Sixty-four Steps (drarry)

By liamwhatdoyoubring

A stormy sky, clouds and rain. As Harry looked, truly looked, into Draco's eyes he could begin to see a story... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 6

1K 31 342
By liamwhatdoyoubring

And when I felt like I was an old cardigan
Under someone's bed
You put me on and said I was your favorite

Draco's heart dropped at those two words Harry managed to utter. He let out a shaky breath, trying to keep his composure for Harry. Harry shook in his arms and sucked in deep hard breaths. Draco held him tighter than he'd ever held anything or anyone. Harry slowly calmed down, he sniffled and hiccuped a few times. Draco inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly, trying to calm himself down.

Harry slowly sat up and looked at Draco. Harry smiled softly and leaned in to kiss Draco's cheek. Draco blushed, more than he had when they were making out. Draco smiled and placed his hand on Harry's cheek. "Are you alright now?" Draco said softly, no edge, no anger.

"I'm such a mess I'm sorry you got stuck dealing with me, I promise when we're no longer living together you will not have to deal with me" Harry said softly and wiped his eyes once more. Draco felt a pang of sadness wash over him. Harry probably wanted him gone.

Draco let out a sigh and shook away the thoughts..he probably was over thinking as always. "Y- yes of course right" Draco stuttered, he only stuttered around Harry. It was embarrassing. Draco pulled his hand away from Harry's tear stained cheek. "Well then it's just about lunch isn't it?" Draco said clearing his throat.

Harry's eyes widened. He'd cried and acted like a fool for that long. "Oh my it is?" Harry frantically stated.

"Yes, it is" Draco said chuckling. "Would you care for some lunch or not?" Draco said looking at him. Harry was rather hungry, his stomach felt empty. So did his head. Harry grumbled and shook his head. He wanted to sleep, starve. Draco tilted his head a little. "You sure you're not a little famished?" Draco moved a piece of hair off of Harry's forehead.

Harry shrugged and took his school robe off. "I don't wanna go anywhere" He said and walked over to his bedroom. Draco followed. "But are you hungry?" Draco caught himself. "I mean not that I care or anything" He said crossing his arms. "Right" Harry rolled his eyes. Draco smiled a little but wiped it off his face.

"Are you hungry though?" Draco said again. "I'll be fine until dinner." Harry said softly and sat down on his bed.

"But you hardly ate any of your breakfa-" He stopped talking and sighed. Harry couldn't know Draco noticed, or cared. "What if I got food here? Would you eat? Oh..and...uh.. I'm asking because I'm hungry" Draco said trying to cover up and doing a right awful job at it.

"Then go eat" Harry said toeing off his shoes. Draco shifted a little. "Well..no I don't want to leave you here alone" Harry looked over at him. He sighed. "Yes, get some food here I will eat" Harry said. He was emotionally exhausted and just wanted a nap. The only way to get Draco off of his case was to just say he's going to eat. Even if he wasn't going to. Draco smiled, satisfied with himself. "Well then I'll get the food here and we can eat alright?" Draco looked over at Harry who was now getting comfortable in his bed.

"Alright" Harry said softly and snuggled into his covers. He curled into a ball and pulled the covers around him. "Alright" Draco smiled and left the room closing the door softly. He let out a breath and walked out of their dorm.

Harry fell asleep, a deep sleep as always. Harry let himself be vulnerable, and with his enemy none the less. He moved around in his bed, not dreaming of anything. His mind was quiet for once. It made him happy.

Draco walked through the halls nodding at Slytherin who acknowledged him first. Someone was calling his name. He turned to look back. It was Luna Lovegood. Looney Luna. "Finally I caught up with you" Luna said smiling cheerily as always.

"What is it you needed?" Draco continued looking forwards and walking to the Great Hall. Luna looked up at him. "The wrackspurts are gone, I see none around you lately" She said smiling. "Wrackspurts?" Draco shook his head and laughed. "They make your brain fuzzy, they go away with positive thoughts, you used to have a swarm of them" She looked around the hall.

