Fight With Me | Hermione Gran...

By allthebeststories

Trying to cope with Cedric's death, Ellie Evans seeks to avenge him by becoming a member of Dumbledore's Army... More

Cast
01 - Summer Memories
02 - Prefect Privileges
03 - Luna and the Carriages
04 - The Pink Lady
05 - Not an Accident
06 - I Must Not Tell Lies
07 - Attack at the Clock Tower
08 - Sunday Journal
09 - Avenge Him
10 - Dumbledore's Army
11 - The Dueling Dummy
12 - Victory: Part One
13 - Victory: Part Two
14 - Extra Guidance
15 - Veritaserum
16 - Christmas with the Weasleys
18 - Valentine's Day
19 - Expecto Patronum
20 - Expulsion
21 - Bang
22 - Protection Ring
23 - The Trainee
24 - Shower
25 - Departure
26 - Secret Weapon
27 - Department of Mysteries
28 - The Death Chamber
Grief
Limbo
Reunited

17 - Broomsticks and Badgers

14K 561 363
By allthebeststories

Later that evening, the living room was occupied once more by the family. The roaring fireplace crackled every so often, warming up the house on the chilly night. The group talked aimlessly with each other, their conversations changing every minute.

Ellie sat next to Hermione, her legs curled up beneath her as she rested her head on the Gryffindor's shoulder. A blanket rested over the two of them, concealing the lovers' laced fingers underneath.

Harry suddenly stood up, clinking his wand against his partially empty glass of pumpkin juice.

"Hello, hello. May I have everyone's attention, please?"

The group looked up at Harry, who stood in the middle of the room as he faced Ellie's direction.

"Brilliant. Well, uh... Ellie. Before Christmas is over, we decided it'd be best to hand out the last of the presents."

Ellie raised an eyebrow as the group surrounding her gave a knowing smile. She turned to look at her girlfriend, but she simply smirked with eyes of excitement. Harry set down his glass before walking back to the chair he was sitting at, pulling his Invisibility Cloak aside to reveal a neatly wrapped, slender package. He carefully picked it up, then walked towards Ellie, gently placing the gift on top of both Hermione and Ellie's laps.

"So, Hermione and I have been thinking... Well actually, it was mostly Hermione who did the thinking. She did the research, and I just bought it. Here, open it up.

Ellie read the words written on the wrapping paper, recognizing Hermione's handwriting instantly. It read: To give you the best experience at Hogwarts. From, Harry and Hermione

She proceeded to carefully rip apart the wrapping paper, pulling it back to pick up the item in all its glory. Ellie held it carefully in her hands, gasping at its beauty. It was a sleek broomstick, made of mahogany wood and perfectly sanded to feel like butter. She ran her finger down the wood, stopping at the top of the handle that was inscribed with "Comet 290".

"Is this...?" Ellie trailed breathlessly.

"Bloody hell! That's a Comet Two Ninety!" Ron exclaimed, his mouth handing open in amazement. "It's said to jump to 60 miles per hour in a matter of seconds! Which Broomstick even wrote an article about it! It was the only thing I've ever enjoyed reading. I've heard the tailwind is—"

"Hush it, Ronald!" Molly scolded.

"Well, it's really nothing, Ellie—" Harry fidgeted nervously.

"Nothing! Those things cost a fortune!" Ron exclaimed again.

This time, Ron's siblings were the one to hush him.

"What Harry's trying to say is that Hufflepuff needs a new Seeker. I've heard the one that's standing in isn't doing so well," Hermione cut in.

"But I've never flown one before! I wouldn't know how to ride it," Ellie objected.

"I didn't know how to ride either when I first made the team. But I know a good Seeker when I see one. Plus, you'll have plenty of time to practice over the summer for next year's team," Harry reassured.

"Guys, you really didn't have to."

"We wanted to. Hermione helped me pick out the right one. Plus, you've been such a help with the DA, we wanted to show you how much we appreciate you."

"Besides, we didn't just do it for you. Hufflepuff deserves a Seeker who'll live up to Cedric's legacy," Hermione added.

"Just wait 'til we face off on the pitch," the twins grinned from across the room.

Ellie gently set down the broom as she stood up, her expression that of appreciation. She embraced Harry suddenly, surprising him in the process. The boy awkwardly hugged her back, but his smile spoke more than his actions. The Hufflepuff broke away shortly after to take her seat again, giving Hermione a tight hug.

"Thank you, guys. Really, you didn't have to. And as I've heard, these things cost a fortune and—"

"He's bloody Harry Potter! He's got loads of money just sitting in Gringotts! What do you expect?" Ron interrupted.

"RON!" everyone yelled, making the redhead shrink back into his chair.

Ellie laughed as she watched Ron frown at his family members, eventually invoking widespread laughter from the group. After the noise had died down, Ron stood up from his chair and walked towards Ellie, carrying a small package he had retrieved from beside him.

"We uh... have one more present, actually. A gift from our family," Ron announced nervously, handing the messily-wrapped parcel to Ellie.

Ellie opened it up to reveal a small, stuffed animal placed on top of a folded scarf. The animal was a badger, with embroidered initials on the bottom of its foot. It looked to be years old, as if it had battled the blankets of the previous owner. Ellie gasped as she recognized the badger, squeezing it slightly as she was reminded of its owner.

She set down the stuffed animal as she picked up the scarf, its vibrant yellow dye indicating its Hufflepuff association. It was worn with love, the fraying and softened fabric proving its frequent use. The faint yet familiar aroma of a woodsy vanilla flooded Ellie's nostrils, serving as the confirming indication of who it belonged to. A tear slipped from the corner of Ellie's eye, falling onto the scarf as she rubbed the fabric with her thumbs.

