The Royal Scandal (editing)

Da ZafArielZul

Fay Lara just didn’t care. The fact that the totally kissable guy she had just physically abused was actually... Altro

Chapter 1 (edited)
Chapter 2 (edited)
Chapter 3 (edited)
Chapter 4 (edited)
Chapter 5 (edited)
Chapter 6 (edited)
Chapter 7 (edited)
Chapter 8 (edited)
Chapter 9 (edited)
Chapter 10 (edited)
Chapter 11 (edited)
Chapter 12 [The Young and the Restless]
Chapter 13 [Kiss and Tell]
Chapter 14 [Royal Treatment]
Chapter 15 [Play Charade]
Chapter 16 [The Date]
Chapter 17 [Masquerade]
Chapter 18 [Happy 100th]
Chapter 19 [Conspiracy]
Chapter 20 [New Year's Soiree]
Chapter 21 [Bouquet of Red and White]
Chapter 22 [Aiden Storme, Alex Stockholm]
Chapter 24 [Senior Year]
Chapter 25 [Prom & Graduation II]
Chapter 26 [Three Simple Words]
Chapter 27 [Please God, No]
Chapter 28 [Baby Steps]
Chapter 29 [Wedding Night]
Chapter 30 [The Perfect Honeymoon]
Chapter 31 [The Ex]
Chapter 32 [Crazy for You]
Chapter 33 [My Royal In Law]
Chapter 34 [To Be, Or Not To Be?]
Chapter 35 [I'm Sorry but I Love You]
Chapter 36 [London Adventure]
Chapter 37 [Broken Hearts]
Chapter 38 [The Goodbye]
Chapter 39 [The Beginning and The End]

Chapter 23 [Prom & Graduation]

46.2K 771 68
Da ZafArielZul

My roommate is the world biggest jerk23

and i apologize for any grammatical error beforehand....

Chapter 23 [Prom & Graduation]

I wanted to throw the phone to the wall, where I imagined it would shatter into a bits and pieces. But I didn’t, instead, I just stared at it as it rang. And rang and rang.

Then the ringtone stopped and the light died out. I reached for the phone and checked the call log. I had in total seventeen miscalls, ten messages and my voice box was probably full by now. I gulped as I stared at the name of the caller ID. The same name that filled my inbox, I didn’t dare to open and read them all afraid I was still not strong enough.

It was Saturday night, tomorrow school will commence as always.

Today was March 8 and it was Aiden’s birthday. I wondered what he did to celebrate it. Perhaps he drank and laughed, that he had fooled me so well. That I was too easy and stupid. And now he was drunk dialing me, which was probably it.

But a little voice in me spoke up and knew that he called because he was sorry. It was Aiden doing his job again, and the crown prince protects his family. Mom had an idea of what was going on when I returned home puffy eyed. She suspected that I had a fight with Aiden and did not make a big deal out of it, bless her.

I had come to a conclusion of what I was going to do. I hated it but it had to be done. I dislike owing people, and I hated the most being in debt with the person who now I despise above all else. My phone chirped again and this time, I took in a deep breath and answered the call.

“Hello?” I bit my lips and forced myself to sound okay but my hands were already trembling. Pain pouched my heart again but I had to do this. I had to.

“Fay…” on the other line Aiden’s voice was low, faltering, and painful. So he was not drunk dialing me. i closed my eyes. I can do this, I am strong.

“Meet me at the playground near my house tomorrow, 10 a.m.”  And before he got to say anything I turn off the phone.

The morning was balmy and the sky was blue. I was sitting on one of the swing staring at the laces of my shoes when he arrived. He took to the swing next to mine.

We said nothing for the longest time, or perhaps for just a few second: I don’t know. But each passing second was stretched and filled with silence. Finally Aiden cleared his throat. I kept on staring at the ground.

“I’m so sorry. I should have told you.”

“Yes you should.” I sensed that his rigidness melted away and it seemed to him that from my tone of voice that I had forgiven him because he had now turned to me and was about to say more. But I beat him to it.

I had no intention of forgiving and if he thought that I would, he was mistaken.

“And now there is no going back…” Aiden’s swing creaked and I saw that he had gotten off from it. he was now stood in front of me, looking down at me. His eyes were hard. I can tell that he was frustrated but I was beyond that now.

He lied to me and had all but shoved money into my hands, to keep our so called relationship to last longer than planned. I heaved a long breath.

And I had lost my virginity to him in a drunken night that meant nothing, fueled by lust and alcohol. And that was the gateway to all the madness that had followed. He had taken me in a whirlwind that had turned my life upside down. Now I had people followed me every once in a while, when I was out with my friends. Pictures of me and my mom taken, my choice of everyday wear was displayed in magazines and tabloid for the world to criticize and watched.

And all of it because of him: Aiden Storme. I looked up to him and found the sight of him distressed, upset me even more. Which was madness really: considering I was so mad at him I wanted to sink a blade between his ribs.

