Hollywood's Princess [PUBLISH...

By yourstrulytrina

"Every princess needs a prince charming." "Or a knight in shining armor." Sophia Heart Valentine makes all h... More

Hollywood's Princess
Chapter One: Pumpkin
Chapter Two: I Despise Him
Chapter Three: Roast Beef
Chapter Four: Affected
Chapter Five: Home
Chapter Six: Crazy Fans
Chapter Seven: Goodbye Temper
Chapter Eight: Half Truth
Chapter Nine: Maybe
Chapter Ten: Relax
Chapter Eleven: Different
Chapter Twelve: Crisps
Chapter Thirteen: Valentine Is Valentine
Chapter Fourteen: Brownies
Chapter Fifteen: Strawberry Ice Cream
Chapter Sixteen: Interview
Chapter Seventeen: I Wish
Chapter Eighteen: Lucky One
Chapter Nineteen: Daddy's Girl
Chapter Twenty: It's Me
Chapter Twenty-One: Give Up
Chapter Twenty-Two: Fast Lane
Chapter Twenty-Three: Wedding Dress
Chapter Twenty-Four: Family
Chapter Twenty-Five: Corny Summer Love Story
Chapter Twenty-Six: Tragic Fairytale
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Poetic Bullcrap
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Dented and Broken
Chapter Thirty: Treacherous Witch
Chapter Thirty-One: Shining, Shimmering, Splendid
Chapter Thirty-Two: Stutter McStutterson
Chapter Thirty-Three: Last Statement
Chapter Thirty-Four: Trap Card
Chapter Thirty-Five: Payback's A B*tch
Chapter Thirty-Six: Not Yet
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Red String
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Tea or Coffee
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Still Here
Chapter Forty: Rollercoaster Ride
Chapter Forty-One: Pumpkin Carriage
Epilogue: Shut Up and Kiss Me
Bonus Chapter: Welcome To Hollywood
Spin-Off
PUBLISHED

Chapter Twenty-Eight: Never Been Easy

225K 6.9K 1.1K
By yourstrulytrina

Standing in front of my mother’s house at ten in the evening is not how I pictured this day will go. When we got out late because of filming, I became a coward and instead of going straight home to face Adam, I made a turn and went here.

Ringing her doorbell, I couldn’t stand still as I waited for her to open the door. Right now, all I needed was a comfort from my mother, she always know what to do, from when I lose something to when I face Hollywood drama, I always come to her.

When she appeared before me, it took one look at my face for her to figure out there was something wrong. Cocking her head to the side in both question and concern, she asked, “Which one?”

She was referring which of the follow situations is the reason why I came her. Was it because of Axel, or is it because of Adam, or maybe because it was my dad.

Cross out the last one, because just a few tweaks, that’s no longer going to be my problem.

About the first two, I don’t even know anymore. It’s time to give up Adam, but how? It’s not going to be simple and because of my stupid confession, I predict that everything’s going to be awkward between us. If you value a friendship like I have with him, you would know that it’s the last thing that you want to happen.

And Axel, he just plainly doesn’t want to talk to me. I mean, we acted like we love each other in front of the camera, but as soon as the director yells, “Cut,” there’s like a switch that somebody would just flick so that our personalities would change in an instant.

He wasn’t insulting me like what he used to, he barely acknowledges that I’m there.

Instead of spilling everything to her, I gripped my purse tighter, and took a deep breath, “Can I stay over?”

Without a moment of hesitation, she nodded, pulling me inside the house that I gave to her as a gift. Before anything else, I shot Adam a text to let him know of my whereabouts and that I wouldn’t be coming home.

I’m just postponing the inevitable.

“You must be tired,” she soothed, guiding me upstairs, “Did you just get out of set?”

“Yeah,” I mumbled as I toyed with the hem of my blouse.

She clicked her tongue, before she led me to the kitchen, “You must be hungry.”

I didn’t reply. Instead, I sat down on the kitchen island as she heated up some leftover she took out from the fridge. A thing I like about my mother, she won’t pressure you about anything, and she’ll let you open up if you want to.

When she set down the plate in front of me, I knew I couldn’t hold it in any longer, “I need to tell you something.”

Well, it’s more like I’m asking her for permission.

She paused from putting away the bowls from the dishwasher and turned to me, gesturing for me to continue.

So I did, my face not even faltering as I told her what I planned to do. From the concert to what happens after, she listened intently to every single word that came out of my mouth.

“That sound like something,” she commented, going back to her chore, “But I think it’s going to be good for you.”

“Mom…” I trailed off, gripping my fork tighter, “I don’t even know anymore.”

With her gaze softening, she swept away my bangs and pressed a comforting kiss on my forehead, “Just do what you think is best.”

