Silence

By AndySimps

Death. I expected it but it came when I I least expected. Reincarnation. I don't know what to expect from it... More

1.Death
2.Time Really Flies.
3. Oh God No!
4. Blood Splattered Walls.
5. Isn't That Ironic?
6. Weird Neighbour.
7.Peaked My Interest.
8. Tick Tock.
9. Plot Begins.
10. It's So Simple.
11. Moment in Time.
12. You Pass.
13. The Puddle Of Doom.
14. Hit Rock Bottom.
15. It's Just A Sprain.
16. Chakra Not Chatora.
17. Awkward Dinner.
18. Miroirs De La Mort.
19. He's really short.
20. Home Sweet Home.
21. Talking Tortoise.
22. Sadist Ibiki.
23. The Forest Of Death.
24. Maki Modosu
25. Right Now?
26. Karito VS Karasu
27. My Paddles.
28. Abyss of Shadows
29. Try Again.
30. Oh, Goodbye.
31. Dramatic Entrance.
32. The Nightmare.
33. So Attached.
34. Just Give Me A Break.
35. Calm Down.
36. Too Pure.
37. Behind Kakashi's Mask. (Part 1)
38. Behind Kakashi's Mask (part 2)
40. Marathon Drama.
41. Ships And Banana's
42. Shinobi Mary Poppins.
43. Change In Style.
44. Promises and Betrayals.
45. Through The Eyes of Others.
46. Too Far Gone.
47. I Couldn't Bring her Back.
48. Till Death Do Me Part
49. Guilt and Sly Bastards.
50.Never Ending Tears.
51.Baby Foxes and Owls
52. Linoleum and Fluorescent.
53. Dark Voices and Plush Sharks.
54. Power Crazed Lunatics.
55. Sugar High.
56. Far More Valuable.
57. Sneaking Out and Midnight Rendezvous'
58. Awkwardness and Bleeding Noses.
59. Spare Keys and Apologies.
60. It's Just A Bump
61. Spilt Blood
62. Behind the Mask.
Chapter 63. Unblemished Linoleum.
64. Bloody Ceilings
65. Rain Check.
66. Ramblings and Fair Warnings
67. Fallen Cans and Stale Coffee.
68. Torture and Iced Tea.
69. Grocery Shopping and Unprompted Conversations
Hiatus till the 30th of May 2024

39. Open Up.

10.7K 527 139
By AndySimps

Shizukana's P.O.V.

Today was a fine day. Well, it's still 10 am. But still. It looks like its gonna be a good day.

I am on my way to the Hokage building. I was called for some reason and was told that there were some matters to be discussed. I didn't exactly know what matters but I'm sure I'll be fine.

I reached the Hokage building and walked towards the Hokage's Office. I knocked twice on the door and opened it when I heard a come in.

Inside was Kakashi Sensei, Shikamaru, Asuma Sensei, Lady Tsunade and Lady Shizune. Lady Tsunade was seated on her chair and Lady Shizune stood next to her holding a pet pig dressed in a jacket and a pearl beaded necklace.

I closed the door and stood next to Kakashi Sensei. I bowed my head to everyone in the room and Lady Tsunade broke the silence.

"Now that everyone is here, why don't we get to it." She said looking at Lady Shizune. "As you know, the Chunin exams weren't officially ended. However, I've found some of Lord Third's notes and he has chosen the graduates for the Chunin exam." She said holding two files.

She looked at me and Shika with a flashy grin. "Congrats brats. You are promoted to Chunin." She said making everyone in the room except Shikamaru and me to smile.

I narrowed my eyes before widening them. I looked at Shikamaru who shared a similar expression to mine. I then looked at Kakashi Sensei and he was holding a file and a Chunin vest. He was giving me a closed eye smile.

I gave back a bright smile as Sensei handed the vest and the file to me. I looked at Lady Tsunade and Lady Shizune and bowed. Lastly, I looked at Shika and gave him a wide smile to which he just chuckled.

Time skip...

Naruto was bursting with joy when he saw me with the Chunin vest. He hugged me and started gushing about how next year, he's gonna pass the Chunin exams.

Sasuke on the other hand showed some different type of emotion. At first, he was surprised but then something flashed in his eyes and he congratulated me before walking away. I was kinda disappointed at his reaction but it was expected of him.

Hinata's was overjoyed. She was talking a mile a minute when we met at the bakery she loves. By the end of our conversation, she was flushed like she just ran a marathon. It was fun listening to her talk.

