Great Loss (a hotchniss story)

By lylovescm

Aaron Hotchner gets some news about one of his members, Emily Prentiss. Little did the team know, he develope... More

background
worry (emily's POV)
feelings (hotch's POV)
truth (emily's POV)
plead (hotch's POV)
confess (emily's POV)
regret (hotch's POV)
rush (emily's POV)
gone (hotch's POV)
the letters
new start (emily's POV)
contemplate (hotch's POV)
anger (emily's POV)
secrets (hotch's POV)
aware (emily's POV)
odd (hotch's POV)
baby & death (emily's POV)
grieve (hotch's POV)
suspicions (hotch's POV)
new life (emily's POV)
Athena (narrator's POV)
unveil
encounter
a blast & its aftermath
trapped
too much?
a moment
family
a question
talks
perfect
epilogue

stress (emily's POV)

902 13 5
By lylovescm

It's 6:00am. Elle and I have finished packing but no call from Walker yet. I take a shower to prepare for the flight and I change into some casual clothes knowing it's going to be a long one.

I get out of the bathroom and my phone rings, it's Luke Alvez calling.

"Alvez, why are you calling it's 6:00am? Should you be asleep?" I ask.

"Did you forget that we're going with you? Pregnancy hormones? I'll be there in 15. Walker's letting us use the private jet for the time we're there," he explains. "And have some breakfast ready please."

I scoff and I hang up. I walk downstairs and Elle's cooking breakfast. "Make another one, Luke Alvez wants something too."

She walks to the fridge. "He's picking us up? What a gentleman," she chuckles.

Elle seems like she's in a better mood. I had to literally yank her out of the bed so she can pack.

"So...how are you feeling?" I ask, as she puts a plate of food in front of me. "Thank you."

"I'm feeling much better, and I'm sorry that you had to see me like that," Elle says.

I chuckle. "Don't be sorry. I was going to see you cry anyways. We literally live together and you're my best friend."

Elle sighs. "You know, me and him had an okay relationship. I used to joke around with him, calling him Dad. That day I called him Dad, I got stuck on a train as a hostage but the team got me out. Even Spencer got himself stuck."

I raise my eyebrows to indicate that I'm shocked.

"It's just weird. That he's gone. He doesn't deserve to be murdered after everything he's gone through."

I agreed with her. Gideon wasn't a fan of me before but he got used to me and we were okay.

A knock comes and I trudge to the door. "Took you long enough."

"Hey hey...calm down mama, don't give attitude, I'm your driver. By the way, are your suitcases down here?" he says.

I shake my head and I point upstairs. In 5 minutes, he brought our suitcases down and put them into the car. "You know, I can be your Superman." He winks.

"In your dream Alvez. Go eat your breakfast so we can leave," I demand.

Within 15 minutes, we finish our breakfast and we wash the dishes before leaving. We hop into the car and we drive to Interpol.

As we get out of the car, the crew gets our suitcases, along with Luke's. We head up the stairs and the team's already here. They're all gathered, whispering and looking down at something.

"Hey..." Elle says. I notice them put the thing they were looking at away.

Everyone gets up and hugs Elle, saying their condolences.

We settle in and I look out my window, the sun shining through the clouds.

I sleep for the whole flight, knowing I didn't get any sleep before Luke picked us up.

I suddenly wake up with eyes looking at me. "Finally you're up, I thought you were dead."

The team chuckles and we finally arrive. We head to the hotel. Elle and I share a room, Kate and Alex in another and Walker has his own. Luke and Matt share a room too.

I'm back. Here in Virginia.

"You okay Em? You look hesitant." Elle whispers.

"Why are we whispering?" I whisper back. "And I'm good, it's just that we're back in Virginia, and you know what happened here."

She gasps and jumps on the bed. "I'm sorry Em. I swear we'll back in London after a few days."

I nod and we stay quiet for a few seconds. "Hey...let's go eat with the team and we'll come back to chill for the rest of the day before tomorrow." Elle says. "And I have just the place."

I grab my big fluffy jacket because it's fall and it gets really cold. We gather with the team. Our car being in front, with Luke, Elle, and I in one and the others in a different car.

I didn't realize till we arrived that the place Elle wanted to go to was Sydney's Diner.

It was the place Aaron told me about my offer. And the day we got together.

We enter the diner, me being in the back. I look through the windows to see if I notice anyone from the BAU. Good thing it was just us and two couples.

Elle begins to talk to the waitress and we're seated. She's the exact same waitress who took our order last time I was here. She notices me and her eyes sparkle but then frowns. She seats us in a booth and I aim my eyes at the booth where Hotch and I last were. Before I sit down, I excuse myself to head to the bathroom.

"Elle just order me a lemonade." I call out. She nods.

I fast walk into the bathroom. I take deep breaths before someone walks in. "Excuse me, someone's in here!"

The person walks in even though they heard me loud and clear. It's the waitress. She locks the door and leans on it while I lean on the sink.