“That’s the problem mom,” I grumbled, taking a harsh bite from my meal, “I don’t know what’s best.”

Shaking her head from the self-accusation that I was doing to myself, she gripped my shoulder lightly so I could look straight to her, “You turned into an amazing woman, I’m proud to call you my daughter, but it’s time to stop running away from everything.”

During the start of the summer, I thought I lost my father to Kate, when Axel walked away during that night at the restaurant, I was aware that I lost him too, and because of my stupid feelings, I fear that I have lost Adam as well.

All because I was too scared to face them all.

“Whatever you do, you should know that I’ll support you,” she muttered, patting my head soothingly, “Always have, always will.”

“Thanks, mom,” I mumbled, then I felt her move away from me, placing the last bowl inside the cabinet.

“Finish eating and don’t forget to put the dishes inside the dishwasher,” she told as she stretched out her limbs, “I’ll see you tomorrow morning.”

Staring down at my food, I couldn’t help but sigh. I just hope Taylor doesn’t fail me now, the concert I asked her to set up was just the first part, you should have seen her face when I told her what I wanted her to do next.

She looked like she wanted to rip my head off, but when she saw the look I was sporting, she agreed to do so, giving no promises, but just the thought that she’ll go through the effort was enough for me.

That night, I couldn’t get any sleep. Taylor promised me the results tomorrow, and I kept on praying that she was successful. This is a big deal for me. When mom said that I should stop running away, this may be the last time that I did.

After sharing a cereal breakfast with my mother, I readied myself to head to set.

“You’re not going home?” she asked as she watched me put on my shoes.

“George wants us to get there early,” I replied, tying my hair into a braid, “Producer’s orders.”

She was giving me that look, one that shows that she clearly disapproves of what I was doing. I know, I was once again running away from facing Adam.

Shaking her head, she waved me away, “I’ll go visit Adam later, he must be worried sick.”

Frowning, I headed to the door with my bag slung on my shoulder, “Thanks mom.”

The minute I stepped inside the building, Taylor quickly appeared to my side, giving me the news of her endeavors.

“Concert is on Friday,” she said, taking out her phone to read me the schedules she had managed to plan out.

“Friday?” I questioned, “But that’s before the last day of filming.”

“After contemplating by myself and what you want to do, I think it’s the perfect date,” she told me, “Plus, events place is practically packed with concerts because it’s almost the end of the summer, you’re just lucky the daughter of this one is a fan of Heart Valentine.”

Nodding my head, I allowed her to continue. Besides, I guess I should be lucky that she even managed to get me a place to hold a concert at during the last minute.

“And I talked to them,” she informed, making stop in my tracks to turn to her, “They’re not the bit pleased, but they hesitantly agreed, though they still want a meeting.”

“Thank you,” I muttered, “You’re perhaps, the best manager ever.”

“And you’re the best client ever,” she smiled, though it didn’t reach her eyes. I knew she tried to be teasing, but to the both of us, this was hard.

She turned to another hall as I continued my journey to my dressing room, where the outfit for shooting was already laid out for me.

I was out of myself that day, I kept messing up my lines and scenes. I couldn’t concentrate, and I knew the director’s patience was running thin with me. This was the same case yesterday, but I promised them that I would do better today.

Apparently, I broke that promise.

When I got tongue tied once again while doing a scene with Axel, the director yelled for us to stop, massaging his temples in frustration. My eyes dropped to the floor shamefully, and he shook his head, asking for a drink from one of his assistants.

I felt Axel grab my arm and he faced me towards him, “Get a grip on yourself, Valentine!”

Well, at least he was talking to me this time.

“I’m just not up to it right now,” I tried to explain, freeing myself from his grip.

“You just have to endure it for one week, can’t you do that?!”he harshly whispered so we wouldn’t be heard even if we stood in the midst of a busy set, “You’re not the one who just got rejected.”

He was wrong, he was completely wrong. If only he knew what happened with Adam.

“My head is just clouded right now,” I defended myself, crossing my arms over my chest, “Do you think this is not difficult for me too?”

“Because you always act like a heartless bitch!” he finally bit out, pure anger showing through his features, though when I looked hard enough, I could still see the pain in them.

“Then you’re acting like a huge asshole right now!” I doubled his emotions, poking his chest with a hard finger to get my point across, “There’s never going to be a happy ending in real life.”

“I hate you so much,” he growled towards me. My mouth dried in my throat as the words registered inside my head. I didn’t know why, but it felt like my heart was breaking into a million pieces inside my chest.

Shaking my head, I prevented myself from showing what I really felt, “Good, because I never wanted to be liked by you!”

We were breathing hard, staring into each other’s eyes as if we were challenging one another. My fists were balled up to my side, while he was giving me a dark sneer.

