In Paris 1723

By FullyUnknown

"It's basically just a nice way to say that she can control minds-" "You're telling me this now! She hates me... More

Note
Part Zero
[0.1]
[0.2]
[0.3]
[0.4]
[0.5]
[0.6]
Part One
Twilight Cast
[1.1]
[1.2]
[1.3]
[1.4]
[1.5]
[1.6]
[1.7]
[1.8]
[1.9]
[1.10]
[1.11]
[1.12]
[1.13]
[1.14]
[1.15]
[1.16]
[1.17]
[1.18]
[1.19]
[1.20]
[1.21]
[1.22]
[1.23]
[1.24]
[1.25]
[1.26]
Part Two
Twilight: New Moon Cast
[2.1]
[2.2]
[2.3]
[2.4]
[2.5]
[2.6]
[2.7]
[2.8]
[2.9]
[2.10]
[2.11]
[2.12]
[2.13]
Part 3
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Part 4
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Part 5
Chapter Eighty-Five

Chapter Eighty-Four

661 15 1
By FullyUnknown

Chapter Eighty-Five - Bella

*Genevieve*

As Edward's voice gradually got louder, we all shared a smile, some of the smiles that were shared were far more nervous than others. A general feeling of excitement settled onto everyone, all eager to meet the newest and final member of the family.

"Jacob," I call out softly, making him turn to look at me, confused as to why I would be talking to him. "Go. See her."

He paused before slowly walking out of the house, all of us watching until we heard the door close. Looking around we all stood up and waited by the staircase for them. Rose contently held Renesmee in her arms, quietly talking to the baby about what all the excitement was about.

______________________

The sound of footsteps on the stairs made us all slowly turn, smiling as we saw the girl walk in. Her eyes were a bright crimson red, as she scanned over all of our faces.

"Welcome to the family," Esme said softly, giving the girl a warm smile. Bella smiled at her, shifting her gaze to Alice, who was the next closest to her.

She gave the girl a small smile. "You look amazing, Bella" she complimented. From beside her, Jasper gave her a small nod of the head, following her with a watchful eye.

"Someone's been waiting to meet you," Carlisle said, smiling at the girl. He stepped to the side as Bella's gaze went to the back of Rose's head.

"Rose," Edward called out gently.

As she slowly turned around, Rose gave Bella a warm smile, but her gaze was completely transfixed on the baby girl that was resting in Rose's arms. Jacob stood behind them both protectively, watching Bella carefully. Rose carefully handed her over to Bella, making sure that she had a solid hold on her before letting go and stepping back, looking at the mother-daughter duo with complete adoration.

Bella looked down at her daughter in wonder, a small smile appearing on her face as she listened to Renesmee gurgling. Renesmee lifted up her tiny hand and rested it on Bella's cheek, pulling it away a few seconds later.

Afterward, Bella's eyes widened slightly but never left her daughter, as if she thought she would disappear if she looked away for even a second. "W-what was that?" She asked.

"She showed you the first memory she has of you," Edward explained. Looking down contently at his wife and daughter. His little family.

"Showed me? How?" Bella asked in wonder, her eyes scanning her daughter's face carefully, taking in all of the details that it held.

Edward chuckled and smiled as he confided to look that them both. "How do I hear thoughts? How does Genevieve control minds? Or Alice see the future? She's gifted."

Bella took the information in, still looking at Renesmee. "I've only been out for two days?" She asked, noticing how big she was. Her eyes looked up for the first time, looking at Edward and then Carlisle.

"Her growth rate is...unprecedented," Carlisle said carefully.

After a few more minutes of talking, Jacob anxiously looked between Bella and Renesmee. "All right, that's enough experimenting for one day," he said, reaching out to take Renesmee from Bella.

"Jacob," Edward warned gently, looking at him in warning. "She's doing great."

"Yeah. Let's not push it though," he said, looking between Edward, Bella, and Renesmee worryingly.

Bella looked up from Renesmee who gave Bella a weird look. "What's your problem?"

"Here we go," I whisper to Theo, who just smiled and pressed a kiss to my temple.

"Oh, do tell her Jacob," Rose teasingly urged, a smirk coming across her face as she looked at him.

"This should be good," Emmett huffed, his eyes eagerly watching Jacob, who seemed lost for words as he looked at Bella nervously.

"Hold on a second," Edward intervened, reaching over to gently take Renesmee from Bella, who hesitated for a moment before carefully passing her off to him.

"Look," Jacob said, his voice cracking as he tried to calm his nerves. "It's a wolf thing."

