Love from the Sea [OUAT || Ki...

By bethanyjanebooks

Vivian Mills is Regina Mills daughter from her first love Daniel, the stable boy. Vivian was known as the Dar... More

Cast and Info
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Next Book

Chapter 2

15.1K 338 172
By bethanyjanebooks

Vivian and Emma were in the pit that their captors had dragged them in after they tried to escape. Vivian stood beside Emma as they watched Cora checking Mary Margaret over to see if she's bleeding or just knocked out cold.

"You sure she's gonna be okay?" Emma asked her.

"Don't worry, she'll be fine," Cora said as she stood up.

"What is this place? Where are we?" Emma asked.

"It's a little island our captors like to think of as their haven," Cora said.

"Haven from what?" Vivian asked.

"The world's dangerous, what's left of it, anyway..." Cora said.

"Well, they can't keep us down here. We didn't do anything wrong," Emma said.

"Neither did I," Cora told them.

"Then why are you here?" Emma asked.

"I'm here because of something my daughter did. The curse that ravaged this land, she cast it," Cora said.

"Regina... You're Regina's mother?" Emma said and glanced at Vivian.

"Yes, but you've nothing to fear from me. The apple fell very far from the tree. You're from over there, aren't you? How did you get back?" Cora asked.

"Emma, Vivian," Mary Margaret began getting up as she held her head and saw Cora, "No."

"Oh, Snow. You're awake. I'm so relieved," Cora said.

Mary Margaret turned to Emma, "As bad as you think Regina's is, this woman is worse," She told her daughter.

"Oh, Snow. Sweet Snow, please. Believe me, whatever she told you isn't true. I just want to help you," Cora said.

"Let's hear her out," Emma said.

"Emma," Vivian said.

"Okay, right now, we are at the bottom of a hole with no other options and Henry is back in Storybook with Regina," Emma said and Vivian rolled her eyes.

"Who's Henry?" Cora asked.

"My son, I kind of share him with Regina. It's complicated," Emma said.

"Don't talk to her," Mary Margaret said.

"Enough!" They all looked up to see a man toss down a rope, "Our leader requests an audience."

As the three women stood waiting for the village's leader, Vivian looked at her locket and smiled a little as Emma and Mary Margaret talked about Emma not listening to Mary Margaret.

"Why can't you just listen to me?" Mary Margaret asked her daughter.

"Why couldn't you have trusted me? I was just trying to find a way to get us home. I could've handled her," Emma said.

"Cora?" Vivian looked at the blonde, "Don't be so sure," Vivian said.

"We've lived here, Emma. We know this world and its dangers," Mary Margaret said.

"Is that why you came through the portal? Because you thought I'd be helpless here?" Emma asked.

"No, I came here to be with you," Mary Margaret said.

"Sorry, I got us back here by the way," Vivian turned to Emma, "Thanks for trying to help me."

"Oh... You're welcome," Emma said.

"It's not your fault Vivian," Mary Marget said and looked up to see a knight walking out of a hut, "Lancelot?" She ran up to him and they hugged.

"Lancelot?" Emma looked at Vivian.

Vivian looked back at her, "You didn't just think that fairy tales existed did you?" She turned to Mary Margaret and walked to her, "Are you sure we can trust him?" She whispered.

"He's an old friend, Vivian, we can trust him," Mary Margaret said.

"If you're sure, Snow," Vivian nodded.

Lancelot led the woman to a table with different foods on it. Vivian sat opposite Emma, Emma beside Mary Margaret beside Lancelot, who was at the head of the table.

Emma looked at the meat, "What the hell is that?" She asked.

"I believe it's chimaera... They hmm, have an acquired taste," Vivian told her.

"Correct, that is all that our hunting party were about to bring with them. It is one part lion, one part serpent, one part goat," Lancelot explained.

"Like turducken?" Emma asked.

"I think so..." Vivian said and puts vegetables on her plate.

"I don't understand, we were told this land didn't even exist anymore," Mary Margaret said.

"Yeah," Vivian looked at Lancelot, "How did you all escape the curse?"

