His Other Half

By DamnGina

I opened the door only to see dozens of police cars in front of the house and that terrifying black truck. I... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Voting Closed!!!
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty -seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty-one
Forty-two
Forty-three
Forty-four
Forty-five
Forty-six
Forty-seven
Forty-eight
Forty-nine
Fifty
Fifty-one
Fifty-two
Fifty-three
Fifty-four
Fifty-five
Fifty-six
Fifty-seven
Fifty-eight
Fifty-nine
Sixty
Sixty-one
Sixty-two
Sixty-three
Sixty-four
Sixty-five
Sixty-six
Sixty-seven
Sixty-eight
Sixty-nine
Seventy
Seventy-one
Seventy-two
Seventy-three
Seventy-four
Seventy-five
Seventy-six
Seventy-seven
Seventy-eight
Seventy-nine
Eighty
Eighty-one
Eighty-two
Eighty-three
Eighty-four
Eighty-Five

Thirty

2.3K 127 33
By DamnGina

Omniscient

"Please talk to me," Pablo called looking at his mate. "Why should I? You left." Ahsha replied with her back to him. "Please forgive me, my sweet little mate," Pablo said as he wrapped his arms around her. "I did not mean to hurt you." He added gently kissing her neck. "Please look at?" He whispered softly in her ear. He hears her sigh before she slowly turns and looks at him. He watched as her hand went to the small roundness of her belly. His breathing shifted at the sight of her. She was glowing and her scent was smelled amazing. He looked at her face seeing a now slightly chubbier face. He couldn't help but stare at the sight before him. "Pablo?" Ahsha called. "Yes?" He answered still amazed at her changing body.

"Why did you leave me?" She finally asked cutting through the silence. He shook his head before cupping her face. "I would never willingly leave. There things happening that you know nothing about." He said. "What does that mean?" Ahsha asked confused before the sound footsteps echoed through the air. Pablo sighed looking at his mate before kissing her sweetly. "I can't explain now but when we meet again I will. I promise. Just stay safe, my love." Pablo said before kissing her once more. "Meet again? So you're coming back?" She asked. "I'll explain everything but right now you need to wake up." He ordered. "Wake up? I'm not sleeping." She corrected. "Ahsha wake up," Pablo said once again. "But I'm—"

Ahsha

I shot up out of bed breathing rapidly before I looked around my dimly lit room. I looked to the window seeing the daylight peeking through the curtains. I looked to the side of my bed seeing Louis sound asleep. I finally looked to my right to see Malik's empty side. I sighed before dropping my head into my hands. I had several dreams featuring Pablo but this was the first one where he actually spoke. At first, I just shook off the first few dreams assuming it was just my mind coping with his absence, or maybe it was me having second thoughts about marrying Malik and Ares. I knew Malik and Ares loved me I could feel it with each lingering gaze and every soft touch. I just couldn't understand why they were so dead set keeping me from Pablo. I knew it could all just be because of their past beef, that didn't make sense.

"Oshun?" I called. It was silent for a moment. "Yes, my dear?" Her motherly voice flowed throughout the room. "You've been alive longer than me. I'm not wrong for questioning them, right?" I asked as her figure began to manifest before me. "There must be something else going on," I added. "You are correct." She spoke as she nodded her head. "You know something?" I asked looking at her with a raised brow. "I know many things and soon you will too." She said being cryptic. "You can't ever just be straightforward?" I asked. She smiled.

"For you, this is your first time on earth, but I've seen all your past versions. I've seen what can happen when you don't allow things to run its course. When the time comes, you'll know all that you need to know." She said with a motherly smile. "I will tell you this though, everything that's happening now is exactly what's meant to be happening." She said. I sighed. "I promised I wouldn't let anything happen to you and I won't." She said. "You will feel like you aren't strong enough for what you will face but you are. And I promise to be there with you every step of the way. Trust your intuition." She said gently touching my chin. I knew that she wouldn't let anything happening to me that I couldn't handle. I nodded my head. "Okay. I don't like it, but I understand." I said. She nodded her head before leaving.

I looked to my left seeing a sticky note pressed to my phone. I grabbed it to see Malik's handwriting scribbled across the note.

I had to step out for a bit. I'll be back soon. If you need anything until then Aaron and Khalil are outside.

