Soulmates-TVD(Rewrite)

By mzdani143

Madison Gilbert, the oldest Gilbert sibling, ad one of the most popular girl in school, everybody loves her a... More

1.1|Pilot
1.2|Damon
1.3|Friday Night Bites
1.4|Family Ties
1.5|Youre Undead to Me
1.6|Lost Girls
1.7|Haunted
1.8|162 Candles
1.9|History Repeating
1.10|The Turning Point
1.11|Bloodlines
1.12|Unpleasantville
1.13|Children of the Damned
1.14|Fool Me Once
1.15|A Few Good Men
1.16|There Goes The Neighborhood
1.17|Let The Right One In
1.18|Under Control
1.19|Miss Mystic Falls
1.20| Blood Brothers
1.21| Isobel
2.1| The Return

1.22| Founder's Day

899 23 1
By mzdani143

Gilbert Residence
I was helping Elena into her founder'sday dress. Elena put on her necklace.
Elena: Ouch, this dress hurts.
Madison: You just got to suck it in, baby.
~~~•••~~~
Mystic Falls High School
Everybody is preparing for the founder's parade. And Carol is supervising: No, no, no, no, no! It's all wrong! The marching band should be in front of the Historic Society. Jeffrey, get up one the float. Boys, I asked you to put the chairs on the Founder's Float. Ladies! Times to get on the float.
Stefan is standing alone, waiting. Then Damon arrives.
Damon: look at you all retro.(he smiles.)
Stefan: What are you doing here?
Damon: Why wouldn't I be? Bonnie deactivated the Gilbert invention, Isobel is gone and it's Founder's day! We're here to eat cotton candy and steal your girl.
Stefan: Don't start with me, Damon.
Damon: Oh, you started this Stefan with the whole "I'm insecure, leave Madison alone" speech. I'm enjoying that.
Stefan: As long as you heard it.
Damon: You have no sense of humor, Stefan.
Stefan: actually I have no sense of 'Damon humor'.
Damon: 'Damon humor'...hey look, I get it, I get it. I'm better, hotter, superior choice and you're scared, not that Katherine is out of the picture, that I'm gonna turn all my attention to Madison. But don't worry, Madison is definitely not Katherine.
Stefan: you're right she's not.
Damon and Stefan see Madison approaching, in her Miss Virginia dress she looks so beautiful, nothing like Katherine. She smiles at them and curtsies.

The floats are parading. And Carol was commentates: let's give a big hand to the Mystic Falls High School marching band!
The marching band and the cheerleaders parade, everyone applauds and scream.
Carol: And for a little local history, Mr. Saltzman's students have recreated Virginia's Battle of Willow Creek.
Carol: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome our stunning Miss Mystic Falls Court and their handsome escorts.
Stefan, Elena, Caroline and Matt, and the rest of the Mystic Falls court and their escorts are on the float; they laugh and wave to the crowd.
Carol: This is Elena Gilbert, Miss Mystic Falls. Aren't they beautiful?
Then my float came up.
Carol: And our Miss Virginia, our very own Miss Madison Gilbert.
I smiled and wave, and Damon was next to me waving too.
Camilla and Celia waved at us. I smiled back at them.
Carol: Isn't she beautiful?
~~~•••~~~
Third Person POV
Grayson Gilbert's Office
John was with Mayor Lockwood, he's preparing the device.
John: This is the key. Once inserted, the device will be activated. It will work only once, for an estimated time of five minutes.
Mayor Lockwood: Yes, how does it work?
John: It's a High porches frequency that humans can't hear. Any vampires with-in five block radius will be incapacitated, exposing them. At that time, the sheriff's deputies will inject them with vervain and bring them here, when we finish them off.
Mayor Lockwood: And you're certain they're attacking tonight?
John: I have a source. One of the vampires from the tomb confirmed it.
~~~•••~~~
Building
The vampires from the tomb were having a meeting. The leader is speaking and pointing at the map of town square.
Vampire leader: Everybody listen up! The plan stays the same. We wait until firework start; until then, we blend in. Stay a part of the celebration; they'll never see us coming.
