Porcelain

Od Inconvenient_Ideal

An unwilling dancer enrols into the Opera Populaire troop. But things get a little complicated with her on of... Viac

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47

15

5.6K 216 13
Od Inconvenient_Ideal

"It is so good to see you up and about again, Fleurette." Felix said while giving the redhead a loose hug. He was roughly the same height as Erik, maybe a few inches shorter, but Fleurette's form quite easily got enveloped by his arms and lost in the comfort of the embrace.

"It's good to be moving about again. Three days of laying around really took a toll on me." She replied while pulling back, it didn't do any good to get too comfortable there.

"I never knew you had it in you to be so lazy!" The brown haired man exclaimed laughing a little. He was joking, all in good humour. He knew how the youngest sister could be, and she definitely wasn't lazy.

"She can be very lazy when she wants to be." Eleanor stated with a certain nod. Though the expression on her face was one of pure sarcastic humour. She just joined in with the joke, watching her sister huff and pout in equal parts to both of their words and statements.

"What is with this teaming up on me?" Fleurette asked dramatically. "That is not fair, I am not well remember."

"You look well enough to me." Felix said while looking at Eleanor as she nodded. "If I hadn't seen you sleeping in the hospital bed then I would not think there was anything wrong with you."

"He is right, you look well."

"I was only unconscious." Fleurette stated with a growing frown. Lord above, she remembered how infuriating these two could be when together. They were the same person, she swore. She had never met two people who were more alike than the pair in front of her. Though a small part of her was touched that she had had more than one visitor, and someone was there to comfort her sister in her moments of grief.

"For three days."

"Saying that really doesn't make it any better." Fleurette murmured while crossing her arms and slouching back in her chair. With permission Felix was allowed to stay for a little bit after the show just to see the sisters. This made Eleanor ecstatic, but made Fleurette a little reserved.

"How long are you going to be out of action for then?" Felix asked while leaning his arms against the table in front of him. "Eleanor looks ever so slightly lonely dancing up there without you."

"She's in a group."

"Even so, that group is minus her sister isn't it?" Felix said simply. Fleurette just stared at him and sighed quickly. There went trying to contradict any words he had, Felix apparently just had an answer for anything she would throw his way, and that was annoying.

"It could be between a week or a month." Eleanor said answering his earlier question. It was clear that Fleurette wasn't going to so she may as well be the one to answer it. Eleanor did look sadly at Fleurette, the time gap was so varied and Fleurette loved dancing, missed it so terribly; she could understand why answering Felix's question would be painful. A week was one thing, and a month, or months if it turned into a longer period, no, that would be too much for Fleurette to utter.

"I'm going to leave you two and go and sleep."

"Oh wow, you're actually going to go to sleep at a normal time?" Eleanor questioned and suffered a playful glare from her sister. "Good night, little flower."

"Yes, good night, Fleurette."

"Night you two," she smiled and shuffled off as quickly as she could. In all honesty she wasn't tired. She just wanted to get away from the two of them, she didn't mean that in a nasty way. It just pained her a little to be in their company. Picking up the skirt of her dark blue dress and walking slowly down a set of stairs, putting her other hand against the wall she trailed it along as she made her way down. Looking up when the air got damper and an eerie fog floated around her feet, she sighed.

Stopping at the edge of the horrid dark lake, Fleurette squinted her eyes. The boat wasn't on this side and she could clearly see it standing opposite to her. She hadn't properly thought this plan through. She had no way of getting to the other side without the boat. Looking around, she couldn't see any other visible way of getting across. Although she couldn't really see much of anything, the darkness down here was so thick.

Cupping her hands over her mouth she took in a lungful of oxygen and shouted. She giggled when she heard something get dropped. "Sorry, Erik! Am I intruding?!" She shouted after she had initially shouted his name to get his attention. There was no answer but the eerie sound of water moving steadily against something.

Soon the shape of the small boat could be seen through the motionless fog. "What are you doing down here?" Erik questioned simply, "I thought you were having fun talking to everyone." Though he didn't sound bitter, there was a biting undertone and wariness to his voice and words.

"I like talking to you more though. So hence why I'm here." Fleurette smiled and rocked on her heels. "I am intruding, aren't I? I can go, don't worry."

