Shadowhunters/Malec One Shots

By piadreamer

One shots of my favourite otp, Malec. May also contain other pairings but mostly Malec. Contains fluff, angst... More

A giggly morning.
What are you?
My immortal boyfriend
We always seem to find a way back to each other.
I will carry you.
Perfect Criminal
Perfect Criminal •Part 2•
Perfect Criminal •Part 3•
Perfect Criminal •Part 4•
Drunken mistake
My boyfriend's a cat-fox.
I'll always protect you.
Thunderstorms and cuddles.
Relationships... they take effort.
Relationships... they take efforts. •Part 2•
You might be gold but I love Silver.
The story of Madeline Lightwood Bane.
Dimensional Issues
My Sleeping Prince
War of hearts
Beautiful Evening
My innocent Fiancé.
First date
Heartbreak and misery
Lost willpower
Lost willpower •Part 2•
Lost willpower •Part 3•
I'll love you for a thousand more.
Together, always and forever.
Play day.
Play day •Part 2•
Portal Mishap •Part 2•
Melodious escape
Melodious Escape ~ 2
Melodious Escape ~ 3
Melodious Escape ~ 4
Melodious Escape ~ 5
Deal with the Devil
Love that never fades
The Return - Chapter 1
The Return - Chapter 2
The Return - Chapter 3
The Return - Chapter 4
The Return - Chapter 5
The Return - Chapter 6
The Return - Chapter 7
The Return - Chapter 8
The Return - Chapter 9

Portal Mishap.

361 18 67
By piadreamer

Suggested by RenuRockzz Hope this is what you wanted and you'll like it.

Sorry for taking forever. 😅😅

P. S. (It's in the world of shadowhunters but Max and Rafe (Malec's kids) don't exist in this story).

*****************************

*Year 2307*

Alec was sitting in the study, scanning the new features of demon towers that were going to be installed soon on its digitalized blueprint, sipping on his favorite black coffee when several magical balls of different sizes in amber, pink, silver, and gold flew right past his face, then crashed through his main digital screen making it glitch, and within a second, blasted into sparks.

Slowly, Alec kept the mug on the table, closed his eyes, took a deep breath, then, "MAGNUS LIGHTWOOD BANE! THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

Magnus's head peeked through the door, his golden eyes looking at him apologetically as the warlock bit his lower lip. "Sorry...."

Alec sighed, slowly stood up, then turned towards the man who was hiding behind the door, sending a deadly glare towards him. "You were experimenting with your portals again, weren't you?"

Dead silence, that's what he got in response making him sigh. "Seriously!? Again Magnus!? Do you want me to remind you what happened last time when you 'experimented' a new portal!?"

Magnus gulped as the memories of his failed experiment flashed in front of his eyes. The last time he did that, his aim was to create a portal that could help them in traveling to dimensions without the help of Seelie powers and thought it was successful until they actually tried it and.... well it portalled them to another galaxy entirely and it took them four months to figure out a way to come back and that was an 'adventure' they hate talking about.

"Sorry..." He whispered, hoping that he won't be yelled at by his husband who seemed really, really angry and he wasn't the person to be messed with when angry.

"Sorry!? It took me a month, a month to fix this again after Fiana broke it from her magical balls while playing with Ian! It's not even been a day and you didn't just break it, you blasted it off! Now, who's going to fix this!? Coz' neither I have the patience nor energy!"

Magnus's gaze fell on the floor as he fidgeted with his wedding band. "I'll... talk to Oliver-"

"You know what? From now on, no warlocks are allowed to enter in my study, be it you, our children, grand or great-grandchildren! I hope I'm understood! Now, collect the remaining fragments of your magic and get out!"

----------------------------

*Few hours later*

Alec was in their kitchen preparing the lunch for him and Magnus. They both lived in a small house they designed by themselves in the outskirts of Alicante while their family was spread all around the globe. Only the present Clave Consul, Henrik Lightwood Bane, their great-grandson lived in the Lightwood Bane mansion with his family.

He was busy chopping when the same magical balls of different sizes in amber, pink, silver, and gold crashed through the cabinets making all the utensils and dishes fall on the floor with loud bangs. Alec closed his ears with his hands and scrunched his eyes, the noise only made his mood worse than before.

