Poison Ivy || Draco Malfoy

By MalfoyInDaClub

My name is Ivy Parkinson and I'm in love with my sister's boyfriend. He barely knows I exist. He doesn't even... More

1 - The Sister
2 - Mudbloods
3 - Stupidity
4 - My Sister's Boyfriend
5 - The Object of my Affection
6 - Seeker Surprises
7 - The Mystery of Draco Malfoy
8 - Pansy's Sound Advice
9 - Weekend Breaks
10 - The Girl on the Train
11 - Pansy's Bad Move
12 - The Girl Who Drew Too Much
13 - Cold Trickles
14 - The Muse
15 - Lost Childhoods
16 - An English Gentleman
17 - Where Would You Like Me, Miss Parkinson?
18 - Draco Row The Boat Ashore
19 - Curry
20 - The Penthouse
21 - Poison Ivy
22 - Merry-Go-Round
23 - Watermelon
24 - The Kiss
25 - Saving Ivy
26 - Little Piece of Paper
27 - Percy
28 - My Good Boys
29 - Forbidden Fruit
30 - Awkward Hugs
31 - Pizza at the Potter's
32 - The Girl He Never Saw
33 - The Prince's Confession
34 - Forever Mine
35 - The Safest Place In The World
36 - Cold Showers
37 - Dead Man
38 - Outcast
39 - Owl Post
40 - Percy's Sister
41 - A Questionable Reunion
42 - Listen To Da Man
43 - Games
44 - Sunday Morning
45 - Home Sweet Home
46 - Poison
47 - The Grinch
48 - His Patient Heart
49 - Tick Tock
50 - The Final Gift
51 - Lonely Views
52 - Sad Girl
53 - Angel in Disguise
54 - The Worst Sister in the World
55 - Harry
56 - Curiosity Killed the Ferret
57 - The Sister Code
58 - Saving Draco
59 - The Fight for Justice
60 - A Sudden Gush of Water
61 - Marge
62 - The Sun, the Moon and the Stars
63 - The First of September
Epilogue (part one): One Year Later
Epilogue (part two): The Icing on the Cake
Epilogue (part three): Yours, Ivy

64 - S.H.M.

19.6K 636 1.3K
By MalfoyInDaClub

"WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING?"

Draco drove his hands exasperatedly through his hair as he frantically looked around for answers; his heart racing furiously in his chest. He just couldn't cope.

Machines were beeping wildly as Healers stormed in and out of the operating theatre where Ivy was receiving urgent surgery.

"Stand clear!" he heard a stern male voice bark authoritatively from within as the beeping now turned into one long terrifying noise.

No, no, no, no, Draco sobbed, the thought of losing her now completely tearing him up inside.

And then the male voice spoke again; words that Draco could dare not believe.

"She's back, we've got her folks! Cancel the hearse; this one isn't going anywhere today."

Thank fuck.

*****

Everything hurt so much, the pain was unbearable.

But it was pain; and pain could only mean one thing.

I was alive.

Well, either that or I was in hell.

But when I blinked open my eyes and saw a certain white-blond haired boy looking down at me with such love in his silver grey eyes; I knew for certain that this could not be hell.

And every inch of pain I'd ever endured was worth it just to be here next to him.

"Morning, beautiful," he murmured huskily in exactly the same way he used to greet me when I woke up in his arms in those last days, "glad you could finally join us."

"Draco," I breathed, automatically reaching out to him; but as I did so, a horrific searing pain made me cry out in agony.

"Hey, take it easy," he said at once, his brow furrowing in concern as he reached out to gently touch my arm, "you've just had some major surgery."

"The baby," I rasped, trying to lift my head, desperate to see. "Is he... is he-?"

"Shhh, our boy is fine," Draco soothed, bringing a hand up to tenderly brush the back of his fingers against my cheek, "perfect, in fact."

I closed my eyes; releasing a contented sigh. I'd missed his touch so much and I could scarcely believe any of this was real.

"It is real," Draco answered without me asking, "fuck, Ivy, you gave me such a scare yesterday. I thought you'd... I thought you'd-"

He stopped as his voice started to break, I was horrified to see tears swimming in his eyes as he looked down at me with such intense emotion. I wanted so much to reach up and cup his face; to kiss away his pain.

"I'm here, Draco," I assured him instead, "I'm not going anywhere."

