๐‡๐”๐‘๐“๐’ ๐’๐Ž ๐†๐Ž๐Ž๐ƒ - j...

By salvattrre

๐‡๐”๐‘๐“๐’ ๐’๐Ž ๐†๐Ž๐Ž๐ƒ | grey's anatomy ๐‰๐€๐‚๐Š๐’๐Ž๐ ๐€๐•๐„๐‘๐˜ when their love hurts so good because it... More

part one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
part two
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
always

one

58.1K 1.2K 685
By salvattrre

season 6, episode 5 - invasion

ALLISON CARTER LEANED AGAINST THE WALL, as the residents and interns stood in Meredith's room staring at the Mercy Westerns who just arrived to Seattle Grace. When Chief Webber explained that Seattle Grace is merging with Mercy West, everyone was not thrilled since they had to fight for their positions, luckily Allison and her friends were saved—for now.

"They're locusts—feeding on our surgeries." Meredith Grey spoke up as Cristina Yang examined her. Meredith gave her liver to her alcoholic father making her stay in bed rest for a week and a half.

"It's rude. There should be at least a couple of days where they act like guests before they put their feet up on the coffee table." Izzie Stevens commented.

"And what's with the orange scrubs? What? Ours aren't good enough for them?" Lexie Grey asked, as she looked at the bright orange scrubs they were wearing from the window.

"We ran out. They're on back order. Randell from the supply company says there'll be here in a week." Meredith told her sister, informing the rest of the doctors, who look at her wondering how she knows that type of information, "That's what you learn when you lay here all day."

"Why bother ordering new ones? We could just give these to our replacement." Ryan—Allison's intern spoke up, making her frown.

"We are not going to be replaced by anyone." Allison Carter spoke up, as she nervously played with her necklace that held an engagement ring, not believing it herself.

"If I have to become a coroner..." Steve tried to finish that sentence but was interrupted by Meredith.

"No one is becoming a coroner." She glances at Cristina who sat down in one of the chairs, "Cristina, tell him."

"Tell him what? They're here. It's over." Cristina replied, mono-toned as she looked over at the orange scrubs.

"Hey. We are not some stupid hosts. They can't invade us. They can't attach themselves to our faces and then while we're eating spaghetti, explode out of our chest and skitter across the floor. This is our ship. This is our ship." Meredith stared at everyone as they looked back at her.

"Area—Are you quoting a sigourney weaver movie?" Lexie asked her making Izzie chuckle.

"That's what happens when you live here, you watch a lot of TV" Izzie commented, Izzie was diagnosed with cancer a couple weeks back so she stayed in the hospital and now she's married to Alex Karev and is once again a resident.

"We own this hospital. We were born in this hospital and we will hold this hospital with our last gasping breath."

"I really don't want to be a coroner. I don't like dead people." Steve shook his head.

"Go out there and go get surgeries before they take them." Meredith said as the interns walked away leaving the residents inside the room, "Go! And I want a full report by the end of the day."

Allison, Alex, and Izzie walked away from the room as they roamed through the hallways of Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital.

***

Allison was paged by Lexie to meet up by a nurses station to head to the clinic, so that's where the Carter resident ended up going. She met up with the youngest Grey, she also noticed another person next to her, she walked up to them and politely smiled at the girl.

"April Kepner." The red-head introduced herself to Allison as she held up her hand for her to shake, which Allison shook.

"Allison Carter."

The girls began to walk to the clinic, all quiet since there was nothing to discuss since they just met the Mercy Western, "Thank you guys for being my tour guide through all this first-day madness." April spoke up.

"Well, we were assigned to zone five so..." Lexie began to say only for Allison to shoot her a quick glare making her close her mouth.

Once the made their way to the clinic, Allison was the first one to grab the chart from the nurse, she also ignored whatever April was telling Lexie.  Allison stepped forward to examine the patient, who had officers surrounding him.

"I'm Dr. Carter." Allison introduced herself to the patient before turning to face the other residents, "This is Dr. Grey and Dr. Kepner."

"I'm not an axe murderer. I just broke into someone's house. Dude came after me with a golf club and beat the crap out of me." The man spoke up explaining why he's in the clinic, "You don't need the cop. I can barely move."

