Dangerously In a Heartbeat

By imaginarysekai

"You want to die?" "I will even if don't want to. Life is there, so death exists. It's not like we can escape... More

Prologue
Chapter 01: Hollow and Void
Chapter 02: Insignificant
Chapter 03: A puppet
Chapter 04: Three Rules
Chapter 05: Who am I, really?
Chapter 06: Saga between the two Mafia.
Chapter 07: Must I break?
Chapter 09: A stranger to me
Chapter 10: An Entrance
Chapter 11: Nathan Santiago
Chapter 12: Forsaken
Chapter 13: Damaged
Chapter 14: Firstborn and the eldest heir
Chapter 15: Fuck, fucking, and fucked
Chapter 16: The Fake
Chapter 17: Son of the Russian Mafia's
Chapter 17: Stepfather
Chapter 18: My Personal Monster

Chapter 08: Pretty fingers

3.8K 128 18
By imaginarysekai

ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ғɪɴɢᴇʀs

ʜᴇʟᴇɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ
୧‿︵‿︵  ✾  ︵‿︵‿୨

𝐈 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐃 to control my breath. Inhale, slowly; but it was futile. Every emotion inside me was mixed up and it suffocated me. It was hard to control the rage that was rising inside me. My hand was itching to punch something, anything. Otherwise, I might end up doing something I regret.

I sigh, frustration and sadness heavy in my heart. I walk, looking at the night sky, thinking of what Grandpa had said. Grandma was no longer alive.

The silvery moon looked so cold and alone, although the bright little stars accompanied it. I kept my gaze on the moon, somehow relating to it and finding comfort in it. The moon was like me; no matter how surrounded I am, no matter my brothers are now accompanying me, I am alone and cold. A broken shell, always ready to be broken by life's fate. I was destined to be alone in this sadistic world, and I was becoming a sadist who inflicted pain on others.

Mother is dead, and now Grandma is dead.

I was resentful towards my brothers, even Grandpa. How can they not tell me? They know how precious and how much I loved Grandma.

"Whoa there." All of a sudden, I was grabbed and pulled. I immediately tensed, turning around and punching the person's jaw. He stumbled a bit and stepped away from me, holding his jaw with one hand, cursing under his breath.

"Who are you?" I glared at him. He was tall, and his disheveled silver hair; which was probably dyed had fell on his eyes. He stood three feet away from me, holding his sharp jaw with his long pretty fingers from the impact of my punch. He was really tall.

"So nowadays this is how humans thank someone for saving their lives." He had a manly voice He chuckles, tilting his head and running his pretty fingers through his silkily silver hair. Okay, I know. I do have a thing for long fingers and veins, and no, I am not a mosquito.

I gaze at his gray eyes that had a strange glint. He grins at me. I couldn't help but notice how his hair complimented his eyes.

"And when did you save my life?" I asked, quite rudely.

"You were about to walk into a motorcycle." He pointed his—so far the most elegant and pretties fingers I've seen, to my surroundings. I looked away from his hand and glanced around at my surrounding. He was right, I was going to walk into the busy road that was nearly filled with cars and traffic.

"Whatever, it's not like you did such a great thing." I shrugged. I will die when it's my time anyway. Every human in this world will taste death.

"You want to die?" He asked, curiosity dancing in his gray eyes.

"I will even if don't want to. Life is there, so death exists. It's not like we can escape it." I stated a simple fact to him and walked away without apologizing or thanking him for hitting him and for saving me.

I roam around the city, trying to get familiar with the place. I was hoping I'd find an undergrown street fighting in this town, somewhere near the backstreet or an alley. After walking for about half an hour, I heard the faint sound of hollering and cheers booming through the alleyway where I was working.

"Finally," I muttered, pulling my black hoodie up, covering my face. I walked inside, and the voices got even louder. I made my entrance to the bar, drawing many people's attention to me. A smirk made its way to my face as I moved forward through the crowd of people.

Two people were fighting in the ring in the middle of the room. The cheering people were gathered around them. I look around the bar, trying to find a place to sign myself up for a fight. My eyes found a man with a microphone, who was standing near the ring. I watched in anticipation as one of the fighters finally slammed the other onto the hard ground beneath them. Rolling my eyes, I made my way to sign myself up for the next round.

I received curious stares as I made my way to the ring after signing up.

"Next fight; The winner of the previous match, Black Cat will fight against the undefeated and infamous assassin, none other than Hercules!" The host announced, enthusiastically. Black Cat's eyes widened in fear and the crowd went silent for a while before cheering louder than ever.