Magnus rushed towards the kitchen and held the utensils with his magic, then carefully placed them back, but he was already too late. The majority of the stuff was broken and the kitchen was a disastrous mess, but the scariest thing was his husband's expressions. He gulped, knowing well that this isn't going to go down well.

Alec slammed the cutting board on the island then glared at his husband. "You're adamant about making me pissed off today, aren't you!?"

"I'm... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"Just shut it, Magnus! I'm tired of hearing your sorries!" Removing the apron, he threw it on the floor and started leaving towards their bedroom. "Clean this fucking mess you created, and don't you dare disturb me for the next two hours!"

A worried frown crossed over Magnus' forehead. "But, Alexander lunch-"

"I'M NOT HUNGRY!" He yelled, then slammed the door shut making Magnus flinch with his tone.

----------------

When Magnus entered their bedroom with a tray of food in his hands, the sight he witnessed melted his heart. His husband was curled up in a fetal position and light snores could be heard as he walked towards their bed and kept the tray on the side table.

While leaning down to keep the tray, the droplets of tears resting on Alec's pink nose didn't get unnoticed to him and his heart broke at the sight. Carefully, he wiped the teardrops with the help of his thumb then fixed the strands of hair that was falling over his closed eyelid.

"Darling...." Alec stirred but didn't wake making Magnus smile warmly at his adorable husband. "Booboo, wake up..."

"Seriously!? Booboo?" Alec slowly fluttered open his eyes and looked up directly into those mischievous chocolate brown ones. "Your nicknames are getting weirder, Mags!"

Magnus bit his lower lip then leaned down to peck over his nose making it scrunch. "I've brought lunch. I hope you're not still mad..."

Alec's eyes fell on the food tray kept on the side table and the food seemed to be fresh and not summoned from somewhere. "You cooked?"

"And cleaned the kitchen as well. I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to tamper with your bad mood, but-" a finger on his lips stopped him from saying anything further.

"Magnus, don't. I should be the one apologizing. I shouldn't have yelled but it's just that-"

"I understand, Alexander. You don't need to explain. Now, let's just eat before it gets cold, okay?"

Alec sighed, leaned in to peck on his husband's lips then slowly nodded.

-------------------------

*Later that evening*

"MAGNUS!" Alec yelled from the bedroom as he put on his black jacket, "come on, fast! We have to be at Carol's birthday party in an hour. Just snap your fingers and get your makeup done!"

"YOU KNOW WELL I DON'T DO MY MAKEUP WITH MAGIC! HAVE SOME PATIENCE!" Came Magnus' voice from the bathroom. Alec rolled his eyes then walked towards the bathroom and opened the door, but quickly slammed it shut and shook his head because his husband was still completely naked, was 'doing his business', and was nowhere near ready.

"The hell, Magnus!? It'll take us an hour to reach Germany and you're still haven't showered yet! Seriously!? What were you doing for half an hour inside!?"

"Calm down, darling. It'll take us a minute to reach there so stop panicking and for your information, I was 'doing the stuff' which you hate using the word of, so sit back and let me take my time!"

Alec sighed, opened the door ajar, and peeked inside. "One, we are NOT using your portal today, and two, you have ten minutes to get ready. Make even one minute delay and I'll have it my way, and I'm sure you don't want to have it my way now!" With that, he closed the door and walked back towards the bed, sat on it, and started the timer on his watch.

Half an hour later, Alec was glaring daggers at his husband while Magnus hurriedly put on his waistcoat and simultaneously worked on getting into his shoes. The thing was, he got so relaxed while having the hot shower that he lost the track of time and realized when Alec barged into the bathroom, looking pissed off yet again, closed the shower, picked him up in a bridal style while he was still wet, went towards the window, and tossed him outside of it into the snowy lawn followed with a 'that's what you get! Now get your ass back up here and get dressed!'

So now here he was, after having the taste of his husband's grumpiness, trying to get dressed as soon as possible but failing because his magic wasn't cooperating.

When he was finally done, it was already too late and Alec was constantly cursing him under his breath.

"Calm down, bubblyboo, I'll create a portal and we'll be there within a second."

Alec deadpanned. "One, bubblyboo!? And two, I do not trust your portal today. You're experimenting since morning so we're not using your portal."

Magnus groaned. "Darling, we're already really late, and please, believe me, there won't be any trouble, I swear!" When Alec kept glaring, he had no other option but to add, "okay, if there will, I'll sleep on the floating bed for a week."

