Emerald Rain

Par OhNoMySphaghettiOs

Ever wonder how the events in Fire Emblems Three Houses would have unfolded if Byleth had never been offered... Plus

The Beginning:
Three Houses:
The Blue Lions:
The Mock Battle:
A Day of Monastery Life
Eliminating the bandits:
Garland moon:
Castle Gaspard:
The Holy Mausoleum:
The Rite of Rebirth:
The Crest of Flames:
Into the Abyss:
The Chalice of Beginnings:
Verdant Rain Moon:
Conand Tower:
Vanished:
Horsebow Moon:
The Battle of The Eagle and Lion:
Zanado Canyon:
Remire Village:
The White Heron Cup:
The Ball:
Fate:
Awakening:
The Holy Tomb:
Path of Thorns:
Reunion at Dawn:
The one-Eyed Beast:
Protecting Garreg Mach:
The Beast:
Ailell, The Valley of Torment:
The Master Tactician:
The Great Bridge of Myrddin:
Great Tree Moon:
To Gronder Field, Part One:
To Gronder Field, Part Two:
Gronder Field, Part One:
Gronder Field, Part Two:
The Aftermath of War:
Preparing for Derdriu:
Alliance in Peril:
Protecting Derdriu:
On Trek to a New Dawn:
Rumors of a Reaper:
The Sealed Forest:
The Baron Dominic:
Strategy meeting:
Preparing for Fort Merceus:
Deception:
The Battle at Fort Merceus:
Javelin of Light:
To Garreg Mach Monastery:
Jeritza Von Hrym:
Enbarr Strategy Meeting:
A Day at the Monastery:
To Enbarr:
Enbarr the Imperial Capital:
The Fall of the Adrestrian Empire:
Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown:
A United Front:
The Dragon that Lurks in the Shadow:
Two Sides of the Same Coin:
The Church of Seiros:
The Princess of Brigid's request:
The Foreign Land and Sky
A Prince's Proposition:
Arianrhod Part One:
Arianrhod Part Two:
Love and War:
The Cool Before the Storm:
Tailtean Plains
Reclaiming Fhirdiad:
The Beginning of the End:
One Year Later:
The Return:
For the Freedom of Fodlan:
The End!

Those Who Slither in the Dark:

394 11 18
Par OhNoMySphaghettiOs

Dimitri:

It took a couple of days before Claude arrived back at the monastery, "Your Majesty" Claude shouted as he came into view, "What a shame I can't call you Your Princeliness any longer" he sighed while shaking his head.

Dimitri smiled and shook his head, "Am I hearing that Almyra is declaring war?" he teased.

Claude laughed, "Yeah, yeah, real funny Dimitri" he said then patted Dimitri on the shoulder "It's good to see you again, I'm glad you are doing well" he added. "I was a bit worried, given that Byleth was away from you for so long," Claude said.

"Worried I was going to go feral again?" Dimitri asked.

Claude was silent for a moment then nodded, "Yeah, kinda" he replied.

Dimitri flinched a little at his honesty, but truthfully, he was worried about it as well. That if he strays from the light that none of his advisors would be able to set him straight.

"I understand your concern" Dimitri sighed, and silence fell over the two of them.

Claude was the one to break the tension after a few seconds passed, "So where's Byleth?" he asked.

"Cardinal's room, she's been going over maps to try and locate a more accurate spot where the city of those who slither in the dark is" he said.

Claude nodded, "Ah, let's go save her from the grunt work" he said "I already asked Holst to start scouting the area" he added.

Dimitri tensed up a bit.

Holst?

"Right" Dimitri said in a dry tone "Let's go find Byleth then" he added.

Claude eyed him suspiciously but didn't say anything on the matter, "Alright then let's go" he said then began walking to the Cardinal's room.

Byleth was alone in the Cardinal's room staring over a large map of Fodlan, she glanced over at the door as Dimitri opened it.

A smile fell over her face, "Dimitri" she said in a sweet voice.

His heart skipped a beat, Dimitri smiled "Hello my beloved" he said and walked over to her side.

"Hey Claude, long time no see, how's it going in Almyra" Claude said loudly at the entrance of the door. "Oh, you know the usual, Great to see you too Byleth" he added.