"Amos was planning to get rid of them. His poor old man couldn't bear to be reminded anymore. Ron stepped up—said he knew someone who would want them," Arthur explained, smiling proudly at his son.

With tear-filled eyes, Ellie finally looked up to the boy who stood in front of her as she clutched the stuffed animal to her heart.

"Ron... you did this for me?" Ellie asked softly, her voice hitching.

"I—uh... I couldn't let Amos throw them out. I figured you'd want something to remember him by," Ron stammered.

Ellie took her last ounce of strength to hug Ron, his reaction the same as Harry's. She broke into a silent cry, her tears staining Ron's sweater. She hugged him tightly, a gesture he was not accustomed to.

"Thank you, Ron," Ellie whispered.

"Of course," Ron replied softly.

Ellie broke away from the embrace, wiping away her tears as she sat back down next to Hermione. She looked up to the Weasley family, her lips curled into a small smile despite her tear-stained cheeks.

"Thank you," Ellie said to the lot. "All of you. I don't know how to express my gratitude for you all."

The group nodded with gentle smiles, the room growing quiet. After a few moments of Ellie's sniffles, the Hufflepuff spoke up once more.

"You'd never expect someone like Cedric to sleep with a stuffed animal," Ellie joked light-heartedly, remembering how she had seen the exact badger underneath his sheets the night of the Yule Ball.

The group laughed alongside her, the warm atmosphere presenting itself once again.

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ellie stayed behind in the living room, the rest of the family having already retreated upstairs. Their conversations were casual, and not once did they talk about Umbridge's tyranny.

"I can't wait to see a matchup between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff next year. Just imagine how exciting that'd be," Ron grinned.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that. Who knows if I'll even make the team?" Ellie objected.

"I'm sure you'll be just fine. I can train you over the summer," Harry offered. "Granted I'll be able to sneak out."

"Sneak out?" Ellie repeated, arching a brow in confusion.

The Golden Trio looked to each other with concerned expressions, debating if Ellie deserved to know. Harry brushed them off with a sigh as he remembered his life back home.

"Well, it's mostly just my Aunt and Uncle Dursley. Dudley too—he's my cousin. They're absolute nightmares to be around," Harry replied sullenly.

"They had him living under the stairs his first year, and he has bars on his window! Like actual bars! I saw it with my own eyes!" Ron claimed.

"Are you serious? They're really treating you like an animal? That's barbaric," Ellie protested, her eyes widening at the thought of Harry's captivity.

"It's true," Hermione chimed in.

"I'm sorry, Harry," Ellie said softly.

"It's okay, really. I don't mind being by myself," Harry reassured with a casual shrug.

Ellie gave a small smile as the atmosphere was filled with a silence—not awkward, just peaceful. The quartet stood up altogether, preparing themselves for bed.

"Well, I've got to get going now. I wouldn't want my mother to worry," Ellie announced hesitantly.

"You can stay, you know. There's an extra bed up where Hermione and Ginny are sleeping," Harry offered.

"He's right. We don't mind. Maybe we can even take your new broom for a ride," Ron agreed eagerly.

"Yeah, why don't you stay for a while? I'm sure Ginny won't mind an extra roommate," Hermione added with a comforting tone, placing her palm on the small of Ellie's back.

"Well, my mom... If I don't come home tonight, she'll be worried sick," Ellie reasoned.

"Oh, don't worry about it. You can use Errol, the family owl, to let her know. Errol's a bit... clumsy, but I'm sure he'll be able to find your house," Ron suggested.

Ellie sighed as she pondered his offer. The guilt she had felt earlier than morning resurfaced, but she pushed it down, knowing that her mother would encourage her to stay.

"I mean... if you put it that way, I guess she won't mind me spending the night," Ellie shrugged.

The group shared similar smiles before Harry suddenly stuck his hand out, causing the others to stare at him in confusion.

"Look, Ellie. I just wanted to say that... whatever doubt I had with you, it's all gone now. I don't want to keep secrets from you anymore, considering how much closer you've gotten to all of us. I really do care about you—all of us do." Harry paused for a moment as he inhaled deeply. "Friends?"

A smile crept upon Ellie's face as she lunged at Harry, flinging her hands over his shoulders as she embraced him. He stumbled backwards, shocked by Ellie's sudden actions.

"She doesn't do handshakes," Hermione giggled.

"Oh, come on, everyone. Bring it together," Ellie laughed as she pulled Hermione and Ron into the hug, clutching them tightly on either side.

The quartet shared the embrace whole-heartedly, their beams wide with acceptance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.3K 685 78
Hermione x Reader (Female) Slytherin - Y/N Riddle or Y/N Malfoy Hufflepuff - Y/N Diggory Ravenclaw - Y/N Lovegood Gryffindor - Y/N Weasley or Y/N Pot...
418K 15.7K 38
Hermione and Ellie's epic love story comes to a close with this final book of the Look at Me series! As Ellie and the Golden Trio goes on a quest to...
85.5K 2.8K 26
During your last year at Hogwarts, you're invited to the Burrow for the first time. You're excited to visit for Christmas, but you're nervous knowing...
1.9M 62.8K 58
❛Let's hope Potter doesn't find out❜ ❉ fem!reader, ©kingdombyers OFFICIAL FANFIC HP READING LIST!!! 2ND PLACE WINNER OF THE POTTERHEAD CHALLENGE! (...