Alec raised his brow then sighed. "Fine. Go ahead." He stepped back and let his husband work. He was still skeptical but they were getting late so he let him.

Once the golden portal was swirling in the center of the room, Magnus sighed with relief and outstretched his hand. Alec held it and together, they entered into it.

Alec's eyes widened when they stepped out of the portal. They were not in the house of their great grandson's in Germany, instead, they were standing in the way too familiar balcony in New York. The sky was basking in the rays of the morning sun, birds were chirping and the streets down below were mostly vacant, except for the early joggers or cafe owners who were about to open the shop. The familiar scent of fresh air gave him a wave of nostalgia because the time spent in New York is nothing but a faint memory now. Taking in a deep breath, he turned towards his husband who was already hiding his face in his palms.

As soon as Magnus stepped out of the portal and found himself standing on the balcony of his old apartment in New York, he mentally cursed himself for fucking up yet again and hid his face in his palms, trying to hide from his husband's yell and embarrassment.

"Please tell me it's not what I think it is!? Please tell me we're not in a fragment of your memory!?" Alec asked in a flat voice.

Magnus slowly peeked through his fingers and noticed the deadly glare Alec was shooting towards him making him gulp. He removed his hands from his face and looked at his husband apologetically.

"I... umm... have no idea how it happened... I swear Alexander. There was no difficulty in creating the portal, no disturbance. I wasn't even thinking about anything else, I swear. I don't get it either."

Alec sighed. "Then h-"

"MAGNUS... Are you on the balcony? Why are you there at this hour? You should be in the kitchen preparing breakfast for us!" Came a way too familiar voice.

Both men's eyes widened and they realized it wasn't just a fragment of memory. There were people around them, which were.... actually them.

"Mags! Create a portal, fast!" Alec said but it was already too late because the Present Alec was standing at the doorway of the balcony, holding the wall for support while looking at them wide-eyed.

"W...wh...what..."

"I'm not on the balcony, Alexander, what are you talking about? Have your sleep not va- what the fuck!?" Magnus halted as his eyes widened when he saw their lookalikes, or them? standing on the balcony and looking frightened while glancing between his boyfriend and him.

"M.. Magnus... ha... have you... d..done any k.. kind of-"

"No darling, you know well I'm not working for the last two days. I do not have any idea about this."

Present Alec looked at his boyfriend, his scared eyes hiding the look of annoyance, and a kind of look conveying 'If I found out you're responsible, I'll kill you then and there' making Present Magnus gulp.

Alec cringed when he heard himself stuttering like that. He knew he stuttered when he was young but does it actually sound like that? A groan escaped from his throat earning everyone's attention. "I do NOT stutter like that!"

Magnus chuckled. "Yes, you did, and you still do, darling shadowhunter."

Present Malec exchanged a look, confused and scared because the couple sounded exactly like them.

"Okay," Present Magnus started, "what is going on here? Why am I, if that's me, dressed like that and why do you both sound like us? Moreover, why do you," he pointed towards future Alec, "look exactly like my boyfriend and said that harsh comment about stuttering?"

The rest of the words bounced off from Future Malec's head except for one. "BOYFRIEND!?" They exclaimed in unison.

"That shouldn't be a shock, except for the fact that you both are some shapeshifting Seelie spies sent by that ignorant bitch. So let me have my way with you both, you-"

"Okay Bane, hold on there!" Magnus spoke, cutting off the Present Magnus mid-sentence, slightly cringing while listening to his own voice in a despising tone. "I really don't understand why you used the term boyfriend here coz this is supposed to be-"

"What year is this?" Alec asked, cutting his husband mid-sentence.

"Umm..." Present Alec stuttered and glanced towards his boyfriend then back at his look-alike. "2... 2019. But why?"

Alec's eyes widened as the realization dawned on him. He turned to face his husband, who seemed to realize what has happened as well because he was hiding his face with his hand while looking anywhere but him. "Look at me!" He said authoritatively.

Present Alec was suppressing his smile as he witnessed the frightened look on his boyfriend's look-alike. It was really rare to see his boyfriend like a scolded puppy and it was a sight to behold. Magnus, on the other hand, was cringing seeing himself, or his look-alike or the spy, whoever he was like that. He did not like seeing himself in that way.

"I said, Look. At. Me. Magnus!"

