The Right Wrong Number

By Author_AMichelle

(⚠️Currently re-editing this as of January 2023⚠️) Mia is a nonsense, tell it like it is woman. Her idgaf att... More

Character Introduction
Chapter 1: Elijah James
Chapter 2: Mia Palucci
Chapter 4: Ugh...Date
Chapter 5: Good morning...Baby
Chapter 6: Two can play this game
Chapter 7: Good Boy
Chapter 8: Happy Birthday, Mr. James
Chapter 9: Life or Death making up
Chapter 10: Stress Relief / Fight Me
Chatper 11: 😁😜🤔🤭🤬
Chapter 12: Secrets
Chapter 13: Will you....die?
Chapter 14: It's You and I forever
Chapter 15: What about the future?
Chapter 16: Meetings & Babysitting
Bonus Chapter: The Kings
Chapter 17: Happy Birthday, Ms. Palluci
Chapter 18: Lets Vibe
Chapter 19: Italy
Chapter 20: This Sucks...Dinner
Chapter 21: The Italy Wedding
Chapter 22: The Honeymoon Pt1
Chapter 23: The Honeymoon pt2
Chapter 24: The Way Home
Chapter 25: Lets Eat
Chapter 26: Wedding Daze
Chapter 27: Let's get married...again
Chapter 28: Over This Shit
Chapter 29: No Sleep for the Wicked

Chapter 3: Construction

7.5K 212 25
By Author_AMichelle

It's been a month since that night at the club. I never heard back from Elijah and since he blew me off the day of our date and...other things about that day I decided to just forget the whole thing and focus on my work. I have orders to work on and no man stops my hustle.

I have to admit I was a bit distracted that next day after the club by checking my phone every 15 minutes. Elijah said he'd let me know about our date so I was excited. I went and got my hair and nails done just to be stood up. He never even called or text to apologize. And when I tried to reach out to him his phone was disconnected. If he didn't want to actually go out with me he should've never asked. But you know what...fuck him.

I'm just finishing up some sketches for a client when I hear what sounds like drilling. The empty space next door to my boutique was bought a few weeks ago and it's been under renovation. And to say that the noise is driving me crazy is an understatement. I couldn't take it. I got up and walked over there ready to go the fuck off on whoever the owner is.

I walk inside and see a lot of construction workers stop what their doing to watch me.

"I'm only gonna ask this once. WHO THE FUCK IS IN CHARGE HERE?" I yell.

A guy who looked really familiar came out of a back room. He looks me up and down.

Ew...Pig.

I'm just now realizing how I must look walking into this dirty place dressed the way I am.

"Ma'am how may I help you" he says smiling at me.

"I'd like to know when this shit will be done so I can actually get some piece and quiet to do my job." I snap at him.

"Look, I'm sorry but it'll be at least another two to three weeks of this. There's nothing I can do about it. The boss man wants it done right so..." He shrugs and I roll my eyes.

"Three weeks...fine." I leave not wanting to be stared at any longer.

I can work from home and I usually end up going directly to my client homes or wherever they may be so not being in my actual boutique isn't really a problem. I just prefer it.

A month later

Three weeks my ass! It's been over a month and the noise still hasn't stopped. I can't even concentrate. So once again I go over and as soon as I'm walk in I feel eyes on me.

"WHO'S IN CHARGE HERE?" I yell. The guy from before walks out followed by none other than Mr. Elijah fucking James himself.

"Mia...wow you look..." he said but I cut him off.

"Fuck off, Elijah!...YOU!" I said pointing to the other guy. "You told me three weeks. It's been over a month. When will this shit actually be done so I can fucking work in piece?" I all but screamed at the guy. He just looked at Elijah who was still staring at me. "Well? Answer me!"

"Ma'am I'm sorry. Really...you're going to have to talk to boss man" he said looking sad. Which made me feel bad since he was probably just doing his job.

"Ok then who the fuck is "boss man" ?" I ask and he points to Elijah. A part of me knew the answer before he said it. I just hoped it wasn't true. "So you're why I can't get any work done? Figures" I scoff

"Mia...I'm sor-" again I cut him off.

"Didn't I tell you to fuck off? Look there are other people who work on this block and I unfortunately happen to be next door. Your bitch boy told me this would be done weeks ago but clearly all you two know how to do is lie." I see him physically cringe at me calling him a liar.

Yeah asshole I'm pissed.

