The Roommate: A Mathew Barzal...

By Calissy18

[COMPLETED] Because of a silly incident and out of guiltiness Jade Kaufman was forced to move in with her cou... More

Copyright
1. Jade
2. Mathew
3. Jade
4. Mathew
5. Jade
6. Mathew
7. Jade
8. Mathew
9. Jade
Author's Note
9.1 Jade/Mathew
10. Jade
12. Jade
13. Mathew
14. Jade
15. Jade
16. Mathew
17. Jade
18. Jade
19. Mathew
20. Jade
21. Jade
22. Mathew
23. Jade
24.1 Mathew
24.2. Jade/ Matthew
25. Mathew
26. Jade
27. Mathew
28. Jade
30. Jade
31. Jade/Mathew
32. Mathew
33. Jade
34. Jade
35. Mathew
36. Jade
37. Mathew
Epilogue
Author's Note
The Roommate Playlist
The Baby-Daddy Teaser
The Husband Teaser

11. Mathew

1.8K 25 1
By Calissy18

11.

The next day, we hit the road on the way back home. And I am just so happy that Jade and I already fixed our little fight.

No, it's not a little.

It's a huge fight considering the fact that it lasted for two weeks and I thank the heavens that it didn't affected my performance on the ice because I literally think of her every second of everyday while I was away.

"Hand me the pillow please." She said without looking at me as she was busying herself on the phone, she told me earlier she's handling emails but as I try to sneak a peak. She's clearly texting someone.

"Who are you texting?" I asked.

And she looked at me pressing the phone screen on her chest. "No one!"

"Liar!" I accused.

"Nosy!" He barked back and I can't help but grin because we are definitely back to our usual habit. "Give me a pillow!"

"I'm using it!"

"There are two pillows Barzy! Give me the other one." She said demanded.

"But I want to use two." I protested. I am using two pillows to rest my shoulder because one pillow can't literally support my body.

"Will you two shut up? People are sleeping." Tori from the passenger seat chimed in with an annoyed tone. Yeah, but she's the only one who's trying to sleep since Ander is driving while me and Jade are just constantly mocking and throwing insults from each other.

Collins and Alex stayed behind, according to Jade they are eloping. But we all know that was just a joke. Maybe they just wanted to have a weekend getaway alone together.

How I wish Jade and I will have that kind of time too.

Just the two of us.

"Give me that." Jade whispered grabbing one of the pillows.

I grabbed it back but her grip is strong too.

"Give me the pillow before Tori gives us an hour lecture of how to share things!" She whispered.

"Heard that!" Tori said and that made me and Anders snicker.

And since the pillow is literally covering our faces from Tori and Anders, I sheepishly tried to kiss her but she pushed my face away using the pillow.

I heard her snort as she puts the pillow on her lap resting her elbows on top of it burying herself on her phone again.

And since I don't like the idea of her ignoring me. I decided to rest my head on the pillow that was on her lap and tried to sleep.

She let's me do so...

Life is good again...

Even better, actually.

-

When we arrived home, I was disappointed when Jade instantly leave the house for important meeting.

I wanted to rekindle and hangout with her because obviously, I missed my roommate and I barely have free day like this during the season. Few weeks, from now my schedule would be drastic and if we make it to the playoffs. I won't be home for months.

I decided to take a nap while I wait for Jade to come back, when lunch time came in I went downstairs to have lunch with Tori and Anders and went back to my room right after.

The two are obviously catching up from being away from each other for two weeks, they are the absolute love birds and I don't want to spoil that.

I decided to just pull up another episode of The Bachelorette and chill on the small living room in our floor, just in time my phone beeps.

It's Rebecca calling. My second mom. I pressed answer right away.

"Hey Mat! What are you doing?" She said on the other line.

"Nothing. I'm just here watching tv. Enjoying some free day."

"I see." She said and I heard shuffles on right before another voice chimed in. It's Braker, Rebecca and Dennis' son.

"Hi Mat!" He greeted.

"Hey Braker!" I greeted back laughing. Their kids do really are close to me. I lived with them before during my beginnings in the NHL and their kids pretty loved me living around their house. And they still do even up to these days.

I love those kids!

I heard another shuffle before Rebecca speaks again. "I'm sorry about that. The kids miss you Mat, they have been bugging their father and me to come see you."

"Oh, no problem." I said. "I can come over now if you guys want. I have nothing to do anyway."

I honestly replied because it's true I'm really bored now and Jade isn't home yet. I texted her awhile ago asking what time is she home but she has this habit of not replying to my texts.

I hated it, by the way.

"Good." She said. "We're having an early dinner tonight. Nothing fancy, just Dennis throwing some steaks on the grill."

"Cool. I'll text you if I'm on my way." I said just in time Jade emerged on the door and just waved at me when she noticed I was on the phone then walk towards her room.

She looks kind of stressed as I stare at her walking down to her room brushing her hair using her free hands.

Bad meeting probably.

"Anyway, one more thing." Rebecca said and became silent for about five seconds.

"What is it?"

"Can you bring Jade?" She asked which surprised me. "I really like that girl... You're still seeing her right?"

I can't help but smile. I don't know why, I just love the idea of people who are important to me liking her too.

"Yeah, I still do. She kinda have a rough day from a meeting."

"Oh so, I suppose. You're with her right now?" Rebecca asked and I can really tell based on her voice that she's definitely giggling.

"Yeah." I said without any hesitation.

"So you guys are getting serious huh?"

"No. We just happen to be roommates. I tell you everything when I get there. I have to ask her first." I said because I badly want to hang up and follow Jade on her room.