"No," Erik said quickly and then looked a little embarrassed for answering so quickly. "You're here now. And so am I, come on." He put the large pole which he used as an oar to the side and held his hands out to her.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." Erik sighed and clutched onto her hands when she placed them in his. Easily helping her onto the boat he let her hands go so she could sit down. Using the pole to push away from the stony shore he took to steering the boat to the other side.

"Wait a minute! How did you know I was upstairs talking to people?"

"Fleurette you seem to forget that I've made it my livelihood to be everywhere yet nowhere." Erik stated simply while jumping out of the boat and pulling it onto the stones. Holding out a hand he helped Fleurette climb out and stand beside him.

"What were you doing before I intruded?"

"You didn't intrude." Fleurette crossed her arms and looked up at him not believing his words. "Maybe you did a little."

"I did say I could go." She reminded him and walked lightly around, even though she'd already explored his home she wanted to do it again. His home really did interest her, she appeared walking out of an alcove soon after she set off. Erik had sat down and crossed his arms over his white shirt watching her. She smiled innocently and walked over and sat in a chair near to his.

"What brings you down here?"

"Well I may have lied to Eleanor and said I was actually going to rest."

"But instead you come here and take to exploring my home again?" Erik raised an eyebrow at her and smiled lightly. Fleurette nodded happily, there wasn't even any point in denying it. "Continue," he waved a hand at her and leaned his arms against his knees.

"I'm not tired, I've been sleeping for three days how can I be tired?"

"The human body works in strange ways."

"Yes, that is true." She nodded and wrapped her arms around herself loosely.

"Are you cold?"

"No, no I'm fine."

"Has anyone ever told you, you are a terrible liar?" Erik resisted rolling his eyes, even from where he was sitting, he could see her slightly shiver. Truth be told, it was cold down here, there was just a natural chill that hung in the air. Spending so many years down here, Erik just grown accustomed to it, immune even. It was of no surprise someone else would get cold down here, especially someone who was healing.

"No."

"You are a terrible liar." Erik smiled and stood up, he disappeared somewhere. Fleurette shook her head. She thought she was a rather decent liar, it was bad to admit that she prided herself slightly on the fact that people couldn't tell when she was lying or not. She jumped when something got placed over her shoulders. Looking at herself, she looked at the familiar black suit jacket and then up at the owner. Erik smiled faintly and walked past the chair she was sitting in and sat back down in the chair he was previously occupying. Fleurette wriggled her arms into the jacket and looked at her hands. Or where her hands should be, all that could be seen was an engulfing sleeve. "So you thought you'd come down here instead of returning to your room and continuing reading?" Erik questioned, Fleurette stopped trying to find her hands within the spacious sleeves of the jacket and nodded.

"Can I admit something to you?" She questioned quietly while leaning forward a little bit. Erik looked at her sceptically. "It's nothing bad honest!" She smiled reassuringly, he looked a little relieved but still had a hesitant expression. Fleurette fidgeted and nodded slowly finally deciding on her words. "I don't really like the thought of you being down here on your own without anyone to talk to." She spoke honestly while looking down at the stony ground, suddenly deciding it was extremely interesting to look at. "I mean...you visit people but no one visits you." Fleurette said while twiddling her fingers.

"That's because no one particularly wants to talk to me." Erik stated bluntly, Fleurette flinched a little at his tone and looked slowly at him. "Apart from you." She smiled at this and nodded. "You truly are the most naïvest person I know." Erik shook his head, Fleurette pouted childishly and crossed her arms. "Looking at me like that just further proves my point is correct."

She shook her head and stood up. Fleurette pulled a face and looked down at herself, all thoughts of trying to contradict his words gone from her head at the sight of herself. "I don't believe your jacket goes too well with my dress." She said while noting that the jacket stopped just below mid-thigh and actually hid a lot of it away under black material.

Erik made a thoughtful sound and nodded agreeing with her. Standing up he walked over to her, "I think you are right."

"Do you know what I miss most about what happened?" Fleurette asked referencing to her accident. Erik shook his head, "Being out of dancing for I don't know how long."

"How long are you out for?"

"A week or a month." She sighed sadly and then looked up at him with a smile.

Erik looked at her confused and took a step back. "Why are you looking at me like that?" She had this speculating expression on her face, and the fact she was looking him and down too just made his stomach twist. He didn't like it, not one bit. Though he had long since figured Fleurette meant no harm, wouldn't harm him, it was just a natural reaction and a fight or flight tendency he thought he'd stamped out years ago.

