You&Me: Book 4

By varzanic

Saigon returns to Northern Ridge with mixed feelings. He can't seem to get Archer off of his mind. The moment... More

Chapter 1: Heading Home (Saigon)
Chapter 2: Old Friends (Saigon)
Chapter 3: Family Outing (Saigon)
Chapter 4: Competition (Saigon)
Chapter 5: Chocolate (Archer)
Chapter 6: The Hunt (Saigon)
Chapter 7: Patrol (Saigon)
Chapter 8: Rich and Shiny (Saigon)
Chapter 9: A Night Out (Archer)
Chapter 10: Sensitivity (Archer)
Chapter 11: Not Interested (Saigon)
Chapter 12: Cricket (Saigon)
Chapter 13: Secrets (Archer)
Chapter 14: Rivalry (Archer)
Chapter 15: Glass Shards (Archer)
Chapter 16: Father's Intervention (Archer)
Chapter 17: Bad Decision (Archer)
Chapter 18: Base Acid (Saigon)
Chapter 19: The Next Beta (Archer)
Chapter 20: Disapprove (Saigon)
Chapter 21: Shouldn't Have (Saigon)
Chapter 22: Relationship Sorrows (Saigon)
Chapter 23: Calculated (Saigon)
Chapter 24: Distraught Visitor (Saigon)
Chapter 25: A Second Mate (Archer)
Chapter 26: Such an Ass (Archer)
Chapter 27: A Messy Situation(Archer)
Chapter 28: Shopping (Saigon)
Chapter 29: Movie Night (Archer)
Chapter 30: Moon Drunk (Saigon)
Chapter 31: Fighting Drunken Rogues (Saigon)
Chapter 32: Curse (Archer)
Chapter 33: Advice (Archer)
Chapter 34: Human Holidays (Archer)
Chapter 35: Karen (Archer)
Chapter 36: Cake (Saigon)
Chapter 37: In-Laws (Saigon)
Chapter 38: Panic Attack (Archer)
Chapter 39: Pie (Archer)
Chapter 41: Egg Casserole (Archer)
Chapter 42: Happy Tears (Archer)
Chapter 43: Rings (Saigon)
Chapter 44: Switch (Archer)
Chapter 45: Bad Reputation (Saigon)
Chapter 46: Boats (Archer)
Chapter 47: A Show (Saigon)
Chapter 48: Happiness (Saigon)
Chapter 49: The Ultimate Present (Archer)
Chapter 50: Love Me (Archer)
Chapter 51: Official Member (Saigon)
Chapter 52: Honeymoon Period
Chapter 53: Mate-Bonding (Archer)
Chapter 54: Sickness (Saigon)
Chapter 55: Open the Door (Archer)
Chapter 56: Nothing (Archer)
Chapter 57: Spray Down (Archer)
Chapter 58: Root Beer (Archer)
Chapter 59: The Train (Archer)
Chapter 60: Let Go Home
Chapter 61: Avalanche (Archer)
Chapter 62: Runaway (Saigon)
Chapter 63: My Way Home (Archer)
Chapter 64: Mating Trial (Archer)
Chapter 65: Marked (Archer)
Chapter 66: Panic Scars (Archer)
Chapter 67: Conversation (Saigon)
Chapter 68: Back Home (Archer)

Chapter 40: Family Secret (Saigon)

3.4K 226 19
By varzanic

I could feel the tension in Archer's body as we sat in the living room the day after Thanksgiving. My grandma was showing my grandpa some of the things she had bought during the Black Friday sales that morning.

"Do you want to go lie down?" I whispered in his ear.

Archer shook his head. "I'm fine."

I moved my arm around his shoulders. "My grandma keeps peeking over here. You look pale."

"I'm fine." He rested against my side.

"There's some leftover pie in the fridge. We could have a piece."

He thought for a moment before nodding.

Smiling, I sat up. "Grandma, can we get out some of the pies?"

"Go for it, sweetheart. I want them gone before you leave."

"We'll do our best." Taking Archer's hand, I pulled him into the other room and sat him down on a stool.

I quickly got out the different options and plates. After popping off the lids, I started cutting smaller slices of each one, so I could have a bite of each. Archer hadn't moved. I dished him the last piece of the chocolate pie and offered him a fork.

He took it. I gave him a smile before starting to eat. Archer picked at it for a while before taking a bite. With each additional one, he began to perk up.

"Do you want another kind?"

Archer nodded.

The front door opened, and Daven entered with his dad.

"I should buy one for the pack," said my uncle. "Something that doesn't take as much gas."

"You have enough cars," yelled Storm from the living room.

"That one of Daven's is super nice. We should take a ride around the neighborhood."

"Only if you get rid of one of the others," she replied. "We can't fit any more in the garage."

"Then, we'll build a bigger garage," the alpha replied.

Chuckling to himself, Daven entered the kitchen. "Hey, finishing off the pie?"

"I'd offer you some but why waste it?" I said with a smirk.

"I'll pass," he laughed. Daven glanced at Archer. "Are you feeling alright?" He clasped his neck. "You look a little stressed."

Archer forced a smile. "I'm good. A little tired, that's all."

My cousin looked between us.

"Don't," I said as his mouth opened. "We're taking it slow."

He nodded. "Just let me know when the wedding is. You do know what your dad and Peter are doing upstairs." Daven flashed me a grin. "Jesse and Raven are up there too, planning your big day."

With a groan, Archer covered his face. "Are we seriously going to have a wedding?"

