Ocean Eyes // D. H.

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Nicolette Hamilton, the seemingly reckless orphan Melissa McCall took in, daughter of Poseidon, returns to he... More

Playlist and Aesthetic
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
Epilogue

08

4.5K 96 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

Nicolette's POV:

I made my way to school begrudgingly and noticed Lydia and joined her.

She smiled. "Hi, Nica. Are you okay?"

I shrugged. "Been better, been worse. You okay?"

"Mm-hmm," she hummed as someone else joined. "Hey, Allison."

As we walked into school, Allison said, "It's just weird. Everybody's talking about what happened the other night, and nobody knows it was us."

"Thank you for the protection of minors," Lydia stated.

"Lydia, do you think I made the wrong decision?"

Lydia looked over Allison's outfit. "About that jacket with that dress? Absolutely."

"You know what I mean."

"Hello? Scott locked us in a classroom and left us for dead. He's lucky we're not pressing charges or making him pay our therapy bills."

Allison sighed. "Nicolette? Do you think I made the wrong decision?"

"Scott made a dumbass mistake. I'm sure he had his reasons. But, no, I don't think you made the wrong decision."

We walked into Chemistry and I sighed, remembering we had a test.

Harris began class. "Mr. McCall, please take a seat. You have 45 minutes to complete the test. 25% of your grade can be earned right now simply by writing your name on the cover of the blue book. However, as it happens every year, one of you will inexplicably fail to put your name on the cover, and I'll be left yet again questioning my decision to ever become a teacher. So let's get the disappointment over with. Begin."

In reference to Harris talking about putting our names on the book, I coughed and said quietly, "Greenberg."

Greenberg glared at me and I smirked my typical troublemaker smirk.

After a few minutes, Scott and Stiles ran out. Moments later, I ran after them.

"Mr. McCall? Mr Stilinski! Ms. Hamilton!" Harris called.

I followed them into the boy's locker room.

"Scott? Scott?" Stiles called.

"Stiles, I can't-" Scott breathed.

I looked at my friend worriedly. "What's happening? Are you changing?"

"No. No, I can't breathe."

Stiles offered Scott his inhaler. "Here, use this. Come on, do it."

Scott took a puff from his inhaler and relaxed. "I was having an asthma attack?"

"No, you were having a panic attack. But thinking you were having an asthma attack actually stopped the panic attack. Irony."

"How did you do that?"

"I used to get them after my mom died."

"I looked at her and it was like someone hit me in the ribs with a hammer."

I nodded. "Yeah, it's called heartbreak. About two million songs written about it."

"I can't stop thinking about her."

Stiles shrugged. "Well, you could think about this: her dad's a werewolf hunter, and you're a werewolf, so it was bound to become an issue. That wasn't helpful. Dude, I mean, yeah, you got dumped, and it's supposed to suck."

Scott shook his head. "No, that's not it. It was like I could feel everything in the room, everyone else's emotions."

"It's got to be the full moon. So we'll lock you up in your room later just like we planned. That way the Alpha, who is your boss, can't get to you, either."

"I think we need to do a lot more than lock me in my room."

I frowned. "What, you mean because if you get out you'd be caught by hunters?"

Scott shook his head. "No. Because if I get out, I think I might kill someone."

"Scott, you okay, dude?" Stiles asked. "Look, I know we just got good news and all, but there's still seven hours till the full moon, okay?"

Later, on the lacrosse field, I heard Coach yell, "Let's go!" Jackson glared at Scott. "Guess some people don't appreciate your new status there, McCall. Who's next? Let's go. You have a problem with that, Bilinski?"

"Bilinski?" I muttered.

Scott, who'd heard me, answered, "Don't ask."

"What? Yeah, no," Stiles said.

Coach turned to Scott. "All right, you're up, big boy. Let's go! That's it, McCall! That's the spirit! You earn it! Earn it, McCall!"

Scott knocked Danny to the ground.

"Danny! Oh, man, Danny!" a player cried.

"Dude, what the hell are you doin'?" Stiles asked.

"He's twice the size of me," Scott replied.

"Come on, watch out," Coach warned.

Stiles frowned. "Yeah, but everybody likes Danny. Now everybody's gonna hate you."

"I don't care," Scott retorted.

After school, I made my way to Scott's to hang out and walked up the stairs to hear Stiles cry, "Oh, my Go! Dude. You scared the hell out of me. Your mom said you weren't home. Oh! Hey, Nica."

"I came in through the window," Scott said in a haunting voice.

"Yeah, Nicolette came through the front door. Like a normal person. You did, right?" I nodded. "See? She did. Okay, uh, well, let's get this set up. I want to see what you bought."

"I'm fine."

"You sure about that? 'Cause you've got this kind of serial killer look going on in your eyes, and I'm hoping it's the full moon taking effect, 'cause it's really starting to freak me out."

"I'm fine," Scott said again. "You two should go now."

"All right, we'll leave. Well, look, would you just at least look in the at and see what I bought? You know, maybe you use it, maybe you don't. Sound good?"

"You think I'm gonna let you put these on and chain me up like a dog?"

"Actually, no."

"What the hell are you doing?" Scott asked as he was handcuffed to the radiator.

"Protecting you from yourself and giving you some payback -- for making out with Lydia."

Stiles left to get something and I glared at Scott. "Seriously? You know how much she means to him! That boy's been pining over her for years!"

Stiles returned with a white plastic dog bowl labeled Scott. As he poured water into it, he said, "I brought you some water."

"I'm gonna kill you!" Scott yelled.

"You kissed her, Scott, okay? You kissed Lydia. That's, like, the one girl that I ev -- and, you know, for the past three hours, I've been thinking, it's probably just the full moon, you know, he doesn't even know what he's doing and tomorrow, he'll be totally back to normal. He probably won't even remember what a complete dumbass friend he's been. A son of a bitch, a freaking unbelievable piece of crap friend."

"She kissed me," Scott said quietly.

"What?"

"I didn't kiss her. She kissed me. She would have done a lot more, too. You should have seen the way she had her hands all over me. She would have done anything I wanted. Anything!"

Stiles and I stepped out of the room and he sat against the wall, resting his head in his hands. I rubbed his arm gently, not liking to see him in pain.

After awhile, Scott said, "Stiles, please let me out. It's the full moon, I swear. You know I wouldn't do any of this on purpose. Please, Stiles, let me out. Nica, tell him I'm right. It's starting to hurt. It's not like the first time. It's the full moon. It's Allison breaking up with me. I know that it's not just taking a break. She broke up with me. And it's killing me. I feel completely hopeless. Just, please, let me out."

"I can't."

"No, no, no!"

Scott's head drooped and Stiles asked, "Scott, are you okay? Scott?"

I peeked into the room. "Scott's not okay. Our best hope is that he found Derek. You all right, Stiles?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I will be. Thanks for staying, Nica."

"'Course. What are friends for?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.9K 1.4K 66
nothing bad ever happens in the so-called boring small town of beacon hills. that's what maia martin, scott mccall and stiles stilinski have always t...
31K 841 19
(Book 1 of the Y/n Hale Series) Hi. I'm Y/n. I live in Beacon Hills with my dad and my cousin. I'm starting the High School here soon. I know a few p...
2.9K 91 23
Ania Stilinski thought she'd left her home town of Beacon Hills. How wrong she was. The night before her brother starts his second half of sophomor...
17.1K 282 55
Nearly a month and a half after the death of a beloved pack member, Scott and his pack must travel outside the U.S. to rescue someone close to them...