Just Fate

By humanitis

Priya Gupta and Rahul Bhatia, two ordinary people whose families have been friends for a very long time. A c... More

Part One: Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Part Two: Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Eight

15K 466 8
By humanitis

"Just get away from me Rahul, there is no way I'm helping you again in my entire life. I tried my best and one mistake, which by the way she created made me the villian right, so why don't you stay here and spend the rest of you sad little life here, with her!" I yelled before storming out, dragging my suitcase with me.

    "Wait, Priya, will you just wait damned, why the hell are you so annoying? Look I didn't mean it, wait!" He screamed. Clearly that didn't make me stop. I was furious. Furious about what he had just done to me after everything I did for him. I threw my suitcase angrily into my trunk and got into the front of the car, just as I slammed my door I heard the other door slam too. Rahul had gotten into my car.

    "Just get out Rahul" I said annoyed. 

    "I'm not going to get out until you listen to me" he insisted 

    "Fine you want to stay here, works with me. I guess you can come back to Vancouver with me then" I said starting the engine of my car.

*********************

1 day earlier...

"Hahahah seriosley though, did you look at your face?" I said laughing my eyes out to Sydney "you were like Olivia baby, honey boo boo, and she called you tiger bear before owning you" My stomach ached from so much laughter. Sydney and Olivia were officially dating and they just had their first fight. I know I wasn't supposedd to laugh, but I couldn't resist it. She rolled her eyes whilst I laughed and walked faster to avoid my comments "Alright alright, I'll stop. But seriousley though, aren't you going to call her? Apologize?" I asked her.

    "Apologize? For what? I was just being honest with her! You want me to apologize for being honest?" She asked me with a startled face. Just as I started to laugh my phone started buzzing in my back pocket. I pulled it out and read the notification out loud 

    "Michaela Scott's new tweet <Old memories in the cabin with Rahul Bhatia>" for a minute I ignored it and then the rock hit me and I screamed "Wait what? Rahul Bhatia? Rahul Bhatia? What the hell?" Everybody started staring at me in middle of the mall. Suddenly, Sydney started laughing "Oh what so your going to take revenge on me now, I laughed at you so now you laugh at me?" She laughed even harder. 

    "Dude she is literally winning at life, step up your game Priya, or trust me, your never going to get him darling" her words kept ringing in my ear like wake up bells. She was right. I couldn't let Voldemort win the battle. I, being Harry Potter had to work my genious magic and get Rahul to face me, instead of her. I had to plan something, fast. So I decided to do the first thing that came into my mind. Crash the cabin party. 

    So I started texting Michaela:

Hey Michaela, I'm so sorry to disturb you but I just wanted to know if Rahul was with you, he hasn't been answering my calls, or my texts. 

She soon texted back saying:

Oh, hey Priya. Yeah he's actually with me here right now at my cabin in Lebrinsky. That's strange, Rahul told me that you were in Torronto visiting your cousin, that's why he came with me.

I replied back smartly with only one intentioin, getting invited to the cabin by none other than the devil herself:

Oh well I had to come back, I could't be one minute without him. For a second I thought he was cheating on me. Oh well that's fine I'll just go home then, but please do take care of him. He means a lot to me.

I know, dramatic. But it was necessary.

Hey, my cabin actually has space for one more, why don't you come down tomorrow, it'll be great!

Bingo! I did it with only two messages. Now I get to tell Rauhl that she invited me, and I'll be on the safe side. I started packing immediatley and went to bed early. I had a long drive to take the next morning. 

    The day was cloudy down by the south, it was cold and rainy. I could barely see anything from car glass. I kept getting calls  from Rahul, but I decided to ignore them, just incase they were to tell me to go back. But I was almost there, five minutes more and I would be crashing Rahul's so called romantic alone weekend with the devil. I soon pulled up outside the cabin and stepped out of the car, filled with excitment. I knocked on the door, but no one answered. I knocked again. Still no answer, then I heard laughing noises behind me. Ofcorse it was them laughing with joy until the atmosphere turned silent and Rahul's face was instantly startled.

    "Priya? What are you doing here?" He asked, adding a bit of fake love and happiness after realising that I was his fake girlfriend.

    "Well, Michaela invited me, didn't you Michaela?" I looked at her with a accusative and innocent face.

    "Um, yeah I did. I'm happy to have you here" She said faking a smile. There was a awkward silent between us until she said "Well, lets  get inside it's freezing here." She opened the door and just before I entered, Rahul's hand pulled me back and he whispered 

    "What are you doing here? " I faked a confused look and said

    "You deaf? I just told you, she invited me" before he could say another word, I let go of my hand and snuck myself inside. The place was huge. There was a piano and a huge TV in the living room, the kitchen was gigantic and the bathrooms, well let's just say they were king size. The cabin was better than Rahul's apartment. I was much more luxurious and warm.  I dragged my suitcase in with my mouth open. Damn she was rich. 

    "Well lunch is ready why don't you sit down, I'll bring the food." she said politley. She was starting to get nicer and it was freaking me out. She was starting to get better for Rahul, but I wasn't going to let this happen. I had to beat Voldemort, I reminded myself to give myself some hope. 

    "No, don't be silly, I'll help you" I said just for the sake of avoiding Rahul' s anger towards me and the delay the argument. We walked inside the kitchen and started conversing. 

    "So, this place is pretty awesome. How long have you had it for?" I asked her.

    "Thanks. We have had it our whole lives, I used to come down here a lot as a kid and play by the river with my sister." Hold up. Sister? What sister? I never knew she had a sister.

    "Oh, you have a sister?" I asked with curiousity.

    "Had, she was always invisible. She died five years ago. Commited suicide. Depression. That''s why I got my... you know, drug addiction." Wow, I had no idea she had been through so much. I had to admit, she looked like a bitch from the outside, but on the inside she was just another soft good persosn. 

