Great Loss (a hotchniss story)

By lylovescm

Aaron Hotchner gets some news about one of his members, Emily Prentiss. Little did the team know, he develope... More

background
worry (emily's POV)
feelings (hotch's POV)
truth (emily's POV)
plead (hotch's POV)
confess (emily's POV)
regret (hotch's POV)
rush (emily's POV)
gone (hotch's POV)
the letters
new start (emily's POV)
contemplate (hotch's POV)
anger (emily's POV)
secrets (hotch's POV)
aware (emily's POV)
odd (hotch's POV)
baby & death (emily's POV)
grieve (hotch's POV)
stress (emily's POV)
new life (emily's POV)
Athena (narrator's POV)
unveil
encounter
a blast & its aftermath
trapped
too much?
a moment
family
a question
talks
perfect
epilogue

suspicions (hotch's POV)

829 13 1
By lylovescm

"We'll get them Gideon."

The day after Gideon's funeral, I made it clear to the team that they need to come back soon. We had to find this unsub and I wasn't about to let them get away. We were already behind.

"What do we know?" I ask, looking around at the team. "I know we're grieving but we all want this unsub to be caught."

I look at Spencer who's spaced out. "Reid, what is it?"

Spencer stands up from his seat and looks for something in the pile of papers and pictures. He sees the one he's looking for and walks over to the board. "This. The books from Gideon's shelf. They're not where they're supposed to be."

"Spence? Are you sure?" JJ asks. He nods quickly and turns back to the board, grabbing a marker.

"Look, if you take the first letter of the titles of each book from the first shelf, you get this," he explains.

OUTRIGHT YELLERS

We all gather around the board. "Reid, has Gideon mentioned anything like that?" Morgan asks.

Reid shakes his head. "Garcia, look for anything that relates to Outright Yellers," I demand.

We were getting to nothing. And time went by fast. I asked Strauss to not put us on any case because the team determined to find Gideon's killer.

"Sir, I think I found something. A website, that has the phrase all over, nothing else," Garcia states.

I look back while staring at the board. "Tra —," I'm cut off.

"I'm already tracing it Sir. Wait. NO NO NO NO, not now," she shouts.

Morgan and I walk over to see that the website disappeared from her laptop screen. "What happened mama?" Morgan asks.

"The...the...website was taken down, but I found the name to whoever created the website." She gasps. "Oh my God, the name is Jason Gideon."

I move closer to the computer. "Created two days ago."

"But how could that be? He's dead," JJ mumbles.

Rossi walks over. "He's being framed by our unsub, which means they knew that we were coming."

"It's personal?" Penelope asks. "Does that mean...whoever this is...might be coming for us?"

I sigh. "Take a break everyone, we've been at this for too long."

"I'm ordering food, we're going to be here for a while," Rossi says. Everyone walks out of the room, as they tell Rossi what their orders. Reid stays behind.

"Reid?"

"It's an anagram," Spencer says, facing me. He takes the cap off the marker and begins writing.

YOU'LL REGRET THIS

I walk over towards him. "Okay, we can finish after. Go tell Rossi what you want and we'll come back to this."

He nods and begins to walk out. "Do you want anything?"

"I'm fine with anything," I say. He gives a little thumbs up and walks out to where the rest of the team is.

I walk out too and I head to my office. I close the door and I sit down the couch. I take off my suit jacket and I lay my head back. I close my eyes.

Near the kitchen area is Rossi and Penelope. "Do you think we should tell Hotch about Beth?"

Rossi sighs. "They're over, I don't think he needs to know."

Penelope raises her eyebrows and hits Rossi on the arm. "Shut up shut up, why didn't you tell me?!"

"Because it wasn't necessary Penelope." Rossi taps her cheek.

Garcia looks at my office door. "I'm still telling him and you can't stop me."

"Do what you must," Rossi sighs. Garcia walks towards the door.

I hear a knock. "Come in."

"Sir...there's something you need to —," she looks at me as I'm laying on the couch. "I can come back later."

I sit up and I tighten my tie, grabbing my jacket and putting it on and heading towards my seat. "It's fine. What is it Garcia?"

Penelope shuffled towards the seat and she begins to fidget. "Spit it out."

"Um...Sir...when you introduced to Beth to us —,"she starts.

I keep eye contact with her. "Me and Beth aren't seeing each other anymore."

"Oh I know, Rossi told me," she gasps and covers her mouth. "He wasn't supposed to say anything, was he?"

She continues. "I was suspicious."

"Garcia don't tell me you looked into her?" I raise my eyebrow.

"I — I didn't Sir, but I looked at the security cameras when you went after her," Penelope whispers. "She had a gun."

I sit up straight in my chair. "Are you sure about that?"

She nods her head. "Rossi was with me when we saw on the camera."

