Azula Flickering Hope

By Squ_ibby

My story is messy its broken and torn and hard to look at. I'm not the princess, little girls grow up wanting... More

Cold
Princess
Take
Warmth
Punishment
Red
;
Hide
Gone
Escape
Honest
Dive
Blend
Masks
Options
Choices
Distinguishers
Adjusting
Semblance
Bruised
How they look
loyalties Lie
Another choice
Slipping
Getting in
Forget everything
Liar

Reunion

259 15 0
By Squ_ibby

Azula POV

We stood hidden by a rock wall only a short distance from the entrance.
while I stayed leaning inward, peaking past it to count the gaurds four at the front gate and there were five others in the entrance hall including a secretary.

But most of the gaurds were on the inside they were clearly more focused on keeping criminals in then keeping others out.

" Ok here's the plan Pokku you go in with Kumara and say your visiting your cousin and say there name is Lee theres probably 100 Lee's in there so let them go down the list to stall"

"Okay so if that works then what, She can't stall them forever they'll start asking questions "

" Kumara will start crying and go into the washroom near the right wall to "calm down"
I know your not the strongest bender but you can try slicing through the bars with the sink water people get uncomfortable when girls cry in public"

" What about me" Zulon had his arms crossed leaning against the stone wall and glaring down at me

" You and I will break in through the window I'll take out three gaurds and we'll put on the uniforms find my father say he's been summoned by the fire lord because of the princesses death and hopefully no one will stop us to early"

They all nodded along but Pokku looked terrified

" what about me I'll still be in the waiting room"

" your job is to keep stalling the person at the counter and keep them from sending any gaurds are way then when we make it to the entrance create a wall to block the door that will give us some time to spread out and you'll never have to see me again"

" But, won't the assassins come after us" "if there smart they'll come after me and my father first and by the time we're done with them you won't have anything to worry about"

Kumara tapped her chin and thought it over

"don't you think it's risky you and your father can't bend do you really think you can take down three of them"

" This is my father we're talking about we won't need bending to deafeat them"

"I don't know this plan is risky "

" from what I've seen confidence a plan of action and power are all you need to get what you want"

Zulon stayed behind with me while Pokku and Kumara made there way inside she smiled at the gaurds who blushed and smiled back. Zulon had his eyes trained on them like a hawk and I had to tap him on the shoulder to get his focus.

"If anything happens to them I'm blaming you and I won't let you forget it"

" Relax its going to be fine, trust me fire nation soldiers look intimidating but most of them are idouts"

Kumara started crying and pointing fingers while Pokku tryed to settle her down he pointed to the washroom and she wiped her eyes while a gaurd led her to the door.

and just like that Me and Zulon ran across the right side of the building I picked up a rock and threw it to hit a bush on the other side it took the gaurds attention away for only a moment just enough time to run past them.

I hugged the wall when we made it and counted the windows above us until I made it to the fourth to see water springing from the cracks

" Zulon help her out and melt away some of the screws"

I kneeled down on one knee so he could reach the window as tall as he was he still need to stand on his toes

He let out a small flames from his fingers and the two of them slowly disconnected the bars from the wall

He lifted me up and I tryed not to be embarrassed. I gave him a helping hand to pull him up felt the sting of my wound tug and threaten to split so I quickly pulled him up and let him climb his way through the rest of the way

"Okay remember those metal helmets are loud as hell if you smack one with another so don't do it if you don't want to call attention to yourself if you need to knock someone out hit him really hard in the head by lifting they're helmet and dropping it back down on them"

" won't that hurt them they could get permanent brain damage from that-"

"This is no time for sympathy you knock them out until they can't remember there name"

Kamara slowly walked out the door and the gaurd from before had reached his hand around her waist and smiled down at her

" You know your really pretty for a water tribe girl how about I take you out sometim-"

She lifted herself up and kicked him in the head as hard as she could and kept kicking until He was barely conscious

Zulon and Pokku looked mortified but I was incredibly proud in her change in attitude towards violence

She pulled him into the bathroom and gave the suit to Zulon who awkwardly undressed and put on the tight shoulder pads.

The next three soldiers were easy we just took them out everytime one of them walked past the door and then layed them against the bathroom floor.

I changed into a mans uniform that felt loose in certain places and tight in others. but I admit I did miss the sharp shoulder pads.

Each of us made are way down the hall way some people gave us strange glances but a little confidence that showed this is were where we're supposed to be was all it took for them to look passed us.

Finally I made it to the main hall where we would have to walk with the head gaurd to let us in the lower level He was the same man who served my food everyday.