"So now they're gone?" Draco said chuckling once more. "Yes they've completely disappeared, good for you Draco" She skipped off and stopped along the way to tell people about their wrackspurts. He chuckled. Looney Luna.

He arrived in the great hall. He looked around but someone walked in front of him, barely blocking his view but they were there. "Malfoy, can I speak with you?" A voice said. He looked to see who it was. Louis. It was Louis, one of the only out people at Hogwarts. "Could it wait? I'm in a hurry" Draco said. "I just want to know how it's going with Potter" Louis said teasing him.

Louis and Draco had been friends since 5th year. Louis knew all about Draco's..Harry issue. Draco confided in Louis because Louis understood what he was going through at the time. Back when he was closeted, he had no one to tell or turn to.

"It's going fine Louis" Draco smiled a little. "Shagged yet?" Louis asked. Draco almost choked on his saliva. "What kind of man do you take me for Tomlinson?" Draco narrowed his eyes and smirked. "Right right the well respected Draco Malfoy would never" Louis rolled his eyes.

"Lou bear, come on" Draco heard a voice say from behind him. "Coming, one moment Harry" Louis smiled. "Hello Styles" Draco turned and waved. Harry waved back. "Well I must be going, enjoy your little Potter problem" He turned and walked over to his Harry. They intertwined hands and went to Gryffindor table. Draco followed and found a place next to the red headed boy.

"What are you doing here?" Ron asked him. Hermione looked at Draco with a very perplexed look. "Wait wheres Harry? Did you hurt him? I swear to merlin I will ki-" Hermione was cut off by Draco. "God no I didn't hurt him" Draco said offended, but coldly as if he didn't care. Hermione straightened her skirt and cleared her throat.

"Then what did you need?" Hermione asked looking at him. "Potter's a little..down, I figured a visit from his best friends might cheer him up." Draco shrugged. "You're doing something considerate?" Ron nearly choked on his food. Draco scoffed. "I'm not a complete prat" He said.

"I'm sure Dumbledore wouldn't mind, considering Potter is his all time favorite" Draco said chuckling. "I guess we could go" Hermione said smiling. "Oh and bring a plate for Potter he's hungry, make sure there's a little of everything, he needs to eat" Draco said to a now very confused Hermione and Ron. They were staring at him with a complete look of astonishment. Draco suddenly felt stupid. He should definitely not have said all of that aloud.

Draco cleared his throat. "Well on with it then, we haven't got all day." Hermione made a plate for Harry. Ron just continued eating while grabbing his things. Draco took Harry's plate along with his own and made his way out of the hall. Hermione and Ron followed.

They made it back to the dorm with only a few odd glances coming their way from others. All three walked inside. "Wait here let me see if he's up" Draco said and set his and Harry's plates down. Hermione and Ron both exchanged confused glances.

Draco went into Harry's room quietly. He walked over to the bed. "Potter" He said in a normal tone. Harry made no move or reaction to his words. Draco took Harry's hand and gave it a little squeeze. "Wake up" Draco said a tiny bit louder. Harry groaned and his eyes fluttered open. "What" Harry said softly and put a pillow on his face shielding his eyes from the light. "I brought food" Harry sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"Where is it?" Harry looked around and down at Draco's empty hands. Draco got up and opened Harry's door. "Come on he's up" Harry looked out of the doorway, confused at who Draco was talking to.

His two best friends came in the room with two steaming hot plates of food. They smiled "Harry!" They walked over to him and sat the food down. "You did this?" Harry looked at Draco smiling softly. Draco mouthed "of course" Draco smiled. Harry's smile brightened.

"Well then enjoy your lunch" Draco grabbed his food, nodded, and started out of the room. "Wait" Draco stopped and turned around. "Don't go" Harry smiled and pat the bed for him to come sit. "I don't want to intrude" Draco looked at the three Gryffindor. "We've intruded plenty of times haven't we? Think of this as revenge" Ron said and chuckled.