"It is a mystery. The curse struck and when the smoke cleared, most of us had been torn from this land. However, some of us here, in this particular region, were left behind. We don't know how and we don't know why. Finding this safe haven wasn't easy. It took some split blood, but worry not, you're safe here," Lancelot said.

"We can't stay. My husband's back there, Emma's son, my grandson and Vivian's family, we have to get back to them. Can you help us find a portal?" Mary Margaret requested.

"Leaving is unwise. The Enchanted Forest is not as you remember it. The ogres have returned," Lancelot told them.

"That's unfortunate," Vivian commented.

"Ogres? Like as in fee-fi-fo-fum?" Emma said.

"Those would be giants," Mary Margaret told her.

"Ogres are far worse," Vivian added.

"That's why we live here, on this island, where it's safe. Please, Snow, stay here. There are no more portals left," Lancelot said.

"I might know of one," Mary Margaret said.

"You do?" Emma said.

"Where?" Lancelot asked.

"Cora's near, I don't feel comfortable voicing my plans. She's powerful," Mary Margaret said.

"I agree," Vivian said.

"Not anymore, the curse stripped her of her powers but given her reputation, we've kept her locked up as a precaution," Lancelot said.

"Whether or not that's true," Vivian looked at Lancelot who looked at her, "We are not taking any chances," Vivian said.

"Vivian's right, just trust me. I may have a way to get us home, let us go," Mary Margaret said.

"I'll allow it, but on one condition," Lancelot looked between Mary Margaret and Vivian, "Take my bravest warrior with you," He motioned to Mulan to come to the table, "Allow Mulan to defend you."

"We can defend ourselves," Emma said.

"Deal," Mary Margaret said as Vivian drunk some water as she watched Emma looking at Mary Margaret confused and shocked, "Thank you, Lancelot, for always looking out for me," Mary Margaret said.

"Follow me," Mulan said and led the three women to a trunk of weapons for them to choose, "Choose wisely, we must be vigilant if we hope to survive the journey," Mulan said.

Mary Margaret picked up a sword and bow and arrow, Emma picked up a dagger, which she stuck it inside her boot and Vivian picked up a dagger and a sword. Vivian placed her weapons on her body as Mulan warned Emma about the ogres.

"Don't let her rattle you, I won't let anything happen to us. Stick to the plan," Mary Margaret said as they followed Mulan.

"What is the plan? You haven't said anything, what's going on?" Emma asked.

"The wardrobe," Mary Margaret said.

"Wardrobe? The wardrobe? Like, the wardrobe that sent baby me to Maine?" Emma said and Mary Margaret nodded, "You think it could get us back to Stroybrooke."

"I don't know. First, we have to see if it survived the curse, then we'll worry about making it work," Mary Margaret said.

"Where is it?" Emma asked.

"My place, you wanna see where you're from, Emma? That's right, we're going home," Mary Margaret looked at Vivian, "How's your magic right now?"

Vivian looked at her hand and opened her fist making a fireball, "I'd say," She blew out the fireball and looked at Mary Margaret, "It's good... Well... Dark... You know what I mean," She said and they laughed.

"You two are like sisters..." Emma said.

"We're stepsisters," Mary Margaret told her.

Flashback

Vivian was stood with Rumpelstiltskin outside his castle, aged 10 as she practised making a fireball. She opened her fist and a fireball stood in the palm of her hand.

She giggled and bounced in her place, holding her hand up to Rumpelstiltskin, "Look, look, I did it, Rumpel!" She said happily.

"That's right you did it, now, throw it," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"W-Where?" She asked as looked around.

"Anywhere, just not our castle," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"O...Okay," Vivian nodded and flinched hearing horses and the wheels of a carriage, she released the fireball and it passed the carriage, hitting a hut, "Uh-oh," She ran and hid behind Rumpelstiltskin.

The carriage stopped in front of them and Regina stepped out of the castle, "Rumpel, thank you for looking after my daughter and the looking glass. My mother is in Wonderland now, so it's time Vivian came home with me," Regina said.