Slowly, Magnus removed his hand and turned towards his husband only to find a look of annoyance and anger and something which only he could decipher as pain and longing.

"YOU TIME TRAVELLED!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?"

Magnus flinched at the use of that tone. "Can you please calm down, I didn't know this would happen, okay?"

Alec sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose. "I told you I'm not trusting your portals today yet you still convinced me for it!"

Magnus pursed his lips and fluttered his lashes at his husband. "We were getting late, fluffles."

A groan, low and deadly, escaped from Alec's throat. "One, fluffles!? And two, who's fault was that!?"

Magnus cleared his throat, it does was his fault. Had he listened to his husband and used the mundane way of traveling, this wouldn't have happened.

Present Alec suppressed his smile, amused at how confident his future self was, and at the looks his boyfriend from the future had, he was enjoying his misery too much. Glancing at his boyfriend, he noticed the look of cringe on his face then said, "umm, Mags, no offense to you but only you can use that type of nicknames, so I think that's.... um, us."

Present Magnus looked at his boyfriend, sinking everything that's going on in his brain. "If that's actually... us, then why you both *cringe* were shocked by knowing that we're boyfriends."

Before any of the future travelers could answer, Present Alec gasped, walked towards his future self, and held his left hand. "Wedding band...."

Present Magnus glanced at his own future self's hand and saw the Lightwood ring in the ring finger then at his own ringless one. Tears formed in the back of his eyes as he exchanged a look with his boyfriend, realizing that they were finally going to get married one day, that the Clave will no longer be against their relationship.

"This is getting out of hands now!" Alec stated and withdrew his hand from Present Alec, feeling weird and creeped out from how close he was standing. "Magnus, erase their memories then create a portal so that we can get back home. I'll deal with your sorry ass later."

Gulping, Magnus outstretched his hand so that he can perform the spell but frowned when his magic didn't work. He tried again but the result was the same.

"What now!?"

"My magic," he tried to produce just a ball instead of performing a spell but it didn't work either. "It's not working." He looked at his Present self, who understanding, checked his own, but a panicked expression crossed over his face and his eyes widened.

"Why isn't my magic working? I just used it to summon strawberry syrup!"

"You summoned!? I think I bought it just two days ago Magnus!"

"I couldn't find it!"

"It's in the backside of the lower drawer of the island, you idiot."

"And who will struggle to find it when you keep the groceries in hiding like your damn swords!?"

"Hiding!? Could you not be a lazy ass for once, Magnus!"

"I'm not lazy!"

"Yes, you are!"

"I'm no-"

"ENOUGH!" Future Alec exclaimed, partially pissed off and partially cringing because of the baseless argument they were having. Do they actually argue like that? "I think the point was that their magic isn't working!" He stated then turned towards his husband.

"I have no idea what happened, darling," Magnus spoke softly in a low voice, worry and fear laced in it.

"Guess I do," Alec said while narrowing his eyes at him. "Do you, by any chance, used my Blue Elvorum bathing gel while showering before I threw you out of the window!?"

"Fuck!"

Slowly, he took a step back and swallowed, hard, as he witnessed his husband's expressions going from angry to a deadly predator-like. "Look, sweetheart, darling, booba, hunnybunny, jellybean, pookie-"

"I'm going to kill you!"

With a yelp, Magnus ran inside as his husband ran after him. Present Alec couldn't help but chuckle, then walked towards his boyfriend who was looking at the chase with his mouth agape and wrapped his arms around his waist. "I'm enjoying this thoroughly."

Present Magnus looked at his boyfriend then at his future self who was trying to hide like a guilty puppy, pondering about how there was no shield between them, no pretense of being up and strong which was still a down point in their present relationship of four years. "Um, can you people please let me know why my magic isn't working!?"

Magnus's head snapped towards his own voice and taking advantage of the distraction, Alec successfully and gracefully sneaked behind him, held his hand, and twisted it backward, holding it firmly in his grip.

Magnus tilted his head back and gave his husband a pleading look. "Darling, I'm really sorry, I didn't know this would happen. I thought we'll stay at Matthew's place this weekend so there won't be any need of my magic."

"Yet you still convinced me to use the portal!"

"Sorry..." Magnus mumbled. "And now I understand why my magic wasn't cooperating earlier."

"Excuse me," Present Magnus spoke, his voice flat. "I'm still waiting for the answer."

