide open.

"Oh my darling Jennie" King Tae-Oh strides in, forcing you to step aside and let go of Jennie as he rushes to his daughter's side.

"Quiet down, Tae-oh." Queen Ara scolds in hushed tones, stepping in courteously, she flashes you a smile, though distracted once she sees her daughter on the bed.

You look out to the hall and spot Sehun standing sheepishly. You gesture him to enter, and the two of you stand by the door.

Guilt for breaking your word sits upon you when Jennie's eyes flutter open to bewilderment, met with eyes that aren't yours, "Dad?" she grogs. You had also forgotten to mention they were coming. "Where's Rosie?" she asks and you step forward. She looks at you over her father's shoulder- you purse your lips to a thin smile- then she turns back to her parents. "What are you doing here?"

"You just had your appendix removed, of course we're here to see you." her father retorts, restlessly cupping her face and stroking her head in means to assess her, but the uncomfortable expression on Jennie's face portrays him as pestering her.

"Are you feeling alright, darling?" Queen Ara asks, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I-I'm fine, you— you didn't have to come all this way"

If you didn't know any better, you wouldn't be standing in discomfort, too, because you can tell Jennie is getting flustered and her father is bombarding her with one question after the other.

You think to say something— let her rest damn it— but feel this is not your place to.

"We were so worried once we got the call— the operation- are you sure you're alright?"

"I told you I'm fine, dad" Jennie expires.

You take a small step to the side, hoping to catch Jennie's attention, but it captures Queen Ara's instead.

"Thank you for taking care of her, Roseanne." she says, walking to you to squeeze your hands for kinship. You've suddenly lost words to say, but she continues anyway, "I would like to extend my gratitude to the medical practitioners as well."

"R-Right—" you swallow through your dry throat, "D-Doctor Moon is downstairs waiting to speak with you." you tell her.

"Splendid" she says, and tells Jennie she would be right back after speaking with the doctor. You finally meet Jennie's eyes and she follows her gaze to you walking out the door with her mother.

You don't want to leave— not after you did earlier and not being beside her when she woke— she doesn't want you to leave either, you see it in the way she looks at you, but Queen Ara still has you by the hand and she's pulling you out the door and King Tae-oh is still asking questions.

"W-Wait" you mutter under your breath, but your feet take you with the Queen.

"You should come back home with us." you hear King Tae-oh state. It stops your heart.

"What?" Jennie snaps her head to her father. Sehun takes the knob at hand.

"Is the doctor waiting at the east or west wing?" Queen Ara asks you.

"He's uhm..." you crane your neck once you reach the corner, trying to get one last look— you mentally sigh in defeat once Sehun closes the door and you turn the end of the corridor. "He is in the east lounge, I reckon." you murmur an answer.

You're itching for closure to the conversation between Jennie and her father. And as you escort the Queen to speak with Doctor Moon, standing aside as they discuss, you're uneasy at the thought of being separated from Jennie.

You're upset that something as awful as this could even happen to her as the days you've had together have been flawless.

You're in dread overhearing Queen Ara speak of their doctors in the North.

Time still moves incredibly slow.

•••

   Father arrives within the hour. You don't mean to be rude by this, but you have never felt more appreciative of his presence, as he invites the Northern Majesties to his office after giving his best regards to Jennie and her recovery.

You're still unsure of where he has been, but don't put too much to mind on figuring it out because once the parents leave the room to just you and Jennie, you are focused on her and her alone.

She asks you to lock the door once they disappear from the corridor. You don't question it, thinking you would want the same if your father was as rigid as Jennie's.

Then you take your seat on the chair once again, her hand in yours.

"You're still in your robe?" she questions, voice worn out.

You nod with a titter. You didn't realize how naked you have actually been running around just wrapped in the thin fabric and underwear. But you still pay it no mind.

Jennie lifts her hand to cup your cheek, grazing her thumb just below your eye, "You didn't sleep either?" she asks.

You shake your head, "I'm not tired" you tell her, but your under-eyes beg to differ.

She looks at your face with a blank slate on hers. You wonder if she's about to tell you she's going back home. The knot in your stomach certainly anticipates it.

Jennie lifts your hand, carrying the hold you have on each other with her elbow to the mattress. She fiddles with your fingers idly. After a silent pause, "Come with me" she whispers.

You conclude her father wouldn't take no for an answer to his requests.

"Come home with me" she says, and it moves you to kiss her with sweetness and tender love. You rest your forehead on hers when you part, rubbing her cheek gently, "I can take you all around the North, all the beautiful places..."

"That sounds—"

"And I'll take Sehun back too. That way him and Lisa could try and be apart—"

"Let's not focus on that right now," you redirect, "Your health is the only thing that matters."

"I can show you my favorite spots in the region," she says, pushing you back to look you in the eyes, "We can make them ours, Rosie"

You smile to hide the uncertainty in you. You don't know if father would ever let you step through the border. It's just not his character. He limits your freedom in the palace- what more grant you the liberty elsewhere.

But Jennie sees right through you. She always does. "Please come with me" she whispers, intertwining your hands again, clasping on like she might just drag you past the borders regardless.

You don't know of the answer just yet, but you know you will stop at nothing to convince your father to let you go with Jennie.

She resides with this for now, and sighs with content, "Can you please lie down with me now?" she asks, and you can't deny of her this time.

You round the bed and slip in the spot beside her, careful not to hurt her by any means. She tugs your hand to pull you closer, so you rest your arm on the pillows to put her head on your shoulder.

As the sun continues to rise in the sky, you and Jennie watch the rays travel across the ceiling of painted ocean waves. You lie in still, quiet air, and you stay as Jennie drifts to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

260K 9.2K 131
𝖠 π–»π—Žπ—‡π–Όπ— π—ˆπ–Ώ π—Œπ—π—ˆπ—‹π— π—Œπ—π—ˆπ—‹π—‚π–Ύπ—Œ 𝖺𝗇𝖽 π–Όπ—ˆπ—‡π—π–Ύπ—‹π—Œπ–Ίπ—π—‚π—ˆπ—‡π—Œ 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗐𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖑𝖫𝖠𝖒π–ͺ𝖯𝖨𝖭π–ͺ π—†π–Ύπ—†π–»π–Ύπ—‹π—Œ. π™π™šπ™–π™™ 𝙖𝙩...
1.7M 37.6K 73
A story were a hot Badgirl also a Player.. Meets.. A normal girl who is also smart... "Did you really love me? Or was it just a game?" - Lisa -Comp...
580K 8.8K 88
#BACKSTAGE DRAMA# contradicting to what others call FANSERVICE ; this story is about how JENLISA started and how CHAESOO supported them and develope...
14.1K 409 20
short stories - angst