“What’s going to happen now?” he asked, hands in his pocket staring heavenwards. Today he was wearing a simple short sleeved t shirt and jeans with his usual black boots and a cap hiding his dark hair. The necklace I had given him for Christmas hung around his neck, the silver chain rested in front of his pale blue shirt. I remembered that during valentine, one of the most popular item girls would get for their boyfriends was the same kind of necklace I bought Aiden. It was all over gift shops.

“I assume that the plan was for you to date me as long as you could, and that meant until your graduation…” I began. Aiden stopped staring at the sky.

“Fay, don’t say…” he was struggling with his words so I cut him off, going on with I was saying.

“So let’s just make it till then, after all, you paid me for it. It’s the least I can do. Let’s act normally and when you you’ll graduate we’ll break it off as planned, not long now only a few months to go.” I get off from the swing and began to head home. But before I get far, Aiden ran after me and grabbed me by my arm.

“Fay, you don’t mean that.” He gritted his teeth, his face was flushed. I didn’t dare to look to his eyes, mostly because I didn’t trust myself to do it. I was faltering as it is. I took his hand off me still looking down. “You said you loved me Fay.” He was whispering to me, his velvet voice added to the throbbing of my heart. I nodded and as my chest grew heavy, I was pulled to raise my eyes to meet his.

I did and beheld his blue eyes. “Not anymore.” He shook his head.

“I don’t believe that.” I smiled bitterly. And before I pulled away I wished him happy birthday.

At home I went straight to my bathroom and took a long shower. I stood under the shower fountain for I felt was an hour: until the tips of my fingers crinkled like raisins and I was shaking because of the cold. After I dried up and put on clean clothes, I sat at my desk and began painting my nails a shade of cranberry red.

We were back at the point to where we were before: when we first started lying to everybody. He would be either at his desk or his head in a book and I would be on the sofa, doing whatever I was doing. We would eat lunch at the cafeteria too, with Alex and Victoria, Josh and Mary. I didn’t tell Alex what had happen the other day and he didn’t ask about it. But now he was back being my Alex. Victoria didn’t seem to mind but I was careful not to be too friendly. They were dating each other and I didn’t want to break them apart. Vic was nice and I liked her.

The rest of the days and weeks flew by just like that. And now I was staring at an array of dresses of pastel colors and slinky black dresses. Mary and Vic sat next to me.

“I like the pink one, its really pretty.” Mary piped in, getting off my bed and plucked the dress of its rail hanger. “See? So pretty how it flows.” She took the chiffon dress to her body. Typical of Mary to pick out the pink one.

“I don’t know, but the black one is really hot. You can pair it with the blood red choker. You’ll look gorgeous.” She said, pointing to the black dress and the set of jewelry displayed on my vanity. Senior prom is coming up. it is tradition to be hosted one week before graduation and of course, I was Aiden’s date, the high school sweetheart as we were pretending to be.

It was already a week to the end of the school year, one week before the summer vacation to start. One week to the termination of my relationship with Aiden. I was supposed to be ready for it, and I was preparing for it, but still it was a painful tug in my heart knowing it shall come to an end in a few days time.

In my heart, I will always be in love with Aiden despite of what he had done. I cannot lie about it no matter how hard I tried. I often found myself staring at the back of his head as he walked away from me or the small things that he did. And the fact he still wore the necklace I given him was not helping in getting me to forget about my affection.

“So, what do you think?” suddenly Mary’s question brought me back to earth and I smiled faintly.

“Thank for your help girls, but I think I know what I’m going to wear.”

“Which one?” Vic asked and I raised my finger and pointed to a dress that had caught my attention.

“Great, so were we no help at all.” Mary pouted. She didn’t appreciate it that I had failed to choose her pretty pink selection.

“I think it’s cool, you’ll look beautiful.” Vic complemented. 

“Is it okay for prom though?” I asked and both of the girls laughed.

“You’ll be just okay kid.” Vic said, moving to my vanity to pick out jewelry for me to pair it with the dress I just chose. All of the dresses and accessories I had in my room were courtesy of the house of Storme of course. If I was going to the prom with the prince, I better look just as good. And if I was not going to see him again, I’ll be damned if my last impression was not going to stick for a long time. I’ll make sure of it.

Aiden POV

She looked like some Grecian goddess, one that had floated down from Mount Olympus. Her mom was beaming as she opened the door for me, and hugged me as I stepped into the threshold. She got out of her bedroom just as I chatted with her mom, promising that no underage drinking will be involved and that I will have Fay home on time.

Typical of Fay, she wore her chocolate hair up. Her makeup was kept to the minimum but it accented her best features, her eyes were a pair of smoldering brown.  Her dress was mind blowing; it was white, one shouldered and elegant looking. It fitted her perfectly accenting her curves and the gentle rise and fall of her breasts. Her creamy skin glowed and as I looked at her, she smiled.

