Why did it have to be you? (C...

By MyFanaticHeart101

Camila had the perfect life.She had the money, the friends, the family. But what happens when her parents dec... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Quick Question
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50- Part 1
Question!
Help!!
Chapter 50- Part 2
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Sequel is up

Chapter 26

21.9K 537 516
By MyFanaticHeart101

Camilas POV

She looks so peaceful laying down on my arm. My arm fell asleep thirty minutes ago but I don't want to move it and risk her waking up. School started an hour ago but I didn't want to move away from Lauren so I just stayed in bed. She might be mad but i'll just say that I woke up late to. I sighed and brought my free hand up to her cheek. 'How can this little prick cause me to become crazy?' I don't know what came over me yesterday. When I came back from school and saw her with Elizabeth I got so angry. 'What is it about you Lauren?'

"Mmmm. I want a cookie." Lauren mumbled out of nowhere. I smiled down at her. She's been sleep talking for a while now. I wonder what she dreams of. She started stirring and finally opened her eyes. I quickly closed mine and pretended to be asleep. I felt her head get off of my arm.

"Fuck we're late." She mumbled. I expected her to shake me or something but instead she layed back down. "I guess no school for today." She cuddled into my chest and wrapped her arm around my waist. I couldn't stop the small smile that creeped over my face. My arm was starting to cramp so I rolled on top of Lauren and cuddled into her chest. I heard groan.

"Seriously." She mumbled. I tried so hard not to laugh. I brought my dead arm under my head and rested my other one by her head. I heard her sigh and then felt her arms wrap around my lower back. "If I didn't like you I would've pushed you off." She breathed out. My smile widened. "Alright i'm having trouble breathing so i'm going to roll you over." Does she know i'm awake or is she just talking to herself? The thought of her talking to herself nearly made me burst out laughing, but I stopped myself just in time. She gently layed me on my side. I guess it's time to 'wake up'. I pretended to stir and slowly opened my eyes. When I looked at Lauren she had her eyes closed. Is she pretending to be asleep? Hmmmm. I might as well have some fun with her. I sat up quickly.

"Holy shit we're late." I said in an overly dramatic way. I got off the bed and stood by the foot of the bed frame. I stomped my feet so it could sound like I was running around. After a few minutes I walked over to the night stand and grabbed the keys.

"See ya around Lauren." I said and walked over to the door. I opened and closed it then ran to the couch. Laurens back was towards me so I just sat there and watched her. She slowly sat up and stared at her lap.

"That bitch left me." She mumbled. "She would actually leave me if I were asleep?" She asked herself. What a weirdo. She shook her head and stood up to go the bathroom. I quickly went back to the bed and placed the keys back where they were. I covered myself up and pretended to be asleep again. When the bathroom door opened I closed my eyes.

"What the fuck?" She mumbled. I felt her take a seat next to me and she shook me. I slowly opened my eyes and faked a yawn. "Didn't you just leave for school?"

"No I just woke up." I replied. She gave me a confused look.

"No. I swear you got up and left. You even took my car keys." She turned her direction to the night stand. I looked over as well and only saw the keys where they were before. "No. They were gone and so were you."

"Lauren I think you're still tired. Maybe you were sleep walking or something because clearly you were hallucinating." I sat up and pulled her down to lay down next to me.

"No. I don't sleepwalk or hallucinate. I swear you were...." I cut her off.

"Just go back to sleep Lolo." I placed a finger over her lips. She nodded her head and closed her eyes. I got out of the bed and went to the bathroom. Once I got out Lauren was already dressed and putting on her shoes.

"Where are you going?" I questioned as I walked in front of where she was sitting.

"Don't you mean where are we going?" She raised a brow at me.

"I'm not going to school. What's the point if we already missed two classes."