"Erik," Fleurette said while holding her hands out to him. "Will you dance with me?"

"We do not have any music." He stated, Fleurette's smile and hands still remained aimed at him.

"I'm sure someone as musically talented as yourself can hear music playing in your mind." Fleurette said simply while still smiling. She wriggled her fingers and smiled even more when he hesitantly put his hands in hers.

It was a strange sight to see two people dancing without music. Fleurette was happy to actually be moving around. Being told to keep resting annoyed her to no end. She understood she needed to rest, she wasn't a fool...those moments may still be around, but she knew she had to rest. She just...got bored. Everyone had something else to do, or someone else to be around. None, other than Eleanor to a point, stuck with her. Meg did, yes, but even she still went flitting off. Most of the time her resting had been spent in solitude, and it was driving her nuts. Surely remaining stationary too for more time wasn't a good idea? Surely she needed to do light exercise to get back into life and the routines which come with it?

"Thank you." She looked up at Erik who seemed to still be getting used to the idea of dancing. She didn't want to point out his awkwardness because that'd just cause him to shy away from her.

"You're very easily amused."

"I know!" She laughed and leaned her head against his shoulder. Quietly she yawned and suddenly got put at arm's length. Erik's expression was a bit stony, blank even as he looked her over. Fleurette just smiled lightly, it seemed like he too was going to be as bad as Eleanor. The slightest sign of being tired...and oh, he was clearly going to comment, maybe push rest on her too like her sister.

"You are tired. After you say you're not, clearly you are." Erik said simply while looking down at her. Erik was a little curious to see how she'd try and worm out of this one, because he knew by now she may try, or just be honest with him; it wasn't like he couldn't clearly see when she tried to fib.

Fleurette frowned lightly and shrugged. "Maybe I lied a little." She admitted, Erik rolled his eyes and moved away from her and towards the boat. Fleurette twirled around and looked at him. "Can I stay here for the night?" She questioned, her words caused him to falter to a stop. Turning slowly he looked at her seriously, Fleurette played with the ends of the jacket sleeves. She hadn't taken the jacket off because it was actually rather cold down here. The item of clothing was warm, clearly he himself hadn't taken it off too long before she appeared. But there was comfort in that, there was also comfort in the scent of it, ink, pages, the chill of the air and something that was just Erik.

Erik walked up to her slowly and stopped a little in front of her. "You wish to stay here...for a night?" He had to clarify that he had actually heard her right. He did look shocked, he couldn't help but look at her with wide eyes. This was something which had never been asked of him, and yes that was purely because no one ever came here. Even Christine wanted out as quickly as she could...

"Don't sound so shocked, I did it before!"

"Yes, but you didn't exactly opt for that." Erik said a little distant. Blinking and looking down at her he shook his head. "If you wish to. Then yes." How could he decline her offer, say no when she was looking at him with such wide eyes, she was clearly imploring him. Erik could see in her someone who didn't want to return up top, because she'd be alone. Erik understood the need and want to avoid loneliness.

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Yay," Fleurette clapped her hands together happily. Erik raised an eyebrow at her trying to actually pinpoint why it made her happy. While he was trying to figure out the source of her happiness, he turned and looked at the redhead when she had taken to sitting in front of the organ and playing it slowly.

Walking over he sat beside her and watched as her small hands glided over the black and white keys. Fleurette had some talent when it came to playing, she just needed a lot of practise to refine it. Reaching up and placing a hand to the instrument Erik took to playing a little tune. His eyes looked at Fleurette sidewards when she copied him on another part of the organ.

"That's just showing off!" Fleurette exclaimed and crossed her arms. He smiled and removed his hands from the organ. He had just played, in her eyes, an impossible tune to mimic.

"It isn't."

"Yes, it is." Fleurette pouted and wagged a finger at him. "How could I possibly try and copy that?"

"Give me your hands." Erik said simply, Fleurette rolled her eyes and held her hands out to him. Holding lightly onto them, he placed them against the keys. Slowly and gently pressing down on her fingers Erik took to making Fleurette play the previous song he had just played. "See it isn't impossible for you to copy it."

"But you are helping me." Fleurette stated while nodding down at her hands which were under his and still getting made to play the organ.

