Love from the Sea [OUAT || Ki...

By bethanyjanebooks

Vivian Mills is Regina Mills daughter from her first love Daniel, the stable boy. Vivian was known as the Dar... More

Cast and Info
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Next Book

Chapter 19

4.6K 151 46
By bethanyjanebooks

The group of heroes and villains were currently walking through the jungle. David was cutting down branches as the others followed behind him.

"The ridge is just a few hundred paces up ahead," Hook informed them.

"You really think we're gonna be able to see Pan's hideout?" Emma asked.

"From there we should be able to see everything, including where he's keeping your son," Hook told her.

"You know, I could've just poofed us up here in an instant," Regina said.

"Where? Have you any idea what's up here or anywhere? There are dangers all about. Only I can guide us past them," Hook said.

"He's right, Hook's lived here before. If he says hiking up is the best way, then we listen," Emma said.

Vivian looked at Emma confused at her sudden defence for Hook. She looked at Regina, who also noticed the change in Emma's attitude.

"What the hell was that?" Vivian whispered.

"I don't know, don't overthink it," Regina said.

David was cutting branches when he was about the cut through a branch with thorns on, but Hook stopped him, "No, no!" Hook said.

"I can handle a couple of thorns," David said.

"That's Dreamshade, it's not the thorns you have to worry about. It's the poison they inject you with. This plant is the source of the toxins I used on the Dark One," Hook said.

"The poison that almost killed Rumpel?" Vivian asked.

"Indeed, I used a concentrated dose. In its natural form, death would be much slower and far more painful. I suggest we go this way," Hook said as he pointed to the left.

"We'll go this way," David said as he goes to the right.

Vivian looked at Hook and shrugged before followed after David with Regina and Mary Margaret. She walked beside her mother as Emma and Hook were behind them.

Regina sighed, "We'll find him, mom, I promise," Vivian said.

"I know, but I also can't shake what Gold said to you," Regina said.

"Don't worry about that, I'll worry about that, you worry about getting Henry home," Vivian said.

"I'm your mother as well, it's my job to worry about both of you," Regina countered.

"Up here! We made it," David yelled.

They wall walked up to the hill and saw a huge jungle, "Pan's lair should be just right..." Hook said.

"Where? All I see is jungle," Regina said.

"Aye, the Dark Jungle. It's, uh, grown so much since I last stepped foot in Neverland," Hook said as he sighed.

"So, this nature hike was for nothing," Regina said.

"Mom..." Vivian said.

"Hook may have led us astray, but at least we're in a good position to start combing the jungle," David said.

"Lovely," Vivian said.

"Not exactly. The Dark Jungle is the last place you wanna set foot. We'll have to go around it. In order to do that, we're gonna need our strength. I suggest we make camp," Hook said.

"You wanna sleep while my son is out there suffering?" Regina said.

"If we want to live long enough to save the boy... Yes," Hook said.

"Come on," Vivian said and she placed her hand on Hook's arm, "Let's go."

He nodded and led her, Regina and David back to make camp as Mary Margaret and Emma held back.

As they were making camp, "Should I be worried about anything, Hook?" Vivian asked.

"Err... No, just Pan and the Lost Boys," Hook said.

"Right... I meant other than our threat right now," Vivian said.

"What do you mean love?" Hook looked at her, "What is it?"

Emma and Mary Margaret came into the camp and Vivian saw Emma looking at Hook, see glanced at her slightly. Vivian sighed, "Nothing, forget it," Vivian said and walked to her mother.

"You okay?" Regina asked.

"I just want to leave this place... Obviously, after we get Henry," Vivian said.

Later that night, Emma woke everyone up, Vivian sat up from Hook's arms and looked at Emma as she told them all about seeing Pan, him giving her a blank map that will only reveal itself when she admits who she really is.

"He likes his games," Hook said.

"What game? There's nothing there," Regina said.

"If he said there's a map on this parchment, then there is," Hook said.

"Great, so if I just stop denying who I really am, whatever that means, then we'll be able to read this thing," Emma said.

