World's Greatest Thief vs. Wo...

Por TheDaleyFlames

Dive into a whirlwind adventure where YOU are Chase Devineaux, ACME's top operative! ️‍♂️ Forget everything y... Más

Intro
Chapter 1(Meeting the thief)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chpater 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Bonus chapter: The Crimson Cape Comes Undone: Chase Captures Carmen

Chapter 4

1.6K 42 2
Por TheDaleyFlames

Y/n always wondered what it would be like to live with one of his parents and how they would have approved to see him fighting crimes like this. If VILE does even exist, he doesn't know if he would have the strength to take all of them down like that. Maybe, he would have to work on his fighting skills and how he would be able to call backups. Magnus was the one that came to him.

Magnus: Sir, we've got some more info on Carmen Sandiego.

Y/n: I would like to see them. Tell me what are they like.

Magnus: I don't know how to say this but it looks like she is wearing a disguise and me she is calling herself "The Duchess"

Y/n: She's a super thief and a master of disguise. Why am I not surprise? What is she going after now?

Magnus: Well it appears that she is going after some painting for some reason.

Y/n: Good to see that she is going after something that worth so much. Certainly, she would steal something that is worth million. Something about these painting are quite interesting, how they were drawn. We will catch our thief really soon.

Carmen Sandiego.

Carmen: Blue isn't really my color. But I must admit, I've never stolen anything that luminous.

Player: Enjoy it while you can, red. You have an whole hour before you need to get back into character.

Carmen: Right, let her the crew up to speed. Zack! Ivy.

Zack came into the room wearing an eyepatch making some pirate noises.

Zack:Avast, me mateys!Arrrhh!

Ivy was also wearing the wing that Ivy wore.

Carmen: Those aren't toys, people. They're my disguise. Now pay attention. Here's what we know. Player's  decryption of the VILE hard drive that revealed details of an intricate ongoing operation. VILE operatives have been going quietly stealing paintings by the artist Vermeer from museums all over the world and replacing the originals with amazingly accurate  forgeries.

Ivy: What? Why would they bother leaving fakes behind?

Carmen: To ensure museum security would never realize has been stolen to begin with, which would allow the entirety of  Vermeer's collected works to slowly and steadily be amassed by Bile mastermind countess Cleo.

Zack: What the big whoop about these painting anyways? No car, no clown, no dog playing pokers.

Ivy: And she's reading. Snore.

Ivy leaves.

Player: You aren't the only one who thought that. But after some research, I began to see things in a different light. The Netherlands isn't only know for its tulips, windmills, and wooden shoes. It's famous for its painters and the Dutch golden age of the 1600s, Vermeer among them.

Carmen: The ordinary of the people weren't the stars of the show. That would the mind boggling way Vermeer captured natural light with his paintbrush. Only 34 painting by the maestro exist. Not a whole lot for the major artist. That makes each one an extremely rare and valuable treasure.

Player: Which is why we freaked when we learned that there is only one last Vermeer left for Cleo to steal, from the Rijksmuseum Amsterdam, capital of the Netherlands.

Carmen: So I had to act fast and got to it first. And made my escape through one of Amsterdam's 165 canals, masquerading  as the duchess. "Woman in blue reading a letter" is our only shit at stealing back the other 33. We need Cleo to take the bait so that we can push for a direct face-to-face in hopes to where she is keeping the rest.

Player: And if she have any suspicion that she was stealing the master super thief  Carmen Sandiego, she would never let you anywhere near her stolen prizes.

Carmen our the hat on.

Carmen: That's why when Cleo courier arrives to authenticate the painting, it will be the duchess who meets him at the door.

There was a knock at the door.

Player: That's can't be him. He's an hour early.

Zack: Yowza? Room service is wicked fast here.

Carmen: Wait, don't open that door.

But it was way too late. Carmen hid away while Ivy did the same thing and player shuts off his computer.

Man: Oh, still running in Moscow time.

He looked at Zack.

Man: You're not a duchess.