Deep inside, there was a part of me that was soaring in happiness. We were back to normal, back to our banters that usually ends up with us despising each other more than we did a minute ago. Call me weird or crazy, but I actually missed it.

I missed this part of our odd relationship.

When I found out about his previous feelings, he completely changed his personality. From this tough enemy, he became this lost puppy. Don’t get me wrong, it was sweet and all, but as I remember correctly, these fights we always have are the reason why we stayed strong during the spotlight of Hollywood.

I liked him better when he was showing himself, not altering his personality so some girl would like him. I don’t want him to be blinded, by any other image, seeing the good in everyone, I want him to see that there’s nothing good about being with me. I don’t want him to act like he’s so whipped.

Because I don’t deserve him.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered sincerely. He could take that as any way he wants to. I’m apologizing for everything, from how that date night ended to this recent argument.

His harsh expression finally dropped, and so did his face, “I’m sorry too.”

That was when our wonderful director decided to disrupt this moment, “Alright, let’s try this again.”

I slowly turned to him and shot him an apologetic look. He gave me a soft smile, but it was clear that it’s forced, “It’s alright, Heart, we can do this, you’re Hollywood’s Princess.”

Perhaps that’s the reason why he’s masking some patience. It’s because of my stupid title.

That stupid title that lead me to be standing right in front of Hollywood’s Prince that I ended up breaking his heart.

Taking a deep breath, I turned to Axel and when the director yelled our cue, I clicked my brain to stop thinking like myself and more like Ellie, my character.

“You don’t want to do this,” Axel told me, his emotions playing out as his character, “I know it hasn’t been easy for the both of us...”

“It has never been easy for the both of us!” I yelled, making sure my voice was leveled to make it appear convincing, “I’ve had enough of everything.”

Cautiously, Axel reached out for me, and I was calculating how long it will take before he touches me. With just a hair width away, I took a step back, and I saw the director’s pleased smile at how accurate my move was, “Don’t you think we’ve done enough damage?”

Axel remained silent, just like what his role required. I shook my head as I slowly moved away from him, “Well, I do,” I whispered, but I made sure it was loud enough for the mic that was hovering between us could capture the sound, “And because of it, I’m leaving.”

Turning away, I moved out of the camera’s view as it slowly zoomed into Axel, whose face morphed into one of longing and sadness, a conflict on whether he should chase the one he loves or not. When the director stood up from his chair and started clapping with joy, the camera finally stopped filming.

What didn’t stop was Axel, the same expression was still gracing his face, and when he turned to me, my lips pressed into a thin line and I shook my head towards him, because we both knew it was over.

“How about we roll that scene again and then head to the next one?” the director suggested, before sitting back down.

When I slowly approached my spot, I heard Axel whisper beside me, “It really has never been easy.”

Closing my eyes, I prevented the hurt to affect me, but not matter how hard I tried, it did. I pushed it back instead, knowing I still have my job to do.

When I drove home, I was afraid to enter my house. Adam was waiting for me inside and as I stood there with my keys hovering over the lock, I tried to calm myself down.

I should really stop running away.

Finally gaining the courage, I opened the door and got inside. I could hear the faint noise from the TV, signaling that Adam was in the living room. I also he’s aware that I’ve returned because of the door’s sound. I was just thankful he was still giving me the option to retreat to my room instead of facing him.

But no, this time I’ll try to be brave.

When I entered the room, I found out that was he actually waiting from me. He stood behind the couch, facing the doorway with the television still running behind him.

“We seriously need to talk,” he finally spoke. I dropped my things to the floor and nodded, gesturing for us to continue on the couch.

Because we damn well need to talk.

----------------------------

I'm sure you all hate me now because I stopped it right there, because in my defense, one encounter at a time for dear Valentine. But hey, don't you think cliffhangers are fun? *hides behind barricade*

Now as you spare me alive for now, let's me just say thank you for the patience, and I hope you'll continue to have it.

Dedicated to wonderstruck_rose for the cover on the side. It's really pretty, and she looks beautiful in there, I love it.

Question: I've never outright said it, but after the concert, what is Heart planning to do?

I love you all amazing people. Comment, vote, and follow. I shall see you all next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 11.8K 29
Living in Los Angeles and finding herself in desperate need of money, Iris found it the most obvious option to try her hand at acting. Working as an...
265K 6.9K 52
Daphne believed that one day she will find her love in a gentlemen who will be cute and sweet. Her perfect definition of her Knight in shining armour...
218K 13.1K 45
"What do you want Xavier?" I said getting irritated. "For you to give me a chance to explain myself." "There's no need to explain anything to me, we...
226K 379 6
Jonathon, a billionaire who vowed never to speak or trust just anybody... Delnard, the best friend who was always second best at everything... Sofia...