"I miss you around here Sweetie," she says.

I scoff. "You barely know me, but I remember you when I was here last time."

"I know, you and that buff man. He came here with someone about a month ago. It looked like they were on a date." The waitress explains. "Overall I haven't seen them since."

Once she said she, I began to tear up. "She?" She nods. "Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I could've sworn you two were together but guess not. I saw the way you looked at him the day you two were here together. You loved him."

I sigh. "We're not together...anymore. I moved to a different country because of him and I'm only here because of a funeral."

"Mhmm....glad to see you!" She unlocks the door and begins to walk out. "Wait, why'd you come in here?"

The waitress comes back in and closes the door. "Just wanted to check on you hon. It's one of the customs to working here. And congratulations, hope you and the father are happy!"

She'd make a good profiler. I tried to not make it too obvious by covering my belly with the big fluffy jacket. I wash my hands and I realize my stomach is so big. Baby girl's growing too fast.

I walk out and I sit down next to Elle, leaving everyone quiet. The waitress comes over and takes our orders.

"So...what are we talking about?" I ask.

Everyone glances at each other. "Just talking about what we're going to do."

I nod. And we chat, talking about some life stories. "So who's taking care of your dog Luke? And why have I never seen her?"

"She's with one of my neighbors and she can be rough sometimes. I'll wait till you're done with your pregnancy." I nod. "Which by the way...tell us how you feel right now."

Eyes are all on me. "I think I'm doing okay so far, I might be a little stressed because I'm back here." I lower my voice. "You already know the situation."

Ahh's go out. "But when we get back home, it's time to start buying clothes for the baby and all of that mom stuff." I look at the table trying to find the words I want to say. "To be real, I really want to get of here soon because it reminds me so much of my baby's father. We even had lunch at that booth over there." I point.

Elle hugs me from the side. "I appreciate you a lot for coming with me."

"Yeah of course, I knew Gideon too." I say. "And Walker? How'd you find out about his funeral?"

"Um...I talked to Strauss. She doesn't know you're here though," he explains.

I nod. We eat our dinners and we head out, going back to the hotel. We go to sleep early because tomorrow's the funeral.

It's 12:00am. I can't sleep. I begin to breathe heavily. I walk to the bathroom and I close the door. I let my sobs out but to cover the noise, I cover my mouth.

"I can't see Hotch. He's probably happy with that woman the waitress was talking about. God. Why am I upset about this? I left because he said he regrets loving me. I have a new life. But my baby. Our baby. She's not going to be able to meet him. He hurt me."

A knock comes through the door. "Hey...you okay?" Elle walks in. "No you're not. You know what. Don't say anything. I'm ordering ice cream and we'll just talk the whole night."

Elle and I end up talking for a couple hours, ranting about how I feel. Eating pints of ice cream. At 4:00am, Elle's knocked out but I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I look at my belly again. There's a human in there. My human.

I wake up groggily and I get ready. Luke offers to drive us to the cemetery for the funeral and Matt wants to tag along. The rest of the team stays back.

"I'm just going to stay from the outside of the car. If Reid and them are there, they're going to ask questions. And I can't do that," Elle explains.

I look at her with sass. "Really, you're afraid if they ask questions. I have a big belly with a baby girl inside. Stop complaining Elle."

Elle puts her hands up as Luke and Matt laughs at my remark. We drive to the funeral and Elle hesitates from getting out of the car.

"Just go," I say. She nods and she hops out of the car from the left. I look at my right to get a glimpse of who's at the funeral. I see strangers but then I see a dark buff man in a suit. It's Derek Morgan. And right next to him, I see a white woman, her hair all curled up as Morgan's hand is on her waist. It's Penelope Garcia.

"Maybe they're together?"

Next to Penelope, I see JJ and Henry. And I assume the person next to him is Reid. He cut his hair. I look next to him and the person has a little kid in his arms. I get a look at his face and it's Jack. One of my favorite boys. And I know that's Hotch holding him.

I begin to tear up. Luke and Matt looks back. Luke puts his hand on my knee. "You saw him huh?"

I nod. "You see the little boy? That's his son."

"Emily...he's not worth crying over. You left because of him. And just because you have a baby with him doesn't mean he should know or you should tell him. It's your choice to do whatever. But he broke your heart and made you move to London," he explains.

I nod. "Thank you."

All of a sudden the door opens. "Em get out and let me go through. HURRY!"

I do what I'm told and Elle hops in quickly and I get in after. "Alvez drive!"

After 5 minutes of driving, I ask Elle what happened. "I think Reid saw me. He was looking around and we made eye contact but I'm not sure if he thinks it's me because I'm wearing sunglasses." She sighs. "He looks different. They all do."

My stomach starts to hurt a little bit so I wince quietly. We get to the hotel and I decide to take a nap before taking the team around to explore.

It's 2:00pm. I wake up due to some more cramping. Elle's nowhere to be found. I look in the bathroom and she's not in there.