Zack: You're not my sandwich.

Man: I must have the wrong room-

Before he finished, he noticed the painting.

Man: Oh, there she is.

He picked up the painting.

Man: " The woman in blah..." If I were to meet a duchess, you would be her...?

Zack: Duke* In British accent* I'm the duke *laughs*of, Uh Vermeer. Yes.

Man: That's a place?

Zack: Uh, yes. In Boston. In Boston. And you would be mate.

Dash: Dash Haber. Executive courier to Countess Cleo, I'll wire the fund immediately and take her off your hands.

Carmen gave Zack some sight of sign with her hands. Zack stopped him before she could exit the door.

Zack: Does this mean anything to ya?

Zack did the same thing that Carmen did. This made Dash scared.

Dash: I'll inform the countess.

After he talked with his countess, he spoke back to Zack.

Dash: The wishes to invite you to her dinner party and auction.

Zack:Great! Text me the address.

Dash: Good. A car will pick you up at tomorrow, 5:00 pm, sharp. And no plus ones, just the painting.

Dash exited the room. Ivy fosses the wing right at Zack.

Ivy: Is your brain made of Swiss cheese?

Zack gave her a confused look.

Ivy:Yes, the mind with the holes.

Player: Why would Cleo auction the Vermeers  after going through all the trouble to complete the set?

Carmen: The thrill of the set doesn't last long for her. And the combined value of the art could easily surpass one billion dollars.

Ivy:*Whistles* Hello, VILE slush fund.

Carmen: We only have a brief window to steal back all 34 while they're u set one roof before they scatter to the winds. The good news is we're invited to a party.

Player: And not so good?

Carmen: Wr only have 24 hours to transform Zack into a convincing Duke.

Y/n, L/n.

After an exhausting day of relentless pursuit, Y/n, the formidable Jamaican-French secret agent, braced himself for the ultimate test: capturing the elusive Carmen Sandiego. As he navigated the desolate highway, his sharp instincts picked up on an unusual presence – a white van that seemed out of place. To avoid arousing suspicion, he maintained a safe distance, keeping a watchful eye on his target.

As luck would have it, Carmen Sandiego caught wind of his presence. She smirked, tauntingly daring Y/n to reveal himself. Unfazed, Y/n hatched a plan to bring her vehicle to a screeching halt. From beneath his car, he deployed a concealed grappling hook, aiming it directly at the van's rear bumper. With expert precision, the line snagged the target, bringing both vehicles to an abrupt stop.

Ivy, ever watchful, questioned her leader.

Ivy: (her voice filled with curiosity) Carmen, what's the plan now?

Carmen, unperturbed by the interruption, issued orders.

Carmen: Hit the gas, Ivy!

In response, Ivy floored the accelerator, attempting to break free from the grappling hook and escape. Y/n countered by putting his own vehicle into reverse, engaging in a thrilling game of cat and mouse on the road. Despite his initial advantage, the grappling hook ultimately failed, releasing the vans from each other's grasp.

Determined not to let them slip away, Y/n activated a preprogrammed command on his phone, causing the bridge overhead to lower completely. The unexpected obstacle forced Carmen to abandon her vehicle and flee on foot.

Ivy, astounded by the turn of events, voiced her curiosity.

Ivy: Who on earth is this man?

Carmen, her eyes gleaming with admiration, revealed her assessment.

Carmen: Trust me, Ivy, he's a force to be reckoned with.

Unfazed by their brief encounter, Y/n hurled a series of explosive ball bearings from his car, hoping to disable their getaway vehicle. Though the van managed to dodge most of the projectiles, one successfully punctured a tire, forcing it into a tree. Satisfied with his progress, Y/n emerged from his hiding spot, determined to bring Carmen Sandiego to justice once and for all.

Y/n: (with a steely determination) Now let's see what this red-clad menace is truly capable of.