"Very well, your daughter is rather talented, dearie," Rumpelstiltskin pointed to the burning hut.

Regina looked over, "I can see that," Regina stumbled a little and looked down to see Vivian hugging her. She smiled and picked her up, "Ready my darling?"

"Yes mother," Vivian said and she hugged her.

Rumpelstiltskin snapped his fingers and Vivian's belongings were packed up, on the back of the carriage, "We'll be back for lessons," Regina said to Rumpelstiltskin.

"I wouldn't expect anything different," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Bye, bye, Rumpel. Thank you," Vivian wiggled out of her mother's grip then ran and hugged Rumpelstiltskin, "For protecting me and letting me stay with you."

"Yes... Well... You be off now," Rumpelstiltskin said, he put his hands on her back and tapped her back, not truly knowing what to do and waved a little as Vivian got into the carriage with Regina.

Regina walked into the main room where a young girl and her new husband were waiting, Vivian waited at the door nervously.

"Regina, you suddenly disappeared, we were worried," Leopold said.

"I'm sorry, but... There's a secret I've been hiding and I cannot hide it anymore," Regina said.

"Whatever it is, we love you and will accept it," Leopold said.

"Thank you," Regina looked at the door, "Vivian, come here sweetheart," She said.

Vivian walked out in a red dress and ran behind her mother, holding onto her mothers dress as she peeked out at the girl and the man.

"Who's this lovely angel?" Leopold asked.

"This is Vivian, my daughter," Regina looked at Vivian, "It's okay, my dear, this is your stepfather and stepsister," Regina said.

"Is she Daniel's child?" The girl asked.

Vivian whimpered and hid more behind her mother, "Vivian?" An older man asked as he entered the room.

Vivian turned, "Grandpa!" She smiled and ran to him, he picked her up and they hugged, "Grandpa, I missed you."

"You're such a big girl now," Henry SR said as he walked to Regina.

"Yes, Snow, she is Daniel's daughter," Regina looked at Leopold, "I cannot be separated from my daughter any longer."

"Do you take me as a heartless man?" Leopold asked Regina and looked at Vivian who was holding onto her grandfather, "She's family and will be treated as such, that much I promise to you."

"I've always wanted a younger sister," Snow said and smiled.

"Thank you," Regina took Vivian and looked at Leopold, "Please excuse us, we have years to catch up on."

"Of course," Leopold smiled, "Welcome to the family Vivian."

"T-Thank you," Vivian held onto her mother as she was carried out of the room and Henry SR followed them.

End of Flashback

Later, Vivian, Emma, Mary Margaret and Mulan were walking down the dirt road in the forest.

"This will do, we'll make camp here for the night, we just need to find water, collect some firewood," Mulan said.

"Uh, if we're hiding from ogres, shouldn't we maybe, I don't know, not start a fire?" Emma asked.

"Ogres are blind, they hunt by sound alone," Mary Margaret said.

"Right, because that's something everyone would know about ogres," Emma said.

"Look, we know you're out of your element..." Vivian began to say.

"I'm fine," Emma said quickly.

"I know, but maybe you should just stay here while we get wood and water, guard the campsite," Mary Margaret said.

"I'll go fill up our water supply," Vivian told them and they handed her their water canteens then she walked away from them.

Vivian heading back to the campsite, with full canteens when she heard a gunshot.

She looked up, "What the hell?" She dropped the canteens and ran back to the campsite to see Emma aiming her gun at Mulan.

"Do you have any idea what you've just done?" Mary Margaret asked.

"What the hell is going on here?" Vivian asked as she stood beside Emma.

They all soon heard growling from behind them, "Ogres?" Emma said.

"Run!" Mary Margaret yelled.

They all started running through the forest, "Split up!" Vivian yelled and they split up into two separate groups, Mulan and Aurora together and Emma, Vivian and Mary Margaret together.

Emma tripped over a log and Vivian turned back to her and went to help Emma up but Emma turned onto her back, to see the ogre standing over them nearly. Emma tried to shoot it with her gun, but the ogre took the gun and crushed it. 