"But, how do we know Pan won't use it to lead us straight into a trap?" Vivian asked as she stood with her mother.

"Because he doesn't need to. This whole island's his bloody trap," Hook said.

"There's no sign of him anywhere," David said as he and Mary Margaret walked out of the jungle.

"Any luck with the map?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Don't hold your breath," Regina said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Emma asked.

"Don't you see what he's doing? Every second we spent talking about this is another second we're not looking for my son," Regina said.

"You got a better idea?" Emma asked as she continued to look at the map.

"Magic," Regina said and David sighed, "If there's a lock on there, I'll find a way around it," Regina said as she reached for the map.

"Pan said it had to be me," Emma said.

"I'd listen to Emma, love. Breaking Pan's rules would be unwise," Hook said.

"Sadly, I agree with the pirate," David said.

"I'm winning you over, I can feel it," Hook said as he looked at David.

"And your magic doesn't exactly have a gentle touch, Regina," Mary Margaret said as Vivian yawned.

"Use it on the map, it might blow up in all our faces," David said and saw Vivian walking to Emma, "What are you doing?"

"Can I see that?" Vivian held her hand out, "I won't do anything, so stop looking at me so judgy David," Emma handed it to Vivian, who looked at it, she flipped it over, "Hmm..." She placed her hand on it, "Quite the game," She handed it over back to Emma, "Okay, literally you have to figure out who you are and you have to dig deep to find it," Vivian told her.

"What did you do to the paper?" Emma asked taking the blank map.

"Not much, just felt how powerful the enchantment is on it," Vivian walked to her mother, "Now if anyone stops her trying to find herself, you'll be delaying us even more," She leaned against the tree and nodded to Emma.

Emma started listing down everything we saw, name, where she's from, what she's done for work, what she is for work, who her child is, who's child she is, the product of true love, where she was born, what her parents did to save her from the curse and that she was the saviour. Nothing happened, the map was still blank.

"I don't get it. I said I'm the Saviour, there's nothing I've denied more than that," Emma said.

"Is there anything else you're denying, deep down?" Vivian asked and Emma shrugged, "It's okay... We'll... We'll figure it out," She said.

"No, she won't," Regina took the map from Emma, "But I can. I'm beginning to think there isn't a map on here. That doesn't mean it can't lead us to Henry," Regina said.

"I thought we decided that using magic was a bad idea," David said.

"For once I agree with the prince," Hook said and David looked at him shocked, "Well, I told you we're getting along."

"Guys, keep your growing bromance in check alright?" Vivian said to them as Regina waved her hand on the map and it started to glow.

"What the hell are you doing?" Emma asked Regina as she stood up.

"A locator spell, this parchment belonged to Pan. It'll lead us to him," Regina said.

They watched as the map floated up into the air and flew into the jungle, "So, it appears we will be venturing into the Dark Jungle after all," Hook said.

"You mean the place you told us never to set foot in?" Vivian asked.

"That's the one," Hook nodded as he walked to her.

"Wonderful," Vivian sighed.

"Well, Emma, you said you wanted to be the leader... Lead," Regina said and Emma followed the map with the others behind her.

They followed the floating map, Vivian walked beside Hook and she looked around.

"Everything okay, love?" Hook asked.

"Yeah, this place freaks me out," Vivian said and she took hold of his hand.

"Aye, it's not one of the best places," Hook said.

The map stopped floating in mid-air and they all stopped walking, "Wait, he's there. Pan, I can feel his smugness," Regina said.

David took out his sword, "Shall we? While we still have the element of surprise on our side?" David said.

"Careful. He may look like a boy, but he's a bloody demon," Hook said as he walked forward and Vivian followed behind him.

They all walked onto Pan's campsite and saw no one there, "No one's here. Maybe, your spell was wrong, Regina," Mary Margaret said.

"Yes, blame me... Again," Regina said.

"Oh, come on... Quit arguing, Henry's more important that your constant bickering," Vivian looked at them.

Emma saw a boy in the distance, "Guys, hold on. Is that... Henry!" Emma said when she recognised the clothes.