Draco smiled a small smile and sat down on Harry's bed. Hermione and Ron sat at the end of the bed while Draco sat up by the top with Harry. Draco dug into his food. It was really very good. Hermione and Ron talked to Harry about classes and what he's missed. Harry would laugh, or smile whenever they spoke. He would respond like everything in his life was fine. Like he hadn't just cried, like his wrists were clean, like his body was blank. No bruises. It hurt Draco to see how easy it was for Harry to fake.

He wondered how long Harry had been faking.

Draco looked down at Harry's plate and saw the food was only moved around. Draco slightly nudged Harry. Harry looked at him and Draco looked down at Harry's plate gesturing for Harry to eat. Harry picked up his fork slowly and began to eat.

"How many times you two shagged here?" Ron asked casually. Harry choked on his food, Draco's hand shot to Harry's back out of reflex to help. Harry finally caught his breath. Hermione was laughing quietly. "Merlin Ron you have no filter do you?" Harry said. "Nope"
Ron chuckled. "How many times?" Ron pushed on teasing them. Draco smirked. "Well once, we've done it once in every room, except mine that one's most definitely more than once " Draco's smirk deepened. Harry went red and looked at Draco. Draco locked eyes with Harry gesturing to go along with it.

Ron choked on his food now. "All choked up now aren't you Ron" Harry smiled. Hermione was just staring wide eyed, mouth agape. "You asked" Draco snickered. "Well I didn't need to know" Ron stated catching his breath. They all quieted down. Harry and Draco smirked at each other and continued eating.

"Hey Harry you return to classes tomorrow right?" Ron asked. "Yeah why?" Harry said taking a bite of food into his mouth.

"We're working with amorentia in potions tomorrow. Snape really wanted to dive right in this year" Ron said smiling. "You take that class too right?" Harry looked over at Draco. "Yeah I do, after all Snape is my godfather it would be rude of me not to" Draco snickered.
"Well then we're all working with amorentia tomorrow" Ron said. Hermione smirked, knowing it would be very interesting to watch.

Harry nodded and ate small bites of his food. It was most likely cold and unappetizing by now. Draco noticed and felt worried. He knew Harry needed to eat, after all Harry's ribs were visible. Hermione, Ron, and Harry talked amongst themselves. Draco just watched Harry eat.

He ate delicately like a doe. He took small bites. He seemed to be savoring every bit of food, but also eating as little as he could. The time had passed, Ron and Hermione had to go. Draco was relieved, he had heard enough of their jabbering. They got up and smiled. "Bye Harry, see you at dinner, or not" Ron chuckled and took Hermione's hand. "Bye Harry, Malfoy" She smiled and left with Ron.

Harry smiled and looked over at Draco. "Thank you" Harry said softly. "Of course" Draco said smiling. "You seemed down I figured they would cheer you up a bit" Draco put his plate on the bedside table. Harry couldn't stop smiling, Draco really cared. Draco turned back to face Harry. Harry threw himself at Draco and held onto him. Draco was shocked at first but held Harry.

"What's this for?" Draco said lowly into Harry's ear. "Thank you, for everything" Harry said into Draco's neck where he had buried his face. Draco smiled and hugged Harry tightly. "You're welcome" Draco said softly. "I'm sorry how things are for you" Draco whispered.

Harry sighed a little. "It's okay, I'm okay now" Harry didn't let go of Draco. Draco just smiled. Harry let out a soft breath and pulled away. "I never thought once in my life I would hug you" Draco chuckled. "And I never thought you'd be the first to find out just about everything there is to know about me" Harry smiled a little.

"I'm glad I was" Draco looked him in the eyes. "Now would you like to get back to your sleep, because if not I have somewhere we could go."
Draco smirked mischievously. Harry raised one eyebrow. "Where?" Harry questioned him, his eyes burning into Draco's.

"You trust me Potter?" Draco smiled. Harry was at a loss for words. "..I guess I do Malfoy" Harry smiled a little.

"Then put your shoes on let's go" Draco got up and fixed his hair. Harry slunk off of his bed and slid his shoes on. Draco waited for Harry patiently. "Could you go any slower?" Draco prodded.

