God of Speed's Redemption

By Fantasizer27

This story is set after season 3 of The Flash. However, Savitar wasn't taken by the paradox. He lives with th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48

Chapter 13

1.1K 27 2
By Fantasizer27

Barry and Iris were now officially husband and wife. It has been a few hours since the wedding and they were both at the loft. They decided to meet their friends later that night and celebrate with them by having a dinner feast together at Joe's. Joe promised them they will make them their favorite Grandma Esther's noodle dish, meatloaf recipe, and of course the famous eggnog. Grandma Esther's famous eggnog was usually saved for Christmas, but today was a special day and Joe agreed it was an exception.

Barry wrapped his arms around Iris from behind, as they watch the sunset together on the rooftop. The evening was chilly and the air smelled sweet. I wonder why. The sky was painted with multiple watercolors and it was serene as they enjoy each other's company and inhale the fresh air, breathing in the beautiful scenery. A couple of birds chirped at them as if they were congratulating them. They say every sunset is unique. I truly believe that.

"This is the best day of my life," he murmured as he kissed Iris's neck as she giggled.

She turned around and kissed him. "Mine too I can't believe after all this time, we're finally together and we can start a family and grow old.

"There's nothing I want more than to spend the rest of my life with you. After all the craziness that's happened to us, we get to be normal for a change."

"Don't jinx it." Iris joked.

They were quiet for a while. Iris finally broke the silence. "Okay this will probably be a buzzkill, but do you think we should invite Savitar as well?"

Barry groaned burying his head on Iris's shoulder. "Buzzkill."

Iris chucked. "I'm serious babe. We should start including him in stuff like these. We can't just save him and push him away like we did in the future."

"You mean like I did?" He asked.

"I didn't say that," Iris replied. "It's just a suggestion, I just thought it would be nice." She shrugged.

I sighed. "Okay."

"Okay?"

I put my hands on her shoulder. "I agree with you. We saved him and we should be helping him feel welcome. We don't want him to think that we're the same kind of people he faced in the future. We won't reject and shun him."

Iris smiled at him. "I miss these kinds of pep talks from you."

Barry chuckled and kissed her forehead. "I can't exactly call him since I don't have his number. Let me have a quick run to his lair. I'll be right back babe."

Just as he was about to leave, they heard the alarms from their meta apps on their phones, signaling that there was a meta attack in the city.

Iris groaned and threw her head back. "Seriously? The metas in this city have zero chills. Can't we just have a day off? We deserve a break especially on the day of our wedding!"

I kissed her and gave her an apologetic smile. "Well, the metas here doesn't know that today was The Flash's wedding day.

She shook her head. "C'mon we should get to S.T.A.R labs and see what this is about."
~

"Barry! It's Weather Witch. She's creating a tornado of lightning."

"Her again? For real?" I asked through the comms as I zip through the city.

"She has that meta tech staff with her that's infected with dark matter. Be careful alright? She has lightning on command with that. You have to think of a way to get it from her before she causes some serious damage." Cisco informed him from S.T.A.R labs where the rest of Team Flash were.

"Well good thing I have Mardon's weather wand that we got from the archives. It will counteract Joss's lightning."

"Barry are you sure you want to do this? You can attract all the lightning she creates and take down the tornado but all the energy will go through you. You'll be a human lightning rod."

Barry finally got to her. He slowed to a stop. "I have to try. Or everyone else will be in danger."

I yelled at Weather Witch showing her my palms. "Joss you don't have to do this!"

She laughed. "Oh Flash you're finally here good. Let's get the party started.

Civilians were running around and yelling in all directions as thunder boom and lightning crash all around them. It was raining hard. She was controlling the weather with her staff.

"Why are you doing this!" I clenched my fists.

She clicked her tongue. "Because I want to kill you and make a name for myself. After you're dead, I can finally do whatever the hell I want! There will be no hero, no Flash stopping me."

She jerked her staff in his direction, pointing it at him. Lightning flew out of it and he held out Mardon's weather wand, sucking all the lightning aimed at him. He felt a huge surge of electricity coursing threw his whole body. He let out a yell and collapsed on the ground, as he was knocked unconscious.

"Barry!" Iris yelled. She watched the whole thing through the monitor.

"Cisco you have to breach us there right now." Caitlin suddenly said as she stood up.

Cisco was frozen as he stares at the monitor. Convinced his best friend was dead.

I shook his shoulders. "Cisco! You hear me?"

He finally snapped out of it and gulped. "Yeah let's go."

By the time they got there, Weather Witch was gone and nowhere to be found. They saw Barry sprawled on the floor and he wasn't moving.

I try to keep calm and gave him CPR as Cisco try to shake him awake, yelling his name. I was a doctor. I was trained in situations like these. I have to stay calm.

"He's not breathing!" Gasped Iris, tears streaming down her face.

I finally stopped and my body trembled. I said with a shaky voice. "He's gone."

"No no no, this can't be happening. Barry!" Yelled Cisco pounding at his chest. "Wake up man!"

I closed my eyes, fighting back tears but it wasn't working. I clutched my necklace absentmindedly. That's when she got an idea.

"Cisco wait. I have an idea."

Cisco looks at her with moist eyes. "How?"

It was now or never. She needed to overcome her fears. No one knows about Killer Frost other than her and Savitar but it was time. They need to know and she knew it was only a matter of time before something like this would happen and her friends would find out. Letting Killer Frost come out was dangerous and she was scared out of her mind that she would lose control. She couldn't think about that right now though. She was the only person who could save Barry. Her best friend's life. She couldn't just sit and do nothing when she knows there was another option.

I slowly unclasp my necklace and close my eyes. Nothing happened for a moment but suddenly she felt the coldness, and the air around them seems to freeze as the temperature dropped. She looked at her hands to see that they were ice cold and white. She heard Cisco let out a yelp and could see both Iris and him staring at her with shock.

The coldness and the darkness inside her were growing. She was already struggling to maintain to be Caitlin and not let the cold consume her. She gritted her teeth as she ice blasted Barry's chest. Trying to push down the killer part of her that was already struggling to push through.

"C'mon c'mon c'mon," I muttered under my breath. Nothing happened for a moment as she let out a stream of ice blast, and she almost thought she had failed. Suddenly Barry let out a small gasp.

"God what happened?" He asked as he struggled to sit up.

Iris cried and hugged him. She saw Cisco let out a breath of relief as he clapped Barry's back.

"Your heart stopped man. You weren't breathing. We thought we lose you." Cisco replied.

Barry finally looked at Caitlin who drew in a long breath and exhaled. I quickly snap the necklace back on and willed myself to transform back to Caitlin.

"Caitlin...but how..?" Barry stammered.

I tried to smile at him. "I couldn't let you die and I couldn't help you so I thought I would give you ice blast to jumpstart your heart."

"You have powers and you're just telling us this now?" Asked Iris staring at her wearily.

I rubbed my shoulder and tried to muster a smile. "Look we should go back to S.T.A.R labs. I'll explain everything there. I promise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9K 725 25
It has been six months since Rose left Central City to meet her family and resurrect King Arthur. Now she's back, hardened by another betrayal and th...
11.1K 226 22
In this story H.R. dies instead of Iris. Because of that Savitar creates a new timeline and dies from the paradox right after killing him. Lover of H...
19K 318 54
[COMPLETED: August 7 2018] BOOK ONE Fan fiction of The Flash This is about Caitlin Snow and her younger sister, Catherine. In Earth-Two, we saw Kille...
133K 3.7K 26
Caitlin left Central City when she found out Barry was planning to get back with Iris who happened to be pregnant. She didn't want to burden Barry s...