For the Sake of Love ✔

By atprawita

"It's for the sakes of my reputation" "More like 'for the sakes of love'. We both know it's more than that."... More

⚠️ Shout Out to Everybody ⚠️
Prologue
- Chapter 1 -
- Chapter 2 -
- Chapter 3 -
- Chapter 4 -
- Chapter 5 -
- Chapter 6 -
- Chapter 7 -
- Chapter 9 -
- Chapter 10 -
- Chapter 11 -
- Chapter 12 -
- Chapter 13 -
- Chapter 14 -
- Chapter 15 -
got no shame
- Chapter 16 -
- Chapter 17 -
- Chapter 18 -
- Chapter 19 -
- Chapter 20 -
- Chapter 21 -
- Chapter 22 -
- Chapter 23 -
- Chapter 24 -
- Chapter 25 -
- Chapter 26 -
- Chapter 27 -
- Chapter 28 -
- Chapter 29 -
- Chapter 30 -
- Chapter 31 -
- Chapter 32 -
- Chapter 33 -
- Chapter 34 -
- Chapter 35 -
- Chapter 36 -
- Chapter 37 -
Epilogue
so it goes...

- Chapter 8 -

53 4 7
By atprawita

"Ashton, someone's at the door for you!"

"Yes, mum! Wait a sec," I yelled back from my room.

I quickly fixed my contact-lens before hurrying down the stairs. My mum suddenly grabbed my arm, looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

"What?"

"Who's that guy?"

"Why?"

"Clearly he wasn't that blonde sex-god,"

"Mum, you can't just call my friend a sex god,"

"I said what I said, but who's he?"

"A friend of mine, soon to be boyfriend too perhaps, I don't know,"

"Honestly, I prefer the sex god, but if you like them both, make sure the sex god agree first, yeah?"

"Uh? What are you talking about?"

"He's your second boyfriend right?"

"WHAT? No, mum, what the fuck?"

"I'm just saying. Now, shoo! People don't like waiting, young man,"

"I uh- whatever. I'll see you later, mum"

"Bye, honey-pie!"

"Ugh, mummm"

I heard my mum laughing devilishly when I closed the door behind me. I saw Ray leaning against a black Audi R8. What's it with rich-as-fuck guy and me?

"Hey, Ray"

"Hey, Ashton. You ready?"

"Yeah, where are we heading?"

"The town? Just walk around and buying stuff maybe? What do you wanna do?"

"Eh? Anything actually, I'm not that picky,"

We spent the next few hours wandering in town, walking from shop to shop and even some parlour. I've never felt like this before; so free, relax, and happy. I also feel like this when I'm with Mikey, but this one feels more... real. I keep blushing every now and then, feeling so loved by Ray.

He was the complete opposite of Luke. He's so gentle, caring, and overall just... better. I can feel my chest fluttering every time Ray did something, but the thing is: I feel no butterflies.

But that's probably just because I barely know him. I'm sure if I get to know him better, the butterflies gonna be there.

We walked into the arcade, laughing our ass off as we keep throwing awful pick-up line. I managed to beat him at every game that we played, causing a cute pout to appeared on his face which made me giggle loudly.

"Here, I bet you're tired," He softly said. Despite how soft it was, I feel my body froze at his sentence. I bet you're tired. Fuck you, Hemmings. Now even your voice is haunting me!

"Th- thank you," I hesitantly grabbed the coke.

"It's fine, it's on me,"

"Thank you,"

"Nah, thank YOU. Today's amazing so far, I have fun,"

"Yeah, me too" I shyly said, a faint blush coating my cheeks.

"Anyway, there's something I wanna ask to you," The whole words suddenly stop moving as my eyes widen at his words. Is he... is he going to ask me to be his boyfriend? Isn't that too fast? Why am I panicking instead of feeling overjoyed?

"Oh? What's it?" Smooth, Ash... Smooth!

"That boy yesterday... Luke, wasn't it?"

