Clarity ~ m.c.

By kat_5sosAussies

After losing her mom to the war in Afghanistan Lauren thought it was the hardest thing she would have to go t... More

Clarity
•Chapter 1•
•Chapter 2•
•Chapter 3•
•Chapter 4•
•Chapter 5•
•Chapter 6•
•Chapter 7•
•Chapter 8•
•Chapter 9•
•Chapter 10•
•Chapter 11•
•Chapter 12•
•Chapter 13•
•Chapter 14•
•Chapter 15•
•Chapter 16•
•Chapter 17•
•Chapter 18•
•Chapter 19•
•Chapter 20•
•Chapter 21•
•Chapter 22•
•Chapter 23•
•Chapter 24•
•Chapter 25•
•Chapter 26•
•Chapter 27•
•Chapter 29•
•Chapter 30•
•Chapter 31•
•Chapter 32•
•Chapter 33•
•Chapter 34•
•Chaper 35•
•Chapter 36•
•Chapter 37•
•Chapter 38•
•Chapter 39•
•Chapter 40•
•Chapter 41•
•Chapter 42•
•Chapter 43•
•Chapter 44•
***Autor's Note***
•Chapter 45•
•Chapter 46•
•Chapter 47•
•Chapter 48•
•Chapter 49•
•Chapter 50•
Author's Note

•Chapter 28•

118 4 0
By kat_5sosAussies

Playlist:

Ready to Run- One Direction

Something Big- Shawn Mendes

I'm an Albatraoz- AronChupa (this song doesn't really go but I really wanted to use it.)

***Lauren's POV***

"Lauren are you ready?" my aunt called for me from the bottom of the stairs.

"Yeah hold on." I yelled back putting on my heels.

Today was my inauguration ceremony, where I'll be sworn in as an Australian citizen. It's been a good month and a half since I took my citizenship test because apparently according to the workers at the citizenship agency a few weeks mean a month and a half. I was so excited for today and the next few days to come not only because I was becoming an Australian citizen today, but in 5 days I'll be trying out for the Australian Gymnastics team and in 3 days Michael and the boys are coming home!

I stood in the mirror admiring my outfit. I was wearing more of a casual dress, or at least it looked like a dress it was more like skirt and top. The top was white that crossed across my torso and exposed a small triangle portion of my stomach and showed off my chest. Then the bottom was a royal blue high low sheer skirt with a gold metal belt and black high heels. My hair was down and curled, very simple and I wore chain earrings, and very simple gold eye shadow and black eye liner with lip gloss; I never wear that much make up so it was just enough.

I totally would never wear all this because I've never been that type of girl to ever wear this stuff. I just never felt comfortable wearing dresses or skirts or just nice clothing in general because I was either in leotards or practice cloths. Plus we didn't have a lot of money for me to go out shopping and buy nice cloths, which I honestly didn't mind. But I must admit, wearing these cloths I felt beautiful wearing it and I have never felt that way before. This was an important day in my life and I was going to dress properly for it.

Suddenly there was a knock on my door and I said it was okay to come in.

"Oh Lauren you look so beautiful." Aunt Sue said in awe as she opened my bedroom door.

"Thanks." I blushed.

"I have a surprise for you." My aunt said as we both sat down on the edge of my bed and she handed me a small box wrapped in wrapping paper. Unwrapping it and opening the box there was a silver necklace with a small silver anchor hanging off of the chain. It was beautiful, simple but meaningful.

"I love it." I commented pulling it out of the box and gestured her to help me put it on.

"They say that the anchor represents stability, hope and peace. The anchor allows us to keep a clear mind and stay strong and steady against the elements and the troubles in life. It is an emblem of good luck and people wear them for courage, safety and peace of mind." She explained to me while putting it on. "Even though you don't wear a lot of jewelry, I thought this would be good for you to have to remind yourself to stay strong and hopeful no matter what is thrown your way."

"I love it thank you." I said giving her a hug.

"I am so proud of you Lauren." She whispered in my ear. "You have done and accomplished so much since you've been here. You're determined and dedicated and I'm sorry for ever doubting you about anything." She told me and I could hear her trying to hold back tears in her voice.

"It's okay." I reassured her.

"No it's not." She said pulling away and whipped a tear away. "I got caught up in trying to give you a better life than what you had that I didn't fully realize the talent you have for gymnastics. I should have been encouraging you and building you up like your mom, but instead I tore you down and I'm sorry."