"Ugh! I don't even know why I'm wasting my time" I turn and walk out as he calls my name. I walk back into my own shop. But before I can make it to my office I feel someone grab my arm and turn my body.

"Mia please just talk to me. Let me explain what happened" He's still holding my arm so I yank it away.

"Your chance to explain ended after you stood me up. So if you don't mind I have work to do" I walk into my office but he follows me inside. Before I have a chance to yell more he grabs me and has me pinned against the door. He's breathing so fast and his eyes keep going from my lips back up to my eyes.

I'm now equally pissed and turned on.

"Will you just listen...please?" He pleaded. I could tell by the look on his face he felt remorseful. And honestly all I could think of how great he smelled and how nice it felt having his body press up against me...wait no I'm still pissed!

"You have two seconds to get the fuck off of me and back away" I say as calmly as I could. He backs away with his hands up and I walk over to my desk and sit down. "You can go now"

"Not until I get a chance to explain myself. I didn't just blow you off Mia. I swear" I didn't look at him until now hoping that if I got back to work he'd leave me alone. The moment I saw his eyes I was a goner.

"Five minutes...that's all you're getting and then I call the cops" I say as he take a seat in front of me.

"Okay first. Hi! You look incredible! But look...what happened the day of our date was...well crazy. My ex showed up at my house. Caused me a bunch of issues including breaking my phone. I forgot to save your number so even when I got a new one and backed up my info your number wasn't there. It was dark so I didn't remember your house so I couldn't just show up at random peoples houses looking for you. I waited for weeks hoping your brother would show up at my club but he never did. I do apologize. Honestly it's not a good excuse but it's all true. I really did want to take you out that day."

"Yeah well even if I believe that shit excuse for an reason I don't care. Clearly it wasn't meant to be. Just please get your shit done so I can finally work here again. You can let yourself out now"

"Seriously? That's it?"

"Yup. Have a great day, Elijah" I said before going back to looking over sketches. I don't look at him but when I hear my office door close I let out a sigh of relief that he'd finally left.

(Elijah's POV)

To say I was shocked she kicked me out of her office was an understatement. Women never tell me no. But I know she's into me the way I felt the way her heart rate sped up when I was close to her. Yet I couldn't blame her for being upset. I just didn't expect her to be that fucking pissed at me.

As I was leaving her shop I saw her brother walking in.

Great now he wants to be somewhere I am?

"Elijah! What's up?" He said smiling.

"Nothing much. Just getting my ass handed to me by your sister." I admit and he laughs.

"Yeah she's been on a war path the last month or so. She won't admit it but I'm assuming it's cause of the guy that stood her up on her birthday" he said and I didn't want him to finish. "It's the day after mine actually so she technically spent part of it with you. She hates celebrating her birthday and I'd hoped she'd enjoy herself for a change. She puts so much of herself into me and her clients that she doesn't take much time for herself. So I was happy to hear she was excited for her birthday. I thought maybe she was gonna say you asked her out but she never told me...so was it you?"

"Yeah but so much shit happened that day that I lost your sisters number due to a broken phone. I explained but she's still pissed at me"

"Makes sense. I think she likes you but you pissed her off big time and she's not gonna let it go until you do something to take her breath away. Lucky for you I'm going to help you" he said with a smirk.

"But why would you help me?"

"Because you were able to make her smile and laugh. After our parents died she became like a mom to me. She worked her ass off to get where she is but to also make sure I was taking care of and got into college. Mia means everything to me and deserves to be happy. I saw the chemistry between you two. And if you could be that 1 outta 10 guy then I'll help you. But you have to do exactly as I say. Also if she finds out I had anything to do with this I will tell her you forced my hand"

"Deal man. I did like your sister instantly. I didn't want to admit it but it's true."

"Then let's go. We have a a lot to discuss" He started to walk away then turned back to me "You don't have a limit on your credit card do you?"

"No..." he smiled and I became worried about how much this would cost me to win her over.

Mia's POV

The past few day have actually been pleasant. The construction seems to have finally stopped. I've seen Elijah outside on phone calls. Unfortunately he always looks fucking great.

Stupid sexy fucker.

I'm currently heading to lunch with Bry since he randomly invited me. When I make it to the restaurant I don't see him there. Instead I see Eli.

That assholes set me up

"Hi...uh you look incredible" Eli says nervous

I just stare at him trying to figure out if I want to just leave and go kill my brother.