The boy turned around and it was Pan, "Hi, Emma," Pan said.

"Where the hell is Henry?" Emma asked.

"You broke the rules, that's not fair. Bad form. I expected more from you, Captain," Pan said.

"Aye and you'll get it," Hook said.

"Give Henry back to me," Emma said.

"Sorry, can't. Don't you know? Cheaters never win," Pan said then the Lost Boys began shouting and whooping as they showed up behind Pan and surrounded them, they all pointed arrows at them.

"Watch out for their arrows, they're laced with Dreamshade," Hook said.

The Lost Boys started shooting arrows at them, the group ducked out of the way of the arrows. They all soon began fighting against the lost boys.

Vivian pulled out her sword and it clashed against another, she looked at the lost boy. She kicked him back but an arrow came at Regina from behind, "Mom!" She yelled and ran over, pushing Regina out of the way, the arrow cut her jacket arm. 

"Vivian!" Hook yelled.

Vivian looked at her arm after she rolled off her mother and saw nothing to worry about, "I'm good! Just my jacket!" Vivian told him.

"Thank you, sweetheart," Regina said.

"Anytime," Vivian said as she threw her sword at the lost boy who fired the arrow. He dodged and she used her magic, making the sword fly back into her hand, but not after knocking the smug look off the lost boy when he stood back up.

Pan whistled and all the Lost Boy ran behind him, Pan looked at Emma, "Remember what I told you. The map will show you where Henry is only when you stop denying who you really are. I'll make sure to send Henry your regards," Pan said he looked at Vivian and smirked before he ran off the boys.

"Love, let me see," Hook rushed over to Vivian and grabbed her arm.

"Ow, easy," Vivian said looking at him, "Didn't even cut the skin, I'm fi-" She was cut off when he kissed her.

"Thank goodness," Hook sighed and rested his head against hers, "I thought my life stopped then," He whispered.

"You... You really meant it when you apologised didn't you?" Vivian said.

"Aye, love I did," Hook said and they kissed again.

Later, the group made camp and Emma was looking at the map.

Regina and Vivian made a fire for them all, Regina looked at Vivian worried, "Mom, I'm fine, I promise... I didn't even feel the arrow touch my skin," Vivian said.

Regina nodded, "I just... I can't lose either you or Henry," Regina said with her voice shakey.

Vivian stood in front of her and took hold of her hands, "And you won't, I promise," Vivian said and hugged her mother, she looked in the distance, her eyes were watery but she closed her eyes, calming herself down.

David walked to them, "Thanks for the fire," He said.

"It's okay," Regina sniffed and pulled away from Vivian.

"Sorry, you two... Okay?" David asked.

"You worried about us chisel chin?" Vivian turned around with a smirk.

"Yeah, you two are fine," David said and smiled at Vivian.

"Are you? I saw the arrow," Vivian said.

"Yeah, like your jacket, mine also wasn't lucky," David said.

"Our poor jackets... What did they do to the Lost Boys?" Vivian said and chuckled.

Hook walked up, "I'm glad that it was nothing major for either of you," He said.

"Thanks, love," Vivian said.

"Yeah, thanks," David said unsure how to take the pirates words.

Emma and Mary Margaret said, "The map is working, we know where Henry is," Emma said.

"Where?" The Mills duo asked.

Hook looked at the map, "Uh, we're here at the Southern tip of the isle, in the middle of the Dark Jungle and Pan's camp lies due north," Hook told them.

"That's where he's keeping Henry," Emma said.

"What are we waiting for?" Regina asked.

"Well, the terrain's not easy. There will undoubtedly by some nasty impediments along the way," Hook said.

"We should prepare. We only made it out of our last encounter because Pan let us. We need a new plan," David said.

"Agreed, it's time we stop playing his game and he starts playing ours," Emma said.

"I hate to agree as well," Vivian said.

"And if I disagree?" Regina questioned.

"Go ahead," Emma looked at her and shrugged, "But I think you know our best chance is together," Emma said.

"You better be right," Regina said as she walked away.

