PERSEPHONE

By LittlePumpkinWriter

~Dare to Fall In Love With Her~ "Oh love, if you are Persephone, I can be your Hades." His smirked left me... More

Beware of Persephone
Copyright
1 | Welcome to the Underworld
2 | Burn the Witch
3 | Game. Set. Match.
4 | Under the Future King's Gaze
5 | Persephone's Temptation
6 | When Lips Are Sealed
7 | When Fireballs and Snowballs Meet
8 | The Voice of Temptation
9 | Who are you?
10 | Do Not Drop the Bomb in the Queen's Castle
Writer's Note
11 | Test the Boiling Water
ANNOUNCEMENT
Important Announcement
13 | Unknown Waters, Unspoken Thoughts
14 | The Devil with Pillows and Blankets
15 | Champagnes and Confessions
16 | Playful Banters Laced with Honesty
17 | Commanding Temptations
18 | The Poisoned Apple
19 | Summer Heat
20 | The Kidnapping of Persephone

12 | When The Gem Tasted Fireworks

90 7 2
By LittlePumpkinWriter

12 | When The Gem Tasted Fireworks

Emerald's POV

I didn't know that dating can be this grand. I felt like I was being treated with luxury and such fine grace. Candles were lit, chandeliers providing light in the room and with us only two, it felt like I was dreaming. I haven't been into this kind of thing where girls go on dates. I found it absurd and a way to impress a girl you want to sleep with after but now, honestly, I want more of this. This felt genuine. I felt precious. I felt like I was a dainty princess being treated right.

"Your dessert is here. Here's our special cake, Madame." The French chef spoke as he served me this lovely small cake covered in white frosting and have yellow flowers on top. Oh how cute!

"Thank you." I smiled at him while the waiter arranged the table again to make it look presentable and perfect. Seemed like they are keen into getting things perfect, I thought to myself.

"Your Highness." He addressed the prince before me who gave him compliments about his cakes. The chef gushed, accepting all praises like they're his lifeline.

"Enjoy!" He bowed before leaving with the waiter following behind him.

"How are you enjoying the dinner so far?" He asked as I sliced a piece of the cake.

"Wonderful. I feel like a princess to be honest." I said and he chuckled.

"Well, you should feel like that every time." He replied before taking a sip on his sparkling wine.

"Hmmm..." I hummed not sure what to reply to that. He sent me a smile before he took a bite on his cake.

"So you're a UNICEF volunteer." He started talking about my life again and I set my fork down not wanting to eat more. I need to watch my weight. Like for real. Axel's going to beat me with work out again tomorrow.

"Yes. I am. I teach kids and help in relief programs." I smiled proudly. I love teaching kids dearly and the relief programs? Ah! I wanted to cry just seeing them accepting our help.

"Oh! You're a teacher?"

"I had my master's degree in Harvard." He whistled at that before smiling.

"That's really great! A crown designer and a teacher, huh? What a feat!" He grinned leaning towards me. I blushed at the way he looked interested at me.

"Not much compared to yours, I believe." I replied back and he shook his head.

"I was born with a title, Emeralda. Trust me when I say, you've got a lot of skills and great ones too. You might even crush most of the royals I know." He smiled before drinking.

"Well, I will take that as a compliment." I grabbed my own glass and drank it all.

"Say, if you come to Sweden to do work with UNICEF, perhaps we can meet up."

"I would love that." He's willing to see me again. My heart swelled at that. I had to place my glass down before he can notice how shaky my hands were. I was still nervous with him. I didn't want to mess this up. I didn't want to get embarrassed in front of him. I felt the need to be perfect.

"Are you full?" He asked looking at my plate of barely eaten cake.

"Yes. Thank you again."

"My pleasure. Now, I would like to take you somewhere." He said before he stood up and walked towards me. With his hand reaching out to me, I took it as a sign to stand up. I held his hand and he tugged me up.

"I hope you'll like it." There was a twinkle in his eyes and I was excited what he wanted to show me. He didn't let me go. Instead, he moved his hand until our fingers intertwined and he gave my hand a squeeze. I looked at our hands together. Am I dreaming? I heard him chuckle and so I looked up to him only to meet those ocean blue eyes of his.

"Are you nervous, Emeralda?" He asked and I looked down on the floor before nodding.

"Kinda." I only replied and I heard his wonderful laugh again.

"Don't be. I am just a normal human being, love. Don't think of my title too much. It's just a title." That was the problem. That title was not only a title anyone can take. His title came from his royal blood. He's a royal and therefore, he shouldn't mingle with me but I am also so attracted to him that I can't stop wanting to be with him.

