All is Found

By findinglove9499

With her life crumbling around her, worldwide popstar Ashlyn 'Ash' Monroe finds herself standing on the wrong... More

Authors Note
Cast List
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Alternative Ending
Hold My Hand

60

2.2K 89 18
By findinglove9499

The first year and a half with kids was definitely a learning curve. On top of balancing them I'm also a full time student and Thea had to adjust to her new title of lieutenant. Thea kept more odd hours with this promotion then when she was on patrol. It was an adjustment for all of us.

            I'm actually ahead of schedule with my classes for school. I have been mostly taking the maximum amount of classes allowed to take in a semester to get ahead. I've loved the challenge of school again and pushing myself. I just finished what would have been the first semester of my junior year. I'm almost done with all of my classroom classes and in the fall I'm going to be starting an internship to get some real classroom hours. But for now I took the rest of the summer off to spend time with the kids.

            The first few months with them was taxing. Thea and I had to learn all about these tiny humans who we were now in charge of. They both have their own unique personalities that took us a little bit to catch on with. Once we got them enrolled in Salem Elementary School things were a little bit easier for us. While they were in school Thea and I spent time setting up their rooms. The payoff was amazing to see the look on their faces when we were done.

            Sam warmed up to us right away, especially to Thea. She loved that Thea would play princess with her whenever she wanted. It was only a few months later that she started calling Thea mommy. It made Thea cry and I watched from the doorway when the moment happened. It wasn't long after that moment that she even called me mommy. When she caught me watching them in the doorway she jumped up from Thea's lap and ran over to me screaming I have two mommies'.

            One thing we both learned right away about Sam is that she loves to be the center of attention. She loves to perform for us. Almost every night she would put on a little play she made up herself and act it out. I have no doubt that one day we will see her either an actress or a director.

            Sam also loves school. After the first week in the first grade at a new school she made five new friends and wanted to have playdates with all of them. As the year went on, she wormed her way into her grade and knew everyone. When I would go and pick her up from school she would always be talking with a new friend. Her bubbly personality really started to bloom and I know it's going to get bigger as she grows up.

            As for Preston, he was always watching out for his sister. We later found out that the last thing his father said to him was to always watch out for Sam. It was something that stuck with him. Preston started the fourth grade and didn't have the warm welcome that Sam had. He had some problems making friends at first. Preston is a quiet kid even when you get to know him. I think that because he always stands up for Sam he forgot about himself.

            Towards the end of the year he came home with a birthday party invitation from a kid named Damien. He seemed pretty excited about going and Thea and I let him go. When we dropped him off at the laser tag place Thea and I watched Preston open up a bit when he saw Damien. Thea and I got to meet Damien's parents who told us all about how Damien could not stop gushing about Preston. It made me happy that Preston was leaving his mark on others like he has on Thea and I. Thea and I chatted with them for a little bit before they kids were taken back into the laser tag part of the building.

            Thea got called into work before we could pick Preston up so I went myself. Sam was at a play date of her own and I had plans to pick her up later tonight. When I walked into the laser tag place I walked around for a few minutes to find the kids. As I got there I heard some kids making fun of Preston for having two moms. Before I could get there to intervene Damien stood up to them. Preston and I watched as Damien told the other three boys off.

            It left a smile on my face as I watched the three boys run to their parents. Damien grabbed Prestons' hand before pulling him back towards his own parents who weren't standing that far away. I walked over to the three boys parents who were picking on Preston and took my sunglasses off. When they saw me walk over I could tell that they knew who I was. Before they could even say anything I started talking.

            "I hope you all saw what your kids just did. So much fun picking on the boy who has two moms. Yea you heard me right, Preston is my son. Oh and his other mom is a lieutenant in the Salem Police Department. So help me god if I hear from him that your kids are picking on him again you won't like to see the outcome."

            I stood there staring at them for a few more second before walking over to get Preston. Damien gave him a goody bag for coming and I managed to get his parents phone numbers because I had a feeling that Preston would want to have some playdates with him. Once the numbers were exchanged Preston grabbed my hand and we left.

