Subject X

By 06-0156V

After being rescued from an illegal quirk experimentation facility, Miyasaki Masuyo was recommended by the he... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
A/N
18
19
Not an Update
20
21
22
24
25
26

23

478 20 2
By 06-0156V

"Okay, let's start presenting names starting with those who are ready," Midnight announced after giving the class thirty minutes to figure out what they want their hero names to be.

Looking around, Miyasaki noticed her classmates stiffen at the thought of presenting their names in front.

Unsurprisingly, it was Aoyama who was the first one to go upfront and present his. Albeit, his name was too long making Midnight suggest a few changes to it. Next to him was Ashido however Midnight rejected hers because of how weird it sounded.

The first decent hero name came from Tsuyu making the others sigh in relief and cheer. After that, things started to go smoothly. That is until Bakugo went in front with his King Explosion Murder. 

Miyasaki shamelessly laughed at how predictable he was of his name. She honestly expected him to think of something like that. She laughed, even more, when Midnight struck his name down making him shout profanities in her direction for laughing. 

After Uraraka who came up with 'Uravity' for herself, Midnight pointed out the remaining few who hadn't presented theirs yet, "All that's left is Bakugo, who needs to rethink his, Iida, Midoriya, and Masuyo, right?"

Miyasaki stiffened as she realized that she hadn't written a single name for herself on the whiteboard. She had absolutely no idea what to call herself as a hero.

Iida opted to use his first name as Todoroki did. Midoriya even went up in front and used the name Katsuki gave him, 'Deku'.

When the others asked if he was sure about using the name, he explained that he wanted to change the meaning of it by using it as his.

That got her to the idea of using her name. It wasn't because she was copying Iida or Todoroki rather that name was special to her. 

She was always called Subject X back in the facility. She'd never tell this to anyone but she was silently jealous of the people for having their own names back then. That was what opted for her to name herself in the first place. 

She had come across the words in one of the textbooks given to her while studying one time and had secretly started calling herself that. The only one who knew of this was her instructor. To who knows why he never seemed to mind that she had named herself. Though he still called her Subject X there were those rare moments that he would address her by her name.

Miyasaki sighed, none of the people around her knew of that of course. 

After Midoriya sat down, Miyasaki quickly scribbled her name and stood up to present it to the others. It read 'Miyasaki'. It was a play between two words: Miya and Saki. Miya meant Beautiful and Saki meant Blossom/Hope. 

She locked eyes with Midnight who initially didn't get it but when she thought it over, a smile grew on her face. 

"Alright!" She approved, flashing Masuyo a warm but knowing smile which Masuyo returned. She snuck a look towards Aizawa who looked tired as hell but had a hint of a smile on his lips as well. Even though his eyes were shut, she knew full well that he was listening. An unknown feeling settled on her stomach but it wasn't in a bad way. She shook her head and settled herself in her seat once again.

Midnight's smile got dampened when Bakugo presented his name again. The only difference was that he replaced 'King' with 'Lord.'

Lord Explosion Murder

Miyasaki laughed out loud again as Midnight rejected it once again.

--------

"Now that everyone has decided on their hero names, we'll go back to talking about the internships. They will last for a week. As for where you'll have them, those who had offers from pros will be given your own lists, so you can choose from those yourself. Those who didn't have offers will choose from among forty agencies around the country that will be accepting our interns. They all work in different places and have different specialties."

"Turn in your choices before the weekend," Aizawa said as he walked out the classroom with Midnight, "Dismissed."

"Miyasaki, follow me to the Principal's office," He said over his shoulder. Luckily, she heard it over the noise of her classmates who had begun talking loudly amongst themselves as they got ready for their next class. 

She was about to follow him when a certain friend of hers caught her attention.

"Do you know why the council's taking hold of your internship, Masuyo-san?" Midoriya asked her while arranging his things.

"I don't have a clue, Broccoli," She sighed.

"Does it have something to do with your past?" He said in a low voice, looking worried.

Miyasaki looked at Midoriya and nodded, "It most likely will be."

Midoriya looked at his friend in worry, "Miyasaki..."

She watched him as he fidgeted in his spot. It seemed Midoriya was hesitating on whether or not to say what was on his mind.

She waited patiently for him to finish his sentence - all too aware of a certain raven-haired man waiting for her outside the classroom.

