Just a Background Character

By RandomPerson286

Evelyn Adely Anderson just fits in. She is your normal meek, quiet 15 year old. Evelyn has always been the sh... More

Chapter 1: Cold Morning
Chapter 2: Am I Really a Background Character?
Chapter 4: Tacos and Photos
Chapter 5: Memories
Chapter 6: Guilty Lies
Chapter 7: Differences
Chapter 8: Treacherous Past
Chapter 9: Old Past, Brand New Future
Chapter 10: Trains
Chapter 12: Blueberries
Chapter 13: The Past Isn't Always so Great
Chapter 14: I Feel as if I Know You
Chapter 15: A Ringing Doorbell
Chapter 16: Hotel Rooms
Chapter 17: New Family
Epilogue
Author Note

Chapter 3: The Project

52 3 4
By RandomPerson286

Amelia was wearing a long pink dress, a plastic crown, and a bright pink lip gloss. I was wearing a light purple dress, a plastic crown, and a bright red lip gloss. We sat in her clubhouse, in her room at a small table.

"Princess Evelyn?" 8 year old Amelia asked, eyes wide.

"Yes, Princess Amelia?" 7 year old me responded.

"Are you excited for our two new baby brothers?" Amelia looked dead serious.

"No! Their evil monsters!" I cried, trying not to laugh.

"You are right, sister! What are we ever going to do?" Amelia cried.

"Attack them." I glared at Amelia, and grabbed my plastic sword.

"Yes." Amelia agreed, grabbing her plastic sword.

We jumped out of the club house, and ran through the hallway into the next room. Two small cribs were in the room. The nursery. I scrambled over to Emerson's crib and grabbed him. I laid him on the floor, and put the plastic sword on his throat.

"What do you say, imposter?" Amelia hissed.

"Yes! Beg for mercy!" I chanted.

Emerson looked at us and cried. Amelia laughed, and I joined in.

A large hand grabbed my arm, and yanked me back, hard. I felt large hands spin me around roughly. Dad was glaring at me.

"What are you doing?" He asked coldly.

"Just playing! Stop ruining our game!" Amelia whined, stomping her foot.

Dad grabbed Amelia and pulled her towards us.

"Playing? Game? You put a sword to your baby brother's throat!" He shook us both once.

"S-Sorry!" I squeaked.

"You better be sorry!" Dad yelled.

He let us go only to calm Emerson, and put him in his crib. Then, he took us both by our arms, and pulled us downstairs. He then made us sit in chairs while he lectured us about being kind for 2 hours straight.

         BEEP BEEP

    I woke up immediately, and quickly turned off my alarm. I sat up, shaking. Was that a memory? Or just a dream that my mind made up? I shrugged, deciding it couldn't matter. I glanced at the clock. 5:00 am. I slid out of bed, and slowly walked to my door. I carefully opened it, and walked into the hallway. The cold night air hit my body; I suppressed a shiver. I made my way down the hallway. As I passed Emerson's and Finley's room, I saw their window was open. How could they sleep in such cold? I opened the bathroom door, and turned on the light. I shielded my eyes from the mighty rays as they poured onto my body. After a few minutes, I undress and turn on the shower. As soon as I hopped in the shower, the water warmed. I sighed, knowing I'll be in here a while.

I walked back into my bedroom, feeling much fresher. I went immetidanly to my closet. I grabbed a pale blue T-shirt, and a pair of black leggings. I changed quickly. I took my brush, and  brushed my hair thoroughly until it felt like silk. I braided it until it looked perfect. I swung my backpack over my shoulder, and headed down the hall to the stairs. I hopped down the stairs. Dad was standing in the hallway that led to the kitchen/dining room.

"Good morning, Evelyn." Dad gave a small smile.

"Good morning, Dad." I nodded in return.

"You look very nice, my daughter." Dad complimented.

"Thank you. As do you." I replied with courtesy.

"Better get a move on. Your mom and siblings are waiting for you in the car." Dad commented.

"Okay. Have a good day, Dad." I was disappointed that I didn't get to eat.

"You too." Dad slipped a granola bar into my hand.

I smiled a generally grateful smile, and ran to the car.

    Amelia bounced into school next to me.

"How can you be so cheerful? Don't you hate school?" I asked, confused.

"Shut up! Aren't you supposed to be a nerd?" Amelia gave me an affection shove.

I only shrugged.

"Oh come on, Evelyn! You're no fun!" Amelia pouted.

"What's your first class anyway?" I changed the subject as we turned a hallway corner.

"Cooking class. What about you?" Amelia seemed to calm down.

"Science. Isn't that your favorite class? Since you have it with Casper?" I smiled.

Amelia let out an unholy scream and rushed at me playfully. I let out a small squeak, and ran to science.

    I slowed my pace as I entered the classroom. I walked into the classroom; roughly 15 kids were already sitting down. I practically threw my bag down and sat into the seat. I waited there for 3 minutes as a few other kids came into the class, and the bell rang. Once the bell rang, the teacher stood up, and hurried to the front of the classroom. 

"Good Morning students!" The teacher boomed.

