a plot twist called you | ✓

By greekyoghurtss

[ WATTPAD FEATURED ] There is something about Ian Eastwood that makes Vanessa Davenport a little more alive ... More

preface
cast & aesthetics
cast gifs
playlist
▪︎ chapter one ▪︎
▪︎ chapter two ▪︎
▪︎ chapter three ▪︎
▪︎ chapter four ▪︎
▪ chapter five ▪
▪ chapter six ▪
▪︎ chapter seven ▪︎
▪︎ chapter eight ▪︎
▪︎ chapter nine ▪︎
▪︎ chapter ten ▪︎
▪︎ chapter eleven ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twelve ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirteen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter fourteen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter fifteen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter sixteen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter seventeen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter eighteen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter nineteen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-one ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-two ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-three ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-four ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-five ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-six ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-seven ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-eight ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-nine ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-one ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-three ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-four ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-five ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-six ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-seven ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-eight ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-nine ▪︎
▪︎ chapter forty ▪︎
▪︎ epilogue ▪︎
author's note
SPIN OFF !!

▪︎ chapter thirty-two ▪︎

347 41 223
By greekyoghurtss

THIRTY-TWO

wounds

_____✵_____

The sky was bathed with stars. Everytime I craned my neck, I could see the milky way covering the night sky --- the North Star twinkling so bright it could burn you and, the constellations : I could never get enough of their enigma.

Weird how it was just November and the summer breeze was teasing my toffee brown strands. Oh, but it's Australia. And living in the Southern Hemisphere has its perks!

I am waiting for Ian. There were way too many questions that he needed to answer. But maybe it isn't as complicated as I am assuming it to be. He's five minutes late now and my anger level is rising up. If it were not for the stargazing feat, I would have drove to his house by now and dragged him out into the street.

"This is where you wanted to meet, huh? I don't understand your liking for abandoned places."

"Maybe because I myself am near-abandoned." I snicker as he sits down next to me.

"So what is it you wanted to say?" Ian asks, turning to look at me but I couldn't meet his eyes tonight. And it hurt.

"I really don't have any idea what you're hiding from me, Eastwood. I'd be glad if you just tell me the truth." I say curtly.

"What do you mean?"

"Just that, I know that you know something and you are intentionally not opening up to me. What am to you, Ian? A joke?" I turn aside to face him, the tear that had been threatening to fall finally escapes and Ian looks away, trying not to counter the storm in my eyes.

"Vanessa, can you please explain what caused you to say what you're saying?" He asks, exhaling.

"Hannah. I heard her speaking to someone over the phone. And she probably knows that you are aware of whoever hurt Connor." I say slowly, my voice cracking in between.

"And you just came here to accuse me based on some fragments of a conversation that you happened to eavesdrop on?" He shakes his head, as if I was being insane.

"Connor is my only real family, Ian. Despite being my step brother, he has never let me feel so. I can't understand why are you not speaking up when you know who hit him like that? You had the CCTV footages ---"

"Fine, I'll tell you. But I can't promise you are ready to hear it. I didn't want to hurt you Vanessa. But since you insist, I'll say it." He speaks, biting his lower lips while keeping his gaze fixed to the ground.

I could hear the crickets chirping and the noise of the speeding cars. The abandoned building looked as eerie as ever and even though it was a beautiful, starry night --- my gut feeling said this isn't going to end well.

"Zeke."

"Huh?"

For a moment I'm dazed, confused why Ian just took Zeke's name out of nowhere but then his emerald eyes meet mine, and realization begins to set in.

"It's Zeke. The guy with the grey hoodie. The one because of whom your brother landed in the ICU."

My throat was running dry and the thunderbolt was way too heavy for me to speak but then the sound of feet shuffling makes the both of us turn around.

"Iris?"

Her periwinkle eyes were staring at us in complete shock and she was leaning against the concrete wall, desperately trying to find words.

"Why are you here?" Ian asks, gulping down his emotions.

"I---uh...there was a call from Paris. Dad has fallen ill. He wants us to meet him as soon as possible. I just came here to say this." She says, breathing heavily.

Ian frowns and exchanges a look with me. My character trait of staying numb in stressful situations might have helped so I robotically nod, gesturing him to go with his sister.