"What's on your mind, Izuku? I can tell something's bothering you."

"Well... I know you have a complicated past so I won't pry if you don't want to talk about it. But, if ever you want to, I'm always here, Masuyo. I hope you know that." The light-hearted smile on his face made her feel a bit bad. 

She remembered her speech in the waiting room back at the sports festival and realized that Midoriya didn't know so much about her and still, he considered her as his friend.

Midoriya was nearly finished getting his things ready for English with Present Mic when she reached out a hand and tugged on his sleeve, "I'll tell you about it. Walk home with me later."

By the looks of it, he didn't expect her to agree on telling him anything as she saw his eyes widen a bit before sparkling like crazy. His small smile turned into a big grin as he nodded enthusiastically.

"I better go now, Broccoli. Aizawa's waiting for me outside."

"O-Oh! I'm s-sorry! I didn't mean to keep you! Go ahead!" He spluttered, blushing a faint red as he noticed that Aizawa was indeed waiting for her outside and was looking straight at them.

"It's alright. See you later, Deku. Oh, you can bring Tenya and Ochaco with you later if you want." She added as an afterthought. If she was going to tell Deku then she might as well tell her two other friends.

"Let's go, Sho," she said as she slid the door of her classroom closed. 

Aizawa rolled his eyes at her nickname of him, "Be careful not to call me that around your classmates, Masuyo." He said as he started walking down the corridor. Miyasaki merely hummed as she walked beside him, stealing glances along the way.

"Something's bothering you."

"What makes you say that?"

Aizawa ignored the question. 

"It's about the internship, isn't it?" He had noticed her staring at him for some time now and finally decided to break the silence.

Miyasaki abruptly stopped walking making Aizawa stop with her as she bit her lip in contemplation. She suddenly grabbed his hand and dragged him to a secluded place in the hall. Aizawa rose an eyebrow but silently let her pull him along. 

Luckily, classes were in session so no one was around to hear or see them. They still needed to be careful because there is still a small chance that someone might overhear them. The council still wanted to keep information about her to a minimum. They already had a field day when they found out about the USJ incident. Nezu had gotten a shitload of paperwork and trouble for that which made her feel guilty about setting their anger upon her guardian.

When she let go, they both felt a spark come from their hands making both give a sharp intake of breath from the sensation. Aizawa was looking down at his hand, distracted by the spark. 

It felt... odd. 

"Yeah... It's about the internship," she said, bringing him back to reality. Deliberately choosing to ignore whatever just happened.

"Tell me." He said as he gazed at her seriously, stuffing the hand she just held into his pocket. Her eyes followed the movement, distracting her for a second before focusing back on the raven-haired man.

"I feel like they're going to start controlling me now."

"Who?"

"The council."

"How come?"

Miyasaki ran a hand through her hair as she began pacing in front of the man. It was clear that she was feeling stressed about the situation. 

"I don't know. It's all starting to feel like I'm back in that hellhole again. I-This-It's..." 

Aizawa watched as she struggled to confess what she was feeling at the moment to him. It was his first time seeing her this affected by things. Whatever happened in her past must have been something big judging by the way she was acting up. He opened his mouth to ask but thought better about it. 

"It's scaring me." She breathed out at last.

He silently watched as the silver-haired girl paced back and forth as she fought to keep her emotions at bay. 

She didn't know why she told him that. She had never told others about what she was feeling before. What changed now? 

Something inside her knew that she could trust him. She never really talked about her feelings before. 

Unbeknownst to her, her distress triggered something, and the red glow in her eyes came back. 

Aizawa noticed this and grew worried, "Masuyo, your eyes..."

She stopped pacing and stared at him, confused, "What about my eyes?"

"They're glowing red."

You're losing control... a voice whispered in her head.

"What's happening to your eyes? Is this another quirk of yours?"

She looked at herself through the reflection of the classroom's window and her eyes were glowing a brighter red than last time. Suddenly, the memories of her vision from the sports festival came to the forefront of her mind.

"Miyasaki?" He waved a hand in front of her.

"I don't know, Sho..." Just as she said that the glowing stopped and her eyes returned to normal.

"Were you hit with some kind of quirk before you came in this morning?" Aizawa seemed genuinely worried about her.

