The World Ends With You

By lannoureux

"The world ends with you; it's only as big or small as you let it be. Your world can be as little as your blo... More

Front Matter
A Very Short Prologue
Chapter 1: Redux
Chapter 2: A Certain Vending Machine
Chapter 3: Detention
Chapter 4: Her Final Target
Chapter 5: Mall Rats
Chapter 6: A Girl's Tears
Chapter 7: Nami's Repose
Chapter 8: Pirate Empress
Chapter 9: Six Feet Under
Chapter 10: Moments Before
Chapter 11: The Ultra-Cruel Truth
Chapter 12: Crumbs and Clues
Chapter 13: Cat Burglar X Pirate Empress
Chapter 14: Battle Royale
Chapter 15: Hell is Empty
Chapter 16: The Hyena
Chapter 17: The Parting
Chapter 18: Friends, Brothers and Sister
Chapter 19: News Flash
Chapter 20: Two Warlords' Repose
Chapter 21: Awake
Chapter 22: Brave New World
Chapter 23: Invitation
Chapter 24: Fire Fist and Nailing
Chapter 25: A Dress to Impress
Chapter 26: The Day That Wasn't (Part I)
Chapter 27: The Day That Wasn't (Part II)
Chapter 28: The Day That Wasn't (Part III)
Chapter 29: The Day That Was
Chapter 30: The Flying Six
Chapter 31: Item
Chapter 32: Before the Big Day
Chapter 33: Blood Moon Waltz
Chapter 34: After'party'
Chapter 35: Such Misfortune
Chapter 36: The Unanswerable Question
Chapter 37: A New Day
Chapter 38: Under The Blue Sky
Chapter 39: Preparations
Chapter 40: Forefront Exhibition Festival I
Chapter 41: Forefront Exhibition Festival II
Chapter 41.5
Chapter 42: Official
Chapter 43: The Last Choice
Chapter 44: Does It Bother Me?
Chapter 45: What Plan?
Chapter 46: In the Library
Chapter 47: Three Stories
Chapter 48: According to Plan
Chapter 49: In The End
Chapter 50: Silver Bell Ball (Part I)
Chapter 51: Silver Bell Ball (Part II)
Chapter 52: Silver Bell Ball (Part III)
Chapter 53: Another Day
Chapter 54: Infinite Possibilities
Chapter 55: It's A Date
«SPECIAL» Chapter 56: A Certain Magical Christmas
ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Chapter 32.5

352 10 0
By lannoureux

IT WAS THE hours after school when students must be at their homes doing homework or resting. And yet, a certain boy had a distressed expression on his face while three of his friends watched him go around in circles.

"I need help...!!!"

It wasn't usual for him to ask for help, given that he was the leader of their 'crew', but this was different. Of course, what would he know about what a normal guy would?!

He wouldn't know what Sanji knew about ladies.

He wouldn't know what Zoro knew about swordsmanship and wine tasting.

He wouldn't know where Jinbe got his words whenever he speaks ever-so-wise.

His problem arrived earlier, but later than he expected; Nami asking him out to the dance despite him having already going with Boa Hancock. The fact frustrated him not only because he felt he was being punctured by those imaginary needles Nami had when he refused, but with the fact that he saw her put up a front.

Again.

Did he do something wrong?

"Luffy, calm down." Sanji comically sweatdropped as Luffy had his hands on his messy mane.

Jinbe hummed. "You should take a rest, Luffy. Tomorrow's the dance and–"

"That's the problem!"

The three helpers exchanged confused glances. "What?"

They were sitting on the couch in his dorm because apparently, Luffy showed no intention of letting him go home that night. So, they had their party clothes with them at the moment and they were already in their 'pyjamas'. Well, Sanji was.

Zoro was comfortably laying on the couch as if he owned the place while Jinbe was sitting albeit more properly yet also relaxed. Sanji, on the other hand, was sitting cross-legged on the floor whole sucking on a lollipop he found on top of the fridge.

"Luffy, you're lucky enough to have Nami-san ask you out to the dance," the blonde chef said calmly but his voice seemed to break further down. "not to mention...you're going out with the Pirate Empress herself!!! While me...?"

"Yeah, yeah, shut your hole ero-cook. We get the idea."

With that, Jinbe remained calm amidst the shoutings from either side of his face. "But Luffy, why are you so worried?"

"I dunno,"

Simple: because Nami was his friend. Did he need another reason to find a way to cheer her up?

"But she looked so disappointed when I told her 'no'."

The three then have their eyes locked on Luffy who was now on the floor, his elbow supporting his head up. He had the face that one would subconsciously show when feeling sincerely worried about something; and that fact alone troubled the three of them.

Sanji had a vague idea in his head.

Jinbe could deduce what it was.

Zoro knew what it was, but in Nami's side.

"..."

"Do you...like....Nami-san?"

"Of course I do," Luffy immediately retorted. "she's my friend."

"No, not like that." Sanji scoffed as he already knew what he was going to say. "...like, do you like her as more than a friend?"

"Sabo talked about that stuff with Ace often...but I don't really know what you're trying to say."

"What he meant, idiot captain, was that do you feel butterflies in your stomach whenever you see that witch?"

Luffy blinked. "No."

They let out relieved sighs.

"But I don't like how my chest becomes, I dunno, heavy."

At that, Sanji almost collapsed. He, for one, knew exactly the cause of that sensation his numb friend was experiencing.

"Wait..."

"You mean..."

"Only around Nami-san?"

Luffy answered with a firm nod; it was his confession, simplified by a few confused remarks that demanded answers.

At the moment, it was Zoro's turn to collapse. But not from familiarity, but from nausea of his friend having the hots for that witch. Heck, she didn't even try flirting with him and Luffy was downright falling? For what reason exactly?! Was she...enchanting him?

No. Even if Nami was indeed an evil witch who stopped at nothing to get her wishes, he was not that inhuman. She at least had honour and pride to spare.

"Now tell me how can I cheer her up for tomorrow?!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 49.7K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
38.4K 4.4K 36
[Complete] A flirty, romantic adventure & feel-good read! *** Lana Asfoor was content to live with the status quo and ignore her piling debt. Ignora...
153K 3.3K 24
Luffy and Nami, two complete strangers, learn to love each other through their arranged marriage. -A One Piece Fanfic with the pairing Luffy and Na...
1.1M 46.3K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...