"Oh, we'll keep the cop." April nodded. Allison quickly glanced up at her before handing the chart to Lexie and putting on gloves.

"Roll him." Allison told the nurse who helped her roll the patient so they could examine his side, "He's got multiple contusions and ecchymosis over his back. He's gonna need lumbar and thoracic films." She looked at both of the residents beside her, as April took notes in her little pink notepad.

***

"T&L spine films showed a burst of fracture a T-12, and here..." Lexie pointed to the screen of the computer that showed the scans of the patient, "...You can see the vertebral height loss is greater than 50% which implies both, A.L.L and P.L.L are disrupted."

"What's that mean? I got a broken back? I'll still be able to walk, right?" The patient spoke as he heard the doctors talk.

"You will still be able to walk—burgle, have a full life." Derek nodded before glancing at Allison, "Ideas?"

"Decompression via corpectomy and reconstruction with strut graft and anterior instrumentation." Allison suggested looking at the scans, as Lexie nodded her head agreeing with her.

"Wow. I might be out of my league here." April spoke up glancing from her notepad before pointing at the scans, "And here I was thinking you could do transpedicle screws with a posterior approach."

Derek turned back to face the screen viewing it April's way as Lexie and Allison raise their brows. "Let's go with the pedicle screws." Derek nodded a he looked at the girls, "Get him to pre-op and let me know when his results come back."

"I'm on it." April nodded before walking away. Lexie stared at Allison, who looked shocked.

Allison shook her head, "I'm married to Neuro, this is my field." She huffed but then looked at Lexie, her eyes wide, "I'm acting like a bitch. Oh, my god, Grey."

***

Allison held her tray of food in her hands as she made her way to sit next to Lexie who is eating a piece of watermelon, at the table and reading something, Allison couldn't quite make out what it was.

"This blows." Alex spoke up, as he walked with his own tray of food and sits down at the head of the table. Allison knows he's talking about the merge because she couldn't help but agree. The merge sucks.

"Getting your ass kicked?" Allison spoke up as she pops a grape inside her mouth smiling.

Alex rolled his eyes, "Shut up." He tells her making the Carter chuckle. Cristina made her way to sit down next to Allison, letting a small sigh escape her lips. Alex nodded to her, "I heard yours got a standing ovation in the E.R."

"Yours is the one who saved the whole E.R. with the maniac with the hammer?" Lexie asked her, holding up her sandwich in hand.

"Okay, he didn't save anyone, he did some stupid ninja leap and then tripped a guy." Crisitina scoffed, "I used actual medicine to stop a person from dying."

"Well, ours has a notebook, a notebook that she takes notes in, notes of a very personal nature, and I stole it." Lexie held up the pink notebook making Allison eyes go wide.

"Oh my God, you did what?" Allison gave her a dissapointing look, yes they were insecure about the Mercy Westerns stealing their jobs but she didn't think they would be that insecure. "Lexie, that must be personal."

"Give it." Alex held out his hand, making Allison glare at him.

"No. No, I-I am not stinking to their level. They are vindictive and they are aggressive and they are not team players, and if we are not careful, that spirit is going to infect our hospital. We have to fight it." Lexie argued putting the notebook away in her labcoat.

"Which is why you stole her notebook and read it?" Allison asked, before she took a bite of her sandwich glancing down at the younger Grey.

"Well, she's not a very nice person." Lexie shrugged. Before Allison could say anything, Izzie walked up to the table with two cups of coffee in her hand, making the residents glance up at her.

"Oh, score. You rock." Alex tried to grab the coffee from his wife's hand thinking it was his.

"Oh, no. That's not for you." Izzie pulled the coffee away from his reach shaking her head.

"Who's it for then?"

"Charles."

"Your Mercy Wester?!" Crisitina asked, shocked on why Izzie is getting along with the competition.

"They're handing us our asses on a plate and you're serving him coffee?" Alex furrows his eyebrows, as the rest of them do the same.

"Charles is actually kind of awesome, and if you all could get past your sad, little egos, you would realize you can't write off all of the Mercy West residents just 'cause you feel threatened." Izzie walked away from the table.

"We don't feel threatened by the way!" Allison yelled after her as she saw the blonde walk away and exit the cafeteria.