As he approached the crashed van, he heard a loud barking sound coming from behind him. He turned around to find a dog charging towards him. He quickly pulled out a squeaky toy to distract the dog and threw it away, allowing him to focus on his mission. When he reached the van, he found it empty. He surmised that the dog had been a distraction, allowing them to escape. He searched the area but found no trace of them. Ivy and Carmen were hiding out in the snow.

Ivy: (breathing a sigh of relief) Talk about a close call.

Carmen: (smirking) Yes, but it's not over yet. Y/n won't rest until he catches us. We need to stay one step ahead.

As the snow fell around them, Carmen and Ivy devised a new plan, knowing that Y/n would stop at nothing to bring them to justice. Little did they know, Y/n was already hot on their trail, his keen instincts guiding him through the snowy landscape.

Y/n: (muttering to himself) You can run, Carmen, but you can't hide forever.

With renewed determination, Y/n continued his pursuit, determined to bring the elusive Carmen Sandiego to justice once and for all. The chase was far from over, and Y/n was prepared to go the distance to ensure that justice prevailed.

As the hours turned into days, Y/n's pursuit of Carmen Sandiego took him across continents. From the bustling streets of Paris to the ancient ruins of Rome, he followed her trail, always one step behind. Along the way, he encountered a host of colorful characters, some friend, some foe, but all with their own stories to tell.

In the bustling markets of Marrakech, Y/n crossed paths with a mysterious fortune teller, who warned him of a dangerous foe lurking in the shadows. Undeterred, Y/n pressed on, determined to uncover the truth behind her cryptic message.

Y/n: (leaning in, intrigued) What do you know, old woman?

Fortune Teller: (her voice low and ominous) Beware the man in the shadows, for he seeks to claim what is not his.

As Y/n pondered her words, he found himself ambushed by a group of thugs, hired by a rival agent seeking to claim the glory of capturing Carmen Sandiego for himself. With lightning-fast reflexes, Y/n dispatched his foes, leaving them in a heap on the ground.

Y/n: (smirking) Sorry, gentlemen, but I don't share my prizes.

Despite the setbacks, Y/n's determination never wavered. He knew that Carmen Sandiego was a formidable adversary, but he also knew that he was the best agent for the job. With each passing day, he grew closer to his quarry, his instincts honed to a razor-sharp edge.

As he followed her trail to the bustling city of Tokyo, Y/n found himself in the midst of a high-stakes game of cat and mouse. With Carmen always one step ahead, he navigated the city's crowded streets, using every trick in the book to stay on her tail.

Y/n: (muttering to himself) You're good, Carmen, but I'm better.

Finally, in the heart of the city, Y/n cornered Carmen in an abandoned warehouse. With no escape in sight, she turned to face him, a smirk playing on her lips.

Carmen: (raising an eyebrow) Took you long enough, Y/n.

Y/n: (smirking) Better late than never, chérie.

As they faced off, the tension between them was electric. Both knew that this was the moment of truth, the culmination of a chase that had spanned continents and pushed them both to their limits.

In the end, it was Y/n who emerged victorious, capturing Carmen Sandiego and bringing her to justice. As he escorted her back to headquarters, he couldn't help but feel a twinge of admiration for his cunning adversary.

Y/n: (smiling) You know, Carmen, you're not so bad for a thief.

Carmen: (smirking) Why thank you, Y/n. Coming from you, that's quite the compliment.

As they disappeared into the night, Y/n knew that his work was far from over. There would always be new adversaries to face, new challenges to overcome. But with his keen instincts and unwavering determination, he was ready for whatever lay ahead.

Y/n: (to himself) Bring it on. I'm ready for anything.

At the diner.

Y/n had a hunch that Carmen was in the vicinity. He knew he had to search for clues, but the area was devoid of any leads. Meanwhile, Carmen was outside, plotting her next move.

Player: Good news, Red. Fun received. VILE just fed a whole lot of orphans in your favorite charity.

Carmen: And I just fed security.

Ivy was busy rubbing the stomach of one of the dogs.

Ivy: Hey, who's a good boy? You are, yes, you are.

