Till Death Do Us Apart- 4 ✔️

By DMHosmon21

Book #4 in The Fire series. It's the last book. Ryder Rexha, Selene Blaze, Felix Russo, these are all girls... More

Authors Note
Chapter One Stand Up For Me
Chapter Two When I Can't
Chapter Three Stand Up For Myself
Chapter Four Just Mere Suggestions
Chapter Five Gone For Good
Chapter Six Not How I Die
Chapter Seven Leave A Message
Chapter Eight This isn't Real
Chapter Nine In My Dreams
Chapter Ten Death Row
Chapter Eleven One Final Time
Chapter Twelve One Step Ahead
Chapter Thirteen Standing With EachOther
Chapter Fourteen Can't Break Me
Chapter Fifteen My Plan
Chapter Sixteen I'm Done Running
Chapter Seventeen That's The Deal
Chapter Eighteen Planning Something
Chapter Nineteen A Better Plan
Chapter Twenty Sealed File
Chapter Twenty-One Have A Life
Chapter Twenty-Two Wondering Off
Chapter Twenty-Three Go Ahead
Chapter Twenty-Four Afraid of Living
Chapter Twenty-Five A Long Time Ago
Chapter Twenty-Six My Better Plan
Chapter Twenty-Seven Out Of Sight
Chapter Twenty-Eight Last Remember Clearly
Chapter Twenty-Nine Not What I Mean
Chapter Thirty Going To Be Okay
Chapter Thirty-One Get Their Attention
Chapter Thirty-Two Focused On Us
Chapter Thirty-Three A Little Better
Chapter Thirty-Four Weak Of Me
Chapter Thirty-Five Remember Me
Chapter Thirty-Six From The Beginning
Chapter Thirty-Seven Picking A Fight
Chapter Thirty-Eight Least Important Things
Chapter Thirty-Nine Following You
Chapter Forty Stupid Or Smart
Chapter Forty-One Can Be Broken
Chapter Forty-Two Feeling Weak
Chapter Forty-Three It's Midnight
Chapter Forty-Four Back To See Me
Chapter Forty-Five A lot Of Pain
Chapter Forty-Six When You're Ready
Chapter Forty-Seven Something Bad Happens
Chapter Forty-Eight Wasn't There
Chapter Forty-Nine Having His Kid
Chapter Fifty My Worst Fight
Chapter Fifty-One What I Wanted
Chapter Fifty-Two Never Truly Forgive
Chapter Fifty-Three Holding Her Captive
Chapter Fifty-Four Thought The Worst
Chapter Fifty-Five A Huge Mistake
Chapter Fifty-Six The Long Run
Chapter Fifty-Seven Through So Much
Chapter Fifty-Eight Stood Up For Me
Chapter Fifty-Nine Bad At Choosing
Chapter Sixty Nearly Enough
Chapter Sixty-One Change Everything
Chapter Sixty-Two Bad Distraction
Chapter Sixty-Three Remember This Place
Chapter Sixty-Four Completely Different
Chapter Sixty-Five Still Healing
Chapter Sixty-Six Hate My Guts
Chapter Sixty-Seven My Own Fault
Chapter Sixty-Eight Don't Come Back
Chapter Sixty-Nine Promise Me That
Chapter Seventy Too Dangerous Here
Chapter Seventy-One The Biggest Mistake
Chapter Seventy-Two Feel The Pain
Chapter Seventy-Three In This Together
Chapter Seventy-Four Different Circumstances
Chapter Seventy-Five Everything's Alright
Chapter Seventy-Six His Beautiful Eyes
Chapter Seventy-Eight Track Them All Down
Chapter Seventy-Nine Happily Speed Ahead
Chapter Eighty Something Right
Chapter Eighty-One Ready For The Wedding
Chapter Eighty-Two We're A Family Now

Chapter Seventy-Seven Do You Remember

513 29 9
By DMHosmon21

I Think I'm In Love- Kat Dahlia

"Dallas." I groan as he drags me to where ever he was taking me that happened to be at the school. Why he was taking me to school, I had no idea, but I had a feeling I was going to find out in no time. "Why are we here?" I was still gonna be annoying about it though. Dallas pulling me to a parking space and I look around as we come to a stop. For some reason I was expecting something weird to happen. Cause this was weird. Dallas was being weird. He wasn't talking to me, he wasn't saying a word, making a sound, he barely looked like he was even breathing. But he turns and faces me as we stand in the parking spot and he motions around.