"Yeah, we feel pretty threatened" Lexie nodded, before taking a bit of her sandwich. Alex looked around the cafeteria as he eats his food looking to see if any of the orange scrub residents are in the room.

"Dudes, they're not here." He spoke up.

"Hallelujah."

"They're not eating. They're working." Alex put it together, making Allison drop her sandwich and grab her lab coat, as they leave the cafeteria.

***

"Where are we at, with Billy Sheenan?" Derek asked the residents as April and Lexie walked behind him and Allison next to him, all of them wearing scrubcaps.

"He's ready. I helped put him under." April spoke up, "He's prepped and positioned."

"I thought we said I was handling that." Lexie said looking at April, not liking how she decided to do the opposite of what they agreed on.

"Oh, yeah, we did. I just wanted to make absolutely sure everything was ready for Dr. Shepherd." April nodded, as the group turned to their right walking to the O.R.

"Well, your first day here, and already making my life much easier." Derek nodded his head.

"Yeah, well Dr. Kepner, she's not just a good doctor—she's a great doctor. In fact, if you ask me, she's the future of medicine. Only you can keep yourself down, right?" Lexie nervously chuckled, as they came to a stop. Allison glanced at April's facial expression, her smile dissapearing. Derek nodded as he walked inside the scrub room with Allison beside him.

Grabbing a mask, Allison put it on top of her mouth and nose tying it, getting ready to scrub, seconds later Lexie walked in doing the same.

"Dr. Shepherd, I just need a moment." April spoke up her voice slightly cracking, making Allison glance at the Grey who looked guilty.

"Good one, Lex." Allison muttered to her as they began scrubbing.

***

Allison walked inside Meredith's room seeing Crisitina and Meredith on the bed, she softly smiled at them.

"How was it?" Meredith asked pausing the movie the girls were watching, eager to know how her day went.

Allison groaned as she plopped down on the coach, "Horrible. Your sister stole one of the Mercy Wester's notebook and embarrassed her in front of your husband." Meredith eyes went wide, not expecting that from her sister, Alex or Crisitina yes but Lexie. "I know. But she learned her lesson."

Meredith chuckled making them chuckle a little as well. Their chuckling died down when they heard someone walk in. Allison glanced at Alex who stood by the door, a paper in his hand which seemed to be a letter.

"Izzie left me." He finally spoke up, making the girls furrow her eyebrows, "She wrote a note and she left me. I-I don't know if she's coming back."

"Wh-What do you mean, she left? Where did she go?" Allison asked shaking her head. Alex drily chuckles as he shows them the note Izzie left for him as he shrugs. The Carter could see how upset their friend was over Izzie's leave, she could see the tears forming in his eyes.

Allison quickly lifted herself up as she made her way towards Alex and engulfs him in a hug, hesitantly Alex hugs her back as soft sobs were heard making Allison grip him tighter as she whispered, 'it's okay' softly over and over again, because she knows that feeling—she knows the feeling when the person you love just leaves you behind no explanation what so ever.

salvattrre speaks...
hello and welcome to "hurts so good."
i am very excited to share this story with you guys. thank you for those who commented and voted so far, and added this book to your reading list, it means so much to me. i hope you guys stay and read the book until it's completed, voting and comments mean a lot to me! so thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

348K 9.6K 46
โ now all our memories , they're haunted. โž โ†  in which she fell first but he fell harder. โ†  season one thr...
41.4K 1.5K 16
You're holding me like water in your hands. grey's anatomy s1โ”s9 mark sloan & female oc
41.5K 1.1K 22
"I think we're going to have to be secretly in love with each other and leave it at that." (discontinued) SLOW UPDATES ...
7.9K 432 11
๐šŽ๐šž๐š—๐š˜๐š’๐šŠ [๐šข๐š˜๐š˜-๐š—๐š˜๐šข-๐šž๐š‘] (๐š—.) ๐šŠ ๐š™๐šž๐š›๐šŽ ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐š ๐šŽ๐š•๐š•-๐š‹๐šŠ๐š•๐šŠ๐š—๐šŒ๐šŽ๐š ๐š–๐š’๐š—๐š, ๐šŠ ๐š๐š˜๐š˜๐š ๐šœ๐š™๐š’๐š›๐š’๐š โ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๏ฟฝ...