-M

I sat the note down before scratching Louis's head gently as he nuzzled up closer to me. "Hi, Babyboy," I said kissing the top of his head. I sighed softly before standing and heading to the bathroom. After brushing my teeth, I decided to take a shower to kill some time. I was letting the water wash over my body when I felt a pair of familiar arms wrap around me. "I thought you'd be gone longer," I said softly. "I've been gone since 6 this morning." He mumbled into my neck as he caressed my belly. I sighed softly pressing my head into his shoulder. I melted into his embrace before letting him cleanse my body. Once we were both clean, we climbed out and got dressed. I settled on a pair of baggy ripped jeans and one of Malik's lightweight button-up shirts. "You look very American today." I looked at Malik before playfully rolling my eyes.

"I look the fuck good," I said poking his side. "You absolutely do, but you look very American." He said pulling me into his arms kissing me. I smiled as he planted kisses all over my face. I started laughing. "You know you're so affectionate lately," I said. "I know. I've been trying to keep it under wraps, but I haven't been able to have you like this since we first started dating." He said. "Have me like what?" I asked. He looked down at me staring into my eyes. "You actually wanting me to touch you. You letting me be near you. You giving me love and affection back. I missed it so I'm making up for the lost time." He said pushing his face into the bend of my neck.

I chuckled. "I forgot that your love language is physical touch," I said. "My love language?" He asked. "You like physical contact. So does Ares. It's obvious from how you always seem to have your hands on me." I said. "Don't make that face it's cute. You two are like cats." I laughed. His mouth fell into a straight line. "So what about you? What's your love language?" He asked. "You tell me?" I asked. "What are my options?" He asked. "Physical contact, gifts, acts and services, quality time, and words of affirmations," I said as I grabbed my bag.

He laced our fingers together as he led us downstairs. "Can you have more than one?" He asked. "Yes," I said. "I think yours are physical touch and quality time." He said as he opened the passenger door. "Why those two?" I asked as he finally climbed into the driver's seat. "Quality time because you like to watch movies and shows together. Or come with me when I run errands even the boring ones." He said as drove. "And physical touch?" I asked. "You don't know it but sometimes in the middle of the night, you'll reach out to me. Once you find me you curl up right next to me or climb on top of me and fall right back to sleep." He said glancing over at me.

"I didn't know that," I said. He smiled. "Was I right?" He asked. "I do love quality time," I said. "And being with you I've grown to love physical touch but my other main one is words of affirmations," I said as I rubbed my belly. "Really?" He asked. "Yeah, I have anxiety. I worry about everything and sometimes I just need to know I'm doing a good job and that I'm appreciated." I said with a shrug. "Well, that's good to know." He said. I chuckled. "The funny thing is you and Ares do it naturally. You both have no problem spending time with me or letting me tag along. And you're always complimenting me and praising me. I guess it's the mate bond." I said. He grabbed my hand bringing it to his lips gently kissing my knuckles.

Malik

I watched as Dr. Yousef trembled and fumbled about trying to avoid eye contact with me. 'Why does she need a male doctor?' Ares questioned. "Dr. Yousef?" Ahsha called drawing my attention as she touched the man's arm. He looked up at her his fear written across his face. I smirked at the sight. "Just take a breath. I promise Malik isn't going to hurt you." Ahsha tried to comfort him. 'She shouldn't promise things she isn't sure of.' Ares spoke as his frown deepened. "Yes, ma'am." Dr. Yousef said. "Malik stops trying to scare my doctor," Ahsha said. "I'm literally just standing here," I said as played with her fingers. She looked at me for a moment before I sighed. "I apologize if I'm making you uncomfortable Dr. Yousef, but this is my mate and my child. And I've spent the past few days researching pregnancies and childbirth and I know all the statistics." I paused looking at Ahsha caressing her cheek.

"I will not lose my mate or my child because of surgical negligence or misconduct. So, I don't care about your comfort. My only concern is for their comfort. So do your job and there won't be any problems." I spoke leaving no room for argument. Ahsha looked at me surprised. I leaned over kissing her forehead. "I understand Mr. Ahmad. Your mate's wellbeing is a top priority to me as well." Dr. Yousef said.

Dr. Yousef nodded his head before squirting the blue gel on my stomach. Ahsha and I both looked at the monitor as a little blob popped onto the screen. "There's your baby." Dr. Yousef said pointing. "He's bigger than I expected for five months," Malik said. "Yes, in your medical history it seems that you forgot to mention your—backgrounds. With both of your genetic makeup, your baby may present with powers as early as 7 months. This will also affect the development and growth of your baby." The doctor said. "We'll monitor your baby closely. Just to make sure the baby doesn't get too big so you can deliver safely." The doctor explained.

"Can we see the sex of the baby?" I asked. Dr. Yousef looked at the screen for a moment before speaking. "It appears that you two are having a boy." He explained pointing at the screen. I could feel Ahsha looked at me as I smiled. I looked down at her before bringing her hand up to my lips. "We're having a son, my love." I cooed. She smiled looking at me.