"Do you know where we are?" He asks and I look to the school that was five feet away before my eyes lazily go back to him.

"Oh, I wonder." I say and he smirks.

"This is the place I first saw you. Where you parked in my parking spot and then punched me in the face." He rubs his jaw with a smile as he looks around. "Man that was a hell of a punch too." I smile remembering that day...

     "You're in my spot." A male voice growls next to me. I look and my eyes meet hazel ones. Great. Him. I roll my eyes.

He has thick brown hair and you already know his eye color. Hazel. His skin was tan from what I could see and he wore a grey shirt with a leather jacket and dark jeans. He's one of the others I assume. "I don't see your name on it." I say as he gets off his bike setting his helmet down, and not taking his eyes off me. His glare would be intimidating to others, but to me, it was nothing.

"Move your bike." He says. He really wants this parking spot. I cross my arms.

"No." I say firmly. He looks taken back that I didn't obey him.

"What did you say?" He asks stepping closer.

"Did I stutter?" I ask tilting my head a little bit. That's when I notice people slowly starting to surround us.

"I don't know what makes you so stupid, but it works." He says in a calm, angry voice. He doesn't seem to care we're attracting a crowd. I didn't either.

"I would like to see things from your point of view, but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass." I say as I hear a laugh. Hazel (the nickname I'm giving him) looks to his left as I do the same spotting one of the guys in a leather jacket, shoving his fist in his mouth. Hazel sent him a glare before turning his glare back to me.

"You know, it's pointless to make fun of you because it will take you the rest of the day to figure it out." He says leaning against his bike. I raise an eyebrow.

"Oh I'm sorry." I say putting my hand over my heart. "You must've mistaken me for someone who gives a shit."

     I couldn't help but chuckle at the memory. "God, I really did not like you then." I say with a smile as he looks me in the eyes.

     "If someone were to have told me then, that we'd be where we are now together, I would have told them they're crazy." He chuckles. "You were my biggest challenge. You stood up to me when no one ever had the balls to, and you knocked me on my ass with one solid punch." He smiles and steps toward me, grabbing my hips and pulling me closer to him. "You gave me a challenge, and while everyone thought I was going to kill you, it wasn't true. I was shocked at how someone so small had so much power. I wanted to know your secret. I wanted to know how you had so much  strength in your soul. A raging fire in your heart.

     "You've put a fire in me." He says nodding and stepping closer. "A fire that burns bright when I'm with you, and it only lights up for you. You've showed me what strength is. You've showed me what love is. Thank you for that." I smirk.

     "Well, some one needed to teach you." He smiles putting his hand to my cheek and I thought he was going to kiss me, but instead he grabs my wrist and spins me around which shocks me a little as he starts dragging me back to his bike.

     "Come on. There's more places I need to take you in a little time." He says and I narrow my eyes.

     "What?" I ask wearily as he gets on his bike and starts it up. "Dallas, where are you-" He points to his ears signaling he can't hear me before I roll my eyes and reluctantly get on behind him. Why is he being so freaking strange? Dallas takes off as I grip him tightly from the speed he was going and close my eyes against the wind. I had to trust him with whatever he was doing. With where ever he was taking me. It takes a few minutes to get there, but when we do, I get off and look up seeing the boxing place and I stop. Not moving closer. I had so many memories here. Good and bad.

     "It's okay." Dallas says taking my hand in his as I nod and he then pulls me a little closer motioning to an alleyway. "Remember this place?" He asks.

     "I have a lot of memories here. You're gonna have to be more specific." I say a little quietly as I stare at the building, not able to look away.

