The Hidden Bionic (~Lab Rats...

Autorstwa kate8800

Destiny Lilac has been through a lot of stuff but when her best friend, Leo Dooley, gets a step-dad, her life... Więcej

A/N: Before Jumping In
Creating Lab Rat D
Surprise Training
Weird Upgrade
Splitting of the Davenports Part 1
Splitting of the Davenports part 2
Mission Creek High
Dooley Leo Dooley
Birthday Movie Night
Re-meeting Donald
Meet Destiny Lilac/Dooley-Davenport
Thanks (little fake extra chapter)
Crush Chop & Burn
Commando App
Leo's Jam
Rats on a Train
Smart And Smarter
Bionic Birthday Fail
A/N: Lent Holdup
A/N: Guess Who's Back?!
Death Spiral Smackdown
Can I Borrow the Helicopter?
Back From The Future
Chip Switch
Drone Alone
Chore Wars
Dude, Where's My Lab?
Air Leo
The Living Virus
Mission Invisible
Concert In A Can
Mission: Space
Book 2!!

Exoskeleton vs. Grandma

7.9K 160 19
Autorstwa kate8800

February 2015

~Edited July 9, 2015~

*Destiny's POV*

I was looking at Davenport's inventions along with Leo, except I wasn't making lots of 'oos' and 'awws.' I was looking at an invention that was close to Davenport while Leo was going everywhere. One second at one invention, another second at a different one. He was becoming weirder with these inventions. After Leo said the sixteenth 'ahh,' Davenport and I both look at him weirdly. He made his way over to me and again said something annoying and went over to Davenport's desk.

"Ho, ho, what's this?!" Leo excitedly asks while picking something up. Me and Davenport hurry towards Leo and I look over his shoulder to see it. Davenport, on the other hand, grabbed it out of Leo's hands.

"Hey, that's part of my 'put that down' collection." Davenport said as he put the thing down.

"Oh, sweet pen!" Leo complimented as he picked up a weird pen.

"It's not a pen. It's a highly-pressurized air canister that can inflate a blimp in 8.6 seconds." Davenport informed.

"Awesome! But how?" I ask as Leo asked something else. "This little thing?"

"Mmm-hmm and I did it by-" Davenport was interrupted by Leo.

"Impossible." He turned it on and me and Davenport were being blown away. I grabbed on to the table as Chase went over to help turn it off. Davenport grabbed the pen and shut it off while taking off his goggles.

"You might wanna put a little warning sign on that!" Leo told him. I moved over to his side and hit him on the shoulder and glared at him. He shrugged it off and looked around.

"So, what're you having? Garage sale for geeks?" Leo asked Davenport. Davenport fakes a laugh and says "No."

"We are preparing for....The Call!!" Davenport dramatically told us. His eyes wandering off, looking dramatically serious.

"Once a year, Mr. Davenport and I present his newest devices to all the international buyers. In other words..." Chase started. "Ka-ching!" They both said in unison. They started to do a hand shake together and Leo, being Leo, wanted to join. They both look weirdly at him while I face-palm myself.

"What are you doing?" Chase asked.

"I wanna be in on...The Call!"Leo said while doing the weird solemn thing.

"Yeah and I wanna be on The Ellen Show but likewise it's not gonna happen." I smirk at him. He glares at me and turns back to Davenport with hopeful eyes.

"Yeah, sorry, Leo. There's no more room. I'm already the product specialist, the set designer, chief demonstrator, and insanely happy spokesmodel." Chase listed off. He then did a weird smile and pretended to point at something.

"Although, there might be a role for Leo. As long as someone follows him around everywhere he goes with a fire extinguisher." Davenport said.

"That could be me! If I can join, or I could be something else...." I tell him. Leo nods at my statement.

"But Mr. Davenport, I'm way better at selling this stuff than Leo." Chase begged Davenport.

"Please, I could sell nunchucks to a nun named Chuck!" Leo quoted.

"Oh please, you can barely give a chicken food without running!" I say remembering him from that day. He glared at me and went to the invention that I was looking at.

"I could sell this thing without knowing what it is." Leo said while picking it up.