She shook her head, "No, all that happened on the train was some creep and Shinso intervening before I killed the guy."

"What? What happened exactly?"

"It was rush hour and the train was packed so I kept getting pushed everywhere. Sometime later, I felt something hard poking me and a creepy man was pressing up against me over and over."

"The man did what?" He asked sharply, taking Masuyo aback somewhat. She had never heard him use that tone before, even with her classmates.

"He kept pressing against me. Luckily, Shinso came because he there as well and made the man get off on the station then and there. He left the train without another word."

The moment Aizawa heard the word 'creep' his senses went on overdrive. He was hit with the ferocious urge to protect Miyasaki but not after he found and beat the man senseless. However, he steeled himself, not fully understanding why he felt so strongly about this. He barely contained a growl that escaped his lips and passed it off as a cough.

"Shinso, huh?" He made a mental note himself to thank the kid later.

"Yep. Hitoshi Shinso. He's from the General Studies class."

Aizawa sighed and nodded, "At least you're not hurt," he said, placing a hand on top of her head. Her eyes glazed over, as expected making him smirk, "We better get going, Nezu's still waiting for us."

Little did she know that he planned on talking to Nezu later about the glowing in her eyes... Something about it didn't settle well with him.

--------------------------------------------

Nezu sat at his desk with his usual cup of tea in front of him.

She had long since learned of Nezu's love for tea. Ever since he made her take a sip one day at home, she understood why.

Tea was awesome and she gladly accepted the one that Nezu had offered both her and Aizawa when they came in. 

"The council has been merged into the Hero Public Safety Commission and some of the officials who have access to your file expressed to me earlier this day that they wish to... oversee, as they put it, your supposed internship. Of course, I strongly disagreed with this... however they were insistent."

Miyasaki pursed her lips at the meaning behind his words.

"When you mean 'insistent' you mean that they forced your hand again, didn't they?" She said, calmly taking a sip from her cup, "What did they say this time?"

Her guardian sighed, "They said that they would terminate my guardianship to you if I refused them. After the USJ incident..."

She clenched her teeth tightly at the thought of being taken away from Nezu. 

"They became scared sons of bitches after finding out that I lost control," she growled as she finished for him.

"Not the wording I would have used but essentially, yes, they have grown increasingly alarmed ever since they learned the power of your quirks." 

"Wait. When did you lose control?" Aizawa asked, confused. He never knew what exactly happened at USJ after he, unfortunately, passed out from the pain.

"Back in USJ, just when All Might arrived... let's just say that my quirk got out of hand. My Satan's Soul has a time limit in which I can control it whenever I fully transform into my other form, ten minutes to be exact. After that, bloodlust consumes me and I become more lethal to others, mainly to people who I view as threats. This only happens when I transform. Most of the time my eyes and hair are the only things that change when I don't use it to its full extent." She explained.

"The officials have given their thoughts about you after the incident. Their opinions were divided in which half were in favor of you continuing on as normal and the other half saw you more as a threat and should be isolated from the group if not expelled."

She didn't blame them.

"Seeing as they could not agree on what to do to you, they decided on assigning an instructor on you to train with during the duration of the internship. He will be responsible for teaching you what your peers will be learning in theirs along with additional training designed specifically for you. He will also be teaching you how to control your quirk and will be temporarily joining the staff here at UA after the internship period is done. "

"He?"

"Yes, according to them your instructor would be a man. Is there anything wrong with that?" 

"No, It's fine. I've been surrounded by men all of my life. I'm more comfortable with a man being my instructor."

Nezu nodded before taking a sip from his cup, "The outcome of your internship will determine whether you need to be put in a specialized class with him or let you continue on with the rest of your classmates."

"I see... Is that all?"

"I'm sorry, but that's all the information I have on him at the moment."

Miyasaki leaned her head against the back of the chair and closed her eyes, digesting the information Nezu had just given her.

Meanwhile, Aizawa frowned at this, "Excuse me, Principal Nezu. Do they plan on extracting Masuyo from the Hero Course if she does unsatisfactorily in her internship?"

"Not exactly. She would still remain in the Hero Course however, she would be isolated and given a more one-on-one approach in training until she is deemed... safe to be interacting with others."

"Are they seriously labeling her as dangerous?" Aizawa looked outraged at the moment.

"It's because I am, Aizawa." She smiled sadly towards the man.