--

I watched as Ahsha walked around our home in nothing but one of my shirts. I took a sip of my coffee watching as our dogs followed her around back and forth. 'I can see our son doing the same.' Ares said. I smiled at the thought. "Sit," Ahsha called pointing at the dogs. I chuckled when the dogs looked up at her with what looked like a pout. Ahsha turned and walk into the kitchen joining me. "They are so obsessed with me." She said before I started laughing. "Look." I pointed behind her. "Oh, God. I'm not going anywhere." She said looking at them. "They said that dogs can smell the hormone shift in pregnant women. They're more protective of you because of it." I explained.

She looked back at the dogs before patting her leg making me laugh as the dogs walked towards her. "Can we talk?" She asked as I pulled her into my arms. "Of course. What's on your mind?" I asked her. "Well, I wanted to talk about the wedding." She said. "What about it?" I asked hearing my voice rise. "I understand that the council has rules." She said. "But I want the wedding of my dreams, not the council's." She said.

"I always imagined my wedding experience being different. It didn't include being nine months pregnant. Don't get me wrong I'm so excited to be marrying you and I'm already in love with my baby." She said rubbing her belly. "But I've already changed so much of myself I just want to be able to look back on my wedding day and love what I see." She said looking up at me. 'Hmm.' Ares said. "I don't want to cause any issues but if I can't have the wedding, I want I don't want it." She spoke.

"We can push the wedding back," I said. "Really?" She asked surprised. "Absolutely, I've been so worried about what the council will think that I didn't even consider your feelings. You've given up so much of yourself to be with me if I can give you the wedding of your dreams, I promise to do whatever I can to make it happen." I said. She stared at me wide-eyed. "Truthfully, I saw this conversation going in a completely different direction." She said. "I meant it when I said you and the baby are my top priority," I said kissing her fingertips. She smiled up at me before kissing me. "Thank you, baby." She mumbled. "I love you, habitata," I said kissing her forehead. "I love you too." She said.

I found myself sitting outback as I watched my dogs run around the backyard. "Hey." I turned when I heard Roman's voice. "Ahsha let us in." I turned when I saw Alex standing behind him. They came over sitting on either side of me. We sat in silence for a moment before Alex spoke first. "How bad is it?" He asked. I glanced at him before looking at Roman. "I took Pablo and Sergio," I said taking a sip of my drink. Neither man flinched at my statement. "Why?" Roman asked. I took another sip of my drink staring straight ahead. "Pablo is Dominic. This means—" "Pablo is also Ahsha's mate." Roman said. "Yes," I spoke coldly. "That doesn't explain why you took Pablo and Sergio," Alex said. "You two remember when we were kids the stories we heard about true mates?" I asked as I swirled the dark liquor that remained in my glass. "Yeah." They both said. "I think Pablo is Ahsha's, true mate," I said softly. "And Ares—" I paused as a dry chuckle slipped past my lips. "He—we won't let him take her, so we took him," I said.

I could feel them stare into the sides of my face. "Even if that were true that doesn't mean she isn't still your mate," Alex said. "Her bond with me—with us is nothing compared to her bond with him. She can pretend that she's happy with me, but I can see the real her. I can see the longing in her eyes. I can hear her whisper his name when we sleep." I sighed. "I can deal with all of that, but I can't handle her possibly choosing him and watching her walk away from us. Especially not now when she's carrying my son." I explained. "Are you sure about Pablo?" Roman asked. I finished off the rest of my drink before sitting it down on the table. "Let's go find out, shall we?" I asked. "You don't mean—" Roman paused. "Who else is there?" I asked looking at both of them.

I stood and headed inside to go find Ahsha. I smiled when I saw her lying in bed with Louis sleeping at the foot of the bed. I walked over to her gently kissing her forehead. She hummed softly before turning to look at me. "Hi." She mumbled. "Hi," I said sitting next to her. "What's wrong?" she asked. "I need to go handle something and I'll be gone for a while," I explained. "Where are you going?" she asked. "I need to speak to my father," I told her. "I promise I'll be back before you go to sleep, okay?" I asked her. She laid there quietly looking at me. "You're lying." She said. "What?" I asked. "When you're lying you pick at things." She said looking down at my hand seeing me pick at the hem of her shorts. "Where are you really going?" She asked. "I can't tell you, but I promise I will be back before you go to sleep," I repeated.

