A What Now? A Nightmare X Rea...

By Kitti_alt

HEY there will be cussing in this - you have been warned. This is my first ever Undertale-related thing, and... More

Chapter One, I guess.
Chapter 2: How to Save a Blueberry...?
Chapter 4: Brothers, huh?
Chapter 5: Differences
Chapter 6: I'm Going to Kidnap Senpai~
Chapter 7: Nightmare's Castle
Chapter 8: Lunch With The Bad Sanses
Chapter 9: Selfie
Chapter 10: Unique
Chapter 11: Bite
Chapter 12: Jars
Chapter 13: Talents and Ideas
This is a Message from Author-chan.
Chapter 14: The Forbidden Room
Chapter 15: Smol Bean
Chapter 16: Forever... soon
Chapter 17: Waking Up
Chapter 18: Of My Very Own
Chapter 19: To Protect and To Recall
Chapter 20: The Epilouge
Thank You
Quick Announcement

Chapter 3: Never Went to Swim Class

2.8K 99 204
By Kitti_alt

The next two days were okay, Mom was upset with me about that call from the Principal, and she was even more upset when I explained to her what happened. And by upset, I mean she was enraged. But, being the Queen of the monsters meant that she had to set a good example, so she couldn't go and hound the Principal about his wrongdoings. It's a shame really, it sounds like it'd be a fun thing to watch.

I spent most of those two days hanging out with Blue and Paps and meeting their AU friends. It was interesting. After the craziness was over, I kind of shrank back into shy (Y/N) and was pretty quiet. I could tell Ink and Dream were suprised. I think that was good for me, though. I wasn't nearly as quiet as I was back when I first met the skelebros.

Blue and Paps introduced me to other Sanses and Papyruses, like the Classics, the Fells, (we were all a bit on edge for that one. I'm not sorry.) and also a pair of skeletons from a universe called Swapfell. Now that was interesting. 

Once the weekend was over, it was Monday again, and I woke up before my alarm again. So just like on Friday, I got up, dressed and grabbed a Pop-Tart on my way out. I had made a few notes in advance, so I just stuck one to the fridge where Mom would see it.

It was gonna be a looong day at school, and there was no doubt in my mind that Ms. Blondie would find a way to make it hell. Her and her cheerleading team. I wondered idly what her tactics would be this week. Would she send snarky text messages and spread nasty lies about me? Or would she come right out and beat me up again. She seemed to have an endless supply of tricks and sneaky moves to remind me that I'm not worth the air it takes to keep me alive. Not that I need the reminder.

I kept walking, oblivious to the footsteps approaching from behind. I was about to realize that I was only half right about Ms. Blondie making my day hell. I wasn't going to make it to school.

I felt them before I heard them. They slammed into me, and I felt at least a dozen hands lifting me up. I started thrashing and screaming, but I wasn't strong enough to make them drop me.I could hear their laughter, and I knew I was done for. Then I heard those terrible words:

"I hope you're up for a swim, (Y/N)!!"

No. No no no no nonononono

"NOO!!" I screamed as loudly as I could, "NO! Please! I can't swim! Let me go!"

The girls carrying me just laughed, and in my struggling, I caught sight of the lake. I'm about to die, I thought. I kept screaming and struggling, until I felt gravity taking me down, and I hit the water.

FWOOM!

That was the sound I heard when I hit. I thrashed, seeking upward, and surfaced, still thrashing. I gasped for air, despreately trying to stay above the water. I couldn't call for help, not that there was anyone near enough to save me. I was going to die in this lake and no one was ever going to find me.

I kept struggling, but the water was cold and it numbed my muscles. My arms and legs got heavy and I took one last breath as I sank down, unable to struggle any longer. I held my breath as long as I could, but my human lungs were weak. Just like everything else about me. These were my last thoughts as my vision went dark.

Before I went unconcious, I felt something wrap around my waist. 

Then I was gone.

________________________________________________________________________________

[Nightmare P.O.V]

I pulled the human out of the water where the others had left them to die. They had put up a good fight, but not good enough. It's not suprising that they couldn't swim. I set them on the grass, flicking one of my other tentacles at Cross.

He immediately stepped forward and rolled the human onto their side, and opened their mouth, making sure their airways were clear. He then rolled the human onto their back and started performing CPR. Don't ask me how he's able to do that. None of the rest of us know either.

The human's lips were blue when I pulled them out, and I wasn't sure if Cross's efforts were going to do any good, but after a bit, the human regained conciousness, coughing and pushing Cross away as they leaned over and puked up all the water that had gotten in their lungs. Luckily for Cross, they had woken during chest compressions, so he didn't get punched in the face. Not that it would really hurt him, based of the human's weak performance before. Cross would probably feel guilty though, if the human broke their hand on his face after already almost dying.