~~~•••~~~
Grayson Gilbert Office
John: They want revenge for what our ancestors did in 1864. It makes us their target.
~~~•••~~~
Building
The leader is showing the other vampires a plan of the mystic Falls town square.
Vampire leader: This area here is the stage. This is where the Founding families are gonna be. Any questions?
~~~•••~~~
Grayson Gilbert's Office
Mayor Lockwood: Were taking an enormous risk. We're talking about our families, John!
~~~•••~~~
Building
Then Anna walks up to the vampire leader.
Vampire leader: Anna? What's are you doing here?
~~~•••~~~
Grayson Gilbert's Office
John: This is the only way to draw them out and kill them...all of them.
~~~•••~~~

Damon is standing alone. I arrived, and he looks at me. I changed back into my regular cute clothes.
Damon: I like you better like this. The period look...it didn't suit you.
Madison: is that supposed to be an insult?
Damon: actually Madi, it is a compliment of the highest order.
Madison: look, I know Stefan is worried about our friendship.
Damon: did he mention something to you too?
Madison: No, did he mention something to you?
Damon: no, nothing worth repeating.
Madison: so, I think you should stop with the flirty little comments and that eye thing that you do.
Damon: (smiles and does the eye thing) what eye thing?
Madison: yes, that one. Now stop it. (I smiled a little)
~~~•••~~~
Third Person POV
Sheriff's Office
Sheriff Forbes is talking to John and Mayor Lockwood: You want to use our town as bait? It's too dangerous, it's insane!(she closes the door.)
Mayor Lockwood: We've gone over the plans with all with your deputies, they're all on board.
Sheriff Forbes: You've gone behind my back?
Mayor Lockwood: Yeah, because we knew this is exactly how'd you react.
Sheriff Forbes: Our children are here.
John: Liz, we need to do this. We have no choice; this is the reason for the Secret Council. Our founding fathers created the Secret Council for just this purpose!
They all look at each other.
Sheriff Forbes: I'm the sheriff, I call the shots and I say no.
John: Richard, let me speak to the Sheriff alone.
He looks at them and leaves.
Sheriff Forbes: John, you're not thinking clearly, I'm not gonna change my mind about this.
She turns her back and goes towards her desk. John hits her behind the head. She falls to the ground unconscious. He removes her gun belt and handcuffs her to the radiator. He looks at her and leaves.
~~~•••~~~
Mystic Falls
It was night and Damon is looking and walking around in the town square. Then he runs into Anna.
Damon: You're still around?
Anna: There's something that you need to know. The vampires from the tomb are planning a attack tonight.
Damon: How do you know this?
Anna: I went to them. They think I'm with them but I'm not. They want the founding families dead.
Damon: When is this supposed to happen?
Anna: When the fireworks start.
Damon: John Gilbert wants to use that invention on them.
Anna: Then we can't be here!
Damon: It doesn't work, it's been deactivated.
Anna: Well, then a lot of people are gonna die.
Damon: Where are they right now?
Anna: They are already here, Damon.

The tomb vampires are meeting in front of the building.
Vampire leader: Remember, we don't know which of them ingests vervain. It's not about the feed, it's about the kill. You know what to do.
They walk into the crowd and disappears.

Damon is walking towards Alaric: Ric!
Alaric: Yeah?
Damon: You keep those nifty little vampire darts in the car?
Alaric: Yeah, why do you ask?
Damon: Because the square is crawling with tomb vampires. I think we might need a stake or two.
Alaric: Yeah, I got it.
Alaric leaves, Damon sees Stefan and Madison. He goes over to them and he takes his Madison's hand.
Madison: Damon, what's wrong?
Damon: Saving your life. Fifteen words or less...Tomb vamps are here. Founding families are their target. (To Stefan) Get her out of here, now!
Damon starts to leave.
Stefan: Wait, where are you going?
Damon: That's more than fifteen words, Stefan. (He leaves.)
Madison: Wait, Jeremy and Celia is out here somewhere.
Stefan: Let's go find them, come on!
~~~•••~~~
Mystic Grill
Jake is at the pool table. Matt and Elena are sitting at the table, looking at him.