"No we're not going to school. We're going to get breakfast. Now hurry up and change." I nodded my head and went to the closet as she walked out of the room. I decided to wear her hoodie and my tightest jeans, not that i'm trying to impress her. I put on my converse and got myself ready before I exited our room. When I went downstairs Lauren was talking to that Elizabitch chick again. Ugh! Can't she get the memo and back off.

"Haha. Oh wow Lauren you're so funny." The high pitched girl said while gently shoving Laurens shoulders.

"Really because i'm not even trying." Lauren smirked.

"No Lauren you aren't funny. Not even when you try." They both turned in my direction. Elizabeth rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to Lauren. "Are we going already because I am starving?"

"Ummm. Yeah let me just get my phone, I left it in the room." She started walking towards me. I saw Elizabeth checking her out. I felt myself growing angry. As Lauren passed me I grabbed her wrist and turned her to face me. "What's...." she started to say until I cut her off by pressing my lips on hers. I heard a scoff come from Elizabitch. I smiled and pulled away.

"Go get your phone babe." I winked at her. She stood there speechless but nodded her head. I started to laugh when she didn't move. "Go on." I grabbed her shoulders and gently pushed her in the direction of the stairs. She slowly made her way up. Once she was out of my sight I turned and glared at Elizabeth, who was already glaring at me.

"Now listen here Elizabitch." I started to say. "Lauren is mine so back off. If I ever see you checking her out or even taking a second glance at her I will make sure to get your ass fired from here. Got it?" Her shocked expression turned to an evil grin.

"I don't care if I get fired. Just know that even if I do get fired I will not back off of her. In fact go ahead and fire me now because if you do, then what do you have to threaten me with in order for me to stay away?" I stayed silent. "Exactly. The only reason i'm not coming onto her so fast is because I work for her parents. If I didn't work for them then you can sure as hell bet that she would've been mine already. So go ahead and fire me but just know that nothing will hold me back from her once you do and I will take her away from you."

"Now listen you little fuck face....." I started to say through gritted teeth until Laurens voice interrupted.

"Ok I got my phone let's go." She walked past me and went towards the front door. I turned to Elizabeth. She gave me a wink and walked past me, into the hallway. Lauren opened the front door and turned to me.

"Come on." She waved to me.

"Go start the car." She nodded and walked out the front door.

"Damn. Her ass though." Elizabeth said from beside me. I turned and glared at her.

"Stay the fuck away!" I shouted as I shoved her into the wall. She smirked at me. God what I want to do to this bitch.

"Make me." She said in a whisper. I felt my hands shaking out of anger. I took a deep breath and shoved her into the wall before walking out of the house. I stomped to the garage. Lauren was dancing to the music that was blasting through the speakers. I yanked the door open and got in the car before I slammed the door shut again. She turned down the music and turned to me with a confused and worried expression.

"What's wrong Camz?" She questioned.

"Elizabeth. That's what's wrong." I mumbled. She rolled her eyes and started to drive onto the street.

"I think you're over exaggerating. Elizabeth isn't a bad person." She said after a few minutes of silence.

"Are you serious?! She's a little bitch!" I exclaimed.

"No she isn't. She's actually really sweet and nice, you just need to get to know her." She sighed.

"The only side that she has shown me is her little devil side." I mumbled.

"No she hasn't. The only reason you're saying that is because that's the only side you want to see from her. You're not trying to get to know her. If you tried like I am you would actually realize that she's really cool." She said as she pulled into a small little diner.

"No. The only reason you're saying that is because that is the only side she is showing you. The only reason she isn't a bitch to you is because she has been trying to come onto you! But you're so oblivious to see that she is a little bitch who is trying to ruin what we have!" I raised my voice as I started to remember what Elizabeth said to me about stealing Lauren away from me. I unbuckled myself and got out of the car. I slammed the door shut and stomped to the diner. I found a two person booth and sat down and crossed my arms over my chest. Lauren soon followed and awkwardly sat in front of me. I wanted to look up at her but I knew I would loose it so I kept my eyes on the table. Not long after someone placed menus at our table.