"I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you," he said, his voice strangled and full of remorse, "I'm sorry for what he did to you after everything."

"It wasn't your fault, Draco," I said with as much earnest as I could, willing him to believe me, "if anything, you saved me. You made me see what it is to be loved. And now you've given me a child, our child,"

"I do love you, Ivy," he said, his grey eyes flashing fiercely, "and you don't know how fucking glad I am that I behaved so irresponsibly with you that night. And I don't normally- I mean... I don't usually-" he paused to clear his throat as a slight tinge rose to cheeks, "What I'm trying to say is that I'm not usually so careless."

"It wasn't just down to you," I smiled, feeling oddly endeared by his rare show of awkwardness. "In all the chaos of walking away from Percy, it hadn't even crossed my mind to continue with the pill."

"Yes, well," Draco shrugged, his eyes giving a mischievous twinkle as his lips twitched up at the corners, "as I said, I'm glad."

"Can I see him?" I whispered, once again craning my neck to look around the room until my eyes rested on a cot in the corner. "Can I see our baby?"

He nodded, pressing his lips down upon my forehead before turning to stride over to the cot, where he reached inside and carefully removed from it a tiny little wriggling human being.

My son. Our son.

It felt too surreal for words.

I watched in wonderment as Draco cradled him to his chest, kissing the top of his head where white-blond wisps of hair lay. I suddenly felt hugely apprehensive.

"I don't feel like a mother," I said fearfully as Draco sank back down in the chair next to me, looking adoringly down at his mini-me. "I haven't even held him yet."

"Here, let me lay him next to you," Draco murmured, his tones soft and gentle as though he didn't want to risk alarming the child in his arms.

He carefully placed him down so that he was nestled in the crook of my arm. His little body felt so soft and warm next to mine and I could scarcely believe he was real and lying here, next to me. Wide silver grey eyes blinked up at me and I swallowed, feeling overcome as a sudden torrent of emotions engulfed me.

"He looks so much like you," I trembled, terrified to tear my eyes away and wishing I could sit up and hold him properly. "He's beautiful."

"He's beautiful like his mother," Draco said, leaning down to softly brush his lips against mine.

"Don't squash the baby, lovebirds!"

Draco and I simultaneously looked up to see a beaming Blaise bursting through the door dragging in with him a huge bunch of green helium balloons.

Pansy followed close behind him, looking rather apprehensive as she stepped into the room, her eyes bloodshot red as they fixed upon me.

"Oh, Ivy," she trembled, sounding most unlike my sister. "Don't you dare do that to me again."

"I'm sorry," I whispered, giving her a watery smile as my heart filled unexpectedly with a rush of love.

"Hey, don't be," Blaise said airily, tying the balloons to the end of my hospital bed, "I knew you'd pull through; they don't call us Slytherins cunning for nothing, man."

"Can I, can I hold him?" Pansy said hesitantly, peering down at the baby nestled into my side.

"You haven't yet?" I asked her surprised, before quickly shooting Draco a quizzical look who just shrugged his shoulders at me.

"It was nothing to do with Draco; I- I didn't want to," Pansy said, suddenly looking shamefaced, "not until I knew you were going to be okay. I'm sorry- I couldn't bear to."

"Don't apologise," I reassured her, feeling ridiculously touched, "I know I would've have been the same if it was you."

Pansy carefully reached down and picked up the baby, holding him out in front of her in the same way she'd probably hold a Quaffle.

"Christ, you need to support his head," Draco reprimanded crossly, jumping to his feet at once and swiftly stepping over to position him properly in her arms. "He's literally a day old, Pansy, he hasn't got the muscle strength yet."

"Well I don't know what to fucking do, do I?" She spat irritably, "do I look like a fucking baby whisperer to you?!"

"Ah, that's our auntie Pans," Blaise chuckled at the scene before him, his black eyes glinting in amusement, "ever the nurturer."

"Hey," she snapped, giving Blaise the stink eye. "I looked after our Ivy all right, didn't I?"

"In the end," Draco muttered under his breath, sitting back down next to me and clasping my hand back in his.

"So what are we calling this little dude then?" Blaise spoke quickly before Pansy could open her mouth to retort. "If you haven't already decided, I vote for The Blaiseman."

