Chapter 66: Panic Scars (Archer)

"What is this? What happened?" He awkwardly yanked my leg around to examine it.

"It's nothing."

"This is not, nothing!" His eyes frantically searched my body. "Shift."

"Saigon, it's nothing, really. Just a scratch."

"Then, shifting shouldn't be an issue." He smoothed back my fur from the scar on my leg.

Sitting up, I sat cross-legged. "I'm fine."

"Shift," he stated.

"You're overreacting."

Saigon narrowed his eyes at me. "Shift, or I'll search your whole body hair by hair."

My shoulders sank. He was not going to let this go.

Moving onto my knees, I draped my arms over his shoulders. "It's nothing to worry about. I'd rather do other things."

Saigon appeared torn. I smiled and bumped his chin with my nose.

He snatched me and held me out in front of him with a look of betrayal. "You wanted me to mark you."

The tone of his voice told me Saigon had caught on to what I was trying to do. If the scars were gone, he'd have no reason to freak out.

I ran my hand down my face. "It's nothing."

"You were trying to trick me, so I wouldn't know what those bastards did. How could you use me to help them?"

"You're going way overboard right now."

"I am not!" He stood and yanked my legs out from under me. "Shift, now. As your next beta, I'm ordering you."

I chuckled to myself. "What a mess. Saigon, I'm fine."

"Stop stalling and shift."

Shaking my head, I rolled my eyes. The wounds had healed. I'd rather leave it at that than cause Saigon to go on some rampage.

"Fine." He stepped back and folded his arms. "I'm telling your parents."

"You're telling on me?" I exclaimed as he walked toward the door.

"Yep." He gave me an annoyed grin. "I bet Rupert will have something to say. I might let it slip to my grandma that we should bring in a doctor to look at you. One way or another, I will find out what happened, and we will not be having sex until I did. I'm not going to erase the damn proof that every last one of those hunters deserves to die." He threw the door open.

"Saigon, wait. I'll shift." I reached out to him. "Come back. I'll tell you, but you can't freak out."

"I am past freaking out," he stated.

I could tell. The man was on high alert and looked like he might break something.

Shifting forms, I sat on the edge of the bed and put a pillow in my lap. "They only shot me in the leg."

"Only?!" He ran over and examined both of them. His fingers pressed into each old bullet hole. "They shot you?" His breath was becoming labored. "Oh my god, they tried to kill you. They pulled a gun on you." Saigon bolted from the room.

I tried to stop him, but I was currently naked. Shifting forms, I raced down the hallway. Aden and Peter were trying to prevent Saigon from going outside. The neighbors didn't need to witness a huge werewolf running down the street.

"Saigon, stop." I grabbed him around the middle. "Please, sit down, and let's talk about it."

"They shot you," he stated. "Where is Darius? We have to go after them. They're shooting our mates."