Subway

By heymoon123

Everyday Y/n takes the subway to work, with the same people, going to the same places as every other day. One... More

1: Good Morning
2: Cute Girl
3: An Unexpected Encounter
5: Man, This Sucks!
6: Are You Alright?
7: Whatta Ya Drawin'?
8: Friday
9: I Quit
10: Oh, Gerard
11: The End

4: An Endless Cycle

642 23 72
By heymoon123

Gerard's pov

With a small smile on my face, I stepped inside my little apartment. I flicked on the lights, set my bag beside the door, and slipped off my shoes. Then, I jumped over the back of my couch, landing on the cushions, and pulled out my phone. Cute girl...

Me: Hey, just making sure u got my number ok

Cute girl: I did, see ya tomorrow?

Me: yesss

Cute girl: ok :)

Setting my phone down, the little smile across my lips wouldn't disappear. I can't believe she talked to me... cute girl talked to me! Y/n... such a pretty name to match a pretty face...

Then, I stepped into the little corner my kitchen sat in, adjacent towards the right of the living room. Still smiling, I smacked the CD player sat on the end of the granite counter top. Immediately, Green Day's Dookie began to play. Billie Joe's voice sang loud, but not loud enough to disturb the neighbors.

"I declare I don't care no more..." I quietly sang along, "I'm burning out and growing bored, in my smoked out boring room..." My soft singing then turned into an even quieter hum as I figured out what I was going to eat. There's nothing... there's always nothing... ugh...

My eyes wandered over to the box of pizza I had been eating off of for the past week. The smile I had sported finally disappeared as I looked at my options. I guess it's left over pizza... again...

Pulling out the box, I flipped it open to see only a single slice left. I grabbed it and held it in front of my face. I really would eat healthier if I had the money... but it's so tight these days... again... roommate would help...

I sighed and slipped the piece into the microwave. My finger smushed against the little buttons making little beeping noises that just blended in with the music. Only a few seconds went by when the microwave beeped twice.

Then, I grabbed a plate from a nearby cupboard, opened up the microwave, and slid my pizza onto it. I grabbed a bag of chips from another cupboard and poured them onto my plate. I am so tired of only eating pizza and chips... ugh...

My bored and tired eyes stared down at the plate in front of me as I leaned forward against the counter. Every day is exactly the same... when will this cycle end? Will it ever end? Or am I just... stuck? In an endless cycle?

"Oh cute girl," My eyes had fallen to my phone, still on our messages, "I wonder what you're doing around this time..."

With only a few bites of pizza and chip crumbs on my plate, I sighed. Maybe I should order Chinese food next time... or at least... not pizza...

A small yawn escaped my lips as I set my plate in the sink. I rubbed my tired eyes, shut off the CD player, then stepped out of the small kitchen, and wandered into the bathroom sat along the wall just to the right of the living room. Shower...

Quietly, I sighed, staring at myself in the mirror above the sink. My hair stuck out just slightly from doing things all day. I yawned, and rubbed my eyes, once again. I gotta shower...

Finally, I let my clothes fall to the floor before I stepped into the tiled shower and switched on the water. Just like every night, I stepped away from the water until it was warm enough. While I did my nightly shower routine, warm fog clouded the glass door.

Only a few minutes past when I shut off the water, opened up the steamed glass door, and wrapped my bottom half in a towel.

I then did my nightly after shower routine while staring at myself in the mirror mimicking the fogged up glass door. Quietly, I hummed along to a random song stuck in my head. There was no telling of the name since I could not remember it.

My fingers messed around in my wet mop of black hair. I just eyed it in the mirror. Black... matches my feelings quite nicely these days...

Soft hums left my lips as I let my hair fall back down to my shoulders. Now, I finally opened up the bathroom door. My bare feet left quiet noises as I stepped into my bedroom, less than a foot away along the same wall the bathroom was on.

Without much thought, I shed the towel, and pulled on an old t-shirt and basketball shorts. Then, I shut off the lights, and snuggled under the covers. My face was completely buried in my pillow. Tomorrow... Wednesday... I get to see cute girl... I can't wait...

Another smile came across my cheeks as thoughts of her swirled around my mind. I eventually fell asleep to the sweet thoughts of her.

My alarm rang at around seven in the morning. I groaned, slapping it. A big yawn slipped through my lips as my fingers itched the side of my head. Lazily, I climbed out of bed, and began my morning routine.