Harry just rolled his eyes and finished putting his shoes on. "Can we get in trouble for this?" Harry asked walking over to Draco. Draco shrugged. "Maybe...but that's the fun part" Draco smirked and grabbed Harrys hand, leading him out of the dorm and throughout the dark corners of the hallways.

Harry just followed and Draco's feet smiling. Draco finally said something. "Close your eyes" Harry obliged and closed them. Draco lead him somewhere, where cool wind hit Harry's face causing him to shiver a little. "Open up" Draco said letting go of Harry's hand. Harry opened his eyes to see they were on the ground in the middle of the quidditch field.

Draco smiled a little and waited for Harry's reaction. Harry's face brightened. "I love it here" Harry smiled softly. Draco just smiled. Harry's eyes drifted along the field. Memories of past quidditch matches came flooding back. Harry couldn't help but smile brightly. Draco motioned to the two broomsticks laying on the ground a little from them.

Harry looked over at them then back up at Draco. "How did you manage this?" Harry chuckled. "I have my ways" Draco smirked and picked them up. He threw one to Harry and mounted his. Harry mounted his. "Race me to the top?" Draco asked challengingly.

"Catch me if you can" Harry smirked and blasted off into the sky. Draco shook his head laughing and followed Harry. Draco let the wind ruffle his hair and pink his cheeks and nose. Harry was a little ahead of him, he beat Draco to the top.

Draco smiled. "Looks like you beat me this time" Harry smiled. "I always do"

Draco scoffed and sat on his broomstick looking up at the sky. "You ever wonder where you'll be in 10 years?" Harry said softly. "All the time" Draco responded solemnly. Draco was pretty sure he wasn't going to make it past the next 1 year. Harry was also sure of the same thing. Draco's life wasn't as bad as Harry's, but it was most definitely not perfect.

Draco had watched his dad beat his mother, he was put down for his whole life. Draco knew he wasn't worth anything, his father always made that apparent to him.

Draco flew around the field slowly and calmly. He took in his surroundings and his company. Harry did the same. "What's your middle name?" Draco looked over at Harry. Harry smiled rather widely over a simple question. Of course it was because he had remembered what Hermione told him.

"James." Harry responded. "Harry James Potter." Draco said as if he was making sure he got it right. "Yeah that's it." Harry smiled and gazed up at the sky. "What's yours?"

"Lucius. I hate it. I absolutely hate it" Draco said as he was making a vomiting face over his middle name. "Well I'm sorry you feel that way. Then I'll just stick with Draco blank Malfoy" Harry smiled. Draco chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"Draco" Harry said softly. Draco's heart fell to his stomach. He felt butterflies swarm inside of him. Honestly he almost fell off of his broom. "Yes?" Draco said just as softly. "I wouldn't have it any other way" Harry smiled. Draco was mesmerized by Harry. He was mesmerized by his every move, every word, every breath.

"Me neither, Harry" Draco smiled and felt relief. He felt pressure release off of him. Harry smiled widely. Draco flew around, up and down. Harry and him would occasionally chase each other like three year old toddlers. They eventually tired each other out and landed down on the ground.

Draco gave Harry a second to get off of his broom, then lead him to an odd little corner of the arena. It was hollowed out, a perfect place to go to escape for a little. There was room for someone to sit and read, or practice spells and charms. "This is where I come to think" Draco muttered. Harry ran his finger along the bricks. "You think? Never would've guessed" Harry snickered. Draco chuckled a little.

"No one knows that I actually have real emotions, so I come here to express them" Draco ran his finger along the random carvings he had made when he was angry. Harry watched his slender fingers pass over the brick.

"No one knows? Oh I'm the first to know the dirty truth on Mr. Malfoy" Harry acted as if he was about to dramatically pass out. Draco hit his shoulder softly. "Mhm mhm" Draco mumbled smiling. Harry smiled, just like the sun.

Draco let his hand fall from the brick, he took it upon himself to slowly intertwine his fingers with Harry's. Draco squeezed Harry's hand softly. "Oh and he holds hands? I am finding out so much about you today" Harry smiled and looked at the carvings on the brick. The poor brick Draco had taken his anger out on.