Byleth chuckled, "It's good to see you too Claude" she said.

Claude sighed in an over dramatic manner, "Took you long enough" he said "Annette told me to tell you both hello, and that she wishes she could be here" he added.

"I'm glad she is doing well," Byleth said with a nod.

"Yeah... I'm certain you'll see her soon either way, since you two will be getting married soon no doubt" Claude said in a nonchalant tone.

Dimitri watched as Byleth's face turned a shade of pink, "What do you think beloved, should we invite Claude?" he asked.

Byleth shook her head, "Nope" she replied.

Claude shrugged, "That's fine I guess I will just have to crash the party" he said with a laugh.

Byleth smiled and looked back to the map and pointed to a spot in the mountains between Hrym and Goneril territory. "This is where we think the city may be located, it's called Shambhala" Byleth said.

Claude nodded his head, "I have Holst canvassing the area, I'll write to him to inspect that area more thoroughly" he said.

A pang of jealousy hit Dimitri.

Byleth nodded her head, "Ok, sounds good" she said "Has Hilda arrived yet?" she asked.

Claude shook his head, "No, not yet. Her and Caspar were in the midst of traveling Fodlan is what Holst told me" he said "They are on their way now though" he added.

"Excellent" Byleth said once they arrive, we should move out as soon as possible" she said.

Claude nodded, "I agree" he said then tapped lightly on the table, "Well I'll leave the two of you for the time being, I need to find others to bother" he concluded and left from the room.

"Dimitri" Byleth said softly, and touched his arm "You made a face, was there anything behind it?" she asked as she looked up to him.

Dimitri looked away, "I think you imagined it my beloved" he replied.

"Hmm, I see" Byleth said and removed her hand, "Dimitri, I can't tell you what you wish to hear if you don't tell me what's wrong" she said softly.

Dimitri sighed, "It's stupid my beloved" he murmured.

"Well let's hear it anyways" Byleth said softly.

Hear how he's afraid she'll take one look at Holst and decide to be with him instead, so that she knows the full depravity of him?

But then again if anyone should know him best, it should be Byleth.

Dimitri sighed, "We'll be working with Holst" he mumbled.

Byleth was silent for a moment, "Are you jealous?" she asked, he could have sworn he heard a hint of amusement in her voice.

Yes.

"No" Dimitri said a bit faster than he would have liked to.

"Dimitri" Byleth said softly, he felt her warm hand on his cheek.

He didn't want her to see his shame.

"I love you Dimitri," Byleth said and rubbed his cheek lightly with her thumb, "Not Holst, only you" she added.

Dimitri sighed and wrapped his arms around her, "Are you certain? If you wish to end our engagement I would not-" Dimitri began but was cut off by Byleth pressing her lips to his.

Byleth pulled away and pressed her forehead to his, "Once this is finally over, I will return home with you my love" Byleth said softly "Please don't doubt that" she added.

Dimitri thought it over for a moment, had he hurt her with his own self-doubt?

"My apologies beloved" Dimitri murmured.

She was right.

Once everything was over, she would return home with him. Not Holst.

...

It was a few days before Hilda and Caspar reunited at the monastery, then three more before they received a letter from Holst of where Shambhala was.

They immediately set out for Goneril territory, and there they began preparing for their attack on those who slither in the dark.

"So... What's our plan of attack?" Claude asked while leaning back on a chair in the room they were using to discuss their plans, "What exactly are we up against?" he asked.

Seteth was the one to speak up to Dimitri' surprise, "Be prepared for anything, we don't know the power that they may hold" he said sternly.

Claude sighed, "Not really much help Seteth" he said.

Seteth frowned but remained silent, "They might have Cornelia's toys" Edelgard said.

Claude tilted his head in confusion "Cornelia's toys?" he recited "I thought that she was dead" he added.

Edelgard nodded "She is" she said.

"Could they really still have those machines?" Dimitri asked.

He remembered fighting them, they were fierce opponents.

"I wouldn't doubt it" Edelgard said "You know we will probably fight against our Uncle" she added.

Arundel...

