World's Greatest Thief vs. Wo...

By TheDaleyFlames

Dive into a whirlwind adventure where YOU are Chase Devineaux, ACME's top operative! ️‍♂️ Forget everything y... More

Intro
Chapter 1(Meeting the thief)
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chpater 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Bonus chapter: The Crimson Cape Comes Undone: Chase Captures Carmen

Chapter 3

1.8K 47 4
By TheDaleyFlames

As Y/n approached his sleek black sedan, the tranquility of the night was suddenly disturbed by a faint rustling sound emanating from behind. Turning to confront the source, he addressed Julia with a hint of irritation in his voice.

Y/n: (Jamaican-French accent) Julia, my dear, there seems to be something on your mind. Feel free to share whatever it is that troubles you.

Julia hesitated for a moment before responding, her tone gentle yet firm.

Julia: Mon cher Y/n, perhaps it's best if you take a moment to rest. Your dedication to justice is admirable, but you cannot pour from an empty vessel.

Y/n considered her words, acknowledging the wisdom in her advice. However, his thoughts remained focused on the task at hand.

Y/n: I appreciate your concern, but there's a crime to solve. I must ensure that the law prevails.

Julia: (smiling softly) You always put others before yourself, Y/n. Sometimes, it's important to allow others to shoulder the burden. Trust me, the police are capable of handling this situation.

Y/n: (slightly exasperated) Julia, I understand your perspective, but this is not a matter of trust. It's simply a matter of duty.

Julia: Then please, call me Julia.

Y/n: Very well, Julia. You may depart now.

Before she could leave, Y/n leaned forward and placed a tender kiss on her temple. "Until next time, my friend."

With a nod, she retreated, allowing Y/n to resume his investigation. Just as he was about to climb into his car, however, an unfamiliar sensation enveloped him. A strange odor wafted through the air, and before he knew it, he collapsed onto the cold pavement, succumbing to the effects of an unknown substance. Unconsciousness claimed him, leaving him vulnerable to the elements and the mysteries that lurked in the shadows.

Carmen Sandiego.

Carmen was in a diver suite swimming in a really strange place. She swam to where there was a pirate ship. She entered the strange little irate ship. She searched all over the place. She continued her swimming.

Carmen: I'm swimming through the past.

Player: Any sign of treasure?

Carmen: Tons but not the mind that would interest VILE.

She noticed a treasure chest.

Carmen: Scratch that.

She closes in on the treasure and started to break the lock. Once she got it opened, she found all sorts of stuff that isn't worth stealing. She suddenly found something really shiny. She wiped all the dust off of it and turns out that it was coin.

Carmen: Player, see what you could learn.

She started to take some phot of the coin. While she was doin there, she heard some noises.

Player: Whoa, what am I hearing?

Carmen looked all over to see if she could fin what was making that noise. There was a crack from below which made her lose her grip of the coin. She it was her old comrade, El Topo.

Carmen: You.

El Topo: You?

He noticed the coin in her hand. He pressed something on his suite and pushes her back and grabbed the coin. He swam away.

Player: Who was that?

Carmen: El Topo. If the mole is down below. He pal, that goat is sure to be above.

She was able to catch up with him. She grabbed him by the leg and then out her swimming suite into reverse. This made him let go of the coin. The two started to get a hold of the coin but by the time that one of them was near, a fish came out of nowhere and swallows it whole.

Carmen: WOW, that really just happened.

She pushed El Topo away and then swam for the fish. While she was gonna catch the fish, it was later pulled by some nets.

Carmen: Oh come on, seriously?

El Topo pushed her away and started to chase after the ship that the fish was on. During his chase, he found that he helmet was feeling up. What was the cause of this? It was because Carmen pulled something from his suite so he gave to swim up to surface and take his helmet off.

Player: Carm, I have a beat on your tracker.

Carmen: Keep a close watch player, we need a can of tuna.

She went back into the surface to meet up with her friends.

Carmen: He says his catch is already on its way to Quito for auction.

Ivy: For a fish out of water, old yellow fin sure gets around.