Harry pulled Draco into the tiny nook and looked up at his eyes. They matched the sky perfectly, gorgeous grey cloudy eyes. Harry thought for a split second he could see the clouds in Draco's eyes moving around. Draco let out a breath. Harry's eyes matched the color on Draco's robes. A true slytherin Draco chuckled to himself.

"Boys?" They heard a voice speak up. Draco and Harry jumped back from each other, hitting both of the little walls on either side of the nook. Harry fixed his glasses and looked at the woman standing there. "Excuse us Madam Hooch, we were just exploring on our last day off" Harry said smoothly. Madam Hooch raised a suspicious eyebrow. Draco kept a calm expression.

"If you leave now, I will not tell headmaster"
Madam hooch stated and intertwined her own hands in front of her. "Thank you Madam Hooch" Draco said cooly. Harry and Draco started off the field. They were both laughing to themselves. "Oh and if you boys do come snooping around here again, just don't let me catch you" Madam Hooch winked and walked off.

Draco and Harry burst out laughing. "Did she just give us permission to come here?" Draco said through his laughter. Harry smiled and calmed down. "I think she did" Draco wiped his eyes which were teary from the laughter. Draco smiled. "I know it's your thinking spot, but would you mind if I came and used your thinking spot when I get...well you know" Harry asked softly.

Draco noticed whenever Harry felt he would be rejected or in trouble his voice softened. He was so delicate and fragile. Harry turned into a little mouse when it came to being confrontational. It made Draco's heart skip a beat. Frankly Harry being shy was adorable.

"Of course, I don't mind at all" Draco smiled and nodded. Harry became his normal giddy self again. "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you" Harry said smiling.

"It can be our thinking spot now" Draco looked down at Harry.

Our.

Harry felt a smile tug at the corners of his mouth. "I'd like that"

Draco looked up at the sky. "I wonder what time it is, we must get back to the dorm before dark." Harry looked up at him. "We are going back to the dorm bloke" Harry rolled his eyes playfully. Draco nudged him and continued walking. Harry walked silently, avoiding the looks he and Draco received once they entered the castle.

Draco would scowl at every other person looking at them. They got back to the dorm and entered. They were both utterly shocked to see the Headmaster looking around their common room.

"Uh..excuse me sir what are you doing?" Harry spoke up, knowing Dumbledore idolized him. "Just having a little check in..What have you boys been up to?" A playful smirk formed on Dumbledores face. "We were out on a stroll." Draco said normally.

"Oh I see you two have become friendly hm?" Dumbledore ran his finger along the back of their couch. He inspected his finger as if looking for dust. "Yes sir we have
become..friendly" Draco smirked and stifled back a chuckle.

Harry felt his cheeks heat up, he quickly tried to calm himself. "Very good, I'm glad to see you're getting along well" Dumbledore smiled.

"Harry, please remember..well you know what now don't you?" Dumbledore remarked snidely but played it off as caring. Harry swallowed thickly and looked at his feet. He felt anger well up inside of him, tears stung his eyes. Harry quickly blinked back his tears. "..yes sir" Harry said dryly, sadly.

Dumbledore nodded. "I'll be on my way out now, get good rest for your classes tomorrow"
He glided to the portrait and walked out. Draco snickered. "How odd it is he got the password" Draco chuckled. Harry wanted to cry, scream, and hit everyone and everything he could.

Draco was still laughing when he looked down at Harry. He saw that empty look in Harry's eyes once more. Harry had decided in that moment Draco needed to know everything. There was no way he could hold it back anymore, he needed to talk about it.

"I'm gonna talk, and your going to listen alright?" Harry said sternly and sat on the couch. Draco was now nervous, extremely nervous.

"..Alright" Draco sat on the other end of the couch.

"Obviously you've seen some things, on me, that seem to define me" Harry fiddled with his shirt's corner. Draco got comfortable on the couch as he stared at Harry intently. "But they aren't me, they are just my exterior, and yes it looks bad it also feels bad" Harry paused for one of many shaky breaths he would take during this conversation.