"Excellent show of patience, love and that's what defeats a nasty little boy," Hook said as he held up his bottle of rum to Emma.

Vivian walked off in the jungle, she looked behind her and hid behind a tree. She removed her jacket and looked at her arm to see a blue line of Dreamshade poison in her system.

"Oh, my, that does look nasty," Pan said walking up to her, Vivian threw a fireball at him but he caught it and blew it out, "It seems," He took hold of her arm and looked at it, "That you only have a tiny amount in your blood..." He said.

"And just who are you, Swan?" They turned to Hook's voice.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Emma said to Hook.

"Perhaps I would," Hook answered.

Vivian shrugged Pan off, "What do you want?" Vivian asked him.

"I know about your love for the Captain and I thought I'd give you some advice... Being an old friend of his," Pan said.

"You? His friend? What a laugh," Vivian said.

"Old acquaintance, whatever, but I've known him a very long time to know his attention isn't on his so-called love," Pan looked at her, "You."

"Way to point out the obvious, you want a medal?" Vivian asked up and slipped on her jacket.

"You got fire, I like fire," Pan smirked.

"Should I be flattered or grossed out?" Vivian said.

"Flattered of course," Pan smirked at her.

"Too bad, I'm grossed out... Now, what are you really here for Pan? To gloat that my love is drifting from me? That I'm dying?" She asked.

"All of those sound amazing... I'll make a deal with you... You can save your life but you'll stay here, forever," Pan offered.

"I'd rather die of Dreamshade thanks," Vivian said and walked off back to camp.

Hook walked to her, "Hey, love, everything okay?" He asked her.

"You done flirting with Emma?" Vivian asked him.

"What?" Hook asked.

"Your words might not be flirtatious but your tone, it's what you use on me before we sleep together," Vivian looked at him, "So, are you done? Because here you will not get the usual result you always get... You'll get a fireball to the face as no one has time for a pirate being a pirate when my brother's life is in danger," She started walking off.

Hook grabbed her wrist, "Viv, wait," Vivian turned to him and looked at him, "I'm sorry... I didn't know you were near us," Hook said.

"And that makes it alright?" Vivian scoffed, "Sometimes I wonder why I ever believe I have a future with you."

"Is that what you want?" Hook looked at her.

"Yes, that's what I bloody want!" She snapped and the other looked at them, "But you, being you, always make me think otherwise and yeah, it might be who you are but if you tell someone you love someone, you shouldn't do what you do... Did you do this with Milah?" Vivian said.

"Vivian..." Hook glanced seeing the others looking at them then back at her, "Maybe, we can discuss this later."

"Did you do this with Milah!?" Vivian asked him again.

"No!" Hook yelled at her.

"But you'll do it with me?" Vivian asked.

"Okay, we want to talk about actions around others... Explain, how you got maps from pirates?" Hook said.

"Nearly killed them," Vivian answered truthfully.

"What?" Hook looked at her shocked.

"Did you seriously think I flirted with them?" She laughed, "Wow, shows how much you trusted me... You know, I could handle it in the Enchanted Forest because afterwards you always made it up to me and but lately, you haven't even done that," Vivian said and walked past everyone.

"Viv!" Hook looked at her.

"Leave her alone, Hook," Regina looked at him, "She won't admit it, but whatever brought this argument about, it hurt her more than anything... Give her time and prove she's what you want," Regina walked to Vivian.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.3K 1K 39
Henry Mills left Storybrooke when he graduated from High School to find his own story. When he was captured by a new Lady Tremaine, he was rescued by...
65.3K 1.7K 23
It's been a over two years since Vivian Mills died in Neverland due to Dreamshade poisoning and she never knew the cure Gold had worked out. During h...
36.6K 744 21
The curse is broken. Families are reunited. But this is Storybrooke, and life here was never going to be easy. What happens when Tasha finds herself...
148K 2.4K 36
Kallie Emma Jones is 14-year-old daughter of 'The Savior' Emma Swan and Killian 'Hook' Jones. With Henry all grown up and living in another realm, s...