I head to Alex and Kate's room. I knock and there's no answer. I do the same thing with Luke and Matt's room. I walk up to Walker's room and I hear some arguing. I knock quickly on the door. Matt opens the door.

"What are you guys arguing about? I can literally hear you from the end of the hall!" I whisper loudly. "We might get kicked out because of all of you!"

They all disperse from Walker, as he's sitting down at the table. Everyone looks angry except Elle and Kate who look upset. Alex walks over to Kate rubbing her shoulder.

"What's going on, you've all been suspicious?" I ask. Silence occurs. "Tell me what's going on."

"Prentiss, sit down on the bed, you're pregnant," Walker points. "I'll start off."

"We came here for to give you and Elle support. For Jason Gideon's death and his funeral," he sighs. "But that's not the only reason."

I look up and Walker continues. "We have reason to believe that one of the biggest criminals and master minds we're looking for is here in Virginia."

"And while we were at the funeral, the rest of the team was working," Luke explains. "But we haven't found anything yet... except that she's been around the world, selling illegal things and killing people because of it."

"So why was everyone arguing?" I ask.

Kate gets up. "Because...Elle worked with her."

I shoot a look at her and she looks down. "What does Callaghan mean? You worked with her?"

"Remember the phone call? That was her," Elle whispers. "I'm sorry Em."

"But how? How could you do that?" I yell.

Elle stands up. "I had to. She had money. And I needed it. I never had a job. I spent most of my money when I was traveling the world," she sighs. "I don't know how she found me but she offered me money and I took it."

"And once I found about Interpol, I didn't want to work with her. I cut her off." Elle begins to tremble. "And she wanted me to cut ties with you or kill you," she whispers.

I stand up and sit back down. "I trusted you and you had the audacity to keep this from me. The fact that you were going to get rid of me! You said you wanted to be a part of the baby's life!"

Everyone's quiet. "Did you all know?"

"We're sorry, we found out when you arrived," Matt explains.

I gasp. "I can't be here." I begin to walk towards the door and I go towards my hotel room. I hear lots of footsteps behind me.

"Em where are you going?" Elle asks, as we both enter the room.

"I need space Elle. Dammit I trusted you. YOU COULD'VE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS!" I shout.

Elle sits on the bed. "I couldn't, I was but then we found out you were pregnant. I don't even know how she knows you were coming to London."

My stomach begins cramping but I hold it in. "I'll be back to get my stuff, I just can't be here right now." I grab my purse. "Tell Walker I'm taking one of the cars."

"Em, you're pregnant, let someone go with you!" Elle shouts as I walk down the hallway. I ignore her and I rush out of the hotel.

I get into the car and I just sit and sob.

"She was going to get rid of me? Is the only reason why I am here is because of my baby?"

I begin to cramp even more.

"Baby not right now."

I decide to go to Sydney's diner. It begins to rain as I'm driving there. I walk in and the same waitress is at the front. "Back again?"

I nod, and she notices I was crying. "Get a hot cup of tea ready!" the waitress yells out.

She seats me down. "What's up sugar?"

"I just needed...time...to get away from the team," I found out some things," I say.

The waitress smiles. "Well you came to the right place hon. I'll be right back with your tea."

She walks away and I look outside. It's still raining hard. The waitress comes back. "Here, drink up."

I say thank you and she sits with me as we sit in silence. I cry out my tears and she just watches me. She doesn't say anything.

We sit together for 30 minutes as she brings me drinks to keep me warm. My cramps continue and I sit through them. I pull out my wallet to pay. "It's on the house." I nod.

I wanted to get out before they get worse. And I stand up. Blood is on the seats and my pants. My cramps worsen and I grab onto the table. The waitress stands up. "Call the medics and HURRY!"

I begin to feel lightheaded and I stumble. The waitress catches me and lays me on the floor.

Every movement hurts. I whisper to keep my energy. "Get my phone and call Elle Greenaway."

She nods and I move around to see her face. Someone from the kitchen and tells her that the medics are coming.

I'm on the verge of passing out. I say one last thing.

"Save my baby."

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
Author's Note:
okay i know i was supposed to update this on sunday but i was really stressing out about school.
i kind of had fun writing this chapter, i hope u guys like it. next part might come out tomorrow or wednesday!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 81 15
Emily Prentiss joins the bau, and immediately takes notice of a certain blonde woman. The secret that Emilys hiding from the team could either bring...
33K 482 29
It's took years for her to see that the situation she was in was abuse, mentally and physically. Y/n Marie, once a lawyer with the BAU, is strugglin...
18.8K 276 21
Aaron and Emily's friendship has grown since she was attacked by Ian Doyle and Haley's death, they do everything together so how will it impact their...
5.5K 92 17
After Penelope chooses to leave the BAU, Emily and JJ get closer. JJ is still facing the consequences of confessing her love to Spencer but no one k...