"You've seen things I never intended for anyone to see. You know things I never wanted anyone to know." Draco hung onto every word Harry said. "I feel that since you know some of it, you might as well know all of it" Harry sighed.

"You don't have t-" Draco said sincerely but was cut off. "I know I don't have to, I want to." Harry cleared his throat. Draco simply nodded and leaned back into the couch. "Ever since my parents passed, I have been living with my wretched aunt and uncle, not my mention my awful cousin. It was alright at first, but then things got...a little bad" Harry took yet another shaky breath.

"It started small, my aunt would make me clean, or cook. Which sounds completely normal right? Well the way she punished me if I did it wrong was most definitely not normal. I would be thrown into the cellar, the dark cellar. As a young lad, a dark cellar is most definitely not a preferred place to be, she would lock me down there for hours, days. No food" Harry twiddled his thumbs.

Draco felt anger bubbling inside of him.

"That was nothing compared to what would start happening. My room is under the stairs, it's tiny, hot, and frankly disgusting. My uncle...well he.." Harry cleared his throat and bit the inside of his cheek. He took a deep breath trying to maintain his composure.

Harry looked down when he felt a hand on his knee. He almost immediately relaxed and smiled softly.

Draco kept his hand there slowly rubbing his thumb along his knee cap.

TW-ABUSE

"My uncles way of punishing me was...much worse. The first time it happened was a few years back when dinner was missing a side dish he had asked for. My uncle..got up from the table and dragged me away to my room by the collar of my shirt" Harry took a deep breath.

He didn't want to relive the moment. Harry knew he would eventually have to, and he felt comfortable doing it in front of Draco. Harry sounded small now. "he threw me onto my own bed, shut the door and...well..you know" Harry nibbled on the inside of his cheek. Draco's heart shattered. He had figured that's what had happened, but he didn't want to believe it.

"Oh Harry" Draco whispered, he moved over to Harry and wrapped his arms around him. Draco rubbed Harry's arm softly. Harry let out a sigh. "Then it became a constant thing...he would do it just because..he does it just because. They would hit me, burn me. My cousin, Dudley, would always bring up how my parents d- died because of me" Harry sniffled and wiped his eyes.

"I'm a freak according to my family, I don't deserve to be breathing, I'm a disappointment, I'm the reason my family died, I'm the reason I don't deserve love." Draco felt tears well in his eyes, but he was also happy, Harry had never been so vulnerable. Harry trusted Draco.

TW- TALK OF SELF HARM

"I go home for Christmas, get malnourished and beaten. T- that's why I c- cut.." The last word out of Harry's mouth came as a whisper. Draco scooted closer to Harry. "Can I see?" Draco whispered looking at Harry.  Harry let a tear fall down his cheek.

Harry slowly rolled up his sleeves. Draco took his hand and turned it over so he could see his wrist. Draco saw two red scabbed lines on Harry's right wrist. He turned the other one over and saw two more red lines, one was not scabbed, it looked fairly new. That must've been what happened in the bathroom Draco thought.

Harry let out a shaky sigh, and looked down at his wrists. Draco swallowed thickly and let a  tear fall down his cheeks as well.  Harry was embarrassed he was so weak, so weak he couldn't even control himself. Draco took Harry's wrist, lifted it to his face and slowly kissed the cuts.

A tender kiss to all four, kisses that would linger on his wrists for years to come. Harry smiled through his sadness. Draco pulled away and looked at Harry. Draco had watery eyes just as Harry did.

END OF TW

"Th-there's more to the st-story" Harry sniffled and wiped his eyes trying to stay calm. Draco nodded and held Harry's hands. "All of this is happening to me, who do you think would be able to stop it?" Harry asked Draco. "Probably Dumbledore wait why haven't you told him?" Draco was confused.

"He knows." Harry said quietly. "What?" Draco was now extremely confused. "He knows what they do to me, he doesn't try to stop it or help, he tells me to stick it out" Draco felt anger boiling in him. "He knows?!" Draco said getting up and running a hand through his hair.