I am hungry...
And he does look really good.

"Hey...You don't have to suffer through sharing a meal with me. I know you how much you hate me, so it's fine. Don't be mad at Bryson. He just wanted to try to make you happy." he says as he gets up and turns to walk away.

"I don't hate you..." I say low but loud enough for him to hear me. He smiles and sits across from me.

"How are you doing today?" He asked and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Are we really doing small talk?" He chuckles and shakes his head.

"Okay. Okay. Sorry. You really do look incredible"

"Oh I'm well aware how good I look but thank you" he gave me one of his panty dropper smirks and I just want to smack his stupid pretty face.

"You look...nice"

"Nice? Have you seen me? Don't act like you aren't completely turned on any time I'm around you" he says very matter of fact.

"You're hot. I don't deny that and if you'd have shown up for our date I would've...never mind"

"Fuck no. Continue, please. If we had that date and it went well how would it end? I have a few ideas but I'm curious." He says taking a sip of water.

I decided to take this time to fuck with him

"Well if it were me choosing we would've had a nice dinner somewhere. Private of course so no one can see your hands up my very, very tight short skirt." I watching him swallow hard "Then after you make me cum at the table, we leave, and I suck your cock while you drive us home. I swallow every drop...naturally"

He clears his throat "...naturally. And then what?"

"You're sweating...are you okay?" I ask and he wiped his forehead with a napkin.

"I'm good. Just warm in here. So what exactly do you consider a date for me to make this happen? Because this seems like a date to me."

"This isn't a date. I told you that chance has passed."

"Come on, Beautiful. I haven't done this in a long time. I don't beg but please let me make it up to you. Just one date. A proper one that will hopefully end with you unable to feel your legs"

I watch him for a few minutes thinking it over. He did piss me off but he's made me really fucking frustrated. Always standing outside my shop in those tight fitted shirts and don't get started on his pants. This mans ass in jeans was immaculate.

Shit I need to get laid.

"I guess one date couldn't hurt" plus I haven't had a good dick appointment in months. I'm too busy for relationships so I have an understanding with a friend of mine who travels a lot. "But if it's not amazing we just leave it be and I guess try to be friends?"

"You have a deal." He watches me intently and I'm half attempted to kiss him.

The rest of the meal went great. We talked and found we had a lot in common. He was really honest about anything I asked so I did the same.

"So now for the real questions" I joked and he just laughed. "Last real relationship?"

"Oof...uh it's been about 2 years since my ex and I split up. And before you ask why. She cheated with a guy who sent me to prison for something he did."

"What a bitch. I know some people...say the word and I'll have them both taken care of" he smiled but shook his head.

"Thank you but no. It's fine. It just wasn't meant to be I guess. No matter how much I dislike her I hope she's happy. I'd never wish anything bad on her but him on the other hand. I try not to slit his throat any time I see him."

"How often are you and him around each other?"

"More than I'd like. Actually I'd seen him that first day I called you by accident. I should thank you."

"For what?" I asked genuinely curious

"I was pissed I even had to meet up with him but talking to you made me completely forget about it. So thanks beautiful."

"Shouldn't you thank your what was it "pretty blonde from the club"?"

"Hey, I needed to find her. It was about an investment"

"Yeah. I'm sure you were trying to invest in her...asset"

"Wow, that was a terrible pun. I expect better dad jokes from you" he said mocking me.

"I have a question but feel free to tell me to mind my business"

"Ask away. I'll try to be as honest as possible."

"You said the man your ex cheated with sent you to jail...what were the charges? If you don't mind me asking."

"Drugs" he stated looking at me.

"Oh...you don't..."

"Oh! No! I've never even smoked weed. I'd never touch any of that shit. He convinced me to help him move it."

"Move it?"

"My company has dock access a lot of people don't. And access around the world due to connections. He needed me to "move it" where I had access because the police don't normally bother us"

"Only he got in over his head and way too cocky. He was looking at serious jail time but made a deal to walk"

"What type of deal could actually work in his favor?"

"Giving them me? My name holds weight and some low level feds we're looking to make names for themselves. He got off if he could set me up to look like his drugs were mine. Lucky for me my best friend Taz heard about it and was able to get rid of most of his shit before the raid on one of my cargo boats happened. Unfortunately not all of it but it wasn't a lot so I got 2 years and he got freedom."