I see he still had that slightly shorter leg

I put on a solemn face and marched up to him with the three of them behind me

" Hello sir We have direct orders from the fire lord to bring Ozai to the palace after Princess Azulas death"

"Princess Azula is dead! He tilted his head in surprise the poor fire lord  and her mother they must be heart broken after all they did for her"

" Yes it is from what Ive heard Zu- The firelord is planning on giveing him a final punishment"

" He smiled and held his stomach to laugh, well its about time but I didn't get any record of this "

" Are poor firelord is wracked with greif won't even leave his room He didn't bother sending anything he just ordered us to bring him"

" I geuss that makes since he is still a kid, do you need help escorting him"

" No these soldiers and I were trained enough to handle a weak old man"

He smiled and went thrue the keys Okay I'm only letting two of you in if you don't mind"

I waved for Kumara to follow who willed herself forward and was practically breathing down my neck as we got closer to the door

I looked back at Zulon and He nodded and stood against the wall pretending to stand gaurd

We made are way down the familiar hallway of yelling prisoners at least this time their were different insults. They couldn't see my face thrue the helmet so it was mostly common Slurs like fire snake and demon bringer.

I followed him down the steps with Kumara close behind I was happy this time I wasn't in a straight jacket.
He turned the key and there I was again in the silent hallway

Each step Kumars breath grew more rapid and panicked and she clung to my armors rim like life depended on it I have to admit I was scared to but he's my father this should be fine. We can finally be a normal faimly now
We made it to the door and The gaurd fumbled with the key's

" Are you two planning on telling him I don't think you want to see him angry"

" No sir The fire lord is planning on telling him himself"

He opened the door and I saw the slight shine of a blade I immediately jumped back and shoved Kamara out of the doorway
The knife flew from out the door and plunged into the gaurds chest

I heard a gasp and He collapsed to the ground

" Ugghh why can't any plan go smoothly,
now we need to hide a body"

The voice was familiar and venomous I stepped forward and saw one of the assassins holding a knife to my father's throat

She saw me and smiled wickedly
"what a brave soldier you are comeing in to save this foul old man"

" Let him go! You pathetic elephant rat"

"Snarky one we got here I don't like that"

She walked over and pulled the helmet off my head and her smile returned as she looked into my eyes and I stared into her dark green ones

She had long black hair and sharp eyeliner and wore a tight red and black leather suit She was older around thirty and her nails were long and black

Hello Princess how nice of you to stop by and make are job much easier

Father looked up at me and smiled he expected me to get him out of this

I tryed flipping her over my shoulder but she grabbed my arm and pulled it behind me and shoved my face to the floor

"no no no that's not how it's going to go princess, You may have be good fighter before but you've grown weak"

Her freinds stayed behind her another man with a long black ponytail and a watertribesman with dark skin and a chilling stair.

She started laghing loudly and Kumara stayed hidden on the other side of the wall

Her laugh was wicked and ill intentioned she had to catch her breath before speaking

"did you come here to save daddy even after all he's done"

" Those who choose to speak I'll of my father and I never live to speak again Should I start with your heart or tongue"

She pulled me up by my hair and I winced as she held me up by a fist full gripping it upward like a ponytail
I was infuriated at how easy she made it look and I tryed everything to escape her grasp

" Do you Honestly think he cares about you at all, Thats Pathetic"

" word of advice kid coming from someone who has experience with shitty dads He dosen't love you He never will no matter how hard you work for him and he will never care more about you then himself"

" That's not true Azula I've always been proud of you You can get me out of this"

It felt nice to hear him again, to hear he was proud of me still even after failing him.

" She smiled and cackled wipeing the tears from her eyes, You hear that shit fine let's test your fatherly love"

" Okay Ozai I can kill you right now and I'll leave your daughter out of this she can go live out the rest of her life with her new freinds but keep in mind I will never let her take the throne even after I kill your son"

" Or and this one you'll get a kick out of, I can kill her right here with my bare hands and I spare your life and get you back on the throne instead after I've killed Zuko"

I felt my heart drop in my chest I know what his choice will be before he even says it.

The air hangs still he's trying to make it seem like a hard decision my life or his

" I'm sorry Azula, this is my only choice I can't live like this in a prison cell being looked down apon by your wretched brother. I can always hope you'll be reborn as my next child and you can start over please try and understand this is what's best"

She lifted me up in the air pulling at my hair and pushing me against the wall I tryed kicking her in the stomache but she didn't budge

" Say your orders firelord"

" Kill her"

" You heard what he said"
she wrapped her hand around my neck and squeezed I clawed my fingers at her hands desperately fighting for air My head spins while I'm wheezing and gasping for oxygen

" Fath- Father... Dad Please-"

I felt her palms continue to press down on my throat letting me only make small ragged gasps.