Iris almost stumbles while walking down the spiral staircase and when we are finally on the road, she couldn't keep it anymore. She was trembling, tears flooding down her eyes as Ian helps her into the car.

My watch said it was almost nine-thirty and I needed to head home. Connor had an appointment at the hospital today. I secure the seatbelt, taking in two deep breaths as I rest my head on the steering wheel for a moment. Talking to Connor about the appointment would be my first priority and the mess that had been created ---- I can deal with that maybe when the sun rises and gives me enough energy to confront people.

But there were some other questions. How did Ian know for certain that it was Ezekiel Cleveland?

I don't know how people manage to drive with devastated mental states. It's like balancing a glass brimming with water for two miles without stopping. And when I finally parked my SUV in the furnished garage of The Davenport Residence --- it felt like I had accomplished a Herculean task.

Pushing open the heavy wooden entrance door, I begin to untie my shoelaces quietly while my eyes scanned the living room.

Connor was spinning his soccer ball on his index finger like a pro, Gabriella was mopping the floor and as I had expected, there were no signs of my parents.

I still felt my heart tearing apart inside but the blank expression on my face was a contrary. This is how it has always been : I was either fake smiling or acting like a bitch when I was not. Sometimes I wondered if I was just meant to be so lonely (yet not alone).

"Hey Nessie! What's up?" Connor grins at me, getting up from the bean bag that he had been sitting on.

I feel something knotting in my stomach and then I feel the choking in my throat but I shake my head and smile back at him.

"You tell me. What did the doctor say?" I ask, putting down my backpack and asking Gabriella to bring me water. I needed to nurse my scorched throat first.

"Good news! I can get back to school by next month. Dr. William said my recovery speed is remarkably high." He informs, his blue orbs gleaming with hope.

"That's great, but," I pause for gulping down the water, "you won't be playing anytime soon. At least for my sake, Connie! I want you to be on the safe side."

My voice almost cracks again, causing Connor to give me a skeptical look.

"Don't worry, I don't even stand a chance in that team now. I heard of Wesley Seinfeld replacing me." He shrugs and I can't help but notice the sadness taking over his usually bright face.

"About that... You shall wait and watch." I purse my lips and pat his shoulders before going upstairs.

No matter what, I was going to give him back his position as the Winston Prep Youngest Cornerback and I didn't care how.

My phone vibrates with an incoming call from Audrey Greer.

"Hey!" I greet, lying down on my bed, my eyes fixed to the ceiling.

"Can you hurry to the Adelaide Gen Hospital ASAP?" Her overwrought voice makes me jump to my feet, the little amount of rest that I had wished for vanishing to dust.

"What's wrong again Audrey!!?" I groan, pressing my temples.

"Iris... She was hyperventilating and then she just blacked out." She tells me.

"Fine, I'll be there any minute. Wait, is Ian there?" I ask, biting the inside of my cheeks.

"No. He was here some moments ago but now... There's a huge mess Vanessa. Come here and see for yourself." Audrey explains and I merely say a 'Okay' before disconnecting the call.

The next I knew, I was rushing downstairs with a water bottle.
I hit my hand against the stair rails on my way and when Connor tells me that my wound has completely dried up, I should not give another chance to hit the same spot, all I could think was : there are deeper wounds inside.

The kind of wounds that doesn't heal easily.

_____✵_____

A/N : Yayhay! I did it! How many of you had expected it to be Ezekiel, tbh? There's more to come! It's almost climax and I am exhilarated. Take care people!
Chapter dedicated to : PhoenixDavenport . <33

- Mia.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 617 9
[Featured on Wattpad Official Romance account] Everyone has got something to hide. Evie is no different. The romance that bloomed with Matteo Sanders...
96.7K 1.4K 11
*Completed* *Unedited* *10 chapters available for read* [This is a spin-off of 'A Sacrifice To Remember' but can be read as a stand alone] **** When...
Her By ciana faven

Teen Fiction

10.7K 586 70
Phoenix LeFlore: She is alive. Her brother is dead. People are moving forward. She is standing still. He was everything. Now she has nothing. Aza A...
247K 20.6K 62
Expelled from her old school for a crime she didn't commit, Ivy must gain the trust of the High Pack at Ridgeview Academy to stop her new home from g...