That was one of the biggest mistakes he made, Dimitri should have killed him when he had the chance if he...

No.

No.

He can't think that right now.

It'll just bring them back.

And he didn't want to deal with Glenn or his Father's comments anymore.

"And we will win," Dimitri replied.

They had to.

"While I admire your confidence Dimitri, we must be realistic" Claude sighed "I don't think you should join us Dimitri, if you fall then no one else is able to inherit the throne" he added.

Dimitri frowned, is... Is Claude trying to get him to sit this one out?

"I'm coming with everyone" Dimitri said sternly "And how can you chastise me, you would leave your Kingdom in the same position should anything happen to you" he added.

Claude shook his head, "I have tons of other siblings that could inherit the throne if I fall" he said in a matter of fact tone "While you don't have that nor an heir" he added.

That stung mildly, he saw Byleth flinch slightly at that remark.

Dimitri furrowed his eyebrows at Claude, "This has nothing to do with succession" he rebutted "If that were the case I wouldn't have fought in the war either" he added "I am going" he concluded.

"Claude, we cannot afford to have Dimitri on the side lines" Edelgard butted in.

Claude sighed, "Yeah... I know" he said quietly.

With that discussed they left for Shambhala.

Truthfully, it hadn't been much of a strategy meeting since there wasn't much, they knew on them aside from the fact that they held an immense amount of power, but...

For Fodlan they will not falter.

They cannot afford to.

Byleth:

"So, this is Shambhala," Edelgard said quietly.

The city was... Unlike any that she had ever seen before, it had an eerie feeling to it. No, a wrongness to it.

"I've never seen architecture like this" Ferdinand called out, he stuck his hand out to touch a building's material but stopped himself.

Byleth didn't blame him.

She didn't want to touch it either.

"I think we may need to go deeper in" Claude called out, as he took lead guiding them.

Dimitri walked beside Byleth, "What do you think of this city?" he asked.

"It's unsettling," Byleth replied.

Dimitri nodded, "I agree, it is" he said.

The deeper in they went the more paths that there were.

"I think we may need to split up," Claude murmured.

Byleth looked around and there were only twelve of them. Was splitting up really such a great idea? They consisted of Byleth, Claude, Caspar, Dedue, Dimitri, Edelgard, Felix, Ferdinand, Ingrid, Jeritza, Mercedes, and Sylvain.

The others had stayed behind in Goneril territory, it was decided that it was also best that Flayn and Seteth stayed out of this fight.

Byleth frowned, "Claude, we don't have many men," she said.

Claude nodded, "I know that, but we also don't have much space to work with here" he added.

Dammit.

He was right.

"We could split into groups of three?" Edelgard suggested.

Claude nodded, "My thoughts exactly, I'm certain it will reunite us. This is just so it is easier if we have to fight" he said.

Byleth nodded, "I suppose you're right" she said.

Byleth, Dimitri, and Felix were one of the groups. While Edelgard led Caspar and Ferdinand, Claude led Ingrid and Sylvain. And Jeritza led Dedue and Mercedes.

Dedue was displeased to have been separated from Dimitri but, drastic times call for drastic measures she supposed.

Byleth, Dimitri, and Felix walked in relative silence with one another as they made their way through the narrow passage. Each of them had their weapons of choice ready and prepared to strike if circumstances called for it.

The sword of the creator weighed heavy in her hands, how could Byleth have never realized it before?

It's so painstakingly obvious now that she thinks of it, how her blade pulsates as if it were alive, the fact it looks like a spine...

Ugh...

No, she can't think of that now of all times.

It wasn't long before they reached a part where the path, they took led them to enemies, up ahead Byleth made out one of their dark mages.

"Enemies" Felix murmured

Byleth nodded, "A mage" she said.

"Two mages" Felix corrected.

Byleth squinted, he was right further down there was another mage.

"It matters not, we'll deal with them all the same" Dimitri replied and began heading toward the mage, and once they were in distance the mage fired a miasma ball at Dimitri.

Dimitri took the hit then swung his lance at the mage, who immediately crumpled to the floor, Felix ran forward and struck down the other mage before he could attack.

"Are you both alright?" Byleth asked.

