My Boyfriend

Por saabelz

"There are different kinds of guys and their characters reflect in their love-life. That's why I said we all... Más

COPYRIGHT
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12

8

29 11 6
Por saabelz

"So......" Salihat stated  keeping her eyes on the road as she drives. Uriel who was in her little world tapping away on her phone heard what Salihat said.

"Huh??" Uriel inquired not understanding what Salihat was saying.

"Soooooo...." Salihat dragged this time still not looking at Uriel who picked on that Salihat had something to say.

"Spill it !!" Uriel said to Salihat as she takes pictures of herself. Salihat looked like she had been caught. "I  know you have something to say so just spill it out already." Uriel said.

"So..... you're spending the weekend at his place." Salihat took her eyes off the road glancing at Uriel who was busy snapchatting.  Uriel ended the video and looked at Salihat.

"Ohhhh you ruin my snap." Uriel said watching the video she was making where she was making cute faces as the music play. Typical girl stuff.  Salihat voice ruined it. "Yup " Uriel said and glanced at Salihat who didn't say again except for nodding but the expression on her face didn't go unnoticed by Uriel.

"What?" Uriel said grabbing Salihat attention.

"Huh?" Salihat feign confusion not taking her eyes off the road.

"I know that look so what do you want to say?" Uriel asked.  She knew Salihat had something to say but was just holding back. Uriel honestly wanted to know Salihat's thoughts about her relationship with Tony. Being course mates had made them closer in a way and Uriel often understood Salihat positions on things.

"What look?"

"Do I need to force it out of you?" Uriel threatened, mischief in her eyes.Salihat was ticklish and she always threatened her with that.

"Uriel! Don't try anything funny you know I'm driving." Salihat said glancing at her friend at the same time trying to move forward away squeezing herself towards the car door. Uriel chuckled at her friend's attempt to get away from her. Salihat joined her.

"Look I'm trying not to interfere in anyone's love life. You know what happened the last time I did." Salihat started frowning a little. Uriel sighed.

"I know but I'm not Fumilayo besides if I didn't want your honest opinion I wouldn't have asked."  Uriel said. She knew what had happened between Salihat and Fumilayo was a mere misunderstanding. Regardless of how Salihat had acted she knew her intentions were pure. Uriel had always felt like Salihat and Fumilayo bonded on a different level. They had alot in common and stubbornness was one of it. I guess fights between people who rarely disagree were always the nastiest.

"Ok ...you asked for it so don't claw my face with those nails of yours." Salihat joked. "....I'm just surprised that you're going over for the weekend just like that."

"We're moving too fast right? I know we've just been dating for a week or two but..." gosh I knew I was moving too fast.  Uriel thought.

"No.. that's not what I'm talking about. You've spent the night together already so I'm not surprised you're spending the weekend. " Salihat started.  Uriel who was thinking Salihat was going to scold her for wanting to spend the weekend at Tony's place was surprised and just made the ooh expression.  "....you've probably done it already."

"Noo!!" Uriel said, her face heating up. Salihat rolled her eyes at her.

"Anyways what I'm saying is that you didn't hear from him throughout the week. Not even a text. I thought you would be very mad and para for(scoldhim but I was surprised when you spoke to him like it's a normal thing to do and now you're going over for the weekend." Salihat said.

Uriel agreed with what Salihat said and she was still mad at Tony for behaving the way he did but the feeling of missing him was more and she didn't want to overreact.

"I get your point and I'm still very mad at him but I didn't want overreact since he said he was busy at work. I still plan on speaking to him about it but you know I miss him so when he suggested I spent.."  Salihat cut her off.

"So when he suggested you should come over for the weekend you didn't even think you just said yes. Wallahi this guy has used charm for you. " Salihat said and laughed.  Uriel blushing hard and just smiled.

"Sooo......" Uriel stressed. Now it was her turn.

"Sooo?" Salihat glanced at her.

"So.. you ...and Funmi... you guys aren't speaking to each other." Uriel  bringing up Funmilayo annoyed Salihat.

"Make sure to speak to Tony about it. Let him know its not cool for you guys not to communicate." Salihat said ignoring Uriel's former statement. Uriel knew Salihat was avoiding the topic.

"I don't like the awkwardness you guys have created." Uriel stated again

"You guys should speak atleast twice a day. Its good for a healthy relationship." Salihat said once again ignoring Uriel.

"Seriously you guys should talk about it over the weekend."Uriel said

" My regards to ..."

