His Broken Mate

By _nyctophile_

***TRIGGER WARNING: this book contains an actual SERIOUS and ACCURATE picture of mental illness and many othe... More

Plot
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
where have you been?
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Seven

81.8K 2.3K 926
By _nyctophile_

Picture of AnnaSophia Robb as Carter to the side.

Song is Explosions by Ellie Goulding

-Unedited

Carter Kelly's P.O.V

Do you know what the hardest thing anyone anyone has to do in their entire life? Getting out of bed in the morning. It's like, the blankets have accepted me as one of their own and if I make any sudden movements they'll reject me and things will never be the same.

Well now I have Ellie Goulding stuck in my head...

I reluctantly got out of bed this morning, got ready, put on one of Tyler's black long sleeve Nike shirts and a pair of light grey leggings, slipped my slippers on and threw my hair up into a messy bun on the top of my head.

I lazily walk down the hallway and into the kitchen, rubbing my eyes as I yawn. Ugh, mornings. After getting a small carton of strawberry yogurt from the fridge and a banana from a bowl on the counter, I turn to face the living room to see Tyler standing with Landon and an unfamiliar guy.

"Uh..."I feel my cheeks heat up. I'm not wearing any makeup, I'm Tyler's shirt, and my hair looks awful.

"Good morning, beautiful."Tyler smiles. Landon smirks and shakes his head before patting him on the back and walking down the hall, but waves at me before he leaves.

"Carter, this is Liam, the best fighter in our pack."Tyler introduces me to him. "Liam, this is my little Luna."

"Hi."I squeak out and awkwardly attempt to wave but my hands are full.

"Nice to finally meet you properly, Luna."Liam respectfully bows his head. "I'm glad you're feeling better, Luna."

"Thank you but uh, my name's not-"I shake my head when I remind myself that it's my 'title' I guess you could call it. "Oh, right, you don't have to call me that. My name's Carter."

"I know, Luna."Liam says. I huff in defeat as I lean over the counter and open up my yogurt.

"You're dismissed, Liam."Tyler nods at him. Liam bows his head at both of us before leaving the room.

Tyler turns back towards me and walks towards me, smiling. He leans down and kisses the top of head and mumbles, "Good girl."

"What did I do?"I ask as I look up at him. He simply smiles widely, showing me his dimples, and kisses my nose.

"You got your breakfast on your own."Tyler says, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"Oh, yeah."I stand up straight again. "I did."

"Yeah you did."Tyler laughs, cupping my cheeks with his hands. I feel tense at all the sudden physical contact but don't flinch away. I know he won't hurt me. I just have to get that through my head. "You're getting better, baby girl."

I give him a small smile and nod, "I'm trying."

"That's my girl."Tyler leans down and leaves a lingering kiss on my forehead. I swear, every time he calls me 'good girl' or 'my girl' I get these heart stopping butterflies. He pulls back and looks down at me, his gaze holding mine. "Do you hate me?"

"No, Tyler."I laugh as I shake my head, placing my hand on his wrist. "I don't hate you and I won't hate you."

"But I-"

"Tyler, I don't hate you."I tell him, taking one step towards him. "Stop worrying about that and being paranoid that I'm going to change my mind suddenly."

My heart sinks as I realize his possible intentions, maybe he wants me to hate him, maybe he's the one who changed his mind... He doesn't want me.

"You don't want me."My voice came out so quiet that I could barely hear it myself. My eyes flicker up to his but fall back down to the floor.

"What the hell are you talking about?"Tyler takes my chin in his hand and tips it up so I'm forced to look at him. "Carter, you know I want you, sweetheart. Because I do, I want you so damn badly."

"Then why do you keep thinking I hate you?"I ask him.

"Because that night, I have never seen you so terrified, so scared and I've seen you at your worst."Tyler leans down and presses his forehead to mine. "Carter, I care so much about you and if you ever hated me, life wouldn't be worth living."

Tyler wraps his arms around my waist and holds me close to his chest, his forehead still resting against mine. I slowly fold my hands at the back of his neck.

"I can't hate you."I shake my head.

"I don't want anyone but you."Tyler tells me. I give him a relieved smile that he returns.

"Carter?"He whispers, I hum in response. "I want to kiss you."

I stare up at him, wide eyed and my entire body is tensed. He wants to kiss me. How do I respond to this?