After that, I decided to visit my parents. Well, that means the cemetery. I haven't visited them for a long time but I try to visit them whenever I can.

I walked through the gates of the cemetery and past the many headstones until I came across theirs. I place the fresh flowers that I bought from Ino's flower shop. They were Easter Lilies. Mom's favourite.

I sighed before sitting down on the ground. Their graves were beside each other and it reminded me of the way they died. Trying to reach each other in their final moments.

I touched their headstones before lying down on the ground with my back to the ground. Well, the grass and dirt might get my clothes and hair dirty but I didn't mind. It's the least I could do.

"I just graduated Chunin," I said aloud, hoping they might be able to hear me. I know silly right? But it feels nice to talk to them. Even though it's a one-sided conversation. "Shika also passed the exam so that means we are the only new batch of Chunin graduates for this year."

I patted the vest which was sitting on the ground next to me. I smiled when I remembered a conversation I had with my parents.

Flashback. ( 8 years ago.) Shizukana is 4 years.

I was sitting on the couch while Dad was sitting next to me. Mom was folding the laundry near the kitchen.

"My Shizu is growing up to fast," Dad said making me smile. I just turned four. "She was so little and now she's so close to becoming the strongest kunoichi in Konoha." He said with a big smile.

"Sozoshi." My mother said sternly. "Don't limit her options with your silly predictions. What if she wants to be a doctor or a teacher?" Mother said looking at me with a small glint in her eyes.

Dad pouted and started mumbling. I shook my head at his antics and replied with, "I want to be a ninja someday."

As soon as I finished the sentence, Dad started cheering and clapping. "How's that Mido? Shizu wants to be a ninja." Dad said smiling maniacally. He leaned towards me and pinched my cheeks.

"When Shizu graduates Genin, we are going to celebrate. And when she graduates Chunin, we are going to talk." He said making both my mother and me raise our eyebrows. "You know, about the skills you want to pursue and mainly about boys." He said giving me a playful glare.

I rolled my eyes while Mom chuckled. I widened my eyes when Dad was serious. But then he went back to the playful person he is.

End of Flashback.

"We never got to have the talk nor celebrate," I said. I imagined hearing Dads playful laugh echo through the cemetery.

I just stayed quiet and looked up at the sky. It was around 5 in the evening and the sky was orange with some clouds scattered around the sky. It was breathtaking but there was something that didn't make sense.

Why didn't Danzo make his move to take me before I joined the academy? He had eyes on me for so long. He could have done something.

Before I could ponder to that question. I heard footsteps headed my way. I looked up to find Takada staring at me. I instantly stood up and grabbed a kunai from my pouch.

Takada just laughed. "My, my Shi-chan." He said with a mocking voice. "What's with the haste? I'm just here to congratulate you on graduating Chunin." He said raising his hands in defence. I cautiously looked around to find the whole cemetery empty except for the two of us. But that doesn't mean he doesn't have backup hidden.

"Why are you here?" I asked softly. I had gotten over the fact that he had betrayed me but it still caused my heart to break.

"To congratulate you." He said walking closer. I lifted my kunai and stood in place. It didn't stop him from walking towards me.

"Put the kunai down. It's kinda rude isn't it?" He said pouting. I didn't put the kunai down so his face turned serious. His eyes became sharp and his mouth curled up into a sinister grin.

I widened my eyes at the Killing Intent that came oozing out of him. It made it hard to breathe but I raised my head high and took a defensive pose.

Just as he was a few feet away from me, he reached into his pouch which made me take a step back. He pulled out a piece of paper which I recognized to be one of my marker tags.

"I found this in my apartment." He said making me gasp in realization. I had forgotten about the marker. I just rushed out of there.

"I know you found the safe and I know that you haven't told anyone." He said looking at me carefully. He kept on walking towards me before he disappeared into thin air.

I turned around to find him. But he wasn't there until I felt someone breathing on my neck. I froze up. I didn't dare to move when I felt the cold feeling of a kunai placed at that back of my neck.

"Just because you graduated Chunin doesn't make it impossible to get you." He whispered into my ear. "I'm coming to get you. Just wait." He said before his hand snaked from my back to the hand which held my kunai.

He slowly inserted a paper from his hand to mine and gave a small chuckle. "See you later." He said before simply vanishing.