"Will you come on stop it!!" Uriel shouted  shutting Salihat up. Salihat was shocked   and suddenly stopped the car in the middle of the road. The car behind them horned and Salihat started driving again. This time frowning.

"I'm sorry I shouted but what you were doing was annoying.  I don't know what's wrong with the both of you. The tension is so tick I could cut it with a knife." Uriel paused and looked at Salihat.  "..You guys aren't even thinking about how this affecting the rest of us especially Daniella who doesn't which side to take."

"I don't need anyone taking my side. Daniella should have her cousin's side I don't care." Salihat shrugged.She thought back to Daniella and she really felt bad for her but she wasn't ready to speak to Funmilayo so Daniella just had to take heart.

"No one wants to take side but you two need to resolve this before it turns to something else. Call her during the weekend. Its obvious you're going home today b'cos you don't want to stay in the apartment with her." Uriel said trying to reason with  Salihat.

"Why should I call. She started it all. I was only trying to look out for her but obviously she thinks I'm jealous of her. Magana banza (stupid talk).

"I know you meant well and this is just a big misunderstanding, you two just need to talk calmly in order to understand where the other person is coming from. If you won't call her atleast pick if she calls you. " Uriel pleaded but Salihat didn't say anything.

"I'm not driving you all the way to his place fa " Salihat said changing the topic.

" you're not nice." Uriel said and they both laughed. ".. I chatted him up he is around central area so just drive me to your place I'll ask him to come pick me from there."

Salihat looked at Uriel like she was crazy.

"Mai ki ke ce (what did you say?) You'll tell your boyfriend to come pick you from my father's house. "

"No  na he won't come inside I would go and meet him outside or I could just go and meet him in central area when he's done. Thank God I'm wearing something long I don't want Hajia to think I'm teaching her daughter bad thing." Uriel looked at what she was wearing and they laughed.

Salihat drove them to her home. Her family lived in Maitama a highborn area in Abuja.

An hour later Salihat and Uriel were sitted on the swing chair in the veranda  sipping their orange juice as they gisted. Salihat has showered and was in a more casual outfit while Uriel still remained in the clothes she wore there. Salihat dad wasn't home but her mum was. She was a very beautiful and curvy woman. She was always nice to Salihat's friends whenever they came over.

Salihat was the third born of her parents and only daughter of her mother. Her mother had four children. She, her eldest brother who was married, her immediate elder brother who was still unmarried and her naughty younger brother. Being the only daughter her father spoilt her rotten. She got everything she wanted and was enjoying being the egg of her father's eye until her stepmother gave birth to a girl taking away the title of 'only daughter' from her. She had 3 siblings from her stepmother.

The gate was opened and a black venza drove in.

"Wow look who's here!"  A guy said as he stepped out of the car holding a bag. He walked to the girls and sat one of the metal chairs opposite them. "Hello girlfriend " he said winking at Uriel.

Uriel just chuckled shaking her head at him. "How are you Jafar ?" She asked.

"I'm fine now that I've seen you." He said and Salihat rolled her eyes.

" Jafar  stop trying flirting with my friends." Salihat said to her younger brother. He attended the same University as them. He was still in his first year but for some reasons always enjoyed pissing his sister off by flirting with her friends.

"The last time we were here you said Ene was your future wife now I'm girlfriend. " Uriel said to him laughing.

"Uriel why are you encouraging him. He doesn't have sense." Salihat glared at her brother who didn't pay her any attention.

"Babe chill he knows we can give birth to him. He's just playing." Uriel stated

"What kind of play is that?" Salihat hissed

"Baby you know I love them old." Jafar wink at Uriel who burst out laughing.

It only annoyed Salihat the more.

"Dan Allah  be going. Where are you even coming from? " Salihat asked him

"I went to get mama's clothes from the tailor." He replied standing up he took one of the glass of juice and drank out of it. "I'll see you later girlfriend" he said to Uriel going inside with the juice.

"Jafar bring back that juice!! Wawiya (idiot)."  Salihat called out her brother who just laughed.

"He knows how to press your buttons " Uriel laughed at Salihat annoyance. Her phone started ringing and she answered. After a few seconds she hung up.

"It's Tony. He's almost here" she told Salihat.  They stood up and went into the house to get her things. They got to Salihat's room and she carried her bag.

On their way down the stairs Salihat's Mum came into view.  She glanced at Uriel bags and asked

"Ahan mai ya faru(what happened)?

"Mama she's going " Salihat answered for her friend.

"Is that true Uriel?" Salihat Mum asked again. Her tick accent sipping through.

"Yes ma " Uriel answered shyly.