"Leo, no. That's an electro-field destabilizer. Whatever you do, don't let it-" Leo accidentally placed the destabilizer on the metal stand and he was knocked over to the door.

"Touch metal.." Davenport finished. Chase was smiling and I was trying to hold in my laughter.

"I have to admit. A small part of me was hoping that would happen." Chase admitted.

"Well, can a big part of you come over and help me up?!" Me, Davenport, and Chase rush over to pick up Leo.

"Good sellin', Chuck." I say as I look down at him.

"If I wasn't hurt, I would chase you right now..." Leo threatened.

-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-

Bree and Chase were tossing a bean bag. Adam was pushing Leo up an down like a barbell. Tasha was talking to Grandma Rose while I was recording Davenport. He was trying to communicate to people in Singapore with a weird invention on his head. He was mumbling to himself while balancing on one foot.

"Yes, mom. Leo, Destiny and I love our new home. Oh, you should...come and...visit!" Tasha worriedly said on the phone.

"467, 468, Are you recording Big D? 469--." Leo counted/asked. I raise my hand into a thumbs up and continued to record Davenport.

"Shh! I'm picking up radio free Singapore!" He then started to horribly sing in Singapore's language. "That's gonna be a hit. You mark my words."

"Oh yeah. This is gonna be a huge hit!" I said grinning. I could already imagine how many views this would have. Over 6 million! Maybe...I'm recording Donald Davenport, a billionaire, and he's doing this...Hilarious!

"But not today! Why?" She paused for a bit.

"Donald is sick!" I whisper towards her.

"Because Donald's not feeling well." Davenport looked at us. "Look, I gotta go, he just threw up in my purse. Love you, bye!" She quickly hung up and placed it on the table.

"You know we're gonna have to have your mother over eventually." Davenport told Tasha. I stopped recording and sent it to Leo.

"No, we don't. Look, my mom doesn't just visit. She has inspections. If she spot anything weird, she will use it as an excuse for her to move in." Tasha explained. Chase tossed the bean bag to where we were and Bree super speeded to us to get it.

"Nothing weird here!" Bree said as she threw the bean bag to Chase.

"Honey, when your mother visits, I will shower her with love, I will make her feel welcome, and I will do everything humanly possible to--" Davenport was then cut off by the door bell ringing.

"It's my mother!" Tasha exclaimed. We saw on Eddy's monitor that Grandma Rose was looking at it.

"I'll be in the lab!" Davenport said.

"Me too!" I quickly bolted along with Davenport while Tasha yelled for me. We entered the elevator, gasping for our breaths.

"How...come..you..wanna...hide?" Davenport asked me while still gasping for his breath.

"Met her once. Seemed bad. Not bad as Principal Perry, but I didn't want to see her again!" I explained as I leaned my back to the wall. The doors opened and we entered the lab. I sat on his chair and started typing on his computer.

"What are you doing?" He said looking over my shoulder. I look at him and see that he took off the weird device. I started typing more and plugged my phone into a cord. I dragged the video of Davenport into a slot and typed the last few things.

"And done!" I say as I pressed the enter key. I got out of his seat just so that Davenport would replace me.

"Done with what? I want to see!" Davenport mused.

"Here let me show you." I typed 'Donald Davenport's Singapore One Hit' and clicked on the video. I played the video and it was Davenport doing the weird one foot thing. His eyebrows rose up as he progressed through the video. Leo came into the lab and looked at us. I waved at him to come over to us to watch Davenport's reaction. He laughs as he sees Davenport's reaction, that hasn't changed yet.

"Well, you did say that it would become a hit, and it did! Look there's 2 million views already!" I tell him. He nods and smiles.

"You're right! It is a hit! Anyways let's get ready for..." He stands up before solemnly saying, "The Call!" He fixed his tie and we joked around.

-8-8-8-8-8-8-

"I said, of course not. A camel has two humps!" Davenport told us. We all laughed at his joke and Chase came in.

"Guys, so, here are your fully collated, colored-coded presentation packets. I had them laminated so you can practice in the shower!" Chase told us while handing us the packets.

"Wow...This would be cool if you didn't add in the shower part." I say as I bring it away from my face.

"You know, I say we just wing it." Leo brings up.

"Leo's right. We shouldn't over think it." Davenport agreed.

