A New Life

By Aquarius727

Becuse of certain divine being get upset, I lost my life. Luckily, said divine being was feeeling remorseful... More

Chapter 1: Transmigrated? Really?
Chapter 2: Ren
Character Sheet Part 1: Ainslie Family
Chapter 3: Visit to Fief
Chapter 4: Social Debut
Chapter 5: Living Independently Part I
Living Independently Part II
Nightly Discussion
Kidnapper Vs Sass
Solitary / Rescue
GROUNDED!
Water and Shadow

Out to the Town

970 72 3
By Aquarius727

The food had lasted for a month. There's still some left, but it won't last for another day or two.

I'm also taking a hobby of writing and doodling in an empty book, and I'm running out of book and ink.

Not to mention Asher had caught a flu. It was still on the light stage, but I rather not taking chance.

Conclusion: we're going to the town today.

"Asher! Let's go to town!" I called out. He nodded and about to say something before a sneeze cut him off. I cringed and handed him a tissue box. We really need to bring him to the Doctor, ASAP.

The travel to the town feels much longer than it should be. Asher sneezes every few minutes or so, it would be annoying if I'm not worried about him. The highlight of this situation as it was near the end of winter, so there's less snow and the weather is clear. Had it been snowy or stormy, I don't know what should I do because, duh, WHO wants to go out in that weather? Anyone who did must be freezing to the bones!

When we finally arrive at the town, I ask some passerby where to find a doctor, healer, clinic, apothecary, whatever. As long as the owner competent and not prejudice against beastman.

We were directed to a clinic. It was not big, but decent enough for business.

The one who greeted us was an old woman with wrinkles decorating her face and whitening hair. "Welcome." She greeted. "What can I help you with?"

I pointed at Asher. "Do you cater for Beastman? He's been sneezing nonstop." Cue Asher went into another sneezing fit.

The old woman observed him, before reached epiphany. "Ah. You're Fenris Beastman, aren't you?"

"Fenris?"

"A type of Wolf-Beastman. Fenris is notably known for their white fur." Huh. So Asher is a wolf and not a dog. Well... some dogs do resemble wolves a lot. "Your friend just caught common Flu. It's a good call for you to coming here instead of straight buy medicine. Some Beastman has an allergy to certain herbs. I'll write them for you." I know. There's a reason I freaked out over what should I feed him with. I hope his list of allergies is not long. "I'll make the medicine, but it will take some time."

"It's okay," I replied. "I have something to do. You don't mind if Asher stays, don't you?"

"Wha?" Asher blinked. "But ma-a-ah-ACHOO!"

I chuckled and patted his head, scratching his ears lightly. "Sorry Asher, but I don't think it's a good idea if you follow me. I doubt the shop owners would like it if you sneeze all over their wares." He pouted at me and do his best of puppy eyes impression.

Wide innocent eyes. Pouty lips. Ears flattened to his skull...

...damn it. It was working.

"Right. I'll be back as soon as possible. Please take care of him, ma'am! Bye!" I quickly run away before he got me wrapped around his fluffy paw. I swear I hear him whines.

Sorry, Asher. But this is for your own good. I'll take you on a walk when you stop sneezing.

I buy stuff similar to last month. Paid people extra to set my purchase aside until I collect them later. I notice that since it was near spring, some people start selling/buying seeds to plant come next month.

I can't help but think of my yard. My empty, barren yard. While during winter it wasn't too bad, but come to Spring it would be obvious. Maybe ordering some flowers and bushes would be a good idea. If anything, having plants to take care of would help passing times. Just that, ugh. Asher's allergy.

...I need 'The Allergy List', ASAP.

But berry would be safe, right? I'm fond of Blueberry and Strawberry. And growing my own vegetable also would be food cost saving.

Well, canine shouldn't have too much allergy.

So... carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, potatoes, radish, strawberry, and blueberry-in-a-pot. Roses, lavender, sunflower, and chamomile. Yep. Got it all. Ah. Some spade, fertilizer, rakes, watering can, and pesticide. What else did I miss? Maybe it's all? Hopefully. I hate to make another trip just because I miss something. Then set the order to be delivered at my house in the first week of Spring.