Do I like Tyler? Yes. Do I see a future with him? Yes, considering he would probably go on a rampage if I were with anyone else and I was wearing his mark. Do I want to kiss him? I don't know... Is this moving to fast?

"I..."My voice comes out as a barely audible whisper. I clear my throat and lick my lips before I attempt again. "I've never..."I look down at my feet due to my embarrassment.

"You've never been kissed before?"Tyler whispers, bringing his hand to cup my cheek and tipping it up so I have to look at him. I shake my head slightly as our gazes lock. "So I'll be your first everything."

He says this more to himself than to me, I give him a timid nod. Maybe he wants someone more experienced...

My thoughts are interrupted by Tyler laughing lightly. I look up at him confusingly but he lifts me into the air and spins is around. A couple laughs of my own escape from me. When he finally stops, our faces are only inches apart. He's smiling widely, showing his dimples.

"I'm so happy to hear that."Tyler kisses my nose. "I'm your first and your only. No one else has ever or will ever touch you but me. That's the most amazing thing I have ever been told in my entire life."

"Really?"I ask. If we're being honest, I'm glad he's okay with the fact I'm so unexperienced.

"Carter, baby, you're all mine."Tyler smiles. "I have never been so happy in my entire life."

"Thank you."I say before burying my head in the crook of his neck and wrapping my legs around his waist. Tears escape my eyes and I try not to sniffle.

"For what, little one?"Tyler says gently, leaving one hand on the small of my back and the other travels up the the back of my head and entangles in my hair. "Shhh, baby girl. Why are you crying my lovely?"

"I thought you weren't going to want me because I won't know what I'm doing."I say quietly into his shirt.

"No, no, no..."Tyler shakes his head carefully. "Carter, I'm so glad you won't know what you're doing, that means I'm the only one you've ever been with. You're all mine, Carter Kelly. You're completely and utterly mine."

I slowly peek up at him from his shoulder, he's looks down at me with a comforting smile.

"I have an idea, princess."Tyler says quietly. "I want to take you out on a date, a proper one."

"A date?"I sniffle one last time and lift my head off his chest so we're face to face.

"Yes, a date. I'll pick you up at eight."Tyler leans down and kisses my forehead. "I have to go-"

"No."I whisper, pressing my lips in a thin line.

"Carter...I have to go, sweetheart. I'll be back soon and your sister is coming up."Tyler rests his forehead against mine.

"I don't want you to go."I tell him.

"Baby..."Tyler traces a finger down the side of my face. His eyes flicker to mine before he sighs and looks down. "Okay, but I'll have to do some work today."

"I know."I nod with a small smile on my face. I burry my head in his chest again, breathing in his scent.

"You're so cute, my little one."Tyler chuckles lightly, moving both his hands back to my waist and squeezes it slightly, causing my to squeal and giggle uncontrollably. When I look up at him, he's looking down at me with such a loving look in his eye that it almost stops my heart. "And you're ticklish?"

"Shut up..."I shake my head and look down to catch my breath but he squeezes my waist again and again. "Tyler!"

"What?"Tyler looks down at me with an innocent look on his face as he continues to unmercifully squeeze my waist.

"St-op!"I stutter out between laughs. Tears cloud my vision and my sides begin to ache. "P-please!"

"Stop what, my love?"Tyler asks as if he's not torturing me as we speak.

"I c-can't take it a-anymore!"I breathe out. I'm wriggling and thrashing but it's not doing anything against Tyler's hold on me. "I'll d-do anything!"

"Anything?"Tyler raises an eyebrow at me.

"Yes! Please j-just stop!"I gasp for air as tears start to roll down my cheeks.

Tyler finally stops and let's me catch my breath while he wipes away the tears. He's starring down at me with a grin on his face.

"You're so beautiful."He whispers.

"I just had a laugh attack, my eyes are puffy, my hair is probably a mess, and I can't decide what's worse - the face that I'm not wearing makeup or that if I was it would be completely smeared."I shake my head and look down.

"Exactly..."Tyler cups my cheek with his hand. "Every God damn thing you do makes you more beautiful in my eyes."

His lips press to my forehead, lingering there for a few moments as he holds me close to him, I take a relaxed deep breath, and we stand here in a comfortable silence.

"How about we go out for breakfast, darling?"Tyler asks me, looking down at me in the eyes.