"Yeah. It's a presentation about gadgets. The script is written all over them. Just tell them the invention, what it does, and what it's useful for. It's that simple right?" I also agree. They nod their heads but Chase wasn't buying it.

"But, guys. I wrote an entire script filled with our spontaneous, yet, witty banter!" He argued. I give him a weird look and he shrugs it off.

"And we would all love to hear that someday, but now, Big D, Destiny, and Leo are gellin' on the sell it." Leo tells him. Davenport, Leo, and I all do a hand shake but Chase was getting jealous.

"No, no, no handshakes! I mean, Leo's great and all, but you and I are the dynamic duo here. I understand if Destiny gets to join since she knows more technology then Leo..." He trails off.

"Hey!" Leo says getting offended.

"But what if something happened? He could get electrocuted! Again!" Chase leans over to Davenport on the last part.

"Yeah, but I could use both of them. This year I am unveiling my coup d'etat." Davenport brags.

"With children in the room!" Leo covers Chase's ear. I hit his shoulder and he rubs it.

"No, I am talking about a level of technology so amazing that I have to unveil it game show style!" Davenport says while inching over to the door. He points at it while smiling and it opens up revealing a mechanical suit.

"It's my exo-skeleton! And, Leo, you have been doing such a great job helping, you're gonna be in it when we make...The Call!" Davenport says doing the thing again. Why do they do that?

"What? No! You said that I was gonna present the exo-skeleton! If not any of us why not Destiny?" Chase argued. He is really getting jealous.

"Chase, you've been doing this for years. It's not gonna kill you to let Leo demo one thing. Besides, there will be plenty of other little things for you to do. And also Destiny will be in charge of keeping the exo-skeleton from going haywire!" I nod at his explanation.

"Yeah, like stand and point, Vanna." Leo told Chase pretending to be Vanna White from Wheel of Fortune.

"Fine, you know what? Leo should demo the exo!" Chase said while smiling. He's up to something, and it's bad.

"See, that's more like it." Davenport pats Chase's shoulder.

"You deserve it, Leo." Chase smiled even more.

"Well, I do pride myself on my work ethnic." Leo gloated. The three of us left leaving Chase with the exo. Hopefully The Call will turn out all right.

-8-8-8-8-8-8-

Davenport and I were watching Leo and Chase present the particle collider in front of the buyers. It was kind of weird seeing that Chase was getting angry at him for 'stealing his thunder.' I watch them curiously fight for the fame of the buyers. They were also confused about them working together. When Chase was telling them about an invention, Leo went behind Chase and took the invention and was showing it behind his back. I quickly grab the invention and placed it down on the pedestal. Davenport dragged them away as I stalled the buyers.

"They next invention you're about to see is thrilling. It will amazing your dazzling eyes! It is so amazing we need to expand the camera!" I stall as I press on a button on the remote. Davenport stands next to me and I stall even more for Leo to get into the exo.

"The invention is made by yours truly. It is the moment we've all been waiting for!" I point to Davenport as he waves and smiles.

"I know it's the moment I've been waiting for." I hear Chase say.

"One coup d'etat being served as ordered!" We both move back as Leo stomps his way over for the buyers to see it.

"Exo-skeleton in the house!" Leo said opening his visor. Davenport nudges me and I go in front of the camera.

"That's right! The power of ten men in a one size fits all suit!"

"Leo, please demonstrate by lifting that table!" Davenport concluded as he dragged me away from the table. "Now, ladies and gentlemen, see how elegantly he--" Davenport was cut off by Leo karate chopping his table in half.

"Smashes my table of priceless invention!" Davenport ducks a punch from Leo. Chase and I run towards Davenport and we duck near a cyber table.

"Gee, if only I had warned you that letting Leo help us was a bad idea." Chase remarked to Davenport.

"Leo, stop destroying stuff!!" I yelled at him.

"I can't! I'm not doing anything! This thing is out of control!" Leo tells me. He destroys another priceless invention and we all wince at it.

"My bad! *crash* You didn't need that, did you? *smash* Oh! Was that expensive?" Leo says each time an invention was destroyed. I quickly run in front of the camera and try to clear off the problem.