"He knows how they treat you and he tells you to 'stick it out' What the bloody hell?!" Draco wanted to punch Dumbledore straight in the face. Draco was pacing now. Pacing like a worried mother. "What was that bloody moron telling you to remember?" Draco asked. "To remember...that- that I can't make bonds, especially with a Slytherin, it's more people to die for me. Dumbledore thinks I should be alone, so no one else will get hurt but me" Harry managed to say that in a hushed tone.

"No, no he's wrong. You don't deserve to be alone, I know there are plenty of people who are willing to risk dying for you." Draco chuckled a little. "I doubt it" Harry whimpered. "I know I would" Draco said softly. Harry smiled.

"We need to tell Snape" Draco said finally standing still. Harry shot up. "What? Are you mad!?" Harry asked furrowing his eyebrows. "He's not as bad as he comes off, he is my godfather after all." Draco said.

"Snape hates me" Harry said. "Doesn't matter he won't if I tell him not to, now come on" Draco grabbed Harry's shoes and his own. He gave Harry his shoes and put his on. "Are you sure about this because..." Harry faltered. "Yes now come on" Draco walked into the hallway, Harry following. They walked to Snape's classroom. Harry was nervous, Snape hated him with a passion.

Draco held his hand the whole way there, obviously secretly so no one would notice. They arrived in front of Snape's classroom. Draco started talking  "Are you ready? I can do all the talking if you want. I can ask him questions, Are you ready? If you're not we can turn around. I know it's difficult-" Harry cut him off. "Stop rambling let's go" Draco opened the door and walked in.

"Ah my godson, hello my boy how are y-" Snape stopped talking when he saw Harry follow Draco into the room. "Potter" Snape said bitterly. "Lay off Sevy" Draco said sternly.
Harry almost laughed at the nickname Draco had given Snape. "What is he doing here?" Snape said looking at Draco.

"He has a problem, which needs solving immediately." Draco walked up to Snape's desk where he was sitting. Harry stayed where he was. He was honestly scared of Snape. Draco looked back at Harry. "Harry come here" Draco said softly. Snape's mouth almost fell off when he heard Draco say Harry's first name.

Harry walked up to Snape's desk taking his place next to Draco. Snape looked up at the two boys trying not to smile. They both looked so..smitten. "What's this problem?" Snape asked looking at Harry. Harry took a deep breath.

He looked up at Draco, Draco nodded. "Well it's better if I just show you" Harry said softly and looked around making sure the classroom was completely empty. He unbuttoned his shirt. Snape felt compelled to look away.  Snape's mouth dropped once more when he saw Harry's bruised body.

"Oh potter" Snape whispered and got up. "What happened?" Snape looked up at Draco while he walked over to Harry. Harry looked up at Draco nodding, letting him know he could explain. "Harry's family, let's just say, aren't the nicest" Draco said staring at Snape who was staring at Harry. "Well we've got to talk to Dumbledore about this surely he could arrange somet-" Draco cut Snape off. "That's the problem" Draco said.

"Dumbledore knows what has been happening he just tells Harry to 'stick it out'" Draco said angrily. "Of course the bloody moron did, I'll take care of this" Snape said. "But for now let me clean these bruises up" Snape pulled out his wand and started mumbling healing spells.

The bruises lightened and almost disappeared. Harry buttoned up his shirt and looked at Snape. "Thank you" Harry said softly. "You're welcome." Snape replied softer than usual.

Snape looked at Draco. Then his eyes fell to Draco's neck. Snape's mouth once again almost fell off of his face. Harry blushed and looked away. All of a sudden the wall had become very interesting to Harry. Draco smirked. "Thank you Sev, we will see you in class tomorrow" Draco smiled at his shocked god father.

"Come on now Harry" Draco wrapped his arm around Harry's waist and smirked about it because he knew he was giving his godfather a heart attack. Harry looked back at Snape who now had a smug smile on his face.

Snape chuckled and wrote a note on a piece of parchment. It read 'McGonagall you owe me 10 galleons' Snape watched the boys leave and sat down at his desk taking in the information he had just found out. Harry needed help, Draco cared for Harry therefore Snape also cared for Harry.