I shrugged. "Yeah, my dad's side is human."

"So, you are serious?" said Daven.

I held up my hand. "Don't start. I'm sure Jesse needs saving. I doubt he cares about wedding colors."

Daven looked rather smug as he left the kitchen. I glared at his back. He was not helping Archer relax. I finished eating and put the pies away.

Stretching my arms overheard, I yawned. "I think I could do for a nap."

Archer raised a brow as he scraped the last bit of chocolate off his plate.

"I need to sleep off all that pie." I slipped around the counter and wrapped my arms around his waist. "Do you want to take one with me?"

Letting out a sigh, he turned to me. "Sure."

After putting our dishes in the sink, we went to our room. I took off my shirt and slipped off my pants as well.

"What are you doing?" asked Archer.

I shifted form. "I'm tired of human form." Flopping onto the bed, I patted my arm on the spot beside me. "Come here."

Shaking his head, Archer removed his clothes and shifted. He climbed over me and snuggled into my side. "Thank you." His eyes closed. "I know what you're doing and I appreciate it."

"What are you talking about?" I replied. "Being so close to home is bringing the werewolf out of me."

"Hmm..." He laid his head on my arm. "I'm sure that's the only reason."

***

"Boys, dinner is ready. Boys!" A knock sounded on the door before it opened.

I turned over.

My grandma stood there, smiling ear to ear. "Where's my phone? I need a picture."

I groaned. "Don't make it weird."

Archer hadn't moved. His breathing was deep, and I had a feeling he was already experiencing the effects of the approaching full moon. I touched his shoulder. Archer let out a deep breath and curled into a ball. He looked beautiful, so at peace.

"So cute," someone said softly.

I turned to see my grandma looking at her phone with my dad peering over her shoulder.

"Get out." I pointed. "We'll be there in a minute."

She closed the door. "We need to show Peter."

Rolling my eyes, I sat up. I fixed the blankets around him and nuzzled his cheek. I doubted Archer would be waking up. Shifting forms, I got dressed and went to the kitchen. Everyone was already filling their plates.

"Where's Archer?" asked my grandma.

"Sleeping," I replied.

"Is he sick?" She watched me closely. "I noticed he's been looking pale." She spotted Xavier. "Archer might be sick. Call your doctor."

"I think he's fine," said Xavier.

"He's been looking awful all day," stated my grandma. "A human doctor can't do anything, so call yours."

"Karen, I'm sure he's okay."

"He's fine," I added. "A little tired, that's all."

She pursed her lips. "Saigon, sweetheart, now is not the time to be a big-macho man. Your boyfriend is sick. I know something wrong with him, so either call a doctor, or I will."

Darius looked confused. "A human one? That isn't going to do much since he's in werewolf form."

My grandma scoffed at the comment. "I have Trevor's number. I wasn't going to let Daven run off to be under a man I knew nothing about. It's dangerous."

Daven's mouth fell open as Jesse snickered. "What do you mean by that?" asked my cousin.

"I'm simply looking out for you, sweetie." She went to her purse to get her phone. "Trevor will know someone who can look at him."

I knew she would figure out something was up. "Grandma," I breathed. "He's fine. Honest."

Peter touched her hand. "Um... Why don't we go check on him together."

Karen stopped. "Finally, a sensible man in the family."

The pair started toward the back bedroom. I took a step back so I could see them walk down the hall. Peter was whispering to Karen.

My father put his hand on my shoulder. "It's a full moon, right?" he whispered.

I panicked and froze in place.

"We've babysat Archer before. The first time it happened, Rupert was gone, and Peter didn't know what was wrong. He came running into our cave with an unconscious child. He and Aden were both freaking out," my father chuckled. "I'd seen it before, so I calmed them down."

I swallowed hard. "Don't tell anyone."

My father shook his head. "I won't. Though, I'm sure Peter is letting your grandmother know."

Sweat was starting to bead up on my forehead. This was not turning out like I had hoped. Archer wanted to limit the number of people who knew about his condition, but more people knew about it than Archer realized.

"She won't tell," said my father in my ear. "Karen will take it to her grave rather than hurt Archer's feelings. So take a deep breath and act like Archer needs to sleep because of stress."

Taking a deep breath, I stood up straight and joined the line to fill my plate.

My grandmother returned with Peter.

She smacked my father's side. "You've stressed that poor boy out." She pointed at Darius. "You, too. Both of you need to relax a bit on the poor man." She returned to her place in the kitchen to make sure everyone was fed.

I waited until nearly everyone was seated and eating before shuffling over to my grandma. "Did he?"

She smiled at me. "Take care of him, okay? He's been given a rough hand to play."

"Thank you." I kissed the top of her head.

Taking my plate, she put a big heap of chicken casserole in the middle. "Eat up, and then I better not see you for the rest of the night."

Laughing to myself, I nodded. "Yes, ma'am."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 55K 40
On his first moon, Aden finds a white werewolf with red markings staring back at him in his reflection. He is definitely a sub but with a little extr...
377K 20.5K 34
~Book 6 of the Demon Series Three years, and Ranger has nothing. Not even a trail to follow. He’s wandering blind in rogue territory in search of two...
1.3M 11.3K 11
On his first moon, Aden shifts into a stunning white wolf with red marking, the sign of a perfect sub, the dream of any dominant male. To him, it's a...
561K 26.4K 78
The characters in this story aren't your typical Lycan/Werewolf characters. The storyline also takes a few unexpected twists and turns. Virgil is no...