There was a small gush of wind and I was left alone. He had vanished and left me in the dark. I couldn't move. It was as if his words have hit all of my pressure points making it hard for me to move. The atmosphere around me was tense and it held the feeling of dread.

I looked down at my hand to find an origami bird splattered with blood. I just stood there for so long. Maybe for even hours. I just couldn't move. There wasn't anything wrong with me, no injuries or anything. The fact that I am no longer safe in this village, just makes me lose the sense of safety I felt yesterday.

My mind raced with all the thoughts and possibilities of me being captured. It just never ended. I was so absorbed by them that I didn't feel someone walking towards me. I yelped in shock when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder.

Kakashi's P.O.V.

After spending some time with Guy, I decided to visit Obit and Rin. I came yesterday and felt like coming today.

I changed the incense sticks on Rin's grave and place some fresh flowers. They were Bellflowers. The ones Rin always loved to collect. I stood there for around thirty minutes before heading to the KIA headstone. Where Obito and Minato Sensei's names were.

I paid my respects for a few minutes before turning towards the exit of the cemetery. I saw someone standing in the middle of the cemetery. I narrowed my eyes when I recognized someone as Shizukana. What's she doing out at this time.

The sky was already dark. So I decided to see if something was wrong. I walked towards her and place my hand on her shoulder and she yelped before turning to face me.

There was fear in her eyes and she was holding a piece of paper which was folded into an origami bird. But what irked me was that it was splattered in blood.

"Shizukana," I said softly and she jerked from whatever she was thinking about.

Shizukana's P.O.V.

I stared at Kakashi Sensei without saying a word. I watched as his eye travelled to the origami bird in my hand.

"Shizukana." He said softly. I jerked at the mention of my name. I didn't say anything. "Is something wrong?" He asked me and I shook my head.

Sensei took the origami bird from my hand and inspected it. Once he found out that it didn't have any clues, he looked at me and sighed. "You don't have to be afraid. Tell me what's wrong." He said.

I looked into his eye and nodded. "He came back," I whispered. I knew he heard me because his eye widened and he scanned the surroundings. His eyes landed on my parent's headstones.

"Let's find a different place to talk." He said leading me to the exit of the cemetery. We walked for a few minutes until we came to a stop at a park. He led me to a bench and sat down. I sat next to him and sighed.

"Explain," Sensei said. I hesitated but decided that it would be best if I told him. So I decided to explain from the start.

"My parent's death wasn't an accident. It was a planned murder by Danzo Shimura to execute any living relation of mine." I said and Sensei just froze. He didn't react, he just stopped moving as if time had frozen. I decided to continue. "A day before Lady Tsunade came back to the village, I went into Takada's apartment and found some files about some missions. One particular mission was gaining my trust. He had files containing my details from when I was four and my Genin file."

"How do you know it was Danzo?" Sensei asked me. He had recovered from the shock.

"Mission reports were addressing a Danzo Shimura. So I pieced the parts together and it all made sense." I said making Sensei nod.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked. "It has been a month since you found that information. I know it wouldn't have made a difference but at least you could have told someone." He said making me look down.

"I don't know why I didn't say anything," I said making Sensei sigh. I looked at Sensei to find him running his hand through his hair.

"Tell me about the kunai. With the symbol. How did you learn about that jutsu?" He asked. I stayed quiet for a few seconds before opening up.

"I read about it in a book before the third exam and thought that it would help against the competition," I replied. Even though I was telling Sense everything, doesn't mean I'll tell him about the Time manipulation. Maybe I'll tell one day.

Sense narrowed his eye at me but shook his head. We sat in the silence for a few minutes. He seemed to be in deep thought. I didn't want to interrupt him so I kept quiet and looked at the paper bird.

It was folded neatly and was splattered in blood. So, why did he give it to me? As a warning? I didn't get to think about it because Sensei started speaking again.

"Things have changed and they aren't for the better," Sensei said making me look at him. "If Danzo knows that you know, he won't be discreet with you anymore, meaning there might be more attacks. But, I won't let that happen." He said nodding his head as if he was agreeing to something.

He looked at me directly in the eyes and placed his hand on my shoulder. "I won't let anyone hurt you. I promise. I know what Danzo can do. He's tried to manipulate me several times." Sensei said making me tilt my head in confusion. Kakashi Sensei just shrugged. "I've made some mistakes that I regret," Sensei explained cringing as if remembering something.

I raised my eyebrow at that comment but then decided not to say anything. I took his words to heart and nodded. He gave me a closed eye smile and slumped against the bench.