"Okay, just let me change-"

"Why would you change, baby? You look perfect."Tyler looks down at me questioningly. "Just put on a scarf, it's cold out today."

I sigh a nod my head as he sets me down. I quickly scurry off to my room to at least put some cover up and mascara on before I wrap a mint green infinity scarf around my neck and pull on my Uggs.

Then I make my way back out to the hall way and into the entry way to see Tyler waiting there for me. He put on a jacket and was holding a white jacket in his hands for me.

"You don't to put it on now, lovely. I'm just putting this one in my car just in case."Tyler says, reaching his hand out for me to take. I nod and slowly place my hand in his.

We walk out to the car and drive into town which is only a few minuets away. Tyler pulls into a parking lot of a cute, small cafe that Sam and I would stop by after school on Fridays and he would buy me a milk shake.

A small smile creeps on my face of the memories of shoving whip cream in his face and drinking his when he wasn't looking.

God, I miss him.

Tyler leans over to my seat and kisses my cheek once we're parked. He smiles down at me, putting his other hand on top of our already already intertwined hands.

"What was that for?"I ask him, turning towards him.

"Just because."Tyler shrugs with a grin on his face. "Come on, little one."

"Okay."I say quietly, turning toward my door as I unbuckle my seat belt and quickly open it. My motive? To hide my blush.

"Hey! Where are you going?"I hear Tyler laugh as I step out into the Autumn fresh air. I giggle before closing my door and scurrying across the parking lot.

"Carter!"Tyler calls out for me as I hear a car door slam and a car lock. I turn back to make sure he's not angry at me, but when I see the amused smirk on his face I know he's just playing along with me. "Come back here!"

I giggle again, running a little faster now. I cross the street carefully, looking both ways don't worry. I turn around again to see Tyler on the other side of the road. Before he can cross, a truck drives between us.

I turn quickly and run down the side walk along the building of the cafe before Tyler can see me again. I open the door to the cafe and pause in the waiting room to catch my breath as I wait for him.

It seems like he's taking too long, so I go over to a window and stand on my tippy toes to see out of it. But I trip over the bench next to me and as I brace for impact, two arms wrap around me to save me from the pain and embarrassment of falling on my butt in public.

When I open my eyes, I see a somewhat familiar man looking down at me. His brown hair is slightly falling into dark brown eyes.

"That was a close one, Luna."The man says, helping me back up onto my feet. "Are you alright?"

"Y-yeah-"I nod, stopping myself from speaking anymore. The fact that his hands are still on my waist is making me uncomfortable so I take a small step away from him. "I'm fine."

"You didn't hurt anything?"He asks almost the exact same question, not exactly taking the hint that I want him to stop touching me.

"No, you caught me before I did."I say in a quiet voice, looking down at my feet and try to step away from him again but his hands don't move. "C-could you let-"

A growl interrupts me from speaking anymore and for the first time in my entire life, I'm somewhat relieved to hear it. I turn my head in the direction of the noise and see Tyler walking towards us.

Tyler takes my hand and tugs forcefully enough to free me from the man but doesn't hurt me. Tyler moves his arm to wrap around my waist and pulls me into his side in a possessive manner.

"Is there a reason you needed to touch my mate?"Tyler grits through his teeth. I've seen him like this before and I know I don't like it. I squeeze his hand and his head snaps down to meet my gaze, his expression softens.

"I-I tripped."I tell him in a soft voice.

"I'm sorry, Alpha."The man's voice causes Tyler to snap his head into his direction again. "I walked by at the right moment and caught your Luna before she fell."

Tyler was quiet for a few moments. He stares at the man, then looks down at me, then the man again before he takes a deep breath and runs a hand down his face.

"Thank you for preventing my mate from getting hurt, I appreciate it."Tyler says to him, more calm than a few minuets ago.

"My names Aiden Hues, Alpha. We have a meeting coming up in the next few days, sir."The man introduces himself with a respectful bow of his head.

"I know, I recognize you."Tyler tells him with a stiff nod. "I'll see you then, Mr. Hues."

"Of course, Alpha."Aiden says before glancing at me and bows his head at me. "Luna."

I give him a small smile as I attempt to wriggle out from Tyler's grasp. I don't like how much he's been touching me today. Tyler looks down at me with a confused expression on his face. I look up at him with a pleading look in my eyes until he finally nods and settles for just holding my hand.