Elena: there was this time, freshmen year, when Bonnie and I were in a fight and we swore that we would never talk again.
Matt: Lena, can we not talk about this.
Mayor Lockwood arrives at the Mystic Grill. He goes towards Jake.
Mayor Lockwood: What are you doing here? I told you to go home, I already told your brother and sister.
Jake: I decided not to.
Mayor Lockwood: If I tell you to do something, you do it!
He grabs Jake's arm.
Jake: Dad, let go of me!
Elena walked up to them with Matt by her side: Mayor, is everything alright?
Mayor Lockwood: Please son; I need you to get home. Tyler and Camilla is already there. Take your friends with you.
Matt: Why? What's going on?
Mayor Lockwood: I can't explain. All of you need to get home. Please.
Jake: Yeah, okay, dad.
Mayor Lockwood: And I just want you to know, I love you son. Take my Range Rover. It's out back. Elena, Matt, go with him.
Elena sees Caroline with some of her cheer friends.
Elena: we can't leave Care.
Jake: okay, get her and let's go.
~~~•••~~~
Mystic Falls
In the town square. Mayor Lockwood was giving a speech: For one hundred and fifty years, Mystic Falls has been the kind of town that everybody wants to call home: safe, prosperous, welcoming. And we have the Founders to thank for that. That's why I'd like to dedicate this evenings firework display to their legacy.
Everyone applause, the tomb vampires on in the crowd, looking at the Mayor. He looks at one of the deputies.
~~~•••~~~
Grayson Gilbert's Office
John is waiting for the signal. One of the deputies is with him.
John: Get in position.
The deputy goes out. John goes towards the device and looks at it.
~~~•••~~~
Mystic Falls
In the town square.
Mayor Lockwood: Enjoy the show.
The fireworks starts. Mayor Lockwood and his wife starts to leave.
Mayor Lockwood says to Carol: Stay close.
The tomb vampires are following them. Celia and Jeremy runs into them.
Vampire leader: Excuse me, I'm sorry.
Celia: I'm sorry.
He leaves. She looks at him. She gets a vision of what he is.
Jeremy: What's wrong babe?
Celia: They're vampires here.
Jeremy: Come on.(They followed him.)
Anna sees them, and she glared at Celia. All she felt for her is rage.
~~~•••~~~
Grayson Gilbert's Office
John is preparing the device, when Damon walks in.
Damon: Do you have any idea what you've done?
John: Yeah, as a matter of fact I do.
Damon goes towards him, John activates the device. Damon falls, he grabs the sides of his head and screams.
~~~•••~~~
Mystic Falls
In the town square.
Stefan and I fell to the ground in pain.
Stefan: My head!
Madison: it's hurts!! Please make it stop!(she cries out)
~~~•••~~~
Grayson Gilbert's Office
Damon is on the floor, holding his head and screaming. John prepares a syringe with vervain.
~~~•••~~~
Mystic Grill
Jeremy and Celia are inside the grill and they decide to go into the bathroom for some privacy. Then the bathroom light turned off.
Jeremy: what the hell?
Then Celia felt a pain in her neck, Anna is sucking her blood.
Celia: Aahh!!!
Jeremy: Anna, no! What are you doing?
Anna let's go of Celia and pushes her on the floor.
Anna: because she killed my mother last night.
Celia: what? No I didn't. (She said holding her bloody neck)
Anna: liar!(her fangs came out)
She was about to go at Celia again, but she got a stake to her heart by Jeremy.
Anna:(turned around) w-why?
She fell to the floor dead.
Then the deputies came into the restroom.
Deputies: we got one in here. It's dead.
Celia cries, and went to Jeremy.
Jeremy: you're okay. You're okay, baby.
~~~•••~~~
Mystic Falls
Jake is driving his dad's Range Rover, Caroline was in the passenger seat, and Elena and Matt was in the back seat. Then suddenly Jake hears the device.
Jake: What the hell is that?
Elena: what's wrong?
Caroline: what's the matter?
Jake: that noise!
Matt: What, what noise?
Jake let's go of the wheel and grabs his head in pain and begins to scream.
Matt: Jake! Jake!
Jake loses control of the car.