Draco unwrapped his arm once they were out of Snape's sight. "Always nice to give him a good scare" Draco chuckled. Harry burst out laughing. "Do you know how hard it was to keep my composure when you called him Sevy" Harry smiled.

"He hates when I call him that, he prefers Sev, but I prefer making him annoyed" Draco chuckled and walked back into their dormitory. "Although I've never seen him so shocked, as to when he saw your markings on my neck" Draco smirked and ran his finger along them. "Very pretty aren't they?" Draco looked down at Harry. Harry nodded and rubbed his eyes.

"We have classes tomorrow, I'm going to retire to bed." Harry said yawning. "Alright, sleep well don't wake me from my beauty sleep." Draco smiled smugly. Harry looked hesitant as if he had more to say. Harry bit on the inside of his cheek, he found himself doing that often.

"To ensure I don't wake you, sleep in mine?"
Harry looked up at Draco. Draco smiled down at Harry. A small soft smile. Harry had his heart completely. "No" Draco said. Harry furrowed his eyebrows and felt embarrassed. "We will be sleeping in mine, I much prefer my green" Draco smiled again.

Harry let out a breath of relief and smiled as well. "I'll go change, be in your room in 5,"
Harry smiled and scampered away into his room. Draco chuckled and turned around walking into his. Draco changed into his silk green pajamas. He fixed his hair and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

He was met by Harry who was almost done brushing his. "Oh sorry am I in your way?" Harry looked up and spit out his toothpaste. Draco smirked, looked like another liquid he wanted in Harry's mouth. "No no we can share" Draco picked up his tooth brush and brushed his teeth.

Harry was done before him and waited patiently for Draco to finish. Draco finished and looked at Harry. "Afraid to go into my room alone?" Draco chuckled. "Just thought it'd be a bit rude to show myself into your room" Harry shrugged and messed with the bottom of his silk red pajamas. Together him and Draco looked like Christmas.

"You're always welcome in my room" Draco smirked and walked out of the bathroom into his room. Harry followed and slid onto the right side of the bed. Draco smiled at Harry then climbed into bed on the left side. Harry curled up under the covers.

Draco moved over, closer to Harry and wrapped his arms around Harry. Harry tensed and felt his ears go hot. He heard Draco stifle a chuckle. "We're going to end up like this in the morning anyways, why not enjoy it all night" Draco said softly. Harry couldn't help but agree. He snuggled up to Draco. Harry laid his head down on Draco's chest and slung his arm over Draco's abdomen. "Now go to sleep so we can be up early, I absolutely hate being late" Draco said softly.

Draco tilted Harry's head up to look at him. Harry met his eyes. Draco removed Harry's glasses and placed them on the bedside table. Harry smiled. Draco looked back down to Harry. Draco slowly placed a kiss on the corner of Harry's mouth. Harry smiled and placed a kiss on Draco's lips. Draco returned the favor. Slow and steady. Softly.

"Goodnight Harry" Draco mumbled and smiled. "Goodnight Draco" Harry replied and laid his head back down on Draco's chest. Draco held Harry and rubbed his back softly. He continued to until Harry drifted off to sleep. Once Harry was asleep, Draco fell asleep as well.

~~~~~~
A/N

I rlly don't know how people write authors notes I have nothing to say. Hope you're enjoying though !!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 348 22
"Ugh.." Harry groaned. "What happened?" Draco asked "I-... I really want you to fuck me..." Harry said, looking fraught into Draco's eyes. After a fe...
352K 11.7K 16
"You know what Potter... I think I'll take that offer," Draco began, walking closer towards me, backing me against the wall. "Wait, really?" I looked...
471 13 6
Sometimes you could feel it, the horrid feeling of dread just inching closer. draco felt it in harry's smile, smelt it in the rain stained rocks and...
53.7K 2.3K 40
!!!!! ALTERED CHAPTERS !!!!! "Have you any idea what it's like?" There were tears in Harry's eyes and it was suddenly like he couldn't control it a...