Alec sighed and let go of his husband, then walked towards the couch and sat on it. "Blue Elvorum isn't a normal bathing gel-"

"It's a potion that I made in the form of a bathing gel for him," Magnus said as he too walked towards the couch and sat beside his husband.

Present Malec followed the suit and sat opposite to them, slightly weirded out by looking and talking to themselves. They see each other all the time but looking at your own body from somebody else's perspective was creepy, weird, and uncomfortable at another level.

"A potion?" Present Magnus questioned.

"Yes, a potion. I think we both can agree upon how stubbornly hardworking Alexander Lightwood is."

"Totally," Present Magnus mumbled as he glanced between both the Alecs who had a look of retortion on their faces.

"That's why I created it, to make him finally relax. By bathing with this Blue Elvorum, his body relaxes completely and he falls into a deep sleep within fifteen minutes, for the next twelve hours. I made it this way because I know well he tends to work continuously for days without any amount of sleep which is really unhealthy."

Both Alec rolled their eyes in unison making both Magnus slightly creeped out.

Clearing his throat, Magnus continued. "And... if I use it, it'll weaken my magic to the point where it'll completely loosen out from my body so that I can relax and have a proper rest-"

"Because you tend to over exhaust yourself while working as well," Alec added.

Magnus let out a low groan then continued, "I... I was working since morning so I thought I'll use it. I'll slowly regain my magic, but it'll take 18-20 hours. And, you're affected because, well, we're the same person."

"So my magic is gone for the next 20 hours. Just great!"

"At least you won't be a lazy ass now." Present Alec stated earning a cute glare from his boyfriend. "So, um, since we can't do anything about it and you both have to stay here for a day, can you, umm... can you tell us how... how we got married? Please? We'll forget about everything anyway, right?"

"I was thinking about the same." Present Magnus admitted. "Only if you both feel right, that is."

Magnus and Alec exchanged a look, but after a slow nod from Magnus, Alec agreed. "Okay, we will."

"We... got married in 2025," Magnus informed. Present Malec intertwined their fingers and listened intently, a look of longing visible in their eyes.

"But... how?" Present Alec asked. "The Clave still doesn't approve of our relationship. They are trying to create a rift between us in every way possible."

"It'll end by the end of 2023, after... I'll become the Consul."

Present Alec gasped. "C.. Consul... me?" He wasn't able to believe that he could be the Consul one day, he doesn't have that confidence, those skills that are required for it.

"You doubt yourself a lot," Magnus said, "you shouldn't when I am there standing beside you in every step of the way."

Present Alec glanced towards his boyfriend who was already staring at him with adoration and had a proud look on his face. A light smile appeared on his face but their moment was short-lived because of the loud 'Ouch!' that had escaped from future Magnus' throat. They turned towards them only to find that future Alec had smacked the back of future Magnus' head with the magazine that was kept on the coffee table.

"Say that again and I'll kick your ass like a football!"

"Alexander..."

"What? If your memory had faded then let me remind you, Magnus Lightwood Bane, you weren't standing beside me, you were standing opposite to me, as an enemy. You were rouge, reckless, destroying the whole world in your blindness. That stupid Clave made me the Consul because I knew you the best. They just wanted to use me. That was the worst phase of my life, our worst break up. So don't you dare use these cliche lines ever again."

"Wait what?" Present Malec said in unison.

Magnus rubbed the spot where his husband had hit him. "That's... true. The Clave was successful in brainwashing me, making me their paw in their wicked game, that was to destroy the downworld. But him becoming the Consul changed everything, he lost himself seeing me like that and made the decisions that benefited everyone in the coming years. And, he was the one too who put some sense into me."

Present Malec exchanged a look, hands still intertwined and Alec could feel his boyfriend's nail digging into his skin. He could sense that he was scared, with himself and for their relationship.

"So, I'll.... ruin everything?"

Magnus bit his lip. "For a short amount of time, yes. But we'll get back eventually, like we always do."

"But that still-"

"PA! DADA!"

Every eye turned towards the two years old who was running towards the Present Malec while giggling in her sweet morning voice. "Pa... Pa..."

"Oh god, this is not good..." Present Magnus mumbled.

"A.. Alicia..." Alec breathed out, tears forming in the back of his eyes after seeing her again, that too as a child.

Alicia stopped and looked up at her parents, her confused brown eyes trailing between both pas and dads but she turned towards her crying pa and started running towards him.