Vivian threw a fireball at the ogre and helped Emma up as Mary Margaret whistled, "Back away from my daughter and stepsister!" She yelled and fired an arrow into the ogre's eye, the ogre fell to the ground.

Vivian and Emma walked to her, "You have to shoot them in the eye," Mary Margaret said as she pulled out the arrow. 

"Disgusting," Vivian said.

"When was the last time you shot an arrow?" Emma asked.

"28 years ago... Guess it's like riding a bike," Mary Margaret looked at Emma, "Next time, listen to me. That things not gonna work here," She looked at Vivian, "Thank you for helping her."

"You're welcome, but next time, I don't want to nearly die," Vivian looked at Emma who nodded, "Come on," She said and they started to walk away.

They met up with Aurora and Mulan in the forest and were on their way to Mary Margaret's palace. They all saw the palace destroyed and half had crumbled away. 

"Oh, gosh..." Vivian looked at Mary Margaret, "I hmm..." She said.

"Don't worry about it," Mary Margaret said as they walked beside each other to the castle, "Can I ask you something?"

"I guess so," Vivian shrugged.

"How could you don't blame me for your fathers' death?" Mary Margaret asked and everyone looked at them, "Regina does, but you don't."

"Who is your mother?" Aurora asked.

"My mother cast this curse," Vivian sighed, "I don't blame you much, you are to blame for his life being cut short but you never pulled my father's heart of his chest. That's what my grandpa told me, he said if I want to be angry at anyone it should be Cora, not you. You were a child and you tricked into believing that Cora would accept my mother and Daniel but that wasn't the case," Vivian said.

"You're the Dark Princess?" Mulan asked.

"I haven't heard that in a while," Vivian looked at her, "I am, yes, but you have nothing to fear from me. Just don't anger me and we'll all get on just fine," Vivian said.

"Why are you called that?" Emma caught up to her, "I mean, Henry told me your personality is dark but I don't see it."

"I hmm... I can't kill anymore, I used to when I was being taught by the Dark One but Snow stopped me once... I think I was about to crush the heart of a peddler for him standing in my way. That was when I vowed I'd never kill just for the sake of it," She sighed, "So, I was a younger version of my mother," She looked at Emma, "I did things I'm not proud of... I tortured, I have dark magic, I like to see the fear in people's eyes when they see me... I am working on that last one," Vivian looked forward as they walked, "But, as Henry said my personality here is dark but my personality you've seen was cursed and I still feel like that Vivian right now and I probably will because... Even if I don't find my love, I now another light in my life."

"Yeah, who's that?" Emma asked.

"My little brother," Vivian looked at her, "Henry of course," She smiled, "When he told me who I was, I was angry at him, I couldn't understand why he thought it was me, but we talked about it and I thought if he was true if she is me, then I want to change for him and I will," Vivian looked forward.

"You already started to change," Mary Margaret said as they walked into Emma's old nursery.

"Oh my god... I recognise this from Henry's book," Emma said.

"Come on Aurora, we'll stand watch at the gate," Mulan said and the two left.

Vivian, Emma and Mary Margaret looked around the room, Vivian moved rumble off a wooden wardrobe, "Snow," Vivian called out as she opened the wardrobe.

Mary Margaret and Emma walked up, "Where's the on switch?" Emma asked.

"It's more complicated than that. We'll have to get it back to the island. Hopefully, someone there has access to enough magic to make it work again if not have something to lighten my magic as I'm not sure what effect I could have on this," Vivian looked at them, "Sorry, I'd rather be safer than sorry."

"We understand," Emma nodded, "How are we gonna carry this thing?"

"With the help of an old friend," Lancelot said as he walked in.

"Lancelot, what are you doing here?" Mary Margaret asked.

"We heard about the ogre attack and I had to make sure you were alright," Lancelot said.

"Oh, where are Mulan and Aurora?" Vivian asked.

"I sent them to find food. Tonight we'll make camp and in the morning, we'll head back. So, this is the portal you were after," He said as he stepped closer to the wardrobe.

Vivian walked to Emma and lightly pulled her to the side, "I need a favour," Vivian whispered.