Dimitri nodded, "Yes, I'm fine" he said while wincing "The hit I took wasn't too bad" he added.

Byleth rolled her eyes and healed Dimitri. "Dimitri, if you are injured, I need to heal you" she said sternly.

Dimitri nodded, "Right you are my beloved" he said.

Felix scoffed, "Knock it off boar, we are on a mission right now" he said sternly "Be gross later" he added and continued walking down the passage.

Byleth and Dimitri exchanged a look with one another then followed after Felix.

"Are those stairs?" Byleth asked as she squinted where Felix had stopped.

Felix nodded, "Yes, they are" he replied and began to descend them to reach the area below.

"Always so impulsive Felix" Dimitri sighed then followed after him.

Byleth stood there looking down the stairway it was short and led to a lower part of this... City. From a distance she could see soldiers approaching from a distance.

"Get ready to fight" Byleth shouted and ran down the stairs to help Dimitri and Felix against the swordsman and an archer.

Byleth heard loud footsteps coming from behind her, she swung around and rose her blade at the perpetrator.

Dedue.

"Ah, sorry Dedue" Byleth said and lowered her blade, Mercedes and Jeritza were following behind him.

"Do not worry about it" Dedue said in a calm voice, "I will go and assist his Majesty" he added and took off past Byleth.

Byleth followed after him.

By the time they reached Dimitri and Felix the two soldiers had already been taken care of.

Felix held up something in his hand, it took Byleth a moment to recognize that it was a key. "This should prove to be useful," he said.

Dimitri nodded, "I agree, but I think we should focus on that first, he said and pointed off behind them.

Byleth looked.

Great.

Cornelia's toys.

Byleth sighed, "Let's get it over with" she said and began walking over to the machine. The others followed as well.

Sylvain:

This place was unlike Sylvain had ever seen.

There was a feeling of wrongness to it as they walked through the narrow paths illuminated by a dim blue light.

Everything looked far more advanced than anything they had ever seen, and that was just with the architecture. Sylvain could only imagine what else they could be hiding.

Claude, Ingrid, and Sylvain walked in silence through the passages, it wasn't long before they found a stairway that led into a lower part of their city.

Immediately they were thrown into battle against a swordsman and a brigand.

As they fought the soldiers, he heard the sound of more people approaching.

Great.

Just what they need, more enemies.

Ingrid delivered the final blow to the last soldier. Sylvain prepared to swing his lance at the group of people that had just arrived.

Oh.

Caspar, Edelgard, and Ferdinand.

"Yesh, took you long enough Edelgard" Claude said "Have you seen the others?" he asked.

Edelgard frowned at him and shook her head, "No, I have not" she replied "I'm certain if we keep going, we will run into them" she added.

Claude sighed, "Yeah... Probably" he said "Let's get to it then" he added and began leading them through the passages once again.

This time it led them into an open area filled with enemies.

"I see them," Edelgard called out and pointed in the direction opposite to them, "Let's fight our way to them," she adds.

Sylvain looks off and he sees his friends.

Good.

they're safe. He's relieved they are ok. The Last thing Fodlan needs is the moment for the King and future Queen of Fodlan to die.

"Sylvain! Watch out!" Ingrid shouts.

Sylvain is too late, and he feels the hit of a miasma ball.

Ouch.

Sylvain winces and raises his lance at the dark mage that shot him, then lashes it at him.

Ugh.

When was the last time he'd had to take a hit like this?

It has definitely been a while.

Ingrid appears in front of him, her eyebrows furrowed "Are you alright?" she asked.

Sylvain nods, "Heh. Yeah. I'm good it's just been a while" he said "I guess being a diplomat instead of a warrior has taken its toll on me" he added with a small laugh.

Ingrid frowns, "I doubt that Sylvain" she said sternly "You need to focus" she sighed then shook her head "When we reach the others, we'll ask Byleth or Mercedes to heal you" she added "For the meantime pay attention" she concluded sternly then began walking in the direction of the others.

Sylvain sighed then followed after her.

...

It wasn't long before they were reunited with the others.

Sylvain felt a warmth fall over him, he looked to see Mercedes casting the spell with Ingrid standing beside her.