She stared at me. "Is it something bad?" she asked. "No, I just need to clear my head," I told her. She looked at me for a moment before gently reaching up to caress my cheek. I watched as the golden rings that I hadn't seen in months began to glow in her eyes. Her mouth curved into a sultry smile. She waved her hand and I gasped as an image of my future with Ahsha came rushing to my mind. I saw Ahsha and a little boy who looked like her exact copy smiling up at me. "This can either be your future or someone else's. Remember that." A voice similar to Ahsha's spoke. I blinked several times as Ahsha's soft face came to mind. "Hey, are you okay?" Ahsha asked. I looked at her seeing her deep brown eyes staring back at me concerned. I nodded my head. "I'll be back soon," I told her kissing her.

--

I sighed as I heard his loud footsteps walking towards me. "Well if this isn't a wonderful surprise." I heard him speak. I stood as I turned to see my grandfather standing in the doorway. "My oldest grandson finally decided to visit his grandfather." He spoke with humor dancing in his voice.

"I've been busy," I said as I shoved my hands in my pocket. He walked towards me chucking before heading to his desk taking a seat. He looked at me smiling. "I know exactly what you've been doing. And I gotta say locking your mate in your bedroom was excessive but congratulations on the baby." He said smiling. I stared at him. "What?" I asked. "You think I wouldn't keep tabs on you and your little mate. You two are destined to usher in a new age for our kind. So I've been keeping a watchful eye on you two." He spoke as if this were normal.

"I—" I froze unable to explain myself. "Have you come to me to clear her memory?" My grandfather asked. "No," I said. "Have you come to me to handle your Pablo problem?" He asked. "My Pablo problem?" I repeated. "Your mate is love with another man but this other man is essentially a piece of you. This other man is your mate's mate so you can't kill him for her sake but you can't just let him walk around. So you do the next best thing." He said as a smirk formed on his face. "You lock him away." He added. I cleared my throat. "Ask your question." He said. I looked at him. "Go ahead." He said. "True mates," I stated. "Is it a real thing?" I asked. He chuckled. "Come on now. That's not the question you want to know. Ask your question, Malik." He repeated. I stared at him. "Is Pablo, Ahsha's true mate?" I asked. He looked at me. "Now Malik if I told you that it would ruin all the fun that's yet to come." He said with a growing smirk on his face as he watched me closely. I closed my eyes taking a deep breath.

I could feel Ares's anger race through my body as I tried to calm down. "Why can't you just be my grandfather and tell me what's going on?" I snapped. "Fine, I will tell you this. Over the next few months, everything will change. Everything you know will change. Your relationship with Ares and more specifically Ahsha will change tremendously." He spoke deathly serious. I stared at him unable to speak. "What did you see?" I asked. "Your world changing completely." He said.

--

After parting ways with Roman and Alex I found myself heading home alone with my thoughts. "I just want you to know that if it comes down to it." I paused. "If I have to banish you for her, I will," I spoke. I heard Ares's dark chuckle ring throughout my head. 'Do not test me, Malik.' Ares spoke darkly. "I mean—" I froze as my vision began to blur and my head started ringing. I was just down the street from my home. 'I was willing to share her with you. I was willing to allow you to know her but just like Dominic or rather Pablo you've just gotten in the way.' Ares's voice grew louder as I somehow managed pull into the driveway. I parked the car shaking my head trying to clear my vision as darkness began to deep into my sight. "W-what are you doing to me?" My voice came out barely coherent. "I'm taking what has rightfully been mine from the beginning." The words left lips. I found myself sinking into the darkness that was my mind. It was as if I was switching places with Ares as he took control over my body. "Goodbye, Malik," Ares said as his voice grew distant.

Omniscient

Ahsha found herself stir from her sleep when she felt the bed dip. "Hmm Malik?" She called turning her head. "It's me, habitata." Ares said as he mimicked Malik's voice. "You feeling better?" Ahsha rasped as Ares snaked his arms around her pressing his face into the bend of her neck planting a soft kiss. "Much better, now." Ares said. "Good." She replied melting into his arms. "I love you, princess." Ares whispered. "I love you too, baby." Ahsha mumbled as she turned into his arms holding him close. Ares looked up at the open window feeling the moonlight shine down on him—on him and his mate. He smiled knowing Ahsha finally all his.

Follow. Like. Comment. Share.

A.N.
• So how are we feeling about Ares and Malik?
• Or Malik's grandfather, Imam?
• What do y'all think is going to happen next?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

834K 54.2K 58
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
191K 24.3K 15
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...
301K 11.2K 78
"Leave, you're free. Don't ever come back here again." She said, hoping he wouldn't return and she'll get to live Hael was shocked, "Are you abandon...
570K 35.5K 48
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐛𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬, 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 �...