A new beginning- not finished...

By mrtha_638

Alyssa never expected to have any other family than her abusive mother. She especially never thought she'd ha... More

c h a p t e r 1 - escaping
Character list :)
c h a p t e r 2- I have brothers?
c h a p t e r 3- my new home
c h a p t e r 4- meeting my brothers
c h a p t e r 5- who puts a dishwasher in a cupboard?
c h a p t e r 6- Gucci's the new Walmart?
c h a p t e r 7- facing my brothers
c h a p t e r 8- I guess I'm going to school
c h a p t e r 9- art lessons ain't it
c h a p t e r 10- brown-eyed boy
c h a p t e r 11- PE sucks
c h a p t e r 12- truth hurts
c h a p t e r 13- one cramped locker and a whole lot of tension
c h a p t e r 14- football practice
c h a p t e r 15- spaghetti and meatballs
c h a p t e r 16- the aftermath
c h a p t e r 17- a night at the fair
c h a p t e r 18- messing with my feelings
c h a p t e r 19- just the typical day
c h a p t e r 20- a Hawaii holiday
c h a p t e r 21- 4am stars
c h a p t e r 22- sandy days
c h a p t e r 24- i wanna be yours
update but not rly lmao

c h a p t e r 23- chocolate heaven

11.6K 333 223
By mrtha_638

Dylan glanced up as we approached, his sunglasses sliding down his face as a thin sheet of sweat covered his face. I waved at him cheerfully, my legs swinging as I rested my head on Cole's shoulder. Dylan didn't smile back, a frown overtaking his face as he took in my position on Cole's back.

'You guys are getting pretty cosy then?'

I rolled my eyes at Dylan's tone, choosing to ignore him as I tapped on Cole's shoulder to let him down- he dropped me quickly, eyes focused on the stony expression that was now on both Wyatt's and Dylan's faces.

'Chill guys,' I sighed, pushing my way through both of them to where Lyra lay with Jordan, 'I was just tired from swimming, that's all.'

I heard a snort from behind me and a mutter- surely from Dylan- saying, 'Sure, you were tired,'

I continued towards Lyra, rolling my eyes at her while she laughed- another call came from behind me, again from Dylan.

'And don't think we're forgetting how you sneaked that bikini past us! Cus we noticed.'

I grimaced- that talk was going to be fun. At least, I'd have today. Settling down next to Lyra, she shot me a sympathetic grin, squeezing my hand as I rested my head on her shoulder.

'Did you see Cole's face when he saw you in that bikini. Starstruck, girl, he was starstruck,' Lyra whispered in my ear, clapping her hands with excitement. I laughed quietly, muttering back to her, 'It was so worth it. Even if it means my brothers could potentially kill me later.'

She nods, giggling as we both stretched out, absorbing the heat from the sun. I was just getting into my tanning mode when I felt four shadows above me, blocking the sun. Glaring, I looked up to see Jared, Dylan, Cole and Jordan standing above me, all peering down at me and Lyra with bewildered expressions.

'What?' I snapped, closing my eyes as I lay back down.

'We just wanted to tell you that me and Dylan are going over to meet some people and Wyatt and Aaron have gone to do some adult boring shit or something,' Jared spoke from above, me choosing to not even bother to speak and instead nodding in reply.

'Alright see you later, then. I'll let you go back to...whatever this girly thing is.'

At this, I cracked one eye open, laughing as I watched them run off together, over to where their friends awaited them. Still smiling, I turned back round to Cole and Jordan, both who had now taken places next to us, Cole next to me and Jordan on the other side of Lyra.

'You better not disturb us,' I warned them, shooting them both a warning look as I took back my original position.

Not even 5 minutes went past when I felt something cold squirt onto my stomach. Letting out a strangled yelp, I opened my eyes to see Cole, an innocent grin plastered on his face, as he continued to smear sunscreen all over my stomach and legs.

'Fuck you, Cole,' I scowled, ignoring the tingles that were now all over my body thanks to Cole's wandering hands.

'Nah, I'm alright,' he replied, 'and you should be thanking me for not letting you burn. Skin cancer is more common than ever you know,'

'Whatever,' I muttered, pretending not to see the arrogant expression on Cole's face when his hands went a little too close to some areas. I played my best poker face- pretending not to even be bothered. Like anyone fucking believed it. Lyra was practically bursting with excitement while Jordan pretended not to watch, letting out the occasional 'watch it mate' when Cole's hands went anywhere near anything.

Finally, after a long 10 minutes of me going red (either with anger or desire, I'm not entirely sure), Cole finally finished, lying back down next to me, his head wresting on my stomach as he completely ignored the murderous glares that Jordan was sending him. It's not like I was complaining though- in fact, I just hoped I got to witness the conversation that was bound to happen later between Jordan and Cole.

---------

I must have fallen asleep because, the next thing I knew, gentle hands were laying down a sunhat across my face. Fluttering open my eyelids, I squinted at the brightness, Jordan's face coming into view as the world came into focus.