Sylvain smiled "Thanks Mercedes" he said, and Mercedes smiled.

"I think this is what that key opens" Felix called out as he began walking to the locked building in the center of everything.

Byleth walked beside him, "I wonder what's in there" she murmured.

"Think along the lines of who is in there," Edelgard called out.

"Uncle" Dimitri said in a stern voice, and Edelgard nodded.

""I'm opening it now" Felix said and walked up to the door and swung it open.

Two soldiers immediately came at them, a mortal savant and a war master rushed forward at Byleth and Felix.

As they fought them someone from inside of the room began speaking.

"For thousands of years we have existed underground, living on only that we might someday see our vengeance realized" The voice called out "Here and now, that vengeance is finally within our grasp. There is but one thing left to do" it said. "Destroy them!" the voice commanded "Damn those who stand with the arrogant goddess to oblivion, away from the world of the living!".

Sylvain saw irritation flash upon Byleth's face for a moment as she fought against the mortal savant. Sylvain decided to be of some use and cast a fire spell at the war master that was engaged in combat with Felix. It weakened him enough that Felix was able to take him out with the next swing of his blade.

Byleth's fight with the mortal savant came to an end as well, based on the arrows in the body of the soldier it was safe to assume she had Claude's assistance.

They entered the room all together as a group, and to Sylvain's surprise there weren't as many soldiers in there as he had anticipated.

There were two dark mages and what looked to be the leader of them.

The two dark mages immediately began firing upon them, Claude took one of them out and Jeritza the other.

And then there was one.

"So, you have shown yourself Fell Star. Or should I say... Sothis?" the man called out to them. Byleth raised her blade at the... man? He in turn looked at her with curiosity "What's this? She's gone, isn't she?" he called out.

"Enough Thales, this ends here" Edelgard shouted and raised her axe as well.

Thales.

So that was his name.

He was a ghastly white color similar to Solon.

Just... What are they?

Thales laughed, "Hush, my dear niece" he said in a sinister voice.

Edelgard tensed up, "Uncle?" she said in an unsure voice.

"Not exactly" Thales said "Although, I really did have you fooled" he added. "No, your Uncle died, a long, long time ago" Thales hissed "Just as you will now" he added.

"You will pay for this with your life" Dimitri shouted.

"Silence boy" Thales said, "I will kill you" he said then pointed to Byleth "And then I will spill every drop of blood in your body to fulfill the longstanding goal of the Agarthans!" Thales declared "Goddess or not" he added then cast a spell that engulfed around Byleth.

Dimitri was the one to lunge at Thales and strike him with his lance.

For someone who has so much power... He really can't take a hit.

Thales falls to the floor.

Dimitri looms over him, "Into the eternal flames with you" he spat

Thales glares up at him, "You will..." he grunts out "Never get to enjoy your victory" he concludes and lowers his hand onto the floor.

Sylvain didn't anticipate it would begin to glow; Dimitri looked dumbfounded unsure of what to do.

"For all Agarthans" Thales said "Let there be light!" he shouted, and Dimitri's lance impaled him, and Thales slumped over.

It didn't take long for them to figure out what Thales had meant by let there be light.

The ground underneath them began to quake, and big chunks of building began to fall.

"We need to get out now!" someone shouted, Sylvain isn't sure who all he remembers is that they all needed to leave.

Now.

Debris fell all around them, oh gods this is how they would die isn't it?

Author's note:

Hello you guys! Tomorrow is the day! The final two chapters will be posted and this story will be finished! Thanks for sticking through with me : D

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

1.7K 30 5
The Fall of Garrag Moch Monastery, Year 1180 had been a disaster and full of the unexpected. But lets follow a different flow in the time stream. In...
21K 553 26
As the new female professor takes the job of tutoring the Blue Lions, everyone was filled with joy. But as months have passed Dimitri starts to feel...
352 18 9
After the defeat of Rhea and Thales, the Adrestian Empire prepares for battle with Dimitri and The Kingdom in one final confrontation. At the capital...
1K 139 15
In a city below us, a hidden fourth house resides. When you and her friends go searching for it and meet the underground world of Abyss, trouble spar...