Player: Red, I've looked up the image of the coin. It's a doubloon alright, but it isn't Spanish. It's called the "Ecuador 8 escudos"

Carmen: So it's an Ecuadorian doubloon?

Player: It looks here like most coin hobbyist know it as the most dick doubloon.

Carmen: Moby Dick the book. Why would a coin be named after a famous whale?

Player: Because it's the coin that the captain Ahab snails to the mast of his ship as a reward to anyone who spits the white whale that keeps evading his capture.

Carmen: This doubloon is starting to feel like a white whale of my own.

Woman: Excuse me, were you speaking of the Ecuador 8 escudos?

Carmen: You've heard of it.

Dr.Marquez: Dr. Pillar Marquez. I am an archaeologist leading an excavation team to the shipwreck.

Carmen: Well is you are looking for one, you won't find it down there, not anymore.

Dr.Marquez: What? How do you know?

She looked at Carmen's team.

Dr.Marquez: You're not scavengers, are you?

Carmen: Coin hobbyist. Amateur.

Dr.Marquez: Then you may not realize that the escudos was the first doubloon minted here in Ecuador, in the 1830, shortly after we became our own nation. Only a mere handful were ever made.

Zack: Whoa! Must be worth millions!

Dr.Marquez: Despite it's rarity, the escudos does not have high monetary Value, though it is of tremendous cultural Value. As a symbol of Ecuador's independence, it remains one of the strongest links we have to our past.

Ivy: Oh well.

Zack: The fish can keep it.

Carmen: We'll find it's for you.

Zack and Ivy: We will?

Carmen: VILE have no idea what that coin is it isn't worth. So we have to secure it before they have idea where it is heading.

Y/n, L/n.

Y/n woke up in a really strange place. Where is he at the moment?

Y/n: What is this all about? Why do you have me here?

One of the agent pulled out her pen and dropped it right on the ground. It was the chief.

Chief: Agent L/n. May I have a word with you?

Y/n:Couldn't you have done any better than bringing here?

Chief: Perhaps you would have attacked my agents if I have done so, so figured that it was the best way for me to talk to you.

Y/n:I suppose that you are right. So anyways why did you bring me here.

Chief: It seems that you are the only one here that is capable of catching the elusive Carmen Sandiego.

Y/n: Is that so? Well I think that she could make a quite great revival for me. But what could I say, Carmen Sandiego is kinda cute when you get a closer look of her.

Chief: Don't get ahead of yourself champ. You really need to step up your game. And also there is something than just a random thief running around so you could catch. They go by the name VILE.

Y/n: What about them? Do you suspect that Carmen Sandiego is working for them?

Chief: Could be. They are far by the most dangerous criminals in the world. They have masterminded for so many years.

Y/n: So you need my help to take them dow is that right?

Chief: Precisely. But there is one problem. We can't actually prove that they exist. There are only a few VILE operative been apprehended by law enforcement agency. Another few have vanished before they could be questioned without a trace.

Y/n: Let me guess, that could use a lot of brains and detective to find a few more and you could also find that someone who is me?

Chief: Exactly.

She pointed her finger at his head.

Chief: Okay backup, because if I told pull out slowly, you could end up speaking backwards or tasting color. I'm joking.

She pulled out of his head.

Y/n: I could suspect that Carmen is their most wanted. Since she have the ability of a natural born thief and they're attempting I kidnap her. Is that right.

Chief: Precisely.

Y/n:I'll be sure to make sure that she stays out of the reach if VILE. And I could use some help finding them. My partner is the one that likes to look for clues. You should put her on the team as well.

Chief: Good point. And not to mention that you are the one that gave the tool to find Carmen Sandiego. You're probably the best that we have in here.

The door opened up.

Julia: Y/n, are you in here.

Chief: Your partner is pretty sharp.

Y/n: I know. She's my partner.

Carmen Sandiego.

Carmen passed out due to lack of oxygen. She woke up right in a bed where she hallucinate one of her VILE teacher: Coach Brunt.

Carmen: You found me as a baby. At the side of a road in Argentina. I always knew it was you.

She now realize that it was Dr.Marquez.

Dr.Marquez: Please, the air is very thin up here. You need oxygen.

She provided her with some oxygen. Carmen rose up from the bed.