Matt: Dude, hey! Caroline, Get the wheel!
Caroline tries to grabbed the wheel, Jake screamed, the car crashed into a wall.
~~~•••~~~
Town Square
Madison and Stefan is on the floor holding their head in pain. A deputy runs toward them but Alaric runs interference and hurried to talk to him.
Alaric: Hey, I got these two. There's one over there. Take this, go! Go! Go!
The deputy leaves. Alaric's goes towards them and helps Stefan and Madison up. They go toward the stairs.
Madison: I don't know what happened, we just dropped.
Alaric: Yeah, they're not the only one. The cops have gotten everyone who's gone down, injecting them with vervain.
They're rounding up the vampires, it's the device. When I get my hands on that witch bitch—

Carol Lockwood is with her husband. He's on the floor.
Carol: Please help him, he just went down.
The deputies injected him with vervain. Mayor Lockwood is unconscious and there is blood leaking out of his ears.
~~~•••~~~
Grayson Gilbert's Office
The device is stopped. John takes everything back and goes to the basement. Damon is on the floor, unconscious. Deputies are bringing in more vampires.
John: The device is done; the only thing keeping them down is the vervain. We don't have much time, let's finish this.
Damon begins to wake up; one of the Deputies is pouring gasoline everywhere. John begins to leave but Anna's already dead body.
Damon looks at him. John pours more gasoline. He goes up the stairs and pours a trail of gasoline up them. He goes out of the basement, lights a match and throws it on the gasoline. A fire starts. Some of the vampires begin to burn. Damon looks at them.
~~~•••~~~
Stefan and Madison are better.
Madison: Are you okay?
Stefan: I should be asking you that. It was like needles were piercing my skull and then it just stopped.
Alaric arrives: I saw at least five vampires go down. They're taking them to your family's old building.
Madison: It's the freaking Gilbert device. It has to be.
Alaric: that's impossible, Bonnie unspelled it.
Stefan: Madison is right. Think about it. We asked Bonnie to deactivate a device that could protect people against vampires.
Madison: So we could protect you.
Stefan: Where is Damon?
Alaric: I don't know. I haven't seen him since this all started.
Madison: Can you get my brother and Celia and take them home?
Alaric: Of course.
Madison: Let's go.
~~~•••~~~
Sheriff's Office
Sheriff Forbes is still handcuffed to the radiator. Carol Lockwood arrives.
Mrs Lockwood: Liz, are you okay?
Sheriff Forbes: There's a key in my belt...
Mrs Lockwood: What's going on?!
Sheriff Forbes: There's a key in my belt, I need you to get it.
She takes the key.
Mrs Lockwood: I've been looking everywhere for you, something happened to Richard. They took him.
Sheriff Forbes: Who took him?
Mrs Lockwood: Your deputies. I don't understand, he's not a vampire!
Sheriff Forbes opens her handcuffs and gets up.
Sheriff Forbes: Let's go!
~~~•••~~~
Grayson Gilbert's Office
The basement is on fire. Damon looks around him and sees the mayor.
Damon: Mayor. Is that you?
Mayor Lockwood: What are you doing here?
Damon: I'm a vampire. What's your excuse?  No, really. The vervain didn't affect you, you're not a vampire, what the hell are you?
The mayor scoots backwards to get away from Damon. He bumps into the tomb vampires' leader, who is waking.
Vampire leader: Mayor Lockwood!
The vampire leader reaches an arm around Mayor Lockwood from behind and grabs his chin, pulls violently and snaps his neck. Damon seeing this slowly smiles.
~~~•••~~~
Town Square
Caroline, Elena and Matt are out of the car, an ambulance arrives, Jake is on the ground unconscious.
Matt: Hey, are you okay?
Caroline: I'm fine, I'm fine.
Elena: are you sure, Care.
Matt: yeah, you need to be checked out.
Caroline: No, I'm fine, I'm fine. They're helping Jake.
The paramedics are examining Jake. One of them open one of Jake's eyes, it flashes amber gold before going back to brown.
Paramedics: What the hell?!
Matt: What's wrong?(Elena was behind him)
Paramedic: His eyes!