"Hey Camila." I looked up and saw a guy smiling down at me. I gave him a confused look.

"Do I know you?" I questioned.

"Yes it's me Zayn." He smiled more. I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "You know from the party. I'm friends with Harry."

"Oh hi." I said with no emotion and grabbed the menu from the table.

"Okaaayyy. Hi Lauren." I rolled my eyes and read over the menu.

"Hi Zayn." She said sweetly. "So you work here?" She asked.

"Well me handing you the menus answers your question doesn't it?" He chuckled.

"Oh right." She laughed.

"Well anyways i'll be back to take your orders." Then he walked away. I honestly wasn't even reading the menu. I was to pissed off over what Elizabeth said to even read. I threw the menu on the table and placed my head in my heads. I rubbed my forehead and took a deep breath.

"Maybe we should go home." Lauren said slowly. I looked up and she placed the menu on the table.

"No. In fact let's spend the day out. It'll give me a chance to clear my head." She nodded her head. The last place I want her is at home. It'll just give Elizabeth another opportunity to talk to her.

"Alright you two. Ready to order?" Zayn asked. We took our order and he left.

"Anyways Lauren. I forgot to thank you about helping Zendaya. Even if you didn't want to you still did. I really appreciate it." I smiled at her.

"I didn't really do it for her but more for you. I just didn't want you to be mad at me if I didn't help her. Well that and because it wasn't fair." She shrugged. My smile widened and Zayn came back with our food. We ate with small chit chat. By the time we finished all the anger washed out of me and was replaced by pure happiness. As I went to the door I felt someone grab my wrist so I turned around.

"Hey Camila can I have your number? I accidentally deleted it when I was debating whether or not to call you. That's kind of the reason why I haven't contacted you." Zayn said with a shy smile. Oh God don't tell me he's interested in me. I mean don't get me wrong, he's hot, but I just don't see myself with him.

"Umm. Yeah sure." I answered. We could at least be friends. He smiled at me and pulled out a little notepad from his little apron. I wrote my number down and walked away. Lauren was already in the car doing a little dance. I smiled at her.

"So where do you want to go?" She asked. Shit I didn't think about this. Suddenly an idea popped into my head.

"Ok. Don't get mad or upset." I said. She turned down the volume and turned to me with a confused expression.

"Why would I get mad or upset?"

"Just promise you won't." She hesitated but eventually agreed. "Why don't we visit your brother and sister?" I suggested with a small voice. Her eyes went wide and she turned her attention to the steering wheel.

"No." She said in a whisper.

"Why not Lauren?" She didn't answer. Instead I saw a tear roll down her cheek. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you cry but I think it'll be good to see them."

"Camila I don't think i'm ready to see them. I don't deserve to see them." Her voice cracked at the end. I pulled her into a hug.

"Stop saying that. You have every reason to go see them. They probably miss seeing you. Heck it might even help them so they can get out of there sooner." I rubbed her back to try and comfort her.

"Ok then. I will... but just not today. I'm not ready." She pulled away. I nodded and wiped away her tears. I kissed her forehead and got out of the car. I walked over to her side and opened the door.

"I'll drive." I said. She got out and went into the passenger's seat. "And we're off." I said in a deep voice causing her to giggle. I had no idea where I was going to take her but I know it would have to be a place where we could spend the whole day there. Suddenly an idea popped into my head. I will take her paintball shooting. The place is an hour away but who cares. I got onto the freeway and turned up the music. Lauren still seemed upset so I had to think of a good way to cheer her up. I pulled over and plugged my phone into the stereo.

"What are you..." Lauren started to question until I cut her off.

"Shhh. Just hold up." I looked through my music playlists until I found the playlist labeled 'Badass throwback music'. I smiled and put the first song on.

"No fucking way!" Lauren squealed as she heard the introduction of Missy Elliott's song loose control started to play. "Isn't this the song that our 8th grade choir teacher made us dance to in front of the class in order for us to not fail?" I laughed as I remembered that day.