"Pa.. pa... no.. caicai..."

Tears escaped from Magnus' eyes as soon as he saw his daughter in front of him, giggling her lungs out and calling out for them in her sweet honey-like voice. His hands searched something for support until it landed on Alec's knees and he gripped it tightly.

"Alicia! My butterfly, my sweetheart...." A sob escaped from his throat when she hugged his leg and tried to crawl up from it.

"Pa... caicai... badddd..."

Magnus quickly picked her up and hugged her tightly in his arms as tears kept falling from his eyes uncontrollably. Feeling her warmth, her soft black hair against his face felt so right.

"Pa won't cai... kay? Pa... *hic* pa won't..."

Present Malec exchanged a worried look, not understanding why they reacted like that but they were more worried about their daughter.

"Alexander," Present Magnus whispered, "take her inside, this isn't right. She would be confused seeing all of us together and then erasing her memories, it's not right for her part."

"I do agree, but Magnus," Present Alec whispered back, "she has already seen them so we need to tackle with her tiny brain anyway. Why not just give them some more time with her because seeing their... our reactions... it's clear something's wrong. We don't cry like that, right?"

Present Magnus hummed and noticed how both of them were crying uncontrollably while showering Alicia with lots and lots of kisses as if they haven't seen her in long.

"Pa... da... stie cai... no cai... peez..." There was sadness in her tiny soft voice that Magnus just wasn't able to take and he lost himself completely, crying on her tiny shoulder loudly and uncontrollably.

Alicia put her tiny hand on Magnus' face and tried to wipe off his tears. "Paa..."

"Pa won't.. *hic* cry butterfly... *hic* *sniff* *hic* he... won't... kay... *hic* *sniff* *hic* *hic* *hic*-"

"Magnus! Water, someone fast!" Alec was a sobbing mess himself but he was trying to have control over his emotions for the sake of everyone present in the room, especially Alicia. He was tempted to wrap his heart, his princess in his arms, and cry his eyes out just like his husband.

Present Alec was on his feet, rushing towards the kitchen to grab the water while his boyfriend was now beside the duo, trying to comfort the future Alec who was rubbing soothing circles on his husband's back.

"Here!" Present Alec rushed towards Magnus and held the glass against his lips as he started taking slow sips out of it. Alicia was now sitting on Alec's lap who was softly stroking her tiny head and leaving a soft peck over it every now and then.

"Mags..." He suddenly said as he kept stroking Alicia's tiny head. "Do... do you remember her last words? She... she said, 'the day will come soon, we'll meet again DaPa.' Do you think she was talking about this? She remembered?"

Magnus's head snapped towards his husband, he sniffed and wiped his nose from the back of his palm. "She... she did. Oh god, Alexander, she knew... about this... b..but..." He sobbed as tears kept falling on his cheeks uncontrollably.

"Magnus..." Alec sniffed then cupped his face from one hand, wiping the tears with the help of his thumb. "Hey... don't... I know what you're thinking... she sacrificed herself for all of us, love. You can't keep thinking about it..."

"Don't you too, Alexander?" Magnus asked through his sobs. "Don't you...?" He scanned his husband's eyes and saw the pain and longing in them, which he knew well how much he tries to hide. "You know it, Alexander... she... she was supposed to live longer than me, than us. She wasn't just any immortal, she was different... she was different..." He trailed off and fell into the hysterics of crying once again.

Present Malec exchanged a look then glanced at their daughter who was sitting like a princess in future Alec's lap, looking at her crying pa with her sad little eyes.

"She's... immortal..." Present Alec trailed off and kept glancing at his daughter, but something stuck in his mind and he turned towards future Alec. "What... what do you mean by her last words?"

Alec looked up towards his present self, understanding the fears and doubts he has in his eyes. They were the same person after all. "She... died six months ago... in our... our arms..." He trailed off as tears fell on his cheeks remembering that cruel day, that deadly battle against the queen of Styx.

"B..but.." Present Magnus spoke, "if... she's going to be immortal... and d..died... then... from which... which year have you both time traveled from?"

Both time travelers exchanged a look, contemplating whether they should tell anything further but a slow nod from Magnus assured Alec that there's no harm, this is what needed to be done. Magnus was over a thousand years now and was stronger than he ever was before. He knew what parts to erase and what to keep as a lingering feeling. They remembered... how after a day of complete blur they had a weird feeling inside them, how they slowly starting opening up to each other about their darkest of the dark past, which became the reason for their patch-up, the reason why Alec forgave him so easily, he understood why he became like that.