"You know, there can be computer generated things with live web cams! I hate that!" The exo came close to me and I trembled. "You know what let's re-schedule! Hang up!" I run back to the two boys and Leo smashes the camera. Leo continued to smash the lab while Davenport, Chase, and I kept going behind each other so that someone would be the shield.

"AHHHH. Okay, this is the scariest and most awesome thing that has ever happened to me!" Leo screams.

"Are you guys using me as a shield!?" Chase asks us.

"You're bionic!" "I'm a girl!!" We both make excuses. We all ducked and Davenport complained.

"I don't get it! I must've tested it like 120 times! I don't know what must've happened!" Davenport stuttered.

"Something must've gone haywire with the power source when I reversed the controls...." Davenport and I both looked at Chase. "I guess..." Chase added. I hit him on the shoulder and I was about to hit him again if it wasn't for Davenport holding me back.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to go berserk. I just wanted to mess with Leo!" Chase confessed. We all look up from the desk just to see something get thrown in front of us.

"Well, next time, could you give him a wedgie like everybody else!?" Davenport yelled/asked. We kept switching spots as Leo came closer and closer towards us. Davenport was in front of me and was the first one when Leo finally came close enough to crush us.

"Big D, I hope this doesn't hurt our friendship, but I think I'm gonna crush you!" Leo admitted. The exo grabbed Davenport by his tie and raised his other arm, ready to punch him.

"NOT THE FACE! NOT THE FACE!!" Davenport begged. The exo then started to power down and then let go of Davenport. I helped Davenport up and he was glad he was 'handsome' still.

"Leo, get out of that thing!" I command him. I raise his visor and he looks at Davenport.

"I know this wasn't exactly what you were going for, Big D, but, man, are we gonna sell a ton of these!" Leo told him. I shake my head in disapproval and we helped him out of the exo. We started to clear up the lab a little and Davenport was fixing the exo while giving Chase a stern talk.

"Chase, how could you do this?" He asked.

"Come on, with my mechanically inclined intelligence, how could I not?!" He said thinking it was a joke.

"Oh, with my high defensive temper, how can I not hit you numerous amount of times!" I snap at him. Leo holds me back and tells me to calm down.

"Oh you did something, all right. You ruined my biggest sale of the year! Now I'm gonna have to re-schedule...The Ca- you know what? It's not even fun to say anymore!" He pouted. Tasha came into the lab and looked really angry.

"What on Earth is going on down here!?" She asked looking around.

"The Exo-skeleton went berserk and almost crushed me!" Davenport told her.

"My mother is upstairs." She countered. I widen my eyes and I look at both of the adults talk.

"Yeah, okay. You win." He quickly agrees, knowing how violent she can be. I nod with him vigorously and look at Tasha, who is still really mad.

"She's been asking where you guys are and I'm running out of excuses! I need everyone upstairs acting like a normal family now!" She shouted pointing at all of us. She marched out of the lab and we flinched.

"We should probably do what she says. She's more prone to violence than the Exo-skeleton." Davenport feared. I started walking towards the stairs but I stopped when Davenport started talking again.

"And, Chase, I am very disappointed in you. I don't want you on the next call." Davenport told him. I gestured towards the stairs and he followed.

"You know, since Chase won't be in the next call, you can fill in for him." He informs me.

"I don't know...I don't wanna talk about it now, we got an angry grandma upstairs!" I wince at the thought and we both start walking up the stairs faster. We agreed to wait for the boys and then entered the living room.

"Donald! Destiny!" Grandma Rose announced.

"Rose!" "Mama Rose!" We both said.

"About time. I was beginning to think you two were avoiding me!" She crossed her arms above her chest.

"I was--" I nudged him with my elbow and he caught on, "sick. I mean, I was sick. I was feeling very ill. And I had a very important phone call, but it's not nearly important as you!"

"And I was taking care of him!" I also lie, "Tasha saw you were here and knew she needed to show you a tour of the house, so she asked me to take care of him. And also help him with his important phone call." I flawlessly say since it was half-way true. Everyone started at me in awe on how I was able to lie without hesistation. Davenport then put his arm around my shoulders and pretended to nod.

"I believe you two."

"Really?" I ask.

"No, but it was a good lie."