'Hey,' I said groggily, rubbing my eyes as I tried to wake up- I swear, getting up from naps was so much harder than a proper sleep.

Jordan grinned, seeing I was awake, 'Good, you're up. Me and Lyra are gonna go for a walk if that's okay- everyone else is still away so it'll just be you and Cole.'

'It better just be a walk,' I laughed, smirking when Jordan shoved me, a playful expression on his face.

'Shut up, Alyssa,' he called back over his shoulder, running over to where Lyra waited, a smile lighting up her face as she watched him. I snorted, yelling one last remark at Jordan, 'Just remember to ask my permission when you ask her out, buddy!'

Grinning, I watched with satisfaction as Jordan flipped me the finger, pulling Lyra closer to him as he hurried them away. Feeling triumphant, I turned back to Cole who was looking on at me with an amused expression as I maintained a smug expression.

'Whatcha wanna do then?' I asked, collapsing down next to him and immediately resting my head on his shoulders. I felt him shrug, his voice sending vibrations through me as he spoke, 'We could go get ice-cream if you want.'

Instantly, I perked up, a smile lighting up my face, 'Fuck yeah.'

Grinning, Cole got up, hoisting me up at the same time.

'Oh wait,' I frowned, 'we can't leave all the stuff alone,' 

Ugh. I was really looking forward to ice-cream. To my surprise, Cole just starts laughing, shaking his head at my expression.

'Your brothers are literally part of the mafia. They have a whole group of staff waiting on them, Alyssa.'

Looking around, I was embarrassed to see that, exactly like Cole had said, there was a whole group of staff who were settled a way back on the beach, eyes obviously peeled on all our belongings. Cole still laughing at my statement, I rolled my eyes at him in reply, grabbing his hand as I dragged him towards the ice cream stand.

It was only when we reached the ice-cream parlour did I realise that I still hadn't released Cole's hand. Not that he'd been complaining but, still, I was surprised at how right his hand felt resting in mine. Clearing my throat, I gently extracted my hand from his grip, crossing my arms as I felt his eyebrows raise up at me. Luckily, I was saved from having to give an explanation as we were pushed to the front of the queue, the lady serving giving us an expectant look.

'Hi, can we please have one cookie and cream ice-cream and,' Cole looked at me and I pointed at the nicest looking flavour- I didn't have much experience in ice-cream choosing , 'a chocolate brownie heaven as well.'

'That'll be $7.80, thank you.'

Startled, I began to reach into my pocket for change, stopping when Cole's arm pushed the money away, him instead handing over a 10-dollar bill. I frowned at him, poking his arm- I had wanted to pay. He glanced down at me once, flashing me a smile before reaching over to get the ice-creams. Whatever, I'd make sure I payed next time.

Skipping over to a bench, I waited with anticipation as I watched the ice-creams in Cole's hands, licking my lips as I gazed at them with excitement.

'You look like you've never had an ice-cream before,' Cole said dryly, eyeing me with laughter. I just shrugged- to be honest I'd only had it when I really young, before my mom turned into a raging acholic.

Trying to forgot the negative memories, I focused in on my ice-cream, a slight moan escaping my mouth as I tasted it. Blushing, I tried to finish the rest of my meal in silence, Cole laughing whenever he heard a sigh come out my mouth. With a last blissful bite, I finished, turning round with a satisfied smile to where Cole was already watching me, his own face softened by a gentle smile as he looked at me.

'What?' I asked, getting embarrassed, 'Do I have something on my face?'

Still not taking his eyes off of me, Cole murmured, 'Yeah let me get it for you.'

Smiling, my protests were cut off by Cole's lips, his hands coming to cup my face as he kissed me. Breathless, I laughed softly, my forehead resting on his.

'That's one way of getting it off my face.'

Cole smirked, his thumbs now stroking my cheeks. He was about to reply when a sudden force ripped him off me, shoving him up from the bench.

Gulping, I watched with wide eyes as Jordan roughly grabbed Cole by the arm, growling out four words.

'We need to talk.' 

Ooooo, a little spice to end the chapter on. Sorry it's a tiny bit late, I think I'm going to definitely make  Wednesdays my uploading day now. Anyways, thank you all for 110k, it's insane and I can't thank y'all enough. Have an amazing day, I'll see you next week :)) <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 96 21
MOVING TO NEW ACCOUNT - @thatweirdokhai - 𝘼𝙇𝙔𝙎𝙎𝘼 𝙃𝙀𝙈𝙈𝙄𝙉𝙂𝙎, 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼...
4.8K 138 17
Since forever it's always just been 13 year old Amelie and her Mum. They may not have been rich in money but they were rich in happiness and they wer...
1.7M 39.9K 44
Brynn Kingslee has spent a third of her life protecting herself from her stepfather as fiercely as a twelve year old can. Only to find, after his dea...