Money Trees

By phatblackhottie

"Everybody gon' respect the shooter. But the one in front of the gun lives forever." Read to find out! cover... More

cast๐Ÿ’ญ
one
two
three
four
additional cast โ˜๏ธ
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven (filler)
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twentyone
twentytwo
twentythree
twentyfour
twentyfive
twentysix
twentyseven
twentyeight
twentynine
thirty
thirtyone
thirtythree
thirtyfour
thirtyfive
thirtysix
thirtyseven
thirtyeight
thirtynine (filler)
forty
fortyone
fortytwo
fortythree
fortyfour
fortyfive
fortysix
fortyseven
fortyeight
fortynine
fifty
fiftyone
fiftytwo
fiftythree
epilogue

thirtytwo

6.7K 379 25
By phatblackhottie

*not edited, excuse mistakes*
*10 comments for a update*

Jahir Brown
three months later
Saturday, February 23
12:35 pm

"Good Afternoon Miami! Today we are live at the grand opening of the Eastover Youth Development Center. We are here with Jahir Brown, or Breezy as the people of Eastover know him as, the man who is making all of this happen. Now tell me Mr. Brown, what was your inspiration for doing something like this?" The news reporter asked me.

Indya's words repeated in my head "If you relax, be genuine and speak from your heart the words will come to you easy."

Whatever that shit means.

"I grew up in Eastover and as you probably know this isn't a place with that many opportunities. I always felt like I had nowhere to go when I was a kid since I wasn't into sports and that's what rec centers are based on. I want these kids to have a place they can come to for anything. If you're into sports, music, technology, dancing, gaming. Even if you just need a place to study and focus we have that for you." I explained.

"I want this to help not only youth in my community but in many others just like mine." I concluded.

"Isn't that phenomenal folks? Since the news of the Youth Center broke in December Mr. Brown and his associates have been getting calls from numerous people and companies have been ready to support and we know this is only the beginning for the youth of Eastover. I'm Darryl Springer, back to you Jeff." The reporter said before the camera was cut off.

"Perfect Mr. Brown, thank you for your time."

"Nah thank you man." I said dapping him up before they started getting their crew together to leave.

"You did so good pooh." Indya said smiling.

"Thank you. Where you finna go?" I asked her noticing she had her keys in her hand.

"Gotta go to the shop, I'll see you later though. Congratulations again pooh." She said pecking my lips. I told her I loved her and she said it back before heading out.

"I'ma have to wife that girl up Breezo I'm telling you." Terrance said coming out of nowhere.

"Nigga what you talking about?"

"Mane that girl Ryen. She look good, personality good, and Erin stuck to her ass like glue. I need her." He said making me shake my head.

"Get you one then just don't bring no drama to my business." I said not caring. He nodded as we both watched the camera crew pack up.

"Damn that was the fourth news crew today." Terrance said dapping me up.

"I got four more to go. I didn't expect all this shit and definitely not this fast." I said smirking as I watched the kids getting acquainted with the place.

Once I changed the name like my mom suggested everything started moving fast. Indya helped me create business social media accounts and we got signs posted around the neighborhood.

I hired 6 people. Did interviews, background checks, and all that good shit. They get paid $12 an hour.

Most of the money is coming in from donations and sponsorships to the center. The Aftercare program is $80 a month per kid but those who registered early are paying $60 for the first 3 months.  I'm also doing payment plans since I know times are hard and for people that have more than one kid.

It's a lot more to it but it's gonna get better with time.

"You gonna make it on time to Dior shit tonight?" Terrance asked me.

"Hell yeah. I might be tired as shit but I know I can't miss that girl's party. Her ass gon throw a fit if I do some shit like that." I said shaking my head at the thought.

We haven't been able to see each other much since I been busy and so has she so I definitely wanted to be there tonight.

"I'm already knowing. But I'm finna head out gotta take Erin to to my Pops house. I'll see you tonight." He said before going to get Erin from one of the girls I hired that he wanna fuck with.

"Breezy Channel 7 is here." The older lady I hired at the front desk informed me.

Three more to go.

Indya King
📍Club Odyssey
Sunday, February 23
12:03 am

Salt Shaker played as my bottles and a sign reading "Pisces Finest" were delivered to my section. Dime and some girls that I worked with at Illusion danced and recorded while I did my lil bop recording as well.

Not only was my 21st birthday this week, I'm also promoting the club that I'm having my party at. It's a cute coin and I'm having fun. I brought in a lot of people too.

"Bitch fuck a fake ID we legal now!" Dime yelled causing me to chuckle.

"Swear I'm showing the cashier my ID everytime, even if I'm just getting some chips." I said causing them to laugh and agree.

After taking a couple shots we started dancing. I was having a ball.

"Imagine how fun it it's gonna be on our trip if we having this much fun tonight." Dime said dancing with me.