"Okay." I froze at that moment at his sudden movement. I felt his lips on my forehead, lingering there for a few seconds before he pulled away. I just stood there completely surprised that he would do that.

"Oh! Did I surprise you there?"

"Uhm.. "

"It's okay. It's just a forehead kiss. Come on." He smiled before he tugged me again and I followed him. We were out in the wide garden in no time. No one was there but us. The green grass spread wide and far across the garden with red roses blooming around. My attention was caught as I spotted a swing at the corner while there was a table and two marble seats in the middle. Are we going there? Solar lamps surrounded the garden providing the ambient atmosphere. Their yellow lights brought me comfort and relaxation and I thought of buying those kind of lights for my yard. I looked at the white swing again and I wanted to go there.

"Do you want to go there?" He asked following my gaze. I nodded and he led the way.

"Come and sit." He said as he let me go and went behind the swing. I gladly took a sit and settled myself comfortably.

"Are you ready?" I heard him ask behind me. I held the swing tightly and nodded.

"Yes." Then, he began pushing me until I began swinging. I giggled at the thrill of it. It might look childish but the simplest things like this make me happy and at peace. The wind caressed my face lightly and my dress went with the flow while I was being swung by.

"Higher please!" I demanded and he chuckled before pushing me harder. I swung higher, my feet dangling in the air. I wiggled my feet in the air. I laughed at our childish behaviour and for me, I didn't care acting like this. Sometimes, we got to experience our inner child to feel more alive. That's what I want to experience every now and then. I have been so busy and stressed lately I haven't thought of being happy like this for a while.

"Oh gosh!" I gasped as he pushed me again. I laughed at the way I swung, my dress floating in the air and I hope my hair isn't messed up yet. Oh shit!

"My hair!" I exclaimed.

"What? What about your hair?" He caught me by the swing and stopped immediately. I bumped into him harshly but he held himself there to support my back. I could see the confusion on his face with his eyebrows furrowed and his eyes full of concern.

"Is it messed up?" I tugged my hair before trying to fix it.

"God! You're really something, Emeralda." He laughed while I tried brushing my hair with my fingers.

"You're fine. You're beautiful either way." He said before he followed my fingers, brushing my hair with the tip of his fingers. Even that he did with grace.

"You're really pretty." He softly spoke and then his fingers brushed against my right cheek. His touch was soft and tingly. I caught my breath. His eyes searched into mine and we fell silent. And before I knew it, he leaned down, closed the gap between us and his lips landed on mine in a soft kiss. I felt butterflies in my stomach and my heart raced. I closed my eyes and trusted him. This felt right. I felt like I was in heaven with the way our lips danced. He pulled away to look at me then attacked me with kisses. Our breaths became harsh and our kisses went desperate. I snaked my hands around his neck and pulled him closer to me. His kiss deepened and I felt his hands on my waist. Then BANG! I pulled away quickly at the banging sound, breathless and lightheaded. The burst of colors in the sky caught my breath again. Fireworks. What a coincidence to feel fireworks in my body and yet here I was watching fireworks with the prince.

"Surprise, love." He whispered before kissing my cheek.

"I love it!" I smiled before I pulled him into another kiss.

"Thank you." I said in between kisses.

"Anything for you, Emeralda. I really like you." He confessed and my heart hammered at those words of his. I wanted to scream. Did he- The Prince just confessed! Oh my fucking gosh!

"What?" I wanted him to say those words again to make sure I wasn't dreaming. This was real.

"I like you, Emeralda." He said those words again and I laughed at that not being able to contain myself on the happiness and thrill I was feeling. I crushed him into a tight hug and then kissed him.

"I think I like you too, Max." 

Another update! What do you think of their date? Em doesn't have any great experiences with dates and she hates dating. She mentioned this a couple of times in Sparks Return and The Emancipation of Tune. Haven't read those stories? I recommend you visit my profile and start reading those. My De Luca Bride, The Emancipation of Tune and Sparks Return are stories of Em's friends so I hope you'll take some time to read those. Vote this chapter if you want. I really appreciate the support. Thank you!

Love,

L

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 90 14
When Enid Jones a straight A student and a perfect Islamic daughter any parent would wish to have, won a scholarship to the prestigious Montrose Acad...
8.6M 201K 101
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
2.9K 165 19
I tried to ignore them as he whispered seriously, "Eyes on me baby." FUCK IT!!! THOSEEEEE BUTTEERRFFLLIIEESS!!!! 'I know he is flirting, he gotta be...
2.3M 69.6K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...