It was a smooth shopping trip. Just that...

"Ahh! Brother!"

I don't expect to see my sister here of all places.

"Lilianne." I greeted her in surprise. Both of us were surprised to see each other here. I mean, this is the last place I expect to see her. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh. Buying some seeds and making arrangements!" She smiled as her aides hauling seeds and stuff to the cart. "I've been thinking of owning a farm. Surely Father won't mind to it." I think father would approve. At least she can invest her money where it worth and act at the right time. You better prepared for seeding and planting in early spring, at the latest. Planting season and stuff. If you late, you might end up being the last to harvesting your stuff. Some plants are also seasonal. "What about you?"

"Interested in Gardening," I replied, trying to hide the fact I was jealous she think ahead of me. She had a business idea and act on it, while I just... going along with the flow, to say.

I don't know where the jealousy comes from. Maybe it was a remnant of my previous life? The Entrance Exam was hard as fuck, so I get competitive over it. And I once join Summer Doujin fest as a newbie author for fun... but ended up taking it way too seriously.

...

...

...

Okay. Definitely remnants of my previous life. Can't believe just now I notice my competitive streak.

"Oh, ok." Lilianne nodded. "Blooming flowers in spring is really pretty. And you broke up your engagement over a rare flower. Don't overwork or scaring your gardener to death ok?"

I rolled my eyes at her teasing tone. "Whatever," I said and paid-up my purchase. Writing down the address on a piece of paper. I was thinking to slip a silver coin as an incentive but decided against it. Since I don't have income just yet, I have to notes all my expenses and making an accounting book. Spending only on necessity. Treats are for at the end of the month if there was enough leftover from that month's budget.

Miser? Who cares. At least I don't splurge my money like water.

"See you later, brother! Let's meet again!"

I waved a hand at her and exiting the shop.

The road is much busier. More people are going in and out of the stores, buying stuff, or making a trade. Understandable. It was noon, so of course, the shopping district is buzzing with activity. Only, because it was still winter, night arrived early. Already, the sky had geared to afternoon orange-ish, and some store put on lamps, lantern, and in some cases, candles.

/THUD/

"Ouch!"

I winced when I hit someone in the crossroad. "Sorry sir, I was not looking," I said before continuing my way.

...why do I feel someone staring at me? Nah. Probably a worried adult wondering why a kid was left unsupervised.

Luckily the clinic was not too far from the crossroad. Only about five stores away. I don't have to suffer the uncomfortable stares for long.

"Master!"

Ooof! I almost fell over when Asher tackles me. "Sorry for the wait," I said. "Are you ok?"

"He will be fine." The old lady said, approaching us and handing over a small pouch of medicine. I lightly squeeze it, feeling the texture. Some kind of dried herbs? "Mix one and a half teaspoon of it with a glass of warm water, your friend has to drink it twice a day. In three or four days, he will be better. Keeping him warm also would help." She then handed over some list. "This is the list of his allergies. Thankfully your friend is quite resilient so there's not much of it."

"Thank you, ma'am." I smiled and paid her for service and pulling Asher to finish the shopping trip, which basically was just getting our stuff. I only had to show the receipts to get them. While waiting, I read the list.

Yep. None of my purchasing causing him allergies. Good. I can rest peacefully then.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

331K 18.1K 116
"You are too overpowered. Your existence poses a great threat to my son and daughter of fate. I had no other choice but to kill you." This was the v...
117K 4.9K 29
I, Ishihara Jun was killed in a plane crash at the age of 18. I was on my way to a job interview in South Korea when another plane hit ours. I protec...
73.1K 1.7K 29
For some reason I was pull into a new world. I was afraid that I will get hurt too much from all of this.
1.2K 84 15
My name is Min Ae-ri Shin ... Or it was that. One day as I was taking a bus home from my college as usual while playing an otome game on my phone si...