"Do you know why he gave the origami bird?" He asked making me look at him. I shook my head and looked at the paper bird.

"I don't know. But I think he meant that as a warning? Or maybe a threat?" I said sounding unsure. This just caused Sensei to mumble. I managed to catch a few words.

"Shizukana Tori. ...Quiet bird," Sensei mumbled under his breath. He didn't say anything afterwards. He just nodded his head now and then.

We stayed in the dark for a few more minutes before Sensei stood up and looked at me. I looked at him and stood up. There was a difference in height that made me look up to have eye contact with him.

"I'll walk you home." He said making me nod. We started to walk down the street and towards my apartment.

We walked in the silence and didn't say a word. There wasn't any need to say anything. I told him everything except for a few minor details like my Time Manipulation.

Once we reached my apartment, I unlocked the door. I had changed the locks because I knew Takada has an extra key. He was my neighbour/ 'guardian.'

Before stepping inside, I looked at Sense who was leaning against the wall. "Get some sleep." Sense said making me hesitate.

"Honestly, it's going to be hard to fall asleep tonight," I said rubbing my neck. Kakashi Sensei sighed before standing up straight.

"I know. But get some rest. Lady Tsunade will be giving us C or B rank missions since everything is back to normal." Kakashi Sensei said making me nod.

"Good night," I said and Sensei nodded his head. I stepped in and locked the door. I stood there for a few seconds before heading to my room. I never really wondered who cleaned it since the attack. It should have been slated with blood.

I shook my head as I tried to clear my thoughts. It's gonna be a long night. I placed the paper bird on my table and walked into the bathroom.

Kakashi Sensei's P.O.V.

As soon as Shizukana locked the door, I walked down the corridor and jumped out the window onto a lamp post. From there, I jumped onto the roof and scanned the surroundings. I'll stay here for the night and keep a lookout. If Takada comes back, I'll notice.

I sat down on the roof and kept my eyes on the horizon. Its gonna be a long night.

Third Person's P.O.V.

As Shizukana kept her guard up in her room and Kakashi stayed on alert on the roof, little did they know that they were being watched by someone from far away

A/N. hey guys. Sorry for not uploading earlier. My sessional exams had started and I was very busy. But now that its over, I'll head back to my schedule.

What do you think about the chapter? Takada has some nerve to come and threaten Shizu like that. And I apologize if Kakashi and Shizukana's talk wasn't detailed enough.

One of my readers commented that Shizukana's physical appearance isn't well explained and they would like to get to know that. So here it is 👇

Shizukana has an average height and average weight for a 12-year-old Shinobi. She stands tall at 157.3 cm and weighs 45kg. She has a thin and athletic physique and has good stamina.

Her eyes are thin and sharp. Her irises are golden yellow. She has a small nose with a pointed tip and thin lips. She has high cheekbones and has pale skin.

Her hair is long and reached the bottom of her waist. Shizukana has paper white hair that can dull down based on her energy.

Her ninja outfit consists of an Emerald Green kimono blouse with long sleeves. The kimono reached her thighs. Beneath it, she wears a black long-sleeved top. She wears black leggings that reached her ankles. She wears the average Shinobi sandals which are black and black fingerless gloves.

Inside her gloves, she bandages her hands from her wrist to the tip of her fingers.

Shizukana carries a katana on her waist and wears her headband on her forehead. Her kunai holster is on her right thigh and she had two pouches on either side of her waist which carries her scroll and other weapons.

Shizukana ties her hair into a ponytail. She then ties her headband around her forehead and pulls out her forehead bangs to fall on top of her headband. Loose hairs fall from the ponytail and make it look like a messy ponytail. (Picture on top for reference.)

On some days, Shizukana braids her hair into a loose fishtail braid or just ties a messy bun.

Ciao... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 328 132
"A mass murderer", they called him, "The modern-day terrorist." I thought I was lucky. Different. That I could live my life the way I wanted to. But...
13.1K 551 57
It's your typical isekai/time travel fix-it. It's my first story so don't expect it to be great. The story is slow-paced, mainly character's growth...
66.3K 2.4K 25
The Fourth Shinobi War was a tragedy for everyone. With her teammates dead, 18 year old Haruno Sakura found herself hurled back into her genin body...
22K 1.6K 10
[Warring States Uchiha!OC] With death comes rebirth. And with rebirth comes Uchiha Isamu, a soul unfortunate enough to find herself in the Warring St...