"Y- yeah, it was Luke, why d'ya asks?"

"Is he... is he your boyfriend?"

SHIT!
Holy. Fucking. Shit.
Should I tell him the truth?
Or the lie that I spread around the school?
Asdfghjkl, I hate this.

"N- no, he's just... m- my..."

"Oh, sorry for asking you out, I don't know you've had a boyfriend,"

"No, no, no, Ray. He's just... he's not my boyfriend..." I embarrassedly admit.

"Oh?"

"Yeah..."

"But people at school s-"

"It was just a lie!"

"A lie?"

"Y- yeah... there's a reason as to why we pretend to be boyfriends when in fact... we're nothing," I carefully said. Ray stayed silent, his eyes wide and face washed over in shock.

"R- Ray?"

"Is that... is that the truth?"

"Yeah, so it's no problem that we go on a date today, I honestly feel so happy when you asked me out and I have lots of fun with you today, I prefer to be in an actual relationship. If you know what I mean..." I trailed off carefully, fingers fidgeting nervously.

"No, that's impossible! Why would I?"

"Eh? What do you mean?"

"Why would I date someone that's not Luke's boyfriend? Fuck, such a waste of time and money. If I knew this sooner I wouldn't ask you out,"

"Wait, what?"

"Luke took my boyfriend and I want to take his boyfriend as revenge so my boyfriend would come back with me,"

"E- eh?"

"I just want him to know the pain at being left by someone they love."

I watched him with wide eyes, frozen in place as my brain tried to take everything in. He smiled widely at me, carelessly shrugging his shoulder before speaking,

"Let's just forget this day, yeah? I'll see you later, Ash"

"W- what? Ra- Ray, you can't be serious, can you?"

"Did I stutter?" I gasped at how cold he suddenly is, watching the smirk went back on his face.

"Well, bye Ash."

"Not so fast, asshole!"

"E- eh?" I gasped again for the hundred times.

"I thought you're quite alike with me, seems like I'm not wrong,"

"Lu- Luke, what are you- what are you doing here?"

"Luke?" Ray asked dumbly. Luke pulled off his glasses and snapback, revealing his amazing blue eyes and tall-ass quiff.

"Revenge, eh? What a coward,"

"SHUT UP! You're the one that stole someone's boyfriend!"

"I don't recall stealing someone's boyfriend. Just so you know, it was your boyfriend that threw himself to me. He's not even my type," Luke said, a smug smirk was on his face as he shrugged his broad shoulder. Ray gritted his teeth loudly, clearly pissed at what Luke said. I grabbed Luke's shirt slowly, tugging at it a bit as I pleaded with my eyes. Please, let's just go. People crowding us, it's embarrassing.

"Aside from that, why don't you just talk it out with me instead of bringing Ash into this?"

"What? You wanna fight?"

"Nope, I don't like violence," Luke said, smiling that big smile of his. He turned his body to me and surprisingly the smile remained still.

"Let's go home,"

"O- uh, can you... can you wait a bit?" I hesitantly asked.

"Sure, but I'll stay here though,"

"O- okay..."

"He- hey, Ray? Was it all just a lie? Your kindness and everything I mean,"

"Your bad for being a dumb fuck that easily get trapped, I mean, you're desperate for a boy, right? I flirted with you and you fell for it, how easy."

"Ho- How dare you?"

"How dare I what? You're just an easy target, nothing but a desperate dumb fuck, a really ch-" And next thing I knew, Luke fist connected to Ray's jaw, knocking him harshly into the ground.

"What the fuck, dude? You said you don't like violence?"

"Yeah, and?" His icy blue eyes glaring sharply as if challenging the asshole to speak any further.

"I thought you weren't actual boyfriends?"

"We're not, but just so you know, he's mine; mess with him, you deal with me,"

Yeah, there...
A tiny bit of Lashton

Sorry for making Ash get hurts
But it need to be done :')

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.9M 915K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
418K 12.7K 94
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...