They look at him when suddenly, Jake wakes up: What happened?
Matt: Dude, Don't scare me like that!
Elena then turns her head to see that Caroline is on the ground unconscious.
Elena: Caroline! Caroline, wake up! Help!

Madison and Stefan are walking when suddenly Stefan hears the fire.
Stefan: Wait, wait, wait, I can hear them. The building is on fire.
Madison: What?
Stefan: The building's on fire!
~~~•••~~~
Grayson Gilbert's Office
The building is still on fire. Damon tries to get up, but a beam falls down in front of him.
~~~•••~~~
Town Square
Madison and Stefan go toward John, talking to him.
Madison: Uncle John, Where is Damon?
John: With the rest of them, where he should be. It's over for Damon.
Madison: what?! Why uncle John?
John: Why? Because I'm doing what should have been done a hundred and forty five years ago? This is the right thing Madison.
Stefan is looking at the building. John looks at him.
John: Go ahead, you won't make it out. It'll save me the trouble of killing you myself.
Stefan looks at Madison: You know the building well, is there another way in?
Madison: Utility door, there's one around the side.
He goes toward the building and Madison follows him,
~~~•••~~~
Stefan runs towards the emergency door but Bonnie then arrives.
Bonnie: The Fire will take you out.
Madison: If Damon dies I will rip your little witch body apart. With my teeth.
Stefan: He's my brother, Bonnie!
Madison was about to go to the door, but Stefan shook his head, and he goes into the building. He tried to open the door to the basement but it was too hot. Bonnie is looking at the building.
Madison: Stefan!
Bonnie: Madison, I'm sorry that I lied to you.
She catches her arm, closing her eyes and begins to recite a spell.
Bonnie: Ex spiritum intacullum, in terrum incendium, fes matos salvis adisdum.
Madison: Bonnie, I got to get in there!
Bonnie is still reciting the spell. In the building, Stefan can finally open the door but the fire is too large. Suddenly, the flames diminish, thanks to Bonnie's spell. Stefan goes into the basement and finds Damon.
Stefan: Damon! Come on, hurry!
Stefan picks up Damon and vamps runs out of the basement.
Outside, Bonnie finishes her spell and looks at Madison.
Madison: Bonnie...Bonnie, what is it. Are they okay?
Stefan and Damon comes out of the building and Madison runs to them.
Madison: Oh my God!
~~~•••~~~
Mystic Grill
Madison is standing alone, Stefan joins her.
Madison: the fire is out. The story is the building is old wiring is what caused it.
Stefan: did you see where Damon went?
Madison: No, he just kind of disappeared.
Stefan: figures.
She embraces him.
Madison: I'm glad that your okay.
Stefan: I try so hard...to hate him. I guess it's just pointless.
Madison: you care about him, so do I. But I love you, Stefan, and I know that you are worried about that.
Stefan: I just...you know, I know my brother.
Madison: but I love you, Stefan.
Stefan: I know the trouble he can cause.
She takes his face in her hands.
Madison: I love you, Stefan. You!
They look at each other and she kisses him.
Madison: you have nothing to worry about, okay?
She kisses him again.
Madison: Jenna called, Jeremy's home after taking Celia home. I'm just gonna run over to the school to pick up my dress, my clothes and the rest of my stuff and then I'll check on him.
~~~•••~~~
Mystic Falls Hospital
Matt is alone in the hallway, cause Elena had to get home to change said she'll be back, Jake joins them.
Jake: Hey man. I'm so sorry. Look, I don't even know what happened.
Matt: It's okay man. She's alright. She's a strong girl.
Jake sits down next to him, then the doctor Wales up to them.
Matt: What happened? Is she alright?
Doctor: There was some internal bleeding; they're taking her into surgery.
Matt: Is she gonna be okay?
Doctor: Were gonna do everything that we can.(he walked away.)
Then sheriff Forbes walked up: Jake, have you talked to your mom?
Jake: I left her a message telling her I was here.
Sheriff Forbes: You need to call her.
Jake: What is it?
Sheriff Forbes:...it's your dad.
~~~•••~~~
Mystic Grill
Stefan goes out, Bonnie arrives.
Stefan: Oh, hey.