"Umm.." Magnus started, "2307...."

Both Present Alec and Magnus' jaw hit the floor and they looked at each other in disbelief. Slowly, their eyes fell on future Alec who looked barely a few years elder than he currently was.

"I... I'm immortal..." Present Alec breathed out, not able to believe that he gave up on shadowhunting, his family, career, mortality, everything to be with Magnus. He loved him, that was true, but he was bounded to be a warrior, a soldier, a shadowhunter, to be a protector. How can he give up on it just like that? Immortality is not an easy thing to choose, not when you're whole existence asks for you to die as a warrior.

Present Magnus glanced at his boyfriend, eyes tearing up as he noticed his expressions. This was the topic he was always scared to bring up, scared that he'll get heartbroken again, like always. But seeing the future Alec as young as he's now, consoling his future self, their immortal love, he couldn't fathom that he actually got his wish fulfilled, that he finally has someone to spend the eternity with.

"B..but... Alicia is a shadowhunter, we adopted her because her family...." Present Magnus trailed off and looked between the sobbing couple.

"That's what we thought," Alec said then leaned down and pecked over her head, feeling the silky soft hair against his lips. "She's not a shadowhunter, she's... a mix between demon, archangel and mermaid. Her wings, similar to that of a butterfly, will appear when she'll turn five."

Present Malec gasped then looked at their little piece of heart with shock filled in their eyes.

"And?" Present Alec questioned, "I know when I leave a statement with a possibility of more details. Please, we'll forget all of it anyway." His tone was filled with desperation making the future travelers converse with their eyes.

A reassuring nod from his husband was enough for Alec to speak further. "And... Magnus's DNA was used for her experimentation, so..." he looked up at Present Magnus, "you're her biological father."

A loud gasp escaped from Present Magnus' throat. He looked at his little angel in a transfixed state, not believing what he just heard. He was a warlock, thus sterile, but if their future selves were conveying this information, then it cannot be a lie.

"Paa..." Alicia's voice broke all of them from their trance, turning towards her they noticed how she was looking between all of them again and again, her tiny eyes seemed confused and scared.

"She's confused, this is not good." Present Alec stated.

"Don't worry," Alec said then leaned down to leave a soft kiss on top of her head. "Leeshiee, my pinchee is confuu?" He cooed in a baby voice as he stroked her head in gentle manner.

"To pa n da..."

"But does my pinchee know why?"

"No..."

"Does my pinchee know what pa is?"

"Wallok..."

"And does my pinchee know what he does?"

"Magik..."

"So wallok pa had multiplied us by his magik because we love our pinchee soooooo much. If we will be sooooo many then our pinchee will receive soooooooooo much love, so many tickies, and sooooooooooo many kisies."

"Mutipie like Da's swod?"

Alec burst into laughter. "Yes, like Da's swod."

"Yay! Yay! Lot's of lovv n kissies!" She started jumping up and down on Alec's lap making Present Malec sigh with relief. They were amazed at how easy it was for future Alec to convince the little angel while they were worried like anything.

Magnus picked the bundle of joy in his arms and started leaving kisses all over her tiny face making her a giggling mess. Once satisfied, he turned towards the Present Malec. "I know you both have still a lot of questions, but, I have a request. Can we please spend the day with Alicia?"

"How can we say no after knowing that she's no longer..." Present Magnus trailed off, "Yes you can." He turned towards his boyfriend who was already giving him a sad smile, but he knew better, he knew that his boyfriend was a mess from inside after knowing that he'll be an immortal.

(To be continued.....)
____________________________
Reviews and feedbacks are welcomed. ❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 298 19
Just some malec oneshot, no angst because I can't handle the pain myself and no smut because I don't know how to write it, maybe a tiny bit of kinks...
1.4K 72 8
This story is about malec having a fight and one of them ends up getting in trouble and in a serious danger, while the other one trys to save him. Te...
18.6K 1K 25
This story takes place after the Malec wedding. 5 years have went by and it's soon going to be their 6th year of togetherness, but something starts t...
68.5K 2.3K 58
Alec starts a relationship with Magnus Bane the High Warlock of Brooklyn after the unlikely but fateful night when he is dragged to a party by his si...