"Okay. I see you later then! Tell Jade I'm expecting her."

"Sure, no prob." I said and hang up.

I immediately went to Jade's room and knocked on her slightly open door.

"Come in." She responded.

When I went inside she's on her bed buried on her laptop busy doing something.

"Hey." I greeted closing the door behind me and sat next to her on the bed kissing her on the cheeks.

"Hey." She said without looking at me.

"What are you doing?" I asked looking at the screen trying to understand the texts that are flashing from it.

"Emailing a last client for the day, so stressful." She said and sighed exasperatedly.

"Rough meeting?" I asked and just look at her while she's doing her job. She works her ass off all the time and this is one of the things I admire about her.

When she pressed sent, she closes her laptop and beamed at me. "And I'm done. What's up Barzy?"

I smiled, she really likes calling me with that name. I fought the urge to kiss her on the lips.

Those brown hair that compliments her eyes, her rosy cheeks and the cutest lips I've ever seen.

She's so beautiful.

We're on her bed right now and I'm so distracted to snuggle and kiss the crap out of her until we're both panting and naked--- oops! Not going in there.

Damnit! Now I'm sporting a semi.

"Hey, you okay?" She said. "Do I have a dirt on my face?"

"What?" I asked absent-mindedly.

"You're staring at me." She said and like it's as if she just read my mind, she smoulders and asked. "You want to kiss me don't you?"

I'll be damned if I didn't say yes. But instead of saying it, I closed the gap between us and started kissing her earnestly.

She kissed me back. Kissing her feels like a damn dream.

She cupped my face dragging me to her, now I'm lying on top of her as I kiss her exploring her body with my hands. When I slide my tongue to her mouth, she moans and that's the best sound I've ever heard.

I kissed my way on her neck as I start trailing my hands to cup her breast but I got stopped when she snorted. "You're way too fast Mr. Barzal. You're already on the second base."

I snickered. "Sorry." I apologized and kiss her on her forehead. "Anyway I was wondering, do you have any plans tonight?"

"Nothing. I'm done for the day, why?" She asked massaging my shoulders and I am totally distracted by that.

"Remember Rebecca?"

"Your second mom? Yeah, why?" She said touching something on my chin.

"They're inviting us two for an early dinner at their place."

"Us?" She clarrified pointing her fingers from me to her, back and forth. "As in us? The two of us?"

I nodded and laid next to her, rubbing her stomach. I don't know but I really like touching her, I'm such a handsy guy!

"Their kids wanted to see me and Rebecca is expecting you actually." I said a bit nervous and worried that she might say no.

So I quickly added. "It's okay if you won't. I'll just tell Rebecca you're busy--"

"No, it's okay." She cuts me off, smiling, she gave me a quick kiss on my nose. "I'd love too."

I reach for her and kiss her again. She's still rubbing my stubbles when she broke our kiss. "Now, I'm nervous!"

I snickered instead of worrying about her, because this doesn't surprise me anymore after our dinner with my team couple of weeks ago.

"I hate my social anxiety, honestly." She blurted out.

Oh well, that makes sense now.

"It's just dinner, babe." I said.

"Just dinner? You told me that before. Just dinner and all that, but there are cameras everywhere and your teammate's wives and girlfriends. It was too much."

"But you were fine." I said lacing my arms around her body pulling her towards me and let her lay on top of me.

We stayed on that position for five minutes, me holding her close as she rests her head on my chest letting me play on her hair. This is strange and sort of like new to me.

I don't have a girlfriend for such a long time due to the fact that I am way too focused on hockey to care on having to be in a relationship. But this cuddling and snuggling thing Jade and I have been doing for the first time, I think I'm gonna end up reconsidering having one. I mean, I actually already did eversince the day I met her.

I heard her sigh and she looked up on me. "What will you tell them if they ask you about us?"

Oh shit! I didn't see that one coming.

I like Jade, a lot. I definitely want her and she knows that. I want her to be mine, but I don't want to scare her either.

We're moving way too fast and she asks me to take it slow and I'll give that to her. But if she wants to...

"You know what---wait, what's that?" She said and wiggled her hips looking down. And then it dawned me, sending me to laugh hard.

"What's that?" She asked again completely confused and then few seconds later, her jaw dropped.

"Oh my god!" She blurted out getting off from the bed.

"It's a boner." I confessed between laughs.

She waved her hands giggling as she throws me her pillow. "Shut up!"

"Babe, I'm a man! And you're literally on top of me." I said still chuckling. "Come back here."

"Nope!" She disagreed and her cheeks even became redder. "I'd probably should get ready. You need to get out now."

"It's still early." I said checking the time on my phone. "Let's just chill here for a bit."

"You told me, their kids wants to see you." She reminded. "We'll go there early so you'll have enough time to hang out with them."

I agreed and get out from her bed. But before I leave I walked towards her again and gave her another kiss.

I can't get enough of her, to be honest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 49 8
Gemma Sullivan had it all: brains, beauty, and a perfect boyfriend in Mat Barzal. That is, until he forgot her birthday and said he resented her appl...
235K 9.3K 54
Book 2 of 3 Highly recommend you read book 1 first. Tanner 'T.J.' Levine has it all- looks, money, fame, and skill on the ice. His natural talent go...
46.3K 819 17
After her breakup with Brooks, Daphne decides that she isn't going to let boys run her life. She's determined to focus on school and not worry about...
1.5M 38.1K 41
FREE STORY. PAID BONUS CHAPTERS. ❝What started with a revenge sex, becomes something even more addictive than meth.❞ One buried childhood memory, One...