"What's a 'wolf thing'?" Bella asked, her eyes narrowing at him, causing him to shrink slightly under her gaze.

Rose smiled sweetly at him as she walked away, letting him stand alone opposite Bella. Walking over to stand next to Edward, smiling sweetly at Renesmee and gently taking her from his arms.

"Umm...you know we have no control over it," he tries to explain. "We can't choose who it happens with. And it doesn't mean what you think, Bella. I promise."

Bella tensed as she looked down for a moment, "take Renesmee out of her room," she said firmly. Rose did as she said and promptly left the room.

"Oh," Jacob said, knowing how this was going to go.

"Edward don't touch me right now. I don't want to hurt you," she said, causing Edward to immediately take his hand off her shoulder.

She promptly reached up and grabbed Jacob by the back of the neck, dragging him out of the house angrily. Everyone else followed silently as we watched Jacob cry out in pain at the tight grip she had. None of us worried, though, knowing that he would heal almost immediately. Throwing him out of the door and downstairs, she stood above him with a furious look. "You imprinted on my daughter!" She bellowed.

"It wasn't my choice," Jacob replied immediately, standing up and looking at her bravely.

"She's a baby!"

"It's not like that." He tried to reason. "You think Edward would let me live if it was?"

"I'm still debating it," Edward replied casually, leaning against the railing and watching Bella in awe.

"I've held her once. One time, Jacob! And already you think that you have some moronic wolfly claim on her?" Bella asked, stepping closer to Jacob the anger pouring out of her. "She's mine!" She brought her hand up and slapped him across the face, causing Jacob to let out a groan and fall to the ground. Edward laughed as he watched the scene play out in front of him.

The two wolves came out of the woods, both growling at the girl, looking from Jacob to Bella.

"It's fine, Leah," Jacob assured.

"You're gonna stay away from her," Bella demanded.

"You know I can't do that."

She sent a punch to him, hitting him directly in the stomach. Sending him flying back into the ground, narrowly missing the tree that was only a few feet to the left of him.

"Stop her, Edward," Esme begged, knowing how out of hand it could get.

"He said it's fine," he said back, "she's amazing, right?"

"Do you remember how much you wanted to be around me three days ago?" Jacob asked, standing back up. The two wolves standing close to him, growing at Bella. "That gone now, right?"

"Long gone."

"Because it was her. From the beginning, it was Nessie who wanted me there."

"Ohh! He's done it now," I whisper, leaning back against Theo's chest as we watch Jacob bury his own grave.

"Nessie?" Bella asked, her eyes glowing in anger. "You nicknamed my daughter after the Loch Ness monster?"

Jacob's eyes widened as he realized his huge mistake.

Bella quickly moved forward to beat him up once more, but Seth leaped in the way. His actions didn't have any effect on Bella, only causing her to throw him to the side in her fit of rage, completely forgetting about her newborn strength. He flew through the air before hitting the tree, letting out a loud whimper.

Immediately both Jacob and Leah rushed over to his side, looking over him with wide eyes.

"Seth, are you okay?" Jacob asked, watching as he tried to stand but couldn't, only letting out whimpers of pain.

"Seth, I'm sorry," Bella said, watching with regret as she slowly stood up, keeping a majority of the weight off of his paw.

"He'll be alright," Jacob said, turning back toward Bella carefully. "Bella, you know me better than anyone. All I want is for Ness...Renesmee to be safe. Happy. Look, nothing ever made sense before. You. Me. Any of it. And now I understand why. This was the reason."

Bella looked up at him before sighing, the tension leaving her body almost immediately.

"That was quick," I mutter. Watching as Bella slowly walked back towards us, her red eyes holding something of defeat and understanding in them.

_______

don't forget to comment and vote!
-T

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 99.4K 51
π’πŠπˆπ & ππŽππ„π’ | ❝You want to eat everyone you see and I don't want to eat at all. Sounds to me like we'd be great friends.❞ In which an anore...
290K 7.3K 57
~ REGULAR UPDATES ~ Y/n Swan has always had trouble controlling her anger so much so she often made stupid reckless decisions that resulted in her of...
128K 4K 38
ο½₯ ο½‘οΎŸβ˜†: *.☽ .* :β˜†οΎŸ. Apathetic- showing or feeling no interest, concern, or emotion. Or The story of L...
346K 7.6K 19
'She's so complicated that's the way god made her, sunshine mixed with a little hurricane. That girl is the perfect storm' "How come she can't see...