            I tried not to let the anger roll off me in waves but I couldn't help it. It made me wonder if this isn't the first time some kids picked on him before. The ride home was quiet as I tried to calm myself down. Preston didn't really want to say anything either. He just ate some candy out of the goody bag as I drove us home.

            When we got back to the house I got out of the car and opened the door for Preston. Before I could do anything he launched his body at me and pulled me into a tight hug. A few tears fell as I held onto him for as long as he wanted. When he did pull away he wiped a few of my tears away and took me inside. We didn't speak about that day again.

            From that moment on Preston started to come out of his shell a little more. He was still a quiet kid but was a bit more vocal in what he wanted for himself. I did tell Thea about what happened just so she was aware and she was ready to go and arrest their parents. It took her a little while to climb off the ledge.

            One thing that Preston really liked to do was play the piano with me. We had lessons almost every day and I would teach him anything he wanted to know. It wasn't long before he started writing his own songs.

            Our first summer as a family was loud. Preston wanted to have playdates with Damien almost every day and Sam was having different friends over every week. Some days it was hard to keep track of who was where when I had to study and do school work. I was grateful to have some help in Malia, Lindsey and Pat. Nikki was gone for the summer on tour with Demi Lovato. Sam had actually started throwing aunt in front of Malia and Lindsey's names and at his request, started calling Pat grandpa.

            But soon those long hot summer days that were spent pool side turned into fall and the kids were back in school. Preston had a better year in fifth grade. I think he felt more comfortable going back to school having a great friend in Damien and it gave him some confidence. This year was the first year he could join band or chorus. Of course he chose band. When we got the list of instruments to pick from he had a hard time choosing. Piano wasn't a chose so he trumpet.

            His first winter concert was an interesting experience. He was so excited for us to hear the songs they have worked so hard on. Their band teacher was actually really good at her job because they didn't sound bad. Of course there was some squeaks here and there and some wrong notes but they weren't that bad. The spring concert was better with all the extra time they had to practice as a group.

            As for our little social butterfly Sam, she had a great year in second grade. I tried to see if she had any interest in music but that was a hard no. She still very much like playing dress up in Thea and I's closet. I tried to escape those moments but often enough I was told I needed to dress up with Princess Sam.

            But it's finally summer again. I finished up my last assignments in late June and had all of July and August off. Alyssa and Eli came out to visit us for a week in July. This was the first time they got to meet Preston and Sam in person. Alyssa and I facetime all the time and the kids always usually come and say hi but this was the first time they met in person.

            Alyssa filled me in on all the new gossip and happenings in the music world while Eli was able to keep my kids entertained for the afternoon. She also told me how people are still submitting offers to her for me. Every once and a while she will pass them along to me but I've turned them all down. Right now I'm focus on my education and my kids. Nothing more. Doesn't mean I haven't been writing songs for some other artists and for myself. Every once and a while I'll put out a single but that's about it.

            Before the couple left to go back home to LA, Eli told me that he has plans to propose to Alyssa sometime this year. They have been dating since my wedding and have actually been living together for the past year. It put a smile on my face and I begged for him to give me some more details on his plans. He told me he is thinking of doing it over Christmas but that's about all he has planned out right now.

            But back to today. Thea and I just received the final notices in the mail about our adoption. After countless social worker visits and hours filling out the proper paper work and a few court dates, we finally just received our official final paperwork. Both Preston and Sam are now officially a Monroe-Ramsey. Thea and I haven't decided how we wanted to tell them yet but are most likely going to bring it up at dinner.

            The weather was actually a bit cold today so we have been spending the day inside watching movies. Both Sammie and Preston were able to agree on a movie and it saved us a headache of having to decide for them. We just finished up Phineas and Ferb movie and if I had to sit through another movie without telling them I feel like I'm going to explode. I looked over at Thea and I think she get what I was trying to say.

            "Before we pick another movie we wanted to talk to you guys about something." Thea started.

            "So you know how we brought you guys home last year to adopt you both?" I started. Preston nodded while Sam just looked at her bother and nodded also.