"Thanks." "I thought so." We both respond. Davenport removed his arm and pointed towards Bree and Adam.

"Honey, what're Adam and Bree doing?"

"You mean our chef and trainer?" She slightly tilts her head towards Gramdma Rose and smiles.

"That explains what they're doing."

"Uh, just a couple more minutes!" Adam yelled from the kitchen.

"You know what? Let's just all sit down and have a nice dinner together." Tasha annouced.

"We can sit down but having a nice dinner just isn't gonna happen." Leo says. He must've seen what Adam was cooking. Tasha glared at him and we all started to sit at the table.

"Hey, you're Leo's manny and you're letting him near a hot stove?" Grandma Rose told/asked Chase. Chase skipped over to Leo while Adam came to the table with a pot. I sat near Leo and Davenport and Adam poured a little bit of what was in the pot.

"What the!" Grandma Rose exclaimed when she saw Adam's disaster.

"Pa-sghetti?" He said the food incorrectly.

"What in the name of Ceasar's ghost is going on around here?!" She asked.

"Trust me, there's nothing unusual going on here. Everything is completely normal." Tasha assured Rose. Suddenly the Exo-skeleton crashed into the kitchen while breaking the wall. How did he power on? I thought it used all it's battery!

"Well, that was horrible timing." Davenport seemed unfazed. The exo made one of the counters fall down which made everyone, excluding me, stand up.

"What is that!"

"That is another member of our staff...Go away, James! We don't need you right now!" Leo lied.

"Boy, I'm old, not senile! And that's no butler! I'm out!" Rose ran to the corner of the couch and hid behind there. We followed her lead and I hid near couch while Chase and Leo hid near the fake plants. The exo continued to trash everything around while we watched.

"Adam, don't just sit there. Go take that thing down!" Bree commanded Adam. Adam started to stand up but then Tasha brought him down.

"No! You do that then someone will know that someone has...certain abilities!" She exclaimed. Rose looked at her weirdly and then turned her attention towards the exo. The exo threw something over our heads and we ducked.

"Oh, well, great! Now dinner's ruined!" Adam yelled.

"Donald, you're the man of the house, do something!" Rose commanded him.

"Right. I'll take care of this!" Davenport started to walk towards the exo but then came back when it shot a laser at him.

"My hero." Rose sarcastically cheered.

"Correction! Donald is A man in this house!" I correct her. I see her nod in the corner of my eye. I look at the exo and I got an idea.

"Wait, I have an idea!" Leo exclaims.

"Wait." I tell him. He's gonna get the destabilizer! "You go get it while I try to do my idea, okay?" He nods and runs off. I turn to Donald while watching the exo in the corner of my eye.

"Is there an off switch in the control panel?" I ask him.

"Yeah! Good thinking! But you can--" I stand up and wave my hands.

"Hey, tin bucket!" It turns towards my direction and looks at me. "You're wires are a little out dated. What do you think about that!?" It then shot a laser, which I dodged and jumped on the couch to face it to the left.

"What is she doing?!" I hear Rose yell. "You see your little gizmo is putting us all in danger! That robot is about to kill us! See, back when I was a kid back in the day--" Rose started to say but I interupted her.

"Yeah, yeah, we get it. It's the future! Deal with it! Davenport, can you try to distract it with something?" I yell as I dodge a few lasers. Davenport threw a pillow at it and it turned towards his direction.

"It's destroying out house and your tossing pillows at it!?" Tasha yelled.

"It's a distraction!" I yell. I kick it in the torso and it walked back a little bit. It shoots more lasers but I duck while running. I jump to kick it in mid air and it knocks back. I land on my knees and I run to rip out the control panel door but it catches me and carries me with the collar of my shirt. I start kicking the air underneath me trying to get away but nothing helps. Leo comes in with the destabilizer and goes over to where Chase was.

"Here, you should do it. Sorry for stealing your sizzle." Leo apologizes.

"No, I'm the one who should be sorry. I just have to get used to the idea of having another brother around."

"Guys, I'm really enjoying the heartfelt moment, but I'm running out of pillows and Destiny is gonna get crushed any minute!" Davenport interupts. He throws a pillow at the exo and it turns around with me still hanging in the air.

