short embarrassing narratives

By Cordeliasproperty

BEWARE: All of these that I will post are very dumb. They were written 1 or 2 years ago, but a lot has change... More

Under The Rug

23 1 1
By Cordeliasproperty

The thing under the rug was there two weeks ago, and it was happening again.

"Get the heck out! Get out from under there!" Oscar screamed.

The man threw the lamp onto the mysterious object. Something was lurking beneath the carpet.

"Stop moving! Leave!" he yelled again.

Oscar grabbed the end table and threw it at the carpet.

It was gone.

"Whew. Thank goodness." Oscar murmured.

There came a fast knocking at the door.

"Oscar? Oscar? Are you alright? Did something happen?" his neighbor yelled.

Oscar didn't necessarily care for people. So, he went ahead to the kitchen to grab a beer. His feet just stumbled around the floor.

"Please Oscar! Open up the door!" his neighbor called again.

"In a minute!" Oscar replied.

He went over to the door without even picking up the shattered glass and tossed things.

"Hey, Os-"

"What do you want?" he interrupted.

"May I come in?" The neighbor lady asked.

"Well, You are already here, so why not," Oscar replied.

"I know it's been hard since your wife died. I just wanted to let you know I'll always be here for you. What happened to your living room?"

"Thanks," Oscar said genuinely.

Oscar didn't reply. It seemed like he was ignoring her question. You could tell he was thinking though. His face always got scrunched up when he was thinking.

"What are you thinking about?" she asked.

"Oh, nothing," he said back.

"Come on. You can tell me!" She responded.

"Well, I just can't believe she is gone. I loved her with all of my heart, you know?" Oscar said.

Suddenly a bump scrambled around under the carpet.

"What was that?" Oscar yelled while pointing at the floor.

He got extremely nauseous.

"Leave!" He screamed.

"Oscar! Oscar! There is nothing there! What are you talking about?"

"There! Do you not see that thing?" He squawked.

"Oscar! Calm down. Listen, please. You really should see someone. I think it's really important for you." The neighbor said.

"No. No. No. Everything is fine. Please, just leave." Oscar replied.

"Please. I'll even drive you there." She forced worriedly.

"Leave."

"Fine." She answered as she stood up and slowly walked towards the door. She waited there for a few minutes, just waiting for Oscar to say something.

"Nicole. Go. Now." Oscar Shouted at her.

Nicole was very surprised that he remembered her name.

'You're-"

"NOW."

Tears were now streaming down Nicole's face. She opened and slammed the door behind her.

"Help? I need help? Who does she think she is? If anything she is the one who needs help!" Oscar thought as he trudged through all the broken things to his bedroom.

"What a joke," he said as he laid in his bed. He gently fell into a deep sleep.

He began to dream.

"Hello, sir. What is your name?" A mysterious man whispered.

"Oscar Weebler." Oscar replied.

"No. That is not your name." The man replied.

"Yes, it is," Oscar shouted back.

"No. Your name is Denny Brewer." He said

"No. It is not." Oscar paused, "Who are you by the way?"

"I am your doctor. Dr. Callahan. Your name is Denny."

"I am Oscar." Oscar started to look around. "I am so confused. Where am I?"

"You are at Pine Wood Psych Ward. Do you not remember what you have done?" Dr. Callahan asked.

"What do you mean?" Oscar asked.

"Where is your wife?"

"She- She drowned. What does that have to do with anything?"

"And how about your kids."

"They drowned also. Now answer my question!"

"Denny, Denny, Denny. You murdered your two kids. Your wife committed suicide after she saw her children's lifeless bodies on the ground. You called the police on yourself." Dr. Callahan murmured.

"No! No I didn't! I know for a fact this is all a dream! Wake up Oscar! Wake up!"

"Come on Denny. Lay down, go to sleep."

"Fine."

Oscar laid down and pretended to be asleep. Dr. Callahan invited another doctor into the room because he thought Oscar was asleep.

"Hello, Dr. Shultz. Denny is still not with it." Dr. Callahan whispered worriedly.

"What are we going to do?" Dr. Schultz asked.

"When he wakes up, we should question him. Ask him what he is dreaming about." Dr. Callahan said.

Both of the doctors left, and Oscar sat up. He looked over and saw a horrible sight.

"Why are you here? What are you? Why do you keep coming back?" He yelled at the bump.

The thing was still there. Oscar could see what it looked like, but he knew beady little eyes were watching him.

"Get out! Why are you following me?" Oscar asked shakily.

Nurses heard his screaming and barged in.

"Do you see it? Tell me you see that...thing." Oscar shouted.

"What thing?" The nurses questioned in unison.

"Oh my gosh! You guys can't see it either! First Nicole, now you two!" Oscar muttered.

"Who is Nicole?" One of the nurses asked.

"Nicole is my neighbor! She came over yesterday and couldn't see it!"

"You don't have any neighbors, Denny. You've been here for the past two years and four months." They revealed.

"No. You are wrong! I was at my house. I can even tell you my address! 37 Jameson Avenue." Oscar spit out.

"That's where you lived two and a half years ago, Denny." They said.

"No. You've got it all wrong. Also, please stop calling me Denny! I am Oscar!"

One of the nurses calls Dr. Callahan to come to his room.

"Denny, Oscar isn't real. Your wife and kids didn't drown in a boating accident. You murdered your two kids, Carrie and Cynthia because they wouldn't stop hiding under the blankets. Your wife came home from her job at the bank, she saw her two precious children and killed herself. You walked into the living room and saw the three most important people in your life laying there. You watched them for seven hours, then hid their bodies under the rug. Denny, that is what I've been trying to get you to understand for the past two years. Do you remember? Do you?"

"I- I'm Denny?"

"Yes!" Dr. Callahan exclaimed.

"I'm sorry I didn't realize before," Denny said.

"It's okay. Do you remember your last name?" Dr. Callahan asked.

"Brewer, right?" Denny replied.

"Yes! We are making progress! We will continue tomorrow! I'll see you tomorrow!" Dr. Callahan shrieked.

Denny laid down very excitedly. He drifted off into a deep sleep.

"Rise and shine!" Dr. Callahan roared.

"Oh, hi!" Denny replied while rubbing his eyes.

"I have a quick question. What is your name?" Dr. Callahan questioned.

"I'm Oscar Weebler... Who are you?" 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I CAN NOT BELIEVE I WROTE THIS FOR ENGLISH LAST YEAR WHAT THE FUCKKKKKK IS WRONG WITH ME????????? MBJHRB,JDF,DFKJBGFN, FDBKJ.NBCF NV VFNNDFKJFDB

Chile- anyways, I hope you got second-hand embarrassment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...