            "We got the last paperwork in the mail today to make it official. We are officially a family." Thea said and smiled.

            "I thought we were already?" Sammie said in question.

            "I mean we have been since you guys came home but now it's official and you both get our last names." I offered up.

            "So now you both get to be our moms forever?" Sammie asked.

            "Forever and ever." Thea said and smiled.

            Sammie didn't say anything but launched herself at Thea. Thea laughed and held onto her tightly. When she let go Sammie climbed over the couch and gave me a hug. I laughed and when Sammie had enough she let go of me and grabbed the remote to pick out another movie. That's when I took a look at Preston. He looked kind of conflicted about the news. Thea noticed it to and nodded her head towards the studio. I nodded and kissed her cheek before I got up.

            "Preston can you give me a hand with something?" I asked and held out my hand for him.

            He took it and I lead him over to the studio. After shutting the door behind us I took a seat next to him on the piano bench.

            "Are you okay bud?" I asked and lifted the key cover.

            "My dad isn't coming back is he?" Preston asked quietly and I felt my heart shatter.

            "I'm sorry bud but he isn't." I said and rubbed his back.

            "He's a bad man." Preston said.

            "I don't know if he is a bad man because I don't know him. I do know he did a bad thing and he is in jail because of it. But I do know that he did a very selfless thing in giving you and your sister up. He wanted a better life for you and Sammie. Thea and I will do anything for you and your sister because you're our kids since the moment we brought you guys home for the first time." I said and smiled at him.

            "I really liked it when you called me your son at Damien's birthday party last year. It made me happy." Preston said and moved closer to me on the bench.

            It took me a second to remember the moment and I sighed. That moment definitely brought us together and I will gladly do it again in heartbeat if it continued.

            "Well you are my son and I'm very proud of that. After we got married Thea asked me about having kids and I told her I never thought of having them. Before her, I didn't see myself as a mom because of my life on the road. But the past year and a half of having you and Sammie with us has been the best of my life. I feel so honored to be your mom and getting to watch you grow up. No matter what you do I will always to be proud to have you as my son." I said and smiled through my watery eyes.

            "I'm really happy you get to be my mom." Preston said and looked up from the piano keys.

            I couldn't help but let a few tears fall. This was the first time that Preston called either of us mom and I feel so honored that I was first. I felt his arms wrap around my waist and I held him tightly to me in a side hug.

            "Does this mean I'll get to hear you call me and Thea mom now?" I asked him after a few minutes of silence.

            "Yes now can you teach me a new song mom? I don't want to watch another movie." Preston said and turned to the piano.

            I couldn't help the smile as it stretched across my face. But I agreed and first played Preston a bit of Claude Debussy's' Clair De Lune. I was able to teach him the few first minutes of it just from memory before Sam and Thea crashed the party.

            "Mommy come listen to what mom taught me today!" Preston said and made room on the bench for Thea and Sam to sit. Thea looked at me and her smile said a million words. Sammie jumped on Thea's lap as she sat down on the bench.

            Preston started to play the bit of the song I taught him and I smiled as I watched our son play. He is a natural. My eyes watered as I took in the scene. Sammie is watching her brother with wide eyes and Thea is softly smiling at him. Never in a million years would I think I would ever have a family again. Sitting here now with Preston, Sammie and Thea it felt like a dream I never wanted to wake up from. I just closed my eyes and listened as Preston finished the part I taught him and I smiled so happy that Thea saved me from going over the bridge that night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.2K 1.4K 17
An 17 year old girl, lily had feelings for someone, that someone was her Teacher who happens to be marry. Mrs heart a 24 year old. Lily never had it...
2.3K 189 21
She is the quiet, shy one. She is loud and obnoxious, cussing is her language. She's supposed to be a healer with a warrior background. She's the Alp...
5.9K 450 40
Ash is autistic and OCD, she has zero friends and her wife just divorced her. Not only that, she also takes everything Ash owns except her apartment...
90.5K 7.4K 79
[Featured by wattpad romance, teen fiction, young adult and psychologicalnovel] Joy Jones was a seventeen-year-old kind and optimistic girl working...