Erik looked at her and removed his hands from hers. "Fine," he answered bluntly, reaching down he put one of her hands against the keys, he put his near hers. "Watch and copy." He said while slowly playing the organ. Once he'd finished he looked at Fleurette who slowly tried to copy what he'd played. Shaking his head when she got it wrong he quickly replayed it. Fleurette, with a very determined look, tried again. She grinned happily when she finally got it right, even if she played it a lot slower than he originally did. "You're a very good student." Erik stated while standing up from the organ and going over to his desk.

"I am?" Fleurette sounded almost confused. That was something that she hadn't heard for a long while, if at all. Fleurette couldn't even remember the last time someone had said that to her, or praised her for her work in fact. From his sitting position he nodded. Picking up a piece of paper and a pen he continued to write what he was writing before her appearance. "How so?" She questioned, "Also, can I sit here and play some more?"

"Yes. You do not need to ask for permission."

"I do because this is not mine to play." Fleurette looked down at the organ and placed her hands back against the keys.

"You are a good student because you pick things up quickly." Erik said while looking up from the paper and at Fleurette who nodded and quietly sat playing. Looking down at the paper he stood up and walked back over. Sitting next to her he placed the paper on the music stand on the organ. "Try that."

"You just wrote this?"

"Yes, well I just finished it actually."

"Wow," Fleurette said a little breathlessly. "Will you play it?"

"No." Erik said while crossing his arms loosely. Fleurette looked disheartened. "You can though."

"Oh, no. No I cannot play something which you've just finished writing! That's your job as the composer."

"But what if I say I wanted you to play it? How could you deny that?" Fleurette rolled her eyes and looked over the paper. Erik smiled at her sudden defeat, slowly but surely she raised her hands and placed her fingers against the keys.

"If I butcher this, you cannot be mad at me. After all you should play it first and not me." Fleurette said in a matter of fact tone, Erik just looked at her and then at the sheet of music. She laughed quietly and shook her head. "Fine, fine but I did warn you." She said with a smile, her smile dropped a little as she started to concentrate in playing the music in front of her. Erik sat beside her unmoving like a statue, yet every so often he would look at Fleurette and her concentrating expression. Eventually the song came to an end and Fleurette put her hands in her lap. "It's lovely." She paused, "Although I don't think I bought it much justice."

"You played it brilliantly."

"You're just saying that." Fleurette crossed her arms and looked at him. Erik shook his head and looked at her. "Can I ask you something?"

"You shall anyway." Erik said simply, he found it a little funny how Fleurette now asked for permission for her to ask a question. Although in truth he had slowly got used to her curious nature, she was right. Asking questions was a huge part of her character.

"Can I come down here sometimes?" She asked slowly, Erik looked at her and stood up. Putting a hand to his chin in thought he turned and looked at her. Fleurette slowly stood up from the organ bench and straightened her skirt out.

"You wish to come down here whenever you want?"

"Well I wouldn't say it quite like that. More when I am on break, or have a day off can I come down and visit you?" Fleurette played with the sleeves of the jacket and took a few steps forward. "You can say no, it's fine. I mean...it would be invading your space, wouldn't it? You know, just forget I even asked." She smiled faintly and nodded, she didn't want to make him feel more awkward and uncomfortable than he clearly already was.

Erik looked at her seriously and lowered his hand and held it at his side. "I am trying to figure out why someone would freely want to come down here into the dark." He said, he sounded so thoughtful and frowned lightly as he looked at her with a confused expression.

Fleurette shook her head and smiled at him. "You are silly, Erik!" She laughed and skipped forward to stand in front of him. "Because you are here!" Fleurette said obviously while smiling up at him.

He looked a little taken back by her words and frowned. "Because I am here?" He repeated quietly, Fleurette nodded and put her hands in the jacket pockets. She didn't speak or answer mainly because it looked like he was having a mental debate with himself. It clearly looked like he was trying to figure everything out and make sense of her words. She didn't honestly mean to partially confuse him.

——

Reedited: 10/Jan/2022

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

47.2K 2.4K 15
Four years after the burning of the Opera Populaire, a young English woman pursues the mystery surrounding the phantom of the opera.
78.6K 2.6K 58
A Phantom of the Opera fan falls into a world that she can partially recognize from her favorite movie. She has the chance to save the Phantom for hi...
32.7K 957 26
When a young girl falls into the world of The Phantom of the Opera she soon finds herself becoming a dancer of the Opera Populaire. But soon her adve...
31K 1K 21
Erik thought he had seen all weirdness and cruelty of the world. Well until he meets a chorus member who changes everything with an odd twist. She wi...