"What is it?" Emma asked.

"My love... If these people survived he might have as well," Vivian looked at her, "When we get back to the village, I need you to keep your mother busy while I look around."

"Alright," Emma nodded, "If you need help I can try to help," She agreed.

"No, I should be fine but thank you, Emma," Vivian turned to Mary Margaret and Lancelot.

"Well, I just want you to get home to your family, husband and son, Henry. They must miss you," Lancelot said.

Mary Margaret took out her sword as Vivian drew hers, "Stay away from him, Emma. He's not who he says he is," Mary Margaret said.

"What are you talking about? Who the hell is he?" Emma asked.

"There's only one person you told Henry's name," Vivian said.

"Cora," Emma said.

Lancelot covered in purple smoke and Cora appeared, she chuckled a little, "Clever girl," Cora said.

"Where's Lancelot?" Mary Margaret asked.

"He's dead, I killed him a long time ago," Cora said.

"And you've been posing as him ever since," Mary Margaret said.

"Well, they'd never listen to me and besides, every kingdom needs a hero, don't you think?" Cora said.

Mary Margaret went to attack Cora, but she sent her flying towards the wall and pinned her there. Emma tried to help but she got knocked down by Cora, Vivian sheathed her sword and threw a fireball at Cora, but she caught it and threw it back at Vivian, sending her into the wall.

"Thank you, Snow. I've been looking for a way over for so long," Cora said.

Emma stood up and was about to help but Cora used her magic to tie Emma's legs with a curtain, which caused the blonde to fall to the ground.

"I never thought the person to help me find it would be you," Cora said.

"Why? Why are you doing this?" Mary Margaret asked as she gasped for air.

"I want to see my daughter, it's been too long," Cora said and Vivian made a small fireball, "And you know, I would love to meet my grandson, Henry," Cora said.

"No, you won't!" Vivian said and she threw her fireball at the wardrobe, setting it on fire.

"No!" Cora yelled and made a fireball out of the fire Vivian made and threw it at her, but it got blocked by Mulan's sword who covered Vivian.

"Mulan!" Aurora yelled as she came in.

"We're not done," Cora said as she disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Emma helped her mother up and Mary Margaret and they talked about Lancelot and Mary Margaret being their temporarily leader as Vivian watch the wardrobe burn, "Sorry, I torched our ride home," Vivian said and Mary Margaret helped her up.

"It's okay, you were protecting your brother, that's what matters most," Mary Margaret said.

"Thank you, Vivian," Emma said.

Vivian looked between them, "We'll leave you both to talk," Vivian limped out of the room and Mulan grabbed her, "Huh?"

"I got you," Mulan said and put Vivian's arm over her shoulder and Aurora took Vivian's sword as Mulan helped her out.

"Just put me on some fallen wall and I'll heal myself," Vivian said.

"Alright," Mulan nodded and helped Vivian down, they watched as Vivian healed the wound on her calf and sighed, "What is it?"

"My tights, they're ripped... A lot," Vivian sighed, "They were brand new as well," She stood up and tightens the buckles on her ankle boots.

"Is this normal attire of that other realm?" Aurora asked.

"If that's your style yes and your tights are... Okay..." Emma looked at the large holes in them, "Look... Badass, right?" She looked at Mary Margaret.

"Yep," Mary Margaret nodded.

"Thanks, I think," Vivian looked at them, "Come on, let's go back and we'll find another way home."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 790 11
Emma's got everything she's ever wanted. She's the daughter of the most beloved King and Queen of the Enchanted Forest, Snow White and Prince Charmin...
259 9 6
Elizabeth Mills is the daughter of Regina Mills and her first love Daniel. When her father died and her mother became queen...everything shifted. Her...
69.4K 2.2K 46
We know the story of Emma Swan, mother of Henry, daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming. But what about the story of Elias Swan, father of Henry...
68.3K 1.6K 46
Magic is in Storybrooke. Memories have returned. Families reunited. Cruse is broken. As the curse is broken, Alana and Emma finally meet their parent...