I switched on the tv to a random channel, not paying attention as I got a bowl of cereal ready. That is, until I stepped into the living room while eating said bowl of cereal. Code Name: Kid Next Door was playing on Cartoon Network. Wow... my tv is mocking me... great...

"Whatever..." I sighed, leaving it on as I stepped away. My cereal bowl now sat in the sink along with last night's plate. For the rest of the morning, I got dressed, brushed my teeth, did my hair, and everything in between.

Okay... maybe my hair is a tad nicer for cute girl... so what? I like her... and it's not like she'd wanna see my hair in a complete rat's nest... ugh... who cares...

I sighed, staring myself down in the mirror before messing with my hair. It doesn't matter... whatever... I should go...

Before leaving, I shut off the tv, grabbed my phone and bag, slipped on my shoes, and finally shut off the lights. Then, I shut and locked my door. Just like every other morning, I walked to the subway station. Sounds from my feet hitting the concrete floor and steps echoed through the mostly empty station.

Casually, I eyed the station for the cute girl. She wasn't here yet. Dumb ass... she always comes after me! Duh...

Like always, I sat at my bench, and took out my sketchbook and pencils. The teenagers soon joined me on a bench nearby, but they only laid on top of one another, wanting just one more second of sleep.

"Hey..." I looked up to see Y/n. I smiled, no longer sketching away.

"Hi, you can sit..." I pulled my bag away and down to the floor.

"Thank you..." She smiled, "Whatcha drawin'?"

"Uh, nothing much, just sketching." She scooted towards me.

"Can I see?" I nodded, moving the sketchbook so she could see, "Oh wow, you're really good..." Her fingers hovered over the page, completely amazed by my little pencil marks.

"Thanks..." I watched as she just stared at the sketch covered page, "Do you draw at all?"

"Sometimes, I'm not the best."

"I'm sure you're great."

"Oh I dunno, I haven't been drawing for very long."

"W-" I was cut off by the subway slowing to a stop. She stood up, motioning for me to join her.

"C'mon, let's sit together." I shoved my things away and followed her to the subway with my bag slung over my shoulder. She took a seat, I did as well just beside her. Oh she's cute...

"So uh," I began, somewhat awkwardly, "How've you been?"

"I've been alright. My life is so boring these days." She explained.

"Yeah, I've been feeling the same way. I dunno, I just feel like, everyday has been almost exactly the same for many months now."

"Right? That's exactly how I feel! Ugh, I just wish I could do something with my life instead of restock Japanese plushies all day." She giggled, I chuckled. Wow... so I'm not the only one...

"But, I gotta meet rent somehow." She spoke, eyeing the floor.

"What would you do with your life?" I asked, she seemed confused, "You said you wish to do something with your life instead of what you do now. What would you do?"

"Oh I dunno, probably move back to California. Make myself into something there."

"Do you miss it?"

"So much..." Her voice saddened slightly, "But, when duty calls..."

"Yeah," I said, mostly showing that I understood.

"What about you?"

"Huh?"

"What would you do?" I thought for a moment.

"I'd start a band." She smiled.

"Really?" I nodded.

"But the chances of making it in the music business are like, one in a billion." The subway began to slow down.

"Well," She began, standing up, "If that ever happens, lemme know. I'd like to see you play sometime, if it happens."

"Sure... yeah... yeah, I will..." I stood up beside her. We stepped out onto the platform as soon as the doors opened.

"I'll see ya later, Gerard." She waved.

"Yeah, see ya..." I waved. That was... nice... I really like her...

OwO-
Hi uhm no I did not forget about this book. I was just making my angel face/only love readers nervous and scared. That is all. No forgetting Subway no sir. Ok maybe. Haha, anyways, Have a cute day~peace out cheesebags

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 7K 199
•Female, male, enby and gender neutral reader •Any kind of ones (fluff, smut, angst, etc) •Gerard, Mikey, Ray, Killjoys oneshots [READ THE INTRO BEFO...
136K 3.2K 55
Just another mcr oneshots book. Oneshots for all members. NO SMUT. Requests are open!!
8.4K 269 29
around the age of 16 something happens to you... you and your soulmate become connected. you could get a tattoo of their first words, a string co...
82.5K 1.8K 23
[Updates every Monday] When (y/n) gets their room mixed up and ends up with a guy just as troubled as them, they grow close. They'll become friends...