“How do I look?” she asked, her hand tentatively brushing her sculpted hair. “Vic did the hair and makeup for me; I think it’s kind of too much.” I stepped close to her and took her hand, slipping a white orchid corsage around her wrist.

“You look beautiful.”

After that her mom took pictures of us and we were out the door. In the car there was silence, we didn’t talk much nowadays.

“One week to graduation.” She murmured. “I guess congratulation is in order?” I smiled bitterly. Graduation would mean the end of us. If anything, this will be the last chance of us being together in public.

“Where are you planning to enroll next?” she questioned. I shrugged.

“CU perhaps, mother wouldn’t let me out of her sight. though my sisters studies abroad.” She nodded silently to next to me. After that she didn’t start anymore conversation. We arrived at the party a little bit after that.

The prom was, as many put it, a rite of passage before you were thrown to adulthood. One of the last hoopla before you left high school for college and it was supposed to be fun. But I was not having much fun. On our arrival, we had one dance together. This is the second dance, and I was dancing with one Amelia Harvard my classmate. I was a head taller than her; it was easy for me to spy on Fay as I danced. Fay was at the other end of the floor, dancing with a boy I didn’t know and seemed to be enjoying herself.

I always felt out of place in a social event, in the midst of a crowd. Perhaps it was because I was taught to always stand out from the rest, to lead and not to follow. And as the night progressed I found myself to be extremely bored.

“You look bored.” Fay commented. We were sitting at a table now after having danced together.

“Really?” she nodded and set her drink down.

“You’re doing that thing with your face.” She said and grinned amusingly.

“I am kind of bored.”

Then, she stood up. “Let’s go outside and walk.”

We roamed the stone open corridors side by side. I guessed that now we seemed like friends more than what we used to be, but this was better than us hating each other. The passing of time had managed us to talk as comfortably as friends do. After all we spend one whole year together; we should be accustomed to each other. Fay seemed to have put the past behind her. It was a mistake probably, dating and we agreed to not attempt it again.

The finale of the event was when a couple was crowned king and queen. It was a lame tradition but kids were getting all hyped up for it. A committee member for the prom asked us to be there for the result, hinting that we won the coveted title of the night. we eventually ended up leaving early, Fay didn’t want to be named queen as much as I wanted to be name king. Not to arouse her mother suspicion plus the fact I wanted some more time together with Fay, we made a stop at an ice cream shop.

We stood out of course, from all the families and kids: Fay in her white gown and me in a black tux in the store but I didn’t care. We ordered a sundae each and took seat at a table near to the glass window overlooking the streets for there were no available seat anywhere else. I assumed that somebody will tip the paparazzi soon that the prince and his girlfriend were out enjoying ice cream during prom night. I assumed that we had time to finish the sundae before they got there.

And I was wrong. We were halfway in finishing our ice cream when the shutter bugs were crowding outside the store. We left through the back entrance but it was okay because Fay managed to smile all through the ordeal.

“I let me tell mom first, then after that you can break it to the press.” I was driving from the prom to send her home when we began talking about our upcoming end of relationship. I was avoiding this but it was coming and there was no getting around it. We had to eventually talk about it, and it was about time that we did.

“All right.”

Finally we arrived at her home with two cars tailing us: one of the cars was a black sedan driven by Ryui. He came as soon as I requested and the other, reporters and photographers. I was walking her to the door.

“Sorry for a lousy night.” She shook her head.

“No, it was great.” She smiled. “So, I guess this is it?” I didn’t say anything to that. To agree with her, that would mean that it was actually real. After graduation, I probably won’t see her again and that tonight was the last time we would go out and be seen together.

“I’ll miss you.” she suddenly whispered, leaning close.

I tipped her chin slowly. Her eyes shimmered with moisture that wasn’t there before. Her soft pink lips trembled just slightly as she held it in.

“You look so beautiful tonight.” I complimented. In my head everything had suddenly been wiped clean and I can’t seem to form a single thought. she muttered a thank you. 

Slowly, I began to caress her flushing cheek with my thumb. “Fay, can I kiss you now?” She bit her lips for second before nodding and closing her eyes. I descended my lips on her and kissed her gently.

 i saw a few glimpses of her in school the following week but she kept avoiding me and i wasnt going to seek her out. i recieved my diploma at the end of the week and the news of our break up surfaced on the entertainment section a week into the summer vacation. 

and i didnt get to meet Fay again, for the longest time. 

--

so guys, what do you think of it? leave me some feedback my lovelies!! tell me what you think? 

xoxo, ariel

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

5.6M 231K 60
Hell freeze over when a forever bond was damned upon his head. Relationship and women in general were the last things on his mind. Interaction betwee...
10.8K 458 8
Dear Lords and Ladies of the Land, On the occasion of Prince William Solace's 18th Anniversary Masquerade, all the lovely young ladies of the land...
8.5K 388 60
"I'm the most eligible bachelor of America I'm a billionaire and you're rejecting me" "YES" "Tell me what you want I'll give you anything" " Anything...