Father stared away from me not bothered to look me in the eyes while I begged and reached out my hand towards him

I tryed as a final struggle to pry her fingers from off my throat digging my nails into her wrist I felt life drain from inside of me

And then in a final momentKumara jumped out from the door tears in her eyes while I gasped for air she pushed her with all her body

And the women loosend her grip giving me the smallest amount of air She sighed and nodded at her freind who pulled out a knife from his back pocket

She tightened her grip around my throat and leaned in tight to whisper in my ear her hand still held a grip on my hair and another on my throat

Tears flooded from my face as I tryed everything to fight back

" Don't worry sweetheart I'm killing your father right after this theres no way I'm letting your poisoned bloodline infect the royal faimly ever again after all you've done I think it's time the fire nation had a fresh start"

I patted around her waist while she was close to me until I felt the small handle with my fingertips in a final burst of energy I gripped the handle and hooked my finger through the hole and stabbed her arm

She let go of my throat but she still held on tightly to my hair practically lifting in the air I saw The watertribe man holding his own knife ready to throw it at Kumara

He murmured small prayers not breaking eye context with her he readied himself to kill her although he didn't seem to eager to kill a child

I looked at the knife in my hand and then my hair realizing I only had a few seconds to make a decision

you did always have beautiful hair

But I can't let them kill her to

I grabbed my hair just above my head and sliced I felt the tight grip of her hand disappear and in a moment I jumped to the side and Grabbed Kumaras arm I felt a sharp deep sting in my shoulder but I kept my focus on her hand and pulled her out the door.

almost tripping over the body I pulled the keys from off him and kept running

"Azula Oh my god are you okay"

" Just shut up and RUN!"

" AZULA YOU HAVE A KNIFE IN YOUR SHOULDER"

" Thats not important right now just keep running!"

We bolted down the not so silent hallway and slammed the door behind us I fumbled for the gray key and locked the door We ran up the stairs quickly and finally made it to the main cells.

" That door won't hold them forever"

"then what should we do"

I smiled at her and I think she had the same I idea that I did cause she grabbed the keys from off me and started unlocked the cells one by one

Every prisoner looked very confused on why two teenagers were breaking them out but they walked out anyway it was quite and they all just looked at each other confused

Sigh...

She looked at me and smirked she grabbed my hand and lifted it in the air and yelled loudly with way to much excitement as if she'd been waiting for this moment all her life

RIOT!!!!

Violence broke out immediately and despite what just happend My shoulders bleeding and My throat burning I laughed

She laughed with me and pulled my arm down the hallway of fighting knifes and chairs flying as the cellblock ran out along with us

The gaurds terrified faces just before being jumped and then Zulon watching in horror while we ran infront of the biggest Riot he'd ever seen

" What the hell guys this wasn't the Plan!"

" Just run stupid!"

I grabbed his hand and pulled him along with us while tears fell from my face from laughter at this awful hilarious situation

Kamara looked back at me laughing and gasping for breath

" You know what, you look hot with your hair short!"

I flushed red and tryed to keep up with the wave of prisoners that continued to break open cells releasing more and more people

When we made it to the waiting room Pokku was fumbling with his words at the front desk and gasped at the sight of us

"No time to explain just run!"

Zulon grabbed his hand and pulled him out the front door the four gaurds seeing us running away yelled and chased us out the door

"Stop right there!"

Kumara still giggling like a child yelled back

" I think you guys have a bigger problem on your hands "

They looked behind them at the chaos and glanced back at us then ran into the building

The four of us kept running on an adrenaline high made it to the top edge of cliff just above the lake

You could blame it on the adrenaline or the lack of fear I felt in that moment or maybe just because I hadn't slept in three days. But I was laughing harder then I'd ever had all of us where. It hurt my throat and chest but I felt really happy.

We looked at each other and each of us took four steps back and running forward jumped into the air and plummeted into the deep lake below.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

870K 23K 78
***CURRENTLY UNDER EDITING*** Broken, filled with loss, pain, and anger of her people's death... she could only hope she had died with them. An Air B...
91.8K 2.3K 35
𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 | ᴄᴏᴍɪᴄs ❝ I want our future to be just like that, as happy as theirs. ❞ ✎ 𝐀𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐫: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐀𝐢𝐫𝐛𝐞𝐧�...
2.8K 64 18
Hi!!! This is just for like a few days until Katara's healed! If you don't know, read my last book, the trip to Gaoling or something like that. It co...
129K 3.5K 37
Kya is now taken captive to the Fire Nation and faced with choosing herself over her beliefs. Siding with Azula for a better chance at survival Kya s...