Bonnie: Hey.
Stefan: You...you just missed Madison.
Bonnie: I was looking for you actually.
Stefan: Oh.
Bonnie: Madison is my friend, and because she loves you, I couldn't let you or Damon die in that fire.
Stefan: I'm very grateful Bonnie, I hope you know that.
Bonnie: I do...but I hope you know that things have to change. Damon has to change.
Stefan: We both want the same thing.
Bonnie: We both want to protect the people we care about. The difference is, for you, Damon is one of them. You saw what I was able to do tonight. I know who I am now, and if Damon spills so much as one drop of innocent blood, I'll take him down. Even if I have to take you with him.
Stefan: Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
Bonnie: Let's hope it doesn't.
~~~•••~~~
Gilbert Residence
Damon walks out of the house. Madison arrives, she's holding her dress.
Madison: what are you doing here?
Damon: checking on Jeremy. Anna went all crazy on CeCe, and drank her blood.
Madison: oh my god, is she okay?
Damon: she's fine, I gave her some of my blood.
Madison: okay, good.
Damon: let me take this from you.
He takes the dress and her bag, and sets it down.
Madison: thank you.
Damon: you know, I came to this town wanting to destroy it. Tonight, I found myself wanting to protect it. How does that happen? I'm not a hero, Madi. I don't do good. It's not in me.
Madison: maybe it is.
Damon: nah, it's reserved for my brother, and you...Celia, Camille...even Bonnie, who even though she has every reason to hate me, still helped Stefan save me.
Madison: why do you sound so surprise?
Damon: Because she did it for you. Which means that somewhere along the way, you decided that I was worth saving. And I wanted to thank you for that.
Madison: you're welcome.
He kisses her on the cheek; they look at each other. He hesitates and then he kisses her she pulls away slightly and then Damon grabs Madison and they kiss passionately for a few seconds until Jenna opens the door and interrupts them. They stop and Damon tries to hide himself.
Madison: hi...
Jenna: it's late, you should probably come inside.

She looks at Damon, grabs her dress and goes into the house. Jenna closes the door.]
Jenna: What are you doing?
Madison: I don't want to talk about it.

Outside, Damon looks at the house, touches his lips and leaves.

Inside, Katherine posing as Elena watched the whole thing, she smirks.

In the kitchen, John opens the fridge and when he closes it, 'Elena' is there.
John: You scared me.
'Elena': Sorry.
John: You know...I first met Isobel when I was a teenager. I fell in love with her instantly, although I'm pretty sure she never loved me. She was special. A part of why I hate the vampires so much is because of what she became, how it ruined her. And I never would have sent her to Damon had I known she wanted to turn.
She looks at him while she puts away dishes.
John: It's my fault. I'm telling you this because I hoped maybe you'd understand.
'Elena': Thank you.
John: Can I help?
She looks at his ring.
'Elena': Sure.
She cuts his fingers off of the hand with the Gilbert ring with the knife she was putting away, and pushes him against the sink. John screams in pain.
John: Katherine?!
Her eyes change and become vampiric.
Katherine: Hello, John. Goodbye, John.
She stabs him.

Madison was upstairs in her room. She was on the phone with Stefan.
Madison: yeah, I'm at home. I'm gonna check on Jeremy before I head to the hospital. Can you meet me there? Okay. I love you Stefan.
She was at Jeremy's door.
Madison: Jeremy?! Are you up?
She hears a noise coming from the kitchen and starts walking down the stairs.

~~~•••~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 54 11
This story follows the life of the 4 year old Gilbert who had just gotten over her parents death. She is a sarcastic kid who is sassy. She has a lovi...
190K 5K 22
(Y/n) Gilbert was one of the most outgoing people you could ever meet, but when her parents died in an accident things became very rough. What once w...
30.7K 1K 13
Evelyn Gilbert is a kindred spirit. She is a gentle soul who never likes violence of any kind near her.Always spreading love and kindness through her...
3.8K 92 43
COMPLETED! Alexandra Gilbert, Elena and Jeremy's older sister, is a badass vampire-hunting witch. When the hunt for Katherine Pierce brings her back...