"I don't believe that to be true, Miyasaki." He said firmly before continuing with an impassioned speech, "Many pro heroes and students alike have quirks that could easily endanger people when used wrongly. Isn't this why we have this school? To teach the younger generation to utilize their quirks to do good instead of harm?"

"I see your point, Aizawa. I, myself, have expressed that to them. However, I have no choice unless Miyasaki wishes to terminate my guardianship with her."

The pair looked towards the silver-haired girl who sat calmly, taking in their words.

"I do not wish to terminate my guardianship with you, Nezu." She said simply.

Nezu felt a bit of tension leave from his shoulders as he heard her response. He was glad that she did not want to end his guardianship with her. She had grown to be somewhat of a daughter to him.

"I can't accept what they plan to do with her, sir. Masuyo is one of the best and brightest of the group. They can't take her away from them. I think they're making a mistake in even considering this." Aizawa said adamantly. 

For some reason, hearing such praise from Aizawa made her blush faintly in the cheeks. 

Jeez, what's wrong with you. It's just a compliment.

"I agree with you on that. However, there is nothing more I can do. I am as displeased with this as you are if not more."

Miyasaki opened her eyes and noticed her guardian clutching his cup harder than normal as he frowned at the thought. She had a hunch that he was much more distressed about the threat than he let on.

Without saying another word, Miyasaki pushed herself up from her seat and rounded the desk that separates them. She pushed his chair back before crouching down and looking at him eye to eye.

"Nezu... I'll try my best not to give them anything to terminate your guardianship with me. And don't bother denying it. I can see it's bothering you."

"You're far too observant, Masuyo." He smiled warmly at his ward, patting her head affectionately.

"I can't help it, Nezu."

"I know, I know." He chuckled.

"All of this is far too heavy to be discussing this early in the morning." She sighed, earning a chuckle from the bear-like man in front of her, "Alright, if that's all I think I should be heading to class now."

Miyasaki straightened up as Nezu handed her an excuse slip to give to her next teacher before noticing that Aizawa had remained in his seat. He must have something more to discuss with Nezu so, with that, she excused herself and left the two men to talk. 

------------

The day went fairly normal. Nothing exciting happened in their classes so everyone felt relieved when the bell rang signaling the end of the day.

Miyasaki stood and stretched her body, releasing some of the tension on her muscles from sitting in one position all day.

"Hey, Miyasaki! Deku told me I could tag along to your house today. He mentioned something about you telling us something important. Is everything alright?" Uraraka approached her, holding on to the straps of her backpack. Deku was behind her, blushing lightly.

She let out a yawn as she gazed lazily towards her friends, "Yeah, but I can't say anything until we get there."

"Oh, that's fine!"  She smiled, reassuringly.

It was then when Miyasaki noticed a certain friend of hers was missing. Miyasaki looked over their shoulders, looking for him.

"Where's Tenten?"

"Oh! Iida-kun turned the offer down... He said he was going to visit his brother in the hospital. He already left." Deku spoke up.

"What happened to his brother?" She asked curiously, tilting her head to the side.

"I don't know the details but from what I know, it seems like his brother was attacked while patrolling. He's in pretty bad condition."

Miyasaki hummed and nodded, choosing not to comment on this.

"Alright, so it's just your two then. I guess I'll tell him next time," Miyasaki shrugged and packed her stuff. She was about to put her bag on when a hand reached out from behind her and snatched it from her grasp. She turned with an eyebrow raised to see Aizawa standing behind her, holding her backpack over his shoulder.

"That's mine."

"I'm well aware that it is."

"May I have it back?"

"No."

Miyasaki narrowed her eyes at him and huffed, ready to argue. But before she could even speak, Hizashi and Toshinori walked into the classroom with their bags in hand.

"A-All Might! Present Mic too!" Deku exclaimed. Both he and Uraraka didn't know what to do by the sudden appearance of three of their teachers. 

"Yo! We're walking you home, listener," Yamada said loudly making everyone in the room wince. Luckily, none of her classmates apart from those two were there to listen to the loud blond.

"What for?" She asked as she genuinely had no idea what made them decide on doing so.

"Becauuuuuse!" Hizashi said, pausing for dramatic effect.

"Are you going to finish that sentence, Mic?" She said, putting a hand on her hips.