"We haven't actually got around to discussing it yet," I said, glancing up at Draco, "did you have any ideas?"

"Well actually, I do," he said, shifting in his chair, as though suddenly uncomfortable, "I was thinking about it through the night whilst I was waiting for you to wake up."

And, for the second time since I'd woken up; a pink tinge rose to his cheeks.

"Go on, what is it?" I encouraged, giving his hand a gentle squeeze.

"Yeah, don't be shy, man," Blaise piped up eagerly, "share with the group. No judgements here."

"Scorpius."

"That's a stupid name!" Pansy gave an incredulous screech before anyone else could react. "The poor kid is going to get bullied."

"It's actually a constellation," Draco bit haughtily, a sneer flickering on his lips. "Like my name."

"Scorpius," I breathed, looking over to our son in Pansy's arms, "I love it."

I looked back up at Draco and his features instantly softened as we exchanged a tender look. I love you.

"Well, Scorpy it is then," Blaise said, rubbing his hands gleefully together as he stepped over to Pansy to relieve her of my son, "now come and give your future goddaddy a high five."

Draco rolled his eyes, looked as though he was going to say something, but then shrugged his shoulders wearily before leaning down and planting another kiss on my forehead.

"Come on, Blaise," Pansy sighed heavily, giving Draco and I a side glance, "let's leave these two to get acquainted with the joyous world of screaming lungs and shitty butts. Rather them than me."

Our eyes met, and I was shocked to see a flicker of sadness in hers.

And it dawned on me that she had been genuinely looking forward to having me and the baby around, that despite her show of disdain, she had very much warmed to the idea of me and her bringing my child up together.

"Pansy, I-" I began, but she cut me off, immediately leaning down to kiss my cheek; the familiar scent of her sweet perfume causing me to feel unexpectedly wistful.

"Just make sure you send him my way for fashion advice," she said straightening up before rearranging her scarf, "I mean, you dress alright I suppose, for an artist. But don't let my poor nephew suffer for it."

I couldn't help but smile warmly up at her as her eyes glistened back at me, and I tried desperately to find the words to show her just how grateful I was that she was my sister.

In the end I just settled for a quiet 'thank you,' hoping it conveyed enough sincerity.

"She knows," Draco said, after Blaise had reluctantly handed him back Scorpius and the door had closed behind them, "and she wants you to be happy, Ivy, more than you realise."

I looked up at him, frowning. "Stop reading our minds, Draco; it's creepy!"

A soft chuckle escaped his lips as he gently jiggled Scorpius in his arms; his eyes dancing wickedly into mine.

"I'll teach you to close it, if you want," he said, removing an arm from underneath Scorpius to take my hand in his, "when we get back home?"

"Oh?" I enquired, my lips tugging into a smile as I felt the familiar fluttering of my heart again, "You don't mind us cramping your style in the penthouse, then?"

"Never," he said with a sudden fierceness, "I never want to be anywhere where you aren't anymore, Ivy. And sure, the penthouse isn't ideal for kids, but it will do until we find somewhere else."

"Somewhere with a garden?"

"You can have a fucking meadow if you want," he replied without hesitation, his expression ardent as his eyes pierced mine, "I'd give you the fucking world, Ivy. Whatever you want, just say you'll come home with me. Or even not; I'd still give you everything, anyway."

"Okay," I answered, feeling my smile reach my eyes, "of course I'll come home with you, Draco. I love you, I always have; and as far as I'm concerned, you are my home. You, me and Scorpius."

And, as his face lit up, I found myself looking back at the boy I had first fallen in love with; the boy whom I had longed for with all my heart, even when he was my sister's.

He had been worth the wait.

******

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 13.8K 37
{2022 WATTY SHORTLISTER} {18+ COMPLETED} England, 1842 Lady Hutton, otherwise known as Penelope Chapman, cares not that her husband has a wanderin...
11.2K 221 17
The snap took Bucky away from Bella. The blip brought him back. But will things remain the same? Or will they face enemies greater than Thanos? The m...
8.3K 669 26
"Yokohama school for troubled teens". Such a fancy name for a prison. They call it a school, but everyone knows that once you get in there, your futu...
430K 25.3K 54
"I didn't expect for this to happen" "Yet it was so worth it" "It was" "....i guess you could say-" "No, don'-" "It was a walk in the park" "Idiot"