As soon as they were done puking, the human flipped themself back onto their back and looked at us. They then threw their arm across their eyes and groaned.

"How many more of you are there?"

Dust and Killer snickered, and I shot them a warning glare. They ignored me, as usual. The human glared at them too, sending their snickers into full-blown laughter. The human just sighed and stood up. Well, tried to. They immediately fell back onto their butt, sending Dust and Killer into a howling fit.

"Oh, shut up!" they told them, getting th their feet again, slower this time. "I deal with enough ridicule without you guys laughing at me too." The two idiots ignored them, and they just rolled their eyes and turned to leave."Yeah, fuck this shit," they muttered.

"What, not even a thank you?"

The human turned around when I spoke. I could see them examining me, but instead of the disgusted look I expected, they raised an eyebrow.

"Why would I thank you? You didn't really do me a favor."

I blinked. That was not the response I expected. Then again, now that I was paying attention, they did seem to have a subtle kind of negativity around them. They seemed to be skilled in masking it. They must have been, if I didn't notice it until then.

"Well, we did just save your life-"

"Oh, what a favor that was." Heavy sarcasm. And they cut me off. Who did this little human think they were?

"You saved my life," they continued, "so I'll have to play hooky all day, and after school I'll have to pretend someone didn't try to murder me so that I'm not a burden to the only people who treat me decently, and I'll have to keep spending my days dealing with a bunch of bullshit from a bunch of spoiled, immature little brats who wouldn't know suffering or pain if it kicked them in the balls-!"

They stopped, catching their breath. I was stunned for a moment; the surge of negativity I felt when they flew off like that had really caught me off guard.

"So thank you so much for allowing my suffering to continue," the venom in their voice made even me flinch. "I really appreciate it."

They stalked away, carrying their negativity with them. I had to say I was intruged by this human. I teleported so that I was walking beside them.

"So, what's your name?"

They looked at me incredulously, not slowing down. "Nunya."

I blinked. "Nunya?"

This earned me a smirk from the human, who was now looking dead ahead. "Nunya business."

I chuckled. "Spunky. I like it."

Finally, they stopped and turned toward me, irritated. "Why are you following me?"

I just shrugged. "You seem interesting and I've got nothing better to do? It doesn't seem like you're going to go to school after those cheerleaders dumped you in the lake, anyway."

They looked at me for a second, then they huffed and kept walking. I kept following, not worrying about where the idiots went. They knew better than to get into trouble in this AU, especially since Dust had a crush on Blue. At least, they should have known better. That didn't mean they would stay out of trouble.

We reached where I can only assume was the place the cheerleaders found them, because there's a backpack on the ground, along with a smashed package of Pop-Tarts. As they picked up their things, I decided to keep asking questions.

"So, who was Regina? I assume she was the leader of that whole shenanigan, with that bleached-blonde mean girl look."

The human snickered, glancing at me. "I usually just call her Regina, myself. But technically her name is Jessica Morgan Rae Ann Bertram. She's a spoiled brat who gets everything she wants."

Their voice got more and more bitter as they spoke. That girl must have been their main bully. Poor thing. It's even worse when your bully is the town's little angel, I know. Shut up Nighmare, stop sympathizing with this random human.

I shook my head. I can't afford to be soft, I told myself. Still, there's no harm in hanging out for a bit. The Stars are busy helping get things ready for Ink and Error's wedding, so they won't notice.

I continued to follow the human for a bit. After a few minutes the spoke to me.

"Tell you what, you tell me your name and where you're from, and I'll tell you my name. You already know I'm from here, so that's down payment."

I laughed. "My name is Nightmare, and I'm from Dreamtale. It's a pleasure to make your aquaintence."

(I just want to apologise to anyone who might happen to have any of the names used for Miss Blondie, I just pulled random stuff out of my head for that.)

Love, Author-chan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

326K 9.1K 49
[I have decided to do what I always wanted 😄😄]:some people put warnings for these so.....CHILD ABUSE IS DISCUSSED You were, thought to be mute and...
8K 92 44
Hello! Welcome to this book. I won't really spoil this book really because that would make the book, erm... predictable, and such... I do NOT OWN Wol...
22.4K 736 29
You were an average kid, somewhat having a older mind than most of your classmates. you had always been into the undertale fandom, and even knew almo...
39.7K 1.2K 31
(First wrote this on Quotev loll) Humans and Monsters. Most people despise monsters, but not you. In fact, you fell in love with one. A king. And a H...