"Fuck. I'm sorry. That's terrible and that guy needs to be dealt with."

"Thanks but I believe karma will catch up to him one day. I'm not even really bitter about it. Honestly if he hadn't done all that shit I'd probably still be in a horrible relationship with a woman who just wanted to use me."

"Sounds like you really loved her"

"I suppose I did. I think her betrayal was worse than what he did. He just did what he needed to get what he wanted. He pretended to befriend me knowing who I was. But she'd known me for years. My family moved to the states when I was a kid. I meet her in high school and fell for her. My best friends warned me but I thought she loved me back so I didn't listen. By the time I did it was too late."

"They both sound like shitty people who deserve the worst. I know I don't know you well but no one deserves any of that. Especially from people you're supposed to be able to trust."

"Thank you, Beautiful but like I said. I believe all the things they've done will catch up with them at some point. Be it by my hand or someone else's. But I do appreciate you not judging me on anything I've told you."

"It's not my place to judge you. Hell it's not even my place to judge them but wrong is wrong. It's clear you have a good heart. The fact you even saw that man the day we met and didn't kill him is amazing. Because I don't think I could've let him open his mouth even to say a single word before my fist would've broken his jaw"

"Why do I believe that's exactly what you would've done? But during my time locked up I learned patience for things that are out of my control. And read people better."

"Is that so? And did you read me?"

"Yup"

"And what did you come up with?"

"Sure you wanna know?"

"Yes"

"Well first I could tell I annoyed you...a lot." He said chuckling. "You're very focused, have a need for control, and you so desperately want to not want me. Unfortunately for you but fortunately for me I turn you on"

"That's all...very true. But it's not a one way thing. You're not just attracted to me. You wouldn't have done all this if you were just looking for sex."

"You're right. Though I could give you the best night of your life this was more than just that to me. I was immediately attracted to you but told myself I was off limits to you."

"Why's that?"

"Because after everything with my ex I didn't want anything serious. Just hookups when I wanted them. But you...I knew that wasn't happening. You carry yourself with too much respect. As you should of course. You care very deeply about the people you love. Bryson is proof of that. That kid adores you by the way. Very proud of all you've done for yourself and feels lucky to have someone like you looking out for him."

"My brother is my entire world. Even before my work. I'd do anything for him."

"I know. I could tell. But to further answer your question I saw that you were head strong. Which is good. You know your worth. Also good. You're a lot more reserved than most your age but that helped mold Bryson into the man he is. So it's a great thing. I could tell you were and are amazing."

"Wow. Thank you. Was that everything?"

"No. There was one last thing."

"And what was that?"

"I knew from the moment I dropped you off at home that night that you'd be mine. And if I let you in I'd completely lose myself in you, Mia."

"Is that bad?"

"No. I've never met someone who instantly...had me the way you did. The way you still do at this very moment. I'm still sorry things started off so badly. And I apologize I wasn't there to take you out that night. It should've been just like this...the start of something incredible."

"I don't know what to say"

"Don't say anything. Just enjoy everything that happens tonight and think about the consequences tomorrow."

I really thought about what he'd said but still couldn't find the right words so I nodded and smiled before checking my watch.

"Shit! I have a client coming by my boutique soon. I really am having a good time but I need to go. Would you like to split the check?"

"No, Beautiful. It's already taken care of. I'm sad this has to end but I need to get to my office as well. So how about I text yo-actually would you happen to be free Friday night?"

"I am."

"Good. I'll pick you up at 7. Wear something sexy but fun." He walked me out to the valet and waited until I was driving away before leaving himself. 

I have to remember to make an appointment to get my hair and nails done...and maybe add in a wax. Normally I never consider sex on a first date but I'm counting the club and lunch today as dates. I just won't tell him that. Hopefully he can live up to his own hype because I could use a good back breaking

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.5K 1K 74
"James you are all of my answered prayers" "you show me the way to your heart and I will never get out of there now that i'm in" **** A quiet girl w...
167K 5.3K 74
This is the second book to 📚- Into oblivion ----------- "I've come to find that I am in fact a jealous man, I thought at the warehouse you would be...
259K 6.1K 52
Love Rejection Heartbreak -------------------------------------------------------- Mia has spent her life living like she's invisible in her own hous...
9.9K 273 32
Warning This story it's for mental and emotional mature audience (18 and up) the contain is following: Strong language Graphic violence Nudity Drugs ...