Carmen: Zack? Ivy?

Dr.Marquez: I encouraged your colleagues to explore the fish market. Since they knew little about treating altitude sickness.

Carmen looked at her confused.

Dr.Marquez: Yes, I followed you. Did you think that I would trust a possible scavenger with my coin?

Carmen: Doctor, if I would have any hope of retrieving your doubloon, I really need to be...

She was still feeling a little woozy from the oxygen lack making her drop her bag and then all of her objects fell out. Marquez picked one of the objects.

Dr.Marquez: Are these the tools of an amateur coin hobbyist?

Carmen: You helped me. Please, allow to help you.

Carmen walked right into the fish market.

Zack: Don't feel so embarrassed Carm. The smell of fish gets me woozy too.

Carmen: Please tell me you've found it.

Ivy: Yep, we've been scanning the tuna carts on deck for the auction floor first to make sure that it didn't get past us. It's in that one over there.

Ivy pointed at the fish that got wheeled out the door.

Carmen: The one they just wheeled through those doors.

Carmen looked through the door. Carmen spotted another one of VILES. He goes by the name Le Chèvre.

Carmen: Le Chèvre.

Ivy: Again? That guy really gets my goats.

Carmen: He'd ID me in an instant with or without the coat. You two need to reel it in.

Zack: How?

Carmen: Bid to win.

Zack and Ivy were able to bid the tuna but Le Chèvre called in for the tuna. Right when Ivy and Zack reaches the tuna, a laser cut a hole open for the tuna. Carmen gave chase to El Topo who has the tuna. She threw a fish at his leg making him let go of the tuna. Right when she was about to catch the tuna, Le Chèvre uses a net to catch the tuna first.

Carmen: That doubloon isn't worth what you think it is. Stealing it would deprive Ecuador of a cultural treasure.

Le Chèvre: Tell it to Professor Maelstrom.

Carmen uses her grappling hook to pull down Le Chèvre along with the tuna down.

El Topo then ran off with the tuna only to be stopped by Zack and Ivy.

Ivy: Time to whack a mole bro.

El Topo: We will see who will be whacked.

El Topo around the tuna to hit them with it only to hit Le Chèvre instead. When he hit him with it, the coin fell right out of the tuna's mouth. Carmen caught it.

Zack: Whoa.

Ivy: Catch of the day.

We Topo carried Le Chèvre our of there.

Le Chèvre: I do not feel so well.

El Topo: It is the altitude, mi amigo. But I have the coin in hand.

Carmen the returned the coin.

Dr.Marquez: Thank you, Carmen Sandiego. Someday, the world will know your name.

Carmen: Just happy to do my party for Ecuador.

Dr.Marquez: Interesting to heat, coming from an Argentinian.

Carmen gave her a look.

Dr.Marquez: During your fever, you mistook me for someone close to you.

Carmen: A link to my past. We went our separate ways. But maybe a visit home would do me some good.

Player:*Over radio* I have breaking news red. That series of art theft that we've been tracking. It's way bigger than we thought. And I have reason to believe the next one one VILE's hit list is at the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam. 

Carmen: Buenos Aires will have to wait.

Carmen went into the boat with the rest of her friends.

Y/n.

Y/n was always wondering who was truly the one that helped him fight and who did he grew up with. Aside from catching Carmen Sandiego and locating Vile, these are the answers that he will have to find on his own.

Please vote and share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 479 37
|| Highest ranking yet #7 in action || || Editing on hold || There is a thin line difference between Revenge and Vengeance "Revenge" is more spit...
62.7K 859 31
❤️COMPLETED❤️ Book 1 of 3 Carmen grew up on a secret tropical island after being found abandoned on a Argentina market street. After going to a schoo...
42.1K 925 24
The last thing Graham Calloway remembers is being shot with the crackle rod by a brain-washed Carmen Sandiego. He wakes up in a hospital, where the C...
18.7K 301 40
HEYYYYYY *THIS STORY HAS SPOILERS!! MUST HAVE WATCHED ALL EPISODES TO NOT GET SPOILED* Get ready to unpack drama, get some cries, and sometimes be ma...