"Yeah. Oh God that was hilarious." We started to laugh. As the song continued I went back onto the road and started to sing with Lauren. Of course when a rapping part would come up we would just end up humming the beat. I looked over at Lauren and smiled. She was staring out the window while singing. She looked so happy. It made my smile widen when I realized that she is happy because of me. I felt myself blush. Not long after we finally arrived at the paintball shootout. I turned down the volume and parked the car.

"You know i'm not dressed for this right?" She said as we walked towards the building.

"Me niether. But oh well. Besides we're going to have to change anyways." I shrugged. After we payed for our turn we went into a room so we could change into some army pants and a long sleeved shirt. Once we were changed I made two lines of paint on Laurens cheeks and she did the same to me. We put our clothes in a locker and grabbed the vest. A man gave us paintguns and helmets then wished us luck before we went into an arena. Since it was only two of us we were playing against other people. I made sure Lauren and I were on the same team. We quickly ran to a hideout area and waited for the siren to ring. I looked over at Lauren. I'm not going to lie, she looked hot. The army pants hugged her legs in a the right place and the black long sleeved shirt revealed just enough. She looked like a total badass. I took out my phone and told Lauren to pose for a picture. She held up the paintgun and stuck out her tongue while I just smiled. After I took it I posted it on instagram. Right when it finished uploading the siren rung and the game had started. I fixed Laurens helmet and we were off. The next few hours were spent of us hiding behind trees and getting shot by random people. Whenever someone shot Lauren I made sure to get those assholes back. How dare they try and shoot her? Of course Lauren didn't defend me when someone shot me, instead she would run away laughing and hide, but I didn't really care as long as they didn't get her. By the time it started to get late we headed to a cute little restaurant. We talked about how fun it was and how we should do other things like his. Well Lauren did most of the talking, I would just stare at her and admire how she got a into a specific topic. She really is something else. On our drive home Lauren grabbed my hand as we shouted some songs.

"Today was really great. I'm glad we woke up late." Lauren said as we walked inside of her house. It was already 8:00.

"Hey Lauren." I turned around and saw Elizabeth give her a flirtatious smile. I felt my jaw tense at the sight of her.

"Oh hi Eli." Lauren said as she walked up the stairs. What the fuck!

"Hmmm. She's already calling me by a nickname. She'll be mine in no time." Elizabeth whispered in my ear as she walked out the front door. I was going to go after her to kick her ass until I saw Clara walk up to me with a smile. I gave her a fake smile.

"So you girls missed school." She more stated than asked.

"Yeah. We woke up late and decided it was pointless to go back since we already missed a few classes." She nodded her head.

"Well next time just tell me so that I won't have to worry about you girls. When the school called me and told me you girls weren't there I got really worried so I called Elizabeth. She had told me that you forced Lauren to ditch school with you and to go to a college party instead." Clara raised her brow at me.

"What! No I never said that. We didn't even go to a party and I never forced Lauren to ditch. In fact it was never our intention to not go to school. I swear we just woke up late." She nodded her head again and gave me a small smile.

"It's fine Camila. I'll let it slide. Just tell me next time." She gave me a quick hug and walked up the stairs, leaving me there in shock. Why the fuck would Elizabeth lie to Laurens parents? Does Clara believe me or not? What if they think i'm a bad influence on Lauren and decide to kick me out? Is that what Elizabeth is trying to do? I had so many questions going through my head but I knew one thing. I am going to kick her ass.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.8K 1.1K 49
Official Sequel to "The Secrets We Keep" We are picking up right were we left Lauren and Camila Last. In the Hospital in Jacksonville with everyone...
86.5K 2.3K 25
Camila and Sofia Cabello move out months after their parents' death. They always lived at Miami, but now, with the money earned from the house, they...
720K 12.7K 32
Camila and Lauren are just 2 girls in highschool. But when they are paired up for a project they will be forced to get to know each other. They turne...