The Black Cat was muscular and stood a little taller than my 5'4 ft. He looked scared but replaced it with a scowl.

I had gone two days without fighting, and my hand was aching to fight. This Black Cat is going to have broken ribs for sure. Who even gave him that stage name? It sounds cringe.

"3, 2, and 1. Let the fight begin!" The announcer shouts into his mic.

Black Cat was better than I thought. He was fast and had good flexibility. However, he proved me wrong he threw a fast snap-punch towards my stomach. I dodged it quickly, jumping back, losing my position for a second. I dodged some more of his unsuccessful hits and pinpointed one of his weaknesses and took it to my advantage. He was weak at blocking.

I faked a gut punch on the right side of his body, and he went to dodge it. Then I threw a hard left hook. He stumbled a little, and I grabbed his arms and bent them behind his back, without letting him reassemble himself. I heard a crack in his arms, and a scream escaped from his lips. I knocked him out, doing him a favor to lessen the pain. His career as a fighter ends tonight, probably.

I made my way out after taking the prize money. Scanning my surrounding to see if anyone followed me which didn't happen this one time. I sigh in relief, taking off my hood.

I walked another two hours until I reached The Kotov's Mansion. I took my phone out of my pocket and turned on my phone. I had turned off my phone since I knew Ashton could hack into my phone to see where I am. As soon as my phone opened, I looked at the time. It was 2 am. A bunch of notifications appeared on my phone. I tapped them, sliding them open. Sixteen missed calls from Ryan, Seventeen from Kalen, twenty-four from Axel, nine from Ashton, six from Ren, and one missed call from Ace. I curse under my breath. I was so dead

I quickly walked to the door and realized the lights were on. I kept on a blank expression and opened the door with a scan from my finger.

I was welcomed by a knife. Just kidding.

"Where the fuck were you?"

"Can't you see the time?"

"Why was your phone turned off?"

"Are you hurt?"

"You're grounded."

I was welcomed by my brothers' angry questions.

"Everyone stop talking." Ace's emotionless voice was enough to shut everyone's mouth.

"Helen, where were you? You do realize that it's midnight, right?"Ace questions me, staring at me with a hard and blank stare. I shrugged.

"Is this the way you act after pulling all that shit on us? I fucking can't be-" Ryan's angry remark was cut off by Ace. That was a first. That was the first time Ryan raised his voice at me. I glanced at Ryan's Hazel eyes that burned fiercely, he was angry. He never got angry at me before. His eyes showed hatred, hatred towards me.

Oh.

I broke my eye contact with him and looked at Ace since he cut Ryan off.

"Go to your rooms." Ace looks at me, directing his words at others. Ryan opened his mouth to say something but Ren grabbed him, forcefully taking his twin with him. Hailie threw me a nasty glare before heading towards her room with others. Axel gave me a disappointed glance while Kalen stared, worriedly at me. Ashton barely glanced my way before walking to his room.

"Where were you?" Ace's tone was laced with calmness, but anger was radiating from it. He stared at me, daring me to lie to him.

"Nowhere."

"Helen, I'll as you agai-" I cut him off.

"And I'd still give you the same answer."

"You know all the rules and you broke two already." He rubbed his temples, closing his tired lashes. Now that I look at him, he seems exhausted and tired.

"Rules are meant to be broken. You should know that." I retorted, making my way to my room.

I don't need overprotective brothers to look out for me or worry about me. I had been surviving on my own, for years. I can pick myself up by myself, just as I've been doing.

I entered my room, closed the door with a loud thud, and locked it. I wanted to sleep, the exhaustion of today was killing me. However, I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw someone sitting at the edge of my bed. The moonlight reflected on him, and my eyes met with the familiar eyes of his.

⁀➷

Enjoy the story!

Vote, Comment, share, & follow.

ℳ𝑒𝓁 ⟿

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 58.7K 44
COMPLETED✅ Arturo Vasquez -Head of Spanish mafia- was planning on accepting the proposal of Russian mafia leader Ivan Volkov's for his daughter, Aiya...
136K 3.6K 32
"𝗜𝘁'𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗺𝘆 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗺𝘆 𝗴𝗼𝗱𝗱𝗮𝗺𝗻 𝗯𝗼𝗱𝘆." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Up...
17.7K 812 46
Their favourite cocktail? One part betrayal mixed with bloodshed, One part secrets, half-part death with a splash of love....on rocks. "My Sisters wa...
Art of Darkness By Vara

General Fiction

3.5M 110K 68
"Look at them, enjoying life without you. I guess they favor your twin sister more than you that's why they gave you up, huh?" After thirteen years o...