"Haba atleast you should wait to eat. They're almost done preparing dinner." Salihat's Mum insisted but Uriel politely declined. " Toh no problem. How are you going home. Should I asked Jafar to go drop you?" She suggested.

"Thank you Ma my bo..." Uriel started but Salihat cut her off

"Her cousin is coming to pick her. He's almost here." Salihat spoke for her friend.

"Yes Ma my cousin is coming to pick me." Uriel reiterated

"Toh badamua (ok, no problem) my regards to the family."

Uriel smiled at her and they headed out side.  When they got outside they burst out into laughter knowing what almost happened inside. When they got of the gate. Tony was parked outside waiting.  Salihat followed Uriel to the car and she and Tony exchanged a little pleasantries. She bid them bye as they drove away and walked back into her home.

Meanwhile in the apartment Daniella, Ene and Funmilayo were getting ready to go out. 

As they got dressed they contemplated on where they going to.

"Let's go to town " Ene suggested and they agreed.

When they were done getting dressed. Daniella took out her phone for them to take selfies. After a thousand pictures and a dozen snap videos they finally headed out ready to have fun.

It was around 10pm-ish when the girls decided they were ready to head back. Looking around they weren't any cab around. They saw few other students like them waiting looking for rides back .

"Why is the road dry tonight?" Ene asked.

"I don't know o...no car has driven past here for like two minutes which is weird. This side is always busy." Funmilayo said.

The girls stood there for about twenty minutes and they still didn't get a cab back. Hey waited for another ten minutes before Daniella took off her heels and held them in her hands.

"Oohh this is why I hate Friday nights. It's like everyone is out that's why cabs are scarce. "Daniella hissed. "My legs hurt."

"Dani what about that your cab man. He normally works at night right? " Funmilayo asked.

"Thank you I didn't even think of it. Let me try his number." Daniella took out her phone to daily her cab man's number.

"Tell him we'll pay him the double amount." Ene said frustrated.

"O.B.O  rich girl " Daniella said with her still to her ear.

"Its true na...if he is far from here he might be reluctant to come but if we agree to pay him the money for coming here and the amount for him taking us back he will agree." Funmilayo said siding with what Ene had earlier said.

"His number isn't reachable ." Daniella said dialling the number again. "Its isn't going through. " she told her friends.

"Haaa of all days for his number not to go through." Ene huffed . "What should we do now.  Its getting late and there's cold." Ene said hugging herself to keep warm. Her sleeveless jumpsuit didn't help matters.

"Yours is even better see the short dress I'm putting on. My legs are freezing . Me I suggest we walk to that club that isn't far from here. That way we'll stay there till 5am I'm sure there'll be cabs by then b'cos you see how students are much here, if we don't struggle we won't get cab o." Daniella said.

"There isn't even a  hotel close by that we can walk to. I don't get why cabs are scarce tonight. " Funmilayo stated looking down to see that her net top and ripped jeans won't keep the cold from getting to her.

"I agree let's go to the club." Ene told her friends and Funmilayo not having any other choice. As they started walking in the direction of the club a car stop beside them. The window rolled down and a guy spoke to them saying.

"Hey ladies, do you need a ride?"

***********
Funmilayo: Finally!!! Thank God ,I hate getting stranded late at night.

Author: one time, my friends and I went out at night to celebrate one of our friend's birthday. By the time we were done the cab man who was to come pick us didn't show up and there were no cabs going our way plus it was getting late. After waiting for several minutes, we approached a guy and begged him to give us a ride in his car. His car was small and there was six of us. He had lots of loads at the back seat and we agreed to placed them on our legs. I and someone else sat in front with a few of the loads close to our legs while the remaining four managed to sit at the back. 😂 He didn't take is all the way back to school but he dropped us at the place close to school where we were sure to get a cab.  What a night it was .🤣🤣

♡♡♡Vote□□□Comment ♧♧♧share■■Follow.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

28.6K 4.7K 52
Andrew and Victoria's relationship was their definition of perfect, but everything came crashing down when Andrew broke her heart. The only problem n...
58.9K 9K 28
"God! Kemi I'm so sorry I shouldn't have..." "You're sorry?" she asked her eyes misty with unshed tears. "What do you feel for me Nnamdi?" "Christ!"...
539K 26K 105
After a tragic accident tears apart their friendship group, once best friends Kenji and Darian have never gotten along. Kenji thinks Darian is...
15.2K 2.3K 39
Featured on Ambassadors Africa's & NG Reading Lists A NIGERIAN ROMANCE NOVEL Coupled with the guilt of killing a friend in the university, John Sal...