    "Hey," Dallas says putting his hand on my cheek and stepping in my view. "This is the place that brought you and I closer. It was my first step to protecting you. This is where you saw me and Rocco. Do you remember?" He asks and I let my eyes travel to the alleyway remembering that day. I was angry from what happened at school and I was taking it out on my punching bag. Then Dane made me go out side to take a break. I didn't see them at first, but when I did I knew I was in trouble...

"Take a break Ryder." He says as I breathe heavily. I push off the bag yanking my gloves off before going outside into the cool air. I go a few feet from the door before leaning back against the wall. I did need a break, I know I did. I hear the sound of punching and I roll my eyes. I didn't think the sound from inside would be that loud.

It really sounds like it's right around this building... I shake the thought away and lean my head back closing my eyes. What is going on with me? Why can't I stay out of trouble? I hear wind blowing and I open my eyes to see the door didn't close. Great. I go to it and kick it shut which made a loud bang echo through the air. At least I don't hear the fighting noises anymore. I bring my fist back to punch the door as hard as I could, but I slowed it down shaking my head and hit it lightly.

"Damnit." I say under my breath pushing off the door and sitting down on my bike. The door opens and I see Roscoe come out, spotting me and coming to me. I look down.

"Have you calmed down?" He asks raising an eyebrow. I nod. "Are you ready to tell me what's going on?"

"It's just." I sigh. "I don't know how much longer I can-" I look up to the right of the building and my eyes meet Hazel ones. There were three others with him one being Rocco and the other two I don't know. My eyes travel down to see a man on the floor not moving, a gun pointed at his head. The gun was being held by Hazel. So, he is a killer.

"Ry?" Roscoe says curiously and he starts to look over his shoulder but I quickly grab his face and press my lips to his.

     I nod remembering and I step away, slightly looking down. "I remember. It's where I kissed him for the first time. So he wouldn't see. I knew I was in trouble, but I didn't want him getting in trouble as well." I take a deep breath and start taking another step back, but Dallas keeps a grip on my hand and doesn't let go. He pulls me a little closer to him and puts his hand to my cheek again making me look at him.

     "I know." He says nodding as he massages my cheek with his thumb. "A lot of things have happened here, haven't they?" I nod my head, letting my eyes stare into his. "You know what happened to me here?" I shake my head. "When your eyes met mine that day, and you saw me holding the gun, I knew I couldn't let anything happen to you. To me, you were innocent. You were special. There was something about you that intrigued me. I wanted to keep you safe, keep you alive. I knew you'd be in trouble so I made my boys keep an eye on you. So I kept an eye on you as well.

     "I knew there was something special about you. I didn't even know you then, but the urge to protect you and keep you safe was all I felt." He says. "It's an urge that has grown inside me even now, but I know you can take care of yourself. I always have, I was just worried one day something would happen. I didn't want you to get too cocky." He smirks and I give a soft smile. "But you showed me when you're knocked down, you always get back up. Everyday you showed me how strong you were. Everyday you still do." He says nodding. "Alright, now we gotta go somewhere else."

     I let out a sigh as he gets on his bike again and I sit down behind him, resting my head on his back and wrapping my arms around his waist as he takes off. He didn't go far though because within a few moments he stops his bike and I get off as he drags me over to the wall of a burnt down building. I narrow my eyes, confused as to why he would bring me to a burnt down building. I wondered what happened here. "Remember this place?" He says and I tilt my head as he faces me and I narrow my eyes, staring at the building in confusion. Then it hits me and my eyes widen.

     "The gang-house?" I ask and he nods as I step froward looking around. "I remember the explosion. I almost forgot about this place." Dallas nods stepping next to me.

     "I will never forget this place." He says and I let my eyes go to his. "This was the first place I kissed you." He smiles remembering the memory as I think back to it as well...