"You still won't tell me where we're going." I said rolling my eyes playfully.

"And won't, it's a surprise. Just pack cozy." She said winking. I shook my head waving her off going back to dancing.

"My youngin really finna be 21." I heard Terrance say walking up behind me. I instantly got happy.

I knew he wouldn't miss it.

"Hey!" I beamed turning towards him. Once I saw nobody that was Jahir by him my mood instantly went down.

" Happy Birthday." Some of the people with Terrance told me. I thanked them before checking my phone for a text or something, anything.

"What's wrong?" Terrance asked me.

"You know where Jahir is? I thought he was with you." I said making sure only he could hear me.

"Nah he told me he was gonna be here." He said. I sighed then nodded my head.

"I'll be right back y'all." I told everybody before walking in the bathroom.

I called and called, and called again but didn't get any answer.

It's one thing for him to miss my event but Terrance not knowing where he is was making me worried more than anything. Was I irritated? Yes, but mostly worried.

I went to check his location and saw he was home and that's when my feeling of irritation took completely over.

After a deep breath I went back to my section and continued having a good time. Nothing was ruining my fun.

Jahir Brown
Same day
11:44 am

I woke up stretching and yawning.

How the fuck I wake up tired.

I checked my phone and my eyes widened seeing all these missed calls and messages. That's when realization hit.

I jumped up getting in the shower.

I don't know how I missed it I could've sworn I set two alarms so I could wake up in time. I must've slept through them bitches or something.

I got out the shower and got myself together and dressed. I grabbed all the stuff I was supposed to give to her last night and brought it with me leaving out my house to go to her place.

I called Indy once I got in the car but only heard her voicemail so I texted her letting her know I was on my way.

***

"Wassup Vinny." I spoke to the doorman.

"Hey man, haven't seen you in a while. Surprised I didn't see you last night with Ms. King." He said. A guilty feeling crept up on me.

I didn't know what to say so I just told his ass to have a good day.

I knocked on the door a couple times before hearing her voice. Once I said it was me there was a pause before I heard the locks turning.

She opened the door wide enough so I could walk in and then locked it behind us.

"Where were you Jahir? Did you forget or something?" She asked.

"You know I would never forget-." I started.

"I don't know anything obviously since you didn't show up for whatever reason." She said crossing her arms.

"Can I finish?" I asked staring at her blankly. She simply nodded her head.

"I fell asleep and I swear I set two alarms to wake me up but I guess I didn't hear them. I don't know if I slept through them or if it was cause my ringer was still off from all those interviews but I was sleep. I wouldn't miss nothing that important on purpose I swear." I told her.

"Okay." She said nodding.

"I'm really sorry. Here go your stuff." I said handing her the bags.

"Thank you." She said giving me a weak ass smile.

"Stop acting like that Indya." I said pulling her towards me by her waist.

"I didn't even say nothing bad." She said.

"You don't gotta say nothing, your face saying it all." I told her.

"I'm not mad I'm just disappointed. I really wanted you there especially since I'm going on this trip with Diamond in a couple days, I want to spend some type of time with you for my birthday." She told me wrapping her arms around my neck putting our foreheads together.

Here go that guilt again.

"Can you make it up to me today at least?" She asked looking in my eyes.

The fact that my dramatic ass girlfriend was handling the situation so calm and I was gonna make it worse. I know this shit not gonna end well.
Then her fine ass gotta look me in my eyes.

Ain't this some shit.

"I can't, I gotta go back to the center today and handle some other-." I said before she pushed me off her making me sigh.

"All the things I put on pause or include you in so we can be together and you can't even spend two hours with me? I see how it is." She said raising her voice.

"I never ask you to put no business shit on pause for me. You did that shit on your own. We can do something later tonight calm down." I told her.

"No we can't cause I'm gonna be sleep and miss my alarms too fuck ass nigga. Get out." She said pushing my shoulder.

"You just do the most all the time I swear." I said shaking my head going towards the door.

"Don't even worry about it. You don't have to deal with me no more I promise you." She said letting me out then slamming the door shut.

~

Hey guys it's been a minute but I finally updated!

Thoughts about the chapter?

The most calm "argument" they ever had lmao

Who do y'all think was wrong or right?

Most embarrassing moment?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 439 20
A hood Romeo & Juliet first loves don't last forever...
2.6K 98 10
๐š‚๐š‘๐šŠ๐š ๐š๐šข ๐š–๐šข ๐š‹๐šŽ๐šข๐š˜๐š—๐šŒ๐šŽ๐šŽ๐šŽ๐šŽ.
378K 12.5K 56
'I'll always choose you, why can't you just choose me? Just this once?' #1 insecure - 17/11/2022 #1 lifequotes - 28/11/2022 #1 druglord - 30/11/2022 ...