    "I'm so sorry, I had no idea." I said feeling guilty.

    "No worries, nobody knew, not even Rahul." right, Raul. I thought. Michaela turned out to be a good person after all, but I still couldn't let her take Rahul from me. He was all that I had left. Well, all that was left from all I wanted. So I was going to fight for him. Abruptly, she woke me from my thoughts. "So, how long have you too been together?" she asked me. I wish I could answer that honestly, but I was working towards that, so instead I just said 

    "Well we have known eachother our whole lives, our parents are great friends. But we have been dating for three years now." I said smiling wishing it was true, trying to make her jealous of our fake relationship, and longtime friendship.

    "Well you are a really lucky girl, Rahul is a great guy" she said. I nodded and immediatley agreed with her in my head, but if only he was my boyfriend my thoughts screamed. 

    We ate together with our stomach's filled with food and our mouthfulls of beer. We laughed and talked, and to be honest, it was fun. That was until the evening. Michaela sudenly said 

    "Well, it's been a long day, I'm going to go take a nice hot bath. I'll leave you two love birds to have fun" She said walking up the stairs with a fake smile on her face. Clearly she liked Rahul too, and now I felt guilty about crashing. I felt like I was trying to get Rahul without his own will. I finally realised it was wrong, but it was too late. 

    "So now tell me honestly, what the hell are you doing here Priya? Because last time I checked, you knew I was head over heels for that girl and this weekend was my chance to connect with her! " he yelled at me

    "Look, she invited me ok? And I'm sorry  to have crashed your little party over here but I just thought it would be rude to say no to her. Besides, your dating me remember, so how exactly did you intend on making this relationship work. By fake cheating on me?" I  said defending myself. 

    "Don't worry about that, I had that all under control, infact, I told her that you were in Torronto, so how exactly did she think of inviting you over? Ha Priya?"  Shit, I was officially screwed, but I didn't want to lose our friendship.

    "Well, I saw her tweet and Sydney being the stupid person that she is, messaged her that I was back from Torronto and to tell you to call me." That was the best lie I could come up with. I know it was wrong of me to throw Sydney under the bus, but she wasn't really going to get affected by this, so I decided to go with it anyways.

    "Don't give me that bullshit Priya, I know your lying. God I feel so stupid thinking that I could rely on you to help me out with this, instead you just ruined it!" He screamed. That was it. A minute ago I was feeling guilty about what I did, but now, I take it all back, it was time to spit out everything I had done for him, to show him how I ruined his chance with Michaela. 

    "Really, so lets see, I faked being your girlfriend after you lied to me and took me to lunch, I came to parties with you, which by the way I hate, for that girl, I helped you get rid of drugs for that girl for heaven sake, and one little party crash ruins it all, doesn't it Bhatia?" I asked. I felt angry and sensetive, I wanted to cry, but my level of anger was too high right now. 

    "No, I didn't -" He started saying but I interrupted

    "Just get away from me Rahul, there is no way I'm helping you again in my entire life. I tried my best and one mistake, which by the way she created made me the villian right, so why don't you stay here and spend the rest of you sad little life here, with her!" I yelled before storming out, dragging my suitcase with me.

    "Wait, Priya, will you just wait damned, why the hell are you so annoying? Look I didn't mean it, wait!" He screamed. Clearly that didn't make me stop. I was furious. Furious about what he had just done to me after everything I did for him. I threw my suitcase angrily into my trunk and got into the front of the car, just as I slammed my door I heard the other door slam too. Rahul had gotten into my car.

    "Just get out Rahul" I said annoyed. 

    "I'm not going to get out until you listen to me" he insisted 

    "Fine you want to stay here, works with me. I guess you can come back to Vancouver with me then" I said starting the engine of my car. I started driving but he wasn't getting out of the car. "Just get out Rahul, I already ruined some of your chance with her, don't ruin it all, she will be worried about you. Now get out of the car and go" I demanded. But he just shook his head and refused to go.

    "No, look I hurt you and I won't let you go back, so if you don't come back with me, neither am I" he said stubbornly. But I still didn't want to talk to him, I couldn't face him anymore. He touched my last nerve and I couldn't go back. So instead I just kept driving and said

    "Fine if you refuse to go back, I guess your just going to ruin your chance with her even more" He mumbled and ok and for the next hour there was nothing but silence in my car.

    My eyes were drifting to sleep and I was getting tired when all of a sudden my car slowed down and eventually stopped. 

    "What the hell?" Rahul asked sounding a bit scared.

    "Um, I think  my car just ran out of gas" I stammered

    "Oh hell no, that cannot happen. The last motel or gas station we passed through is arouond fourty five minutes away from here." he stated. I immediatley got out of the car and started walking "Wow, where do you think your going missy?" he called from behind.

    "If we stay here then we are never going to get to the gas station are we? And I don't think god is giving free gas from up there so start moving that butt of yours. No time to waist." I said walking facing backwards. 

    "Alright" he mumbled and started walking. 

Hey guys please comment below and tell me what you think of the chapter!! What do you think is going to happen next??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 99.8K 57
Rehan's mother is a typical Indian mother, who wants to get her son married before he turns 28. And also she doesn't want him to marry his cunning au...
66.1K 7.1K 57
Here I am again with another story based on anidita. Here Anirudh, Bondita and Saudamini were best friends but after bondita's parents death she went...
1.1M 44.5K 47
Priyanka -> Priyanka is 22 years old and is in the process of completing her masters in Buisness administration.Since a very young age Priyanka ha...
719K 32.5K 53
[Edited β€’ Completed β€’ Revised] When twenty four years old software engineer, Shree Jaisingh is proposed to marry an equally talented, young and fortu...