"Stay away from her." Dallas growls stepping forward. "If I see you with her again, I'll kill you myself." Dallas walks past me dragging me with him behind him, and I just look down at my shoes, letting him drag me. What was I supposed to do? Fight him? What if I'm tired of fighting him? He drags me to the front door and then drags me outside. He continues dragging me down the sidewalk, not talking, not looking at me. What do I say? Can I say anything?

"I'm sor-" He stops walking and faces me abruptly making me stop talking immediately. I can't tell if he's mad or not. Is he mad? Why would he be mad?

"Is it impossible for you to stay out of trouble?" He asks. He's mad. He's definitely mad.

"I wasn't in any trouble."

"You weren't in any trouble?" He asks. "Then what was that back there?"

"I don't know." I say. "But I was handling it. You didn't have to do anything."

"The only reason my gang isn't coming after you, is because they know your mine." He growls stepping forward. I take in a deep breath. Now, I was getting angry.

"I am not yours." I growl stepping forward giving him my own glare.

"You are." He growls. "My gang with come after you otherwise."

"I don't care." I growl back. "I won't say I'm yours when I'm not yours."

"You are-"

"I'm not!" I almost shout stepping forward again. "I'm not yours. I will never be yours. I'll never say I'm yours. And there's nothing you can do about-" suddenly his lips were pressed against mine as I froze in my place, frozen by shock. His hands come up and hold both sides of my face. As unconsciously I tilted my head and my hands were suddenly around his neck. I was kissing him back. His lips were soft and smooth, and his touch was giving me so much warmth.

I nod. "I remember that." I say nodding again as I look around. "You told me I was yours and I disagreed. Back then, I would have went to Hell rather than admit it was true." I chuckle making him smile as well.

"That I believe." He says stepping forward. "I was fighting my feeling for you for so long, but here, when my lips first touched yours, for the first time in a long time, my mind stopped arguing with itself and I knew my feelings for you were real. I loved you then, just like I do now, but now I love you more than ever." He says nodding with a small smile on his face. "It was here in this place, when I first kissed you that I knew I couldn't fight my feelings for you anymore, and when you kissed me back," His smile widens bringing a small smile to my face. "It was one of the best days of my life.

"And so I came up with ways to keep doing it, because I was too sacred to admit my feelings for you. So I came up with that game." I nod looking down and remembering. It was when he traced the name on my skin and he wanted to know who it was. I didn't want to tell him, so he came up with the game. If he asked a question and I didn't want to answer I had to kiss him for ten seconds. I thought he was just being cruel, I didn't know he actually liked me then. I thought he was just being a dick and in a way, he was. But I was happy if he didn't want to answer one of my questions I got to punch him.

That was enough revenge for me. "I knew I was going to ask you questions you didn't want to answer then, so I made it to where you had to kiss me. It was because I already loved you then, I just didn't how you'd react if I told you." I nod again remembering those days before looking up again, into his eyes.

"What's going on, Dallas? Why are we going down memory lane?"

"Is it so bad to remember?" He asks before he smiles and holds out his hand. "Come on, we have one last place to go to. It's a little further." I take a deep breath and nod, taking his hand letting him pull me over to the bike as he gets on and I get on behind him. I wrap my arms around him and lay my head on his back, closing my head as he drives off. I wondered where this 'last place to go' would be. I wondered why he was doing this. He drives to a forest entrance as I get off and he takes my hand and starts leading me through the forest.

     "Dallas, what are we doing here?" I ask wearily as I hear thunder and I let go of Dallas' hand and look up. A smile breaks out on my face as it starts raining and I hold out my hand as water begins running down my skin, soaking my hair, my clothes. God, I loved the rain. I chuckle as Dallas takes my hand in his pulling me to him and in seconds his lips were pressed against mine, making me smile more. The rain falling down on us didn't bother either of us as he continues to kiss me and I keep kissing him back. But then he pulls back his with hand on my cheek as I look up into his eyes, seeing a smile on his face.

     "Come on." He says softly before backing away and dragging me with him. His smile widens as he turns and starts running, me running with him until we get to the edge of a waterfall, both of us stopping as I look down and tilt my head.