Ivy managed to gain access to the room containing the painting. She gazed upon one particular piece, "Girl with a Red Hat," and was captivated by it.

Carmen: Now this one speaks to me.

As Carmen began to replace the paintings, Y/n burst through the diner door.

Y/n: Alright, nobody moves. I don't know what's going on here, but I have a feeling something suspicious is happening. Someone has been stealing art from museums all over the world, and the suspect is believed to be a female.

Two individuals attempted to attack Y/n from behind, but he quickly grabbed them by the faces and slammed their heads together, knocking them out.

Y/n: She goes by the name Carmen Sandiego. She's believed to be a master thief.

Cleo: Carmen Sandiego here? Impossible.

She pressed a button under her desk, releasing green gas.

Y/n: Of course, you've heard of her. She's a master thief, and I must say, I'm quite impressed. Now, I believe one of you may be her partner in crime. When solving a crime, you always must keep track of their face.

Zack knew he had to act fast.

Zack: There she is, right there.

He pointed to a woman driving away in the snow. He gave chase, revealing that he had a few tricks up his sleeve.

Amidst the dense foliage of the forest, Y/n stood triumphantly over a seemingly defeated figure. The sun began to set, casting long shadows across the landscape. Exhausted but determined, Y/n demanded answers from the woman before him.

Y/n: (with a stern voice) Miss, your charade ends here. Time for you to reveal yourself and answer for your crimes.

As the figure rose, the dim light revealed an unexpected sight - it was Ivy, disguised as Carmen Sandiego. Her eyes widened in shock as Y/n gripped her tightly by the lapel of her coat.

Ivy: (surprised) Whoa, hold on there, mate! That was a bit harsh!

Ignoring her protestations, Y/n continued his interrogation.

Y/n: (skeptical) You? Disguised as Carmen Sandiego? Impressive, but I demand to know where she truly is.

Ivy: (defiant) You could have killed me with that explosion! Why risk harming someone innocent?

Y/n: (confident) I know who you are, Ivy. The accomplice of the Red Menace herself. Tell me, where is Carmen Sandiego?

Despite his accusations, Ivy refused to divulge any information.

Ivy: (frustrated) I don't know! She's nowhere around here.

Growing impatient, Y/n resorted to using force. He produced a stun gun from his pocket and administered a powerful electric shock to Ivy. Once she had recovered, he dragged her to a nearby tree and repeated his demands.

Y/n: (demandingly) Now, speak the truth. Where is Carmen Sandiego?

Just as Y/n's questions seemed to yield no results, Carmen Sandiego appeared from behind, startling both agents.

Carmen: (laughing) Ah, Y/n, such determination. But I assure you, I've grown tired of this game. It's time for a new challenge.

Surprised by her sudden appearance, Y/n released his grip on Ivy and faced Carmen.

Y/n: (impressed) Impressive, Carmen. Always one step ahead. But I won't let you escape this time.

Carmen: (teasingly) Oh, you flatter yourself. Besides, why settle for just me when you could have both of us?

Suddenly, Y/n realized that Ivy had taken his stun gun during their struggle. Caught off guard, he watched helplessly as Carmen and Ivy disappeared into the darkness, leaving him alone in the forest. Frustrated but intrigued, Y/n vowed to learn every trick in their arsenal and prepare for their next encounter. The chase was far from over.

Please vote and share.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

2.9M 130K 45
Highest Rank #1 in Action 14/6/16 Chevron Raynes 'accidentally' hacks into her college mainframe and finds blueprints to a billion dollar satellite b...
7.5K 203 24
He looked to the local park's entrance. He slowed down his cruiser, looking to it. Large in size as it was mostly filled with grass. He stopped his v...
34.2K 950 44
Carmen Sandiego isn't afraid of sacrificing herself for her family and for the world that she loves so dearly. So when VILE is planning something tha...
873K 18.2K 60
"You got the attention from a santo" another oscar diaz fanfic woahh I dont own on my block but the ideas in this book that arent in the show are mi...