Cut Yourself Free

By knight_of_toska

(Josh Sauchak x OC) Based in the Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed universe. "One day, I'll break free from the... More

A/N
Morpheus The Black
She Was Scared Of Storms
Frame Of Mind
Great Escape
Venomous
Teeth
ECHO
Paparazzi
Bad Apple!!
HANABI
ハグルマ - Haguruma
Alchemist

дома молчат - Houses Are Silent

207 4 0
By knight_of_toska

I hate my own skin.

That was what I told Fox as I stood on the edge of the rooftop of our apartment. I hated the way my skin felt. I hated the bruises and scars they left me. I hated the constant indescribable pain I felt, this burning desire to tear off my skin in some futile hope of freeing me. I didn't feel like a person anymore. I felt like a hollow shell. I could breathe, think and move, but I felt no emotion. No purpose behind my actions. I felt... empty.

Fox, do you think I'd die from this height? I asked him, standing on one foot, my back to the illuminated grey streets below me. Would anyone scream if they saw my body? Would anyone care if I died?

My mind was empty. Not a single thought came to me. I didn't feel anything in the moment, and jumping didn't seem like a bad idea. All I had to do was fall backwards and become nothing.

Please, listen to me. Don't let what those monsters did define you. You ARE a human being, and you ARE loved. By me and by your mother. So please, don't do this. He pleaded with me like his life was depending on it. 

Did I really mean that much to him?

I looked towards the streets below once more, a slight breeze swaying the two of us. Did I really want this? Would it even change anything...?

No.

No, it's not going to change anything.

I stepped down from the edge and walked back over to Fox. He hesitantly put his arms around me, hugging me tightly. Things weren't going to change if I reflected on the past. I needed to move forward, maybe even start a new life. Go somewhere far away with him.

We'll get through this together. Don't forget that. I'll always be by your side. He said, his hands on my shoulders. I saw it in his eyes. He was determined to make my life better, and after a year of staying in the past, I could finally move forward.

But, maybe that was a lie. I really did want to move forward, but I felt as though I couldn't trust the world anymore. My pessimistic outlook on life that had been brewing for an entire year completely warped my perception of the world, of the people in it. I felt as though I couldn't trust anyone except for him, and my own mother.

That single event had changed my life forever.

No matter how much you run away from your past, it'll always be a part of you.

But that doesn't mean you can't change who you are now in the present.

And I was determined to do just that and cut myself free.

(Title song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ5_vDmnjmU)
(дома молчат by Molchat Doma)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.1K 2.6K 29
"I shouldn't have taken you out of here. You're only mine and now, no one will see what's mine or even take you away from me." - Jungkook The story...
4.2K 80 20
[COMPLETE] "Why are you here? Letting this pro-hero follow you? Distraction of course. You run with the most feared and respected group this side of...
22.1K 733 22
You've always been a trouble child, you hated listening to people and hated following the rules. So obviously you would end up breaking the law and y...
236K 10.2K 50
Yandere bungou stray dogs x male reader Info: reader will have similar traits with Zhongli and albedo from genshin impact! Warning: blood, gore, viol...