     "I've been here before." I say slowly before looking into his eyes and mine narrow as my head tilts to the side. "Trust activities, right?" He nods with a smile.

     "Right." He says letting go of my hand as I look down again hearing him shuffle, but looking to the bottom, a small smile forms on my face as I remember that day. It didn't end good, but it wasn't the worst day in the world...

    "Dallas." I say punching his shoulder, not gently either. "Dallas this isn't funny and if you think I'm gonna... do whatever you expect me to do, give it up because I don't care that much about you." Dallas still doesn't move. Is he breathing? His chest doesn't look like he's breathing. It's not like I know anything, what the hell am I supposed to do? "I swear to God Dallas Reynold Smith, if this is a joke-" I stop my sentence shaking my head. How could this be a joke?

     "Do not speak a word of this." I mutter more to God than anyone else before I start leaning down toward his lips. Wait. I stop a few inches away, breathing on his face. There's an easier way to solve this. I lean back before punching him as hard as I can in the gut and he gasps sitting up and sucking in a sharp breath.

     "What the hell?" He wheezes holding his stomach. I sigh with relief closing my eyes. Why am I so relieved?

     "You looked dead." I say.

     "So, you punch me?" He asks and I open my eyes to find him already looking at me.

     "What else was I supposed to do?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows.

     "Nothing." He shakes his head looking away toward the water. Why did he seem so annoyed. Suddenly my expression goes blank and my eye twitches.

     "You were faking." I state as he shrugs.

     "I told you we were going to do trust exercises." He says.

     "So you pretended to drown?" I ask angrily as he just shrugs again. "You are unbelievable." I scoff starting to stand, but a shooting pain goes up my leg making me fall back down. I forgot about that. How could I forget about it? "God Dam-"

     "What happened?" He asks coming to me. I shake my head looking down at my leg for the first time. There was a semi- large fish hook stuck in my leg with a long scratch from my ankle to my calve.

     "Getting you happened." I say staring down at all the blood.

     "Dammit Rex why didn't you say anything?" He shouts at me before gently touching around my hurt leg.

     "I had something else to worry about other than my leg." I say looking down in shame for some reason. Why did I feel ashamed?

     "You should've told me!" He shouts angrily and my head snaps up.

     "You're yelling at me?" I shout. "You were pretending to be dead! What was I suppose to tell your dead body 'oh hey I'm bleeding. I have a fish hook in my leg'." I scoff shaking my head and rolling my eyes.

     "You should've said something!" He shouts making me flinch. I keep my mouth shut looking down. "Dammit!" He shouts again as he yanks off his shirt making me struggle to keep my eyes on my leg. My eyes travel over to him taking him all in. His tan, smooth, warm skin, his flat chest, his strong, firm six-pack. The muscles in his arms flexed as they reach out toward my leg. How often does he work out? The hook in my leg moves as I hiss in pain and look down.

     Dallas was slowly sliding it out. "A little warning would've been nice." I growl out as he focuses on sliding it out.

     "I did warn you." He says as he finally gets the hook out and tosses it away. "You just weren't listening." He gently raises my leg, putting his shirt under it and wrapping it around my leg before tying it. He was so close to me, why was my heart speeding up? Why were my thoughts suddenly going away? His hands remained on my leg giving me tingling feelings and warmth as my eyes roam over his chest and abs again. Why did my throat feel like it was closing up?

     My eyes go up to his face as I study the stubble along his chin and jawline. To be honest, it made him look hotter, tougher. I studied his sharp jawline, his soft lips, his small nose. He was so focused on my leg, but why was he still- his eyes flick to mine and my thoughts go away again. My eyes getting lost in his hazel ones. Ryder, you need to look away. But I can't. He starts leaning forward, toward me. Ryder, look away. But his eyes, and him, he was getting closer and closer as my breathing seemed to stop.

     Ryder! Get a grip! Look away! Right. I fake a hiss in pain and lean forward grabbing my leg, looking down at it.