"We gotta make sure no creep is out to get you, ya' hear?" He said, gesturing wildly in the air.

"Aizawa told us about what happened on the train this morning," Toshinori explained, giving her a gentle smile.

Oh

Her eyes met Aizawa's as her two friends wore a look of confusion.

"Creep?" Deku asked, looking at her in concern.

"Yeah, some creep on the train this morning. It's nothing. Ignore those three. Come on."

She grabbed both of her friend's hands before dragging them along with her. She let go of their hands as they made their way out of UA. The three men exchanged glances before moving to trail along behind them. They looked like glorified bodyguards.

"Are you three staying for dinner?" She called over her shoulder.

Aizawa tiredly nodded, as did Toshinori. Hizashi gave a loud, "Yup!"

"Um... Miyasaki? Are they coming to your house as well?" Uraraka asked uncertainly.

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

"I was just wondering. You seem close to them," She said, glancing back at the three men. 

Present Mic was yammering on about something going on with his station while Toshinori enthusiastically listened. Aizawa looked like he was in hell having being stuck walking between the two blondes.

"You can say that." 

"Come to think of it, Miyasaki already knew All Might before we got into UA," Deku said looking at the three men as well.

"Yeah, I knew Eraserhead and Present Mic before school, too."

"How'd you meet them? I mean, it's not every day you have three pro heroes escorting you home."

"That's where I met them, actually. Nezu brought them over for dinner one night."

"Oh! I forgot that Principal Nezu is your guardian. Will he be fine with us going there?"

"Of course he will. Those three come over more often than you know. They're my almost everyday house guests."

"Really?" Both her friends looked at her in awe.

"Yeah, I don't mind. I like their company. Plus, they're very insistent on taking care of me after USJ as you can see, " she gestured to her still bandaged forearms.

"So that's why Aizawa-sensei took your bag." Uraraka giggled.

"What's so funny?" She asked in amusement.

The bubbly girl waved her hand in front of her, "Oh, nothing. It's just kind of cute to see them looking after you. Well, Present Mic and All Might I can understand but Aizawa-sensei is usually so scary but with you, he looks so calm and relaxed."

Miyasaki scrunched her eyebrows, "Isn't he always calm and relaxed?"

"She's got a point there, Uraraka-san," Deku laughed lightly.

"I don't think I'd be able to handle three pro heroes inside my house..." Deku muttered under his breath as he imagined them visiting his home suddenly.

"Knowing you, you'd most likely have a nosebleed at the sight of them just outside your door." 

Uraraka laughed, agreeing with her making Deku chuckle along with her.

------------

When they finally arrived, the three men went straight to their respective guest rooms to change into something more comfortable. It wasn't surprising for them to have a change of clothes in her house on how frequently they went there. 

The three heroes said that they'd cook tonight's dinner so Miyasaki can have her talk with her two other guests.

"Wow, they look... normal," Uraraka said, seeing the three pro heroes in civilian clothing

Miyasaki chuckled, "Yeah, you get used to it."

"I don't think I can..." Uraraka said as she watched them absently.

All Might was in a white polo shirt and jeans, stirring something in a mixing bowl. He wore a pink apron to avoid getting his shirt stained. Hizashi was in a plain red shirt and white pants, cutting something up on the chopping board while Aizawa had his hair into a bun and was in a black long-sleeved sweater and black pants. He was the one who was doing the actual cooking. 

Miyasaki chuckled at how stunned Uraraka and Midoriya were at the sight before them.

"Come on, It's about time I tell you about myself."

She sat them down in the living room and began telling about who she was.

----

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 2.6K 40
Hey there, welcome to my content. This will contain smut, fluff, violence and more. The name is Y/n Aizawa L/n. Yes, as in wife of. I work for the He...
73.2K 2K 20
|TW: This book has canon-typical violence, swearing and suicidal thoughts| A desperate girl finally gets the thing she's been wishing for since she w...
61.1K 1.3K 21
- This is an Aideku (aizawaXizuku) story - I'm sorry if anything is mis-spelled! - this AU izuku is still a student, and Aizawa a teacher...
450K 16.6K 52
This is the rewritten version of the first Insomnia. Plot is similar, but has major changes, and hopefully better. -•- [Y/N] [L/N], sleep-deprived an...