"Aunt Sue its okay, I forgive you." I told her and she pulled me back in for another hug.

"I know I may not be your mom, but I love you Lauren please don't ever forget that." She whispered in my ear again.

"I love you too."

***

"Please stand, raise your right hand and repeat after me." The director of citizenship directed to all the candidates and we did what we were told. He started stating lines that we re-sighted back.

Standing among the other participants, I could feel eyes on me from the people I invited. Emily and Andrew sat on one side of me while my aunt and uncle sat on the other and I invited Geordie to come too. I wanted to invite the guys families but my uncle said that they could come to the party we were having after. I wish Michael and the guys were here.

As I resisted the lines, I looked over at my family and friends, glancing over at Geordie she was holding up her phone like she was recording it just like what my aunt was doing with her phone, however, as soon as I tuned towards her she flipped her phone around so I was looking at her screen and on her screen Michael and the guys were there; she was FaceTiming them.

Michael started waving and I smile grew on my face, but I couldn't stop resisting the lines so I just turned back so I was facing forward, but looked back over a few times to make sure Geordie was still FaceTiming them.

"Congratulations you are all now Australian citizens!" the director told us as soon as we finished and everyone in the room started clapping and cheering. Aunt Sue was the first person I hugged and she congratulated me, then it was Uncle Tom,

"I told you, you could do it." he told me.

"Thanks." I smiled. I then turned to my brother and sister giving them hugs as well. Then it was Geordie's turn, she gave me a big hug and handed me her phone so I could talk to Michael.

"Hey Babe!" he greeted me excitedly and the rest of them screamed hello in the background.

"How does it feel to be an Australian citizen?" Mikey asked me.

"The same as not being one." I laughed. "Nah it feels good. It's like 10 times better now that I can actually tryout."

"You're going to make the team for sure!" Luke said like it wasn't even a question.

"Thanks." I smiled. "You guys being there is going to make the experience so much better!"

"Yeah listen Lauren about us coming home." Michael started to say,

"I can't wait for you guys to come home!" I confessed.

"Um but we're-" Calum started to say but then screamed in pain.

"Um, is everything okay?" I asked concerned to what just happened.

"Why did you do that!" Calum screamed.

"Yeah everything is fine." Michael tried to reassure me.

"But it looks like you just elbowed Calum." I asked.

"Yeah well because before he ate my sandwich and this was my revenge." He laughed.

"What n-" Calum tried to talk again but Michael cut him off.

"Anyway Lauren, we have to push back when we're coming home." Michael admitted.

"What why?" I asked shocked.

"It's only for a few days." Michael told me sounding a bit anxious.

"Oh okay." I said.

"Look we have to go it's getting late here."

"Oh yeah I forgot about the time difference!"

"Congratulations again I'm really proud of you!" Michael told me and the guys said good bye too.

"I love you." he told me.

"Love you too." I responded and with that the video chat ended.

***Michael's POV***

"Why didn't you tell her we weren't coming back home!" Luke shouted at me as I ended the video chat.

"Yeah and why did you elbow me?" Calum cried recovering from my punch to his stomach.

"I was going too but she started talking about how excited she was and then you were going to ruin it! I panicked!"

"Michael the tour starts the 23rd!" Ashton yelled at me.

"That's in 8 days we don't have time to go home, we have to practice as much as possible!" Luke added.

"I know I messed up!" I yelled back.

"How do you expect her to react when we don't show up at her tryouts or come home?" Luke pointed out.

"I don't know alright! I know I messed up! I'm going to try to fix it!" I yelled, trying to defend myself.

"You better mate because we are not going to be dragged down with you when she finds out." Calum said patting my back and we all walked to our rooms to get some sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 58 38
katie lived a happy life in California until one day something terrible happened and she is forced to move to Australia and live with her cousin will...
33.1K 1.5K 58
It was a fairly simple dare. Get the girl's number, maybe ask her out. No one expected death, betrayal, and heart break. © copyright micahlclifford...
1.8K 15 18
what happens when 14 year old Ashlynn Clifford is sent to live with her older brother since her parents are dead? will she adjust to the rockstar lif...
8.2K 153 16
When a teenager's parents divorce, she moves to Australia with her mother while her twin sister and little brother live with her father, whom she hat...