I walk towards the door and open it. Rossi is talking to the rest of the team. "Dave can I talk to you?"

He nods. He mumbles something to the team and hands them something, money to pay for the food.

After a couple moments, Rossi walks in and closes the door. "I know what you're going to say. I should've told you."

"Dave why didn't you?" I asked.

"Because... I thought she was protecting herself, that's what women have to do now," he explains. "She probably thought that you were a stranger."

"That's not the only thing we found from the cameras," Garcia interrupts. "We saw you running up the stairs and you dropped something from the jacket."

Garcia gives Rossi a glance. "We checked what fell and we saw that it was a microphone."

I shift slightly in my seat. "A microphone?"

"But Sir, we broke it once we found out what it was."

I nod in agreement.

"Was Beth stalking me?"

Penelope and Dave are whispering, they notice I'm looking at them. "Aaron, do you think Beth could be the unsub?"

I think deep. "Maybe, we can't rule her out though. Let's gather the team and we'll discuss more."

After an hour break, we get together in the round table room once again. We catch up the team about the anagram and Beth.

"Okay, so what? Are we saying this unsub could be Beth?" JJ asks. "Hotch, what's wrong?"

Heads face me as I stare at the floor. I close my eyes and I remember the night Beth and I went out. She said something to me.

She said you'll regret this.

I open my eyes to bodies around me.

"Hotch have you gotten sleep?" Morgan asks. "You looked like you fell asleep."

"I was thinking. Beth said something to me before we parted ways. She said... you'll regret this," I say.

Spencer walks to the board and points to the phrase. "Guys, it's gotta be her. It has to be."

We all take a seat. "So let's say the unsub is Beth. That means she murdered Jason Gideon. But why?"

Footsteps approach the door. Anderson walks in. "Sir...this was left for you by a messenger."

It was a yellow envelope with my name on it. It said CONFIDENTIAL in top left corner. I open it and the only thing in it is a piece of paper.

I look up at everyone who's eyeing me closely. I read it out loud.

"To Aaron Hotchner,
I know you're reading this to your team. At this point, you know who did this.
You know, I loved you. And us meeting at the bar was not an accident. I bet you never knew I was capable of doing this.

XOXO,
Your Favorite Girl, B"

"She's a real psycho," Penelope says. "And I searched her up and she's not Beth Davis. Well actually I can't find her. Out of all the Beth Davis's in the world, she's not one of them, her face is not there."

Rossi sips his coffee, "So...she lied. I'm not surprised because she's the biggest bitch I've ever seen."

Snickers go around the room. "Dave..."

"Sorry. We're all stressed and we need a laugh," he explains to me. "And I accomplished my goal."

"We need to rest. We've been at this for a while. Back here tomorrow," I declare.

Nods arise and we begin to pack up our things. Everyone leaves before me as I finish paperwork. I walk to my car before I'm stopped by a man in all black. I reach for my gun.

"You don't want to do that," the man says.

I put my gun back into its holder and he begins to talk. "I'm just another messenger. She said not to look for her and if you do, she'll do something even worse."

He walks away and I dash to my car. I lock it and I drive home.

What was Beth capable of? We needed to know more.

I get home and I get ready for bed. Jack is at Jessica's so I'm the only one at home.

I get in bed and I fall asleep.

"Watch your back Aaron Hotchner. You don't know what I'm capable of," a voice says.

We're in a building. Dark and mysterious. The team is finding Beth to arrest her.

"BETH, come out," I say. I motion to the team to stay advised for what's in front of us.

We're suddenly attacked by men with rifles. We hide behind walls. We attack back and they're dead.

A figure is at the end of the hall. I run towards it before I trip on a wire, ending with me falling.

Doors close and a voice calls out. "HOTCH!"

I wake up drenched in sweat. It's still dark outside. Around 5 in the morning.

That voice sounded so familiar.

Emily?

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
Author's Note:
hey long time since i've posted. ive been really busy and i had no motivation to write, my head kept going blank and it was not good. i need to make up for it soon so maybe today or tomorrow, the next part might go up.
school in general has been kicking my butt, im behind in math RIP. n e ways, i hope everyone's doing amazing!
this chapter is kind of boring but imma bounce back with the next part!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.8K 1.2K 21
Emily and Aaron have always had hidden feelings for each other. But, Emily is already in a committed relationship with Andrew Mendoza. What happens w...
336K 6.8K 21
Y/N begins to work at the BAU and is instantly interested in Aaron Hotchner. After several years and many crazy events, they try to work out their tr...
5.9K 116 12
This is a Jeid, Hotchniss, and Morcia story. If you don't like one of the ships don't read. *Completed*
1.4K 58 11
โ ๐๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐๐š๐ฆ๐ง ๐ฌ๐จ๐›๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ โž After another argument, Emily and Aaron decided to break...