"Good Morning Ms. Orville......." All the students groaned.

"Students! I demand better! Repeat!" Ms. Orville ordered.

"Good Morning, Ms. Orville..!" My classmates said, only a little more enthusiastically.

I only smiled and mouthed the words; this was normally enough to get by.

"Much better! Although some of you are still lacking. Chris and May, stand up!" Ms. Brown ordered.

Both Chris and May stood up filled with embarrassment; I felt severely bad for them.

"Now, say greet me the correct way!" Ms. Brown commanded.

"Good Morning Ms. Brown!" May and Chris greeted loudly, faces red.

"Sit down now!" Ms. Brown demanded.

Chris and May sat down quickly.

"Now, let's begin class. Take out your assignment notebooks to write down the directions, requirements, and procedure of this assignment." Ms. Brown directed.

I grabbed my notebook and a pencil, and placed in front of me; as did everyone else. Ms. Brown waltzed over to the giant whiteboard that was in front of the room. She took out a dry erase marker and drew a terrible deformed kitten.

"Class, as you see, this is a kitten; over the years the kitten grows up, and the features become more mature." Ms. Brown drew three more terrible cats, each one was bigger than the other.

"This is called aging. Each and every one of us age. For this assignment, you must find a photo of you as a newborn, one year old, two year old, up until the age you are now. You will need to write information on each age and the features you have. You must do this on a poster board. Any questions?" Ms. Brown explained.

Kaden raised his hand.

"Yes Kaden?" Ms. Brown responded.

"Do you have to include pictures?" Kaden asked.

"That is indeed a major requirement. Anyone else?" Ms. Brown replied

I shook my head along with all the other students.

"Good. Now begin research!" Ms. Brown ordered.

I grabbed my laptop, and placed it on my desk. I quickly logged in, and began reading about aging. I got my research done within the time the bell rang.

    I hurried into the house after school, eager to begin my project.

"Ah, ah, ah!" Mom ran next to me.

"What do you need, momma?" I asked innocently.

"You need to eat a snack!" Mom forced a pack of cookies in my hand.

"I will." I reassured, while running up the stairs.

I threw my backpack in my bedroom, and ran to the office, where the attic door was. I yanked the attic door down, and pulled myself into the attic. I gently tugged a small chain down; a light slowly flickered on. I walked to a shelf with boxes, and began searching the titles. Family photos, couple photos, wedding photos, photos of the kids, photos of Amelia, photos of Finley, photos of Emerson, photos of Evelyn. I grabbed the box of photos with my photos, and placed it on the ground. I sat down next to the box, and opened it. I looked at all the pictures; quickly getting photos of me two through my current age. I ruffled through the box, admiring certain photos. I smiled at the photo of me when I was six. I was sitting on a swing in a blue diamond dress with a white collar; I was looking at the camera above me; smiling without showing my teeth. I placed that photo in the photos that I was using. I continued to look through the photos, surprised not to find any baby photos. Then, I remembered Mom said she kept baby photos somewhere else. I placed the box back on the shelf, and grabbed the photos I chose. I climbed out the attic, and walked downstairs, where my parents were.

"Hello Mom, Dad." I greeted them.

"Evelyn." Dad greeted back not even looking up from his newspaper.

"Hello Evelyn. Need anything?" Mom greeted me.

"I have a project about aging; I looked up in the attic for photos, but I couldn't find any baby photos. Do you know where any are?" I informed them.

"You shouldn't be in the attic, Evelyn." Dad warned sternly, looking up.

"Aiden-" Mom began

"It's extremely dangerous. You shouldn't go up there." Dad ignored her.

"I'm sorry, Dad." I apologized.

"Just don't do it again." Dad ordered.

"I won't." I promised.

Dad seemed satisfied as he continued to read the newspaper. Mom grabbed my arm, and gently pulled me away.

"What ages do you need photos of?" Mom asked in her usual soft voice.

"There's none in my box of me from a newborn until I was two years old." I explained.

My mom pushed her long black hair out of her face.

"I can get those for you, sweet pea. Don't worry." Mom hugged me tightly.

Why would I worry? They were just photos.

"While I'll go find them, get started on your project with what you have." Mom said as if it was a suggestion.

"Okay." I agreed, running up the stairs to start the project.

~Note~

Hello readers! Thank you for reading this far! Also, thank you for 31 reads! Almost triple from last time I posted a chapter! This chapter was a bit rushed, as I wanted to get it out soon. Something I noticed while writing this book, is that it won't be that long. Maybe 10-12 chapters? Anyways, have an amazi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 1.3K 46
"𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝘂𝗰𝗸..." 𝗜 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲. 𝗜 𝘀𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗹𝘆 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗮𝗽𝗸𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝗺𝘆 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗲 �...
338 2 14
21 year old Evelyn Anderson was diagnosed with stage zero lung cancer. Instead of going through treatment, Evie hides the life threatening phenomenon...
304 36 18
Evelyn is okay. She's at the top of her class, a Wattpad writer, and a rising star on YouTube. She's also a liar. Her parents fight all the time, bu...