That day wasn't so bad. I nod still smiling before I step back. "This is where you pretended to die." I chuckle still staring down. "You wanted to see what I'd do if you drowned. I pretended not to be, but I was scared. I didn't know what to do, I thought you were actually gone. And I was about to do mouth to mouth-" I chuckle. "But just in case you were faking, I didn't want you to win, so I punched you in the stomach. It worked didn't it?" I chuckle again. "God, that feels like so long ago. You got mad cause I didn't tell you I was hurt from 'saving you' then you took me to the hospital." I sigh, nodding and starting to turn around.

     "That day did make me trust you more." I say hesitating. "When I thought you were dead, I was worried. That day was the day I knew I loved you." I nod smiling. "So why did you-" I turn around to see he wasn't standing before me anymore, and my eyes go down to see him on one knee, with a small smile on his face as a tiny black box in his hand. The smile fades from my face as I step back almost falling back as his face goes serious and I step forward, regaining my balance. "Hey, it was your idea to bring me up here, if I fall, that's on you. Should've been prepared for this."

     Suddenly he starts chuckling before holding out his hand and I wearily take it as he pulls me away from the edge and toward him. "You're not falling off this cliff." He says with a smile as he shakes his head.

     "If you say so." I smirk as he hesitates and my smirk grows.

     "Ryder," He sighs shaking his head. "I know I can't control what you do, but this past year with you has been one of the best years of my life. And now that you're carrying my child-"

     "Our child." I say and he sighs.

     "You're not gonna make this easy on me are you?" He asks as I give a smile and he chuckles. "That's alright." He shrugs. "Because no matter what you do, you'll always be my girl, and I'll always love you." My smile fades into a smaller one, a truly happy one as he opens the small box revealing a ring. "So I just have one more question to ask." He says with a small smile as he pulls out the ring and holds it up. "Will you marry-" I take the ring from his hand cutting him off and hold it up to my eyes as if I was studying it as he narrows his eyes. I smirk before sliding the ring onto my ring finger and pull him to his feet, holding out my hand.

     What can I say? I'm impatient. "Looks good doesn't it?" I ask looking to him as he continues staring at me. "Yes," I say nodding my head as a smile forms on his face. "Yes, Dallas Smith, I'll marry you." I say nodding as he pulls me to him kissing me again and I hear footsteps bringing me on alert as I push away and look around. Surrounding us now were Wesley, Selene, Sam, Felix, Alex, Aiden, Leon, Eddie, Rocco, and Archer. I sigh in relief, scared it was someone else, something else before I look to Dallas. "This is embarrassing, now they know my secret, I have to show my dominate side." I say letting go of his hand as I smirk. "I'm gonna jump." I nod.

      His face goes serious as he steps toward me. "Ryder," He warns as my smirk grows.

     "See you at the bottom." I wink. "I know you'll follow." I run before he could do anything else, jumping off the edge. What could I say, I was still going to love and marry Dallas. That didn't mean I couldn't have fun with it. A smile forms on my face as I hear cheers from above, and then I go under water.

——————————————
Did Dallas take her to all of those places for a reason? To show her how much he loved her and how he felt each time at each place? How his love grew for her day by day? How is the married life going to be for Ryder? Will she always give Dallas a hard time? Or will she calm down and let him keep up the pace with her? Will everyone be invited to the wedding? Will everyone be able to come yet again to reunite? When will the wedding be? How far along in the future?
10-02-20

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

688K 20.1K 56
"I always thought that the first time I'd be on my knees I'd be praying..." I held my breath lowering myself to my knees in front of him, "Then worsh...
479K 13.3K 56
"I don't want to eat." His eyes narrow a fraction of an inch, but at this point I don't even care if I piss off the great Cavallaro. Last night was...
128K 2.4K 32
Raven Scarlett Delilah, a dangerous 14-year-old orphan girl. On the outside, she may seem innocent and sweet but on the inside, she is strong, fierce...
37.7K 1K 47
Sergio Agosta was a killer who hid behind a charming smile - but a killer nonetheless. He'd learnt the hard way that actions always had consequences...