"Hey, exo!" Chase grabs its attention. He flips around and lands on his knees. The exoskeleton turns towards Chase.

"Here comes the pain!" I hear Leo say behind me. The exo hits the destabiizer out of Leo's hands and grabs his arms above his head with me still hanging.

"Hey Chase, did we have a plan B?" He asks.

"Hey! Nobody lays a hand on my grandchildren!" Rose yelled at it. "It's time to pick up the hat!" She does a back kick which makes us fall on the floor and she scurries back to her hiding spot.

"Way to go, grandma! And you didn't even break a hip!" Bree cheered. The exo turns to us and I cover my face, waiting for my demise.

"Look out!" I hear Chase yell. Chase helps me and Leo up and uses his force field.

"Stay close." He brings the destabilizer to the exo and it flies off and falls down. We all cheered and high-fived each other, but Rose was still hungry for answers.

"Somebody better tell me what's going on right now and right now just past so you're not talking fast enough!" Rose sternly told all of us.

"Rose, there is a completely rational explaniation for all of this. You're delusional. Who wants dessert!" Davenport asks the last part quickly just to changed the subject.

"You know what, mom? This is our life! Our house may be high-tech and chaotic,but it is full of love and it may not be perfect for you but it is perfect for your family!" Tasha tells her while joining us.

"What family? Wait a minute, who are these people?"

"They! Are my...brother's kids! That I adopted when he died, fell in a volcano." He semi-lied to Rose. If only they knew, but hopefully they won't. He wasn't lying about about the whole thing, though, but it seemed that he was lying to her. Rose looked decisive and came closer to us. We all smiled nervously and we hoped that she would buy it.

"Well, why didn't you just say so! Now it all makes sense! You're just a modern family with a bunch of adorable kids who will need their grandma around all the time!" We all look at her seriously and she continued, "I can stay for a few days in the spare room you got down the hall, come on, baby!" She gestured Tasha to follow her. "I got my overnight case in the car, and Gladys is watching Poochie so it's no problem. Don't thank me now! Come on!" They exited the door and I noticed that Adam and Bree exited the living room as well.

"Chase, you really messed up today, but you kind of made it up for it the way you helped Leo like a brother. And since we have to re-schedule it anyways, I want you three to be on...The Call! Oooo it's back, baby!" We all fist bumped and we all went into the lab together.

-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-

We were all waiting for pizza because we were watching a show. I sat on the arm of the couch that was close to Grandma Rose and we laughed at a funny scene.

"Man, I am starving!" Rose said.

"You can say that, again!" I agreed with her. The doorbell rang and we all looked at the door.

"That must be pizza!" Davenport said. Rose and I cheered and Leo said he would get it. He was in the exo- skeleton.

"Leo what are you doing in that thing?" Tasha asked. He opened the door and the pizza guy was scared and ran off leaving the pizza at the doorway.

"Getting free pizza!" He cheered. He brings the pizza and puts it on the table and we start going near it while cheering. Me and Davenport clapped at his 'performance' and I high-fived him once he left the exo. Today was chaotic, but fun at the same time!

~Fin~

Happy Valentine's Day!! This is a little Valentine's present for you guys! Also just a quick little thing, the book was published in December 28, 2014! So if we have a one year anniversary, then that's the date of it. Thanks for your support! Over 600 reads! Ask me any questions you have and I'll answer them! Thank you guys and I hope you have a great Valentine's Day! Bye!! #ForeverAlone

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

575K 10K 100
"Turn your face towards the sun, Let the shadows fall behind you, Don't look back, Just carry on, And the shadows will never find you" ...
287K 3.3K 13
❝𝐵𝐸𝑆𝑇 𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑁𝐺𝑆 𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑃𝐸𝑁 𝑈𝑁𝐸𝑋𝑃𝐸𝐶𝑇𝐸𝐷.❞ 𝑨 𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒍 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒃𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒄 𝒔𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈�...
180K 3K 24
Katherine Dooley was adopted three years ago, by Tasha. She still remembers her parents before they died, but not much of them. Tasha has just marrie...
134K 2.1K 26
a lot has happened during the past year in haley ford's life. she made three new best friends, who had bionic abilities, and since then, she has had...