"Hey, Aiden?"I call after him as I slowly walks away. I turn back to see that he's facing me. "Thank you."

"Of course, Luna."Aiden smiles at me before exiting the cafe. When I turn back to face Tyler he's staring down at me.

"Are you okay, my lovely?"Tyler cups my cheeks with his hands as he leans down to my height.

"I'm fine, why?"I ask him, taking a small step back away from him. Tyler opens his mouth to say something but looks like he decides against it, "Never mind, let's just get seated."

I just nod, following him to the hostess stand where an elderly man takes us to a spot in the back corner of the nice cafe.

After sitting down at out small booth, I hide behind the menu and immediately scan over the milkshake section and decide on my favorite, Cookies and Cream, and a single pancake with syrup because that's what I used to get when Sam and I came here.

"Why are you staring at me?"I ask Tyler after we've ordered and our waiter takes away our menus.

"Nothing."Tyler smiles and shakes his head. He reaches over the table and grabs my hand, interlacing our fingers. "Did I tell you that you look beautiful today? I don't think I have. You do look beautiful today, I like seeing you in my clothes."

"You've told me."I blush and look down at our intertwined hands.

"How are you feeling?"Tyler asks, brushing his thumb over my knuckles.

"I'm okay."I tell him, nodding my head once. "Just a bit tired, that's all."

"That's good, sweetheart."Tyler gives me a small smile. "I have a meeting after this so you should get some sleep once we get back."

I nod simply, taking a drink of my milkshake and stare down at my half eaten pancake, pondering if I should eat anymore.

"Sleep sounds good right now."I yawn.

"Okay lovely, let me finish paying and we can go home."Tyler tells me, signing his name on the bill and stands up, reaching his hand out for me to take. I place my hand in his and stand.

But I had no idea that when I stepped out of that restaurant, off the the side walk, and into the road...

That it would lead to hell.

Pure hell.

But back to reality, I'll tell you how it all happened and how it all felt.

Tyler holding his hand out for me to take, I place mine into his and we interlace our fingers and walk through the restaurant. I could feel him looking down at me with a smile on his face, I look up to meet his gaze and he simply leans down and kisses my forehead.

"It's raining."I say, turning my head to look out the window of the cafe. "Storming actually..."

"It was supposed to rain today."Tyler says as he unzips his jacket and takes it off, leaving him in a grey v-neck that you could see his muscles through. "We can take cover under this. It won't do much but I know you straightened your hair this morning."

I small smile appears on my face as I nod once, he returns my smile and slowly opens the door as he lifts up his jacket and holds it above my head mainly. I feel like we both could've been under it but there's a slight height difference in the way.

I can't help but let a burst of giggles out as we run across the parking lot to Tyler's car. He chuckles, too, but he slows down his pace in when he sees I'm having trouble keeping up with him.

I mean, the guy is almost a foot and a half taller than me and his legs are so long he could be a model while I have little legs and a short torso that is impossible to find shirts that fit properly because of.

When we get to Tyler's car, he hands me the jacket and I keep hold of it above my head while he digs in his pocket for his keys. For five minuets, causing a bit of panic to rise in my chest.

Tyler turns around, flashes me a smirk and a chuckle before telling me the news.

"I locked my keys inside my car."Tyler laughs, looking down his feet.

I feel like I should be upset or mad, considering that my hair is completely soaked, my shirt is clinging to me, and my mascara is running.

But all I do is laugh.

"Let's go back inside, then."I say as I stop holding his jacket above my head and fold it over my arm. "This isn't really doing much."

"Wait."Tyler grabs my wrist as I turn around but spins me back so I'm facing him. "Hold on, just one second."

Tyler takes out his phone and after a few minuets, I immediately recognize the song that's playing. Explosions by Ellie Goulding.

I want to say that a small, subtle smile appeared on my face. But I'm pretty sure that I was grinning like a complete idiot.

♡♡♡

"Who's your favorite member of One Direction?"I ask with a smug smile on my face, knowing that Tyler wasn't the type of person who was into One Direction.

Tyler gives me a flat look before returning my smile and chuckling a little bit.

"I don't really know their names..."Tyler says, scratching the back of his neck. "I guess the guy with the black hair and the brown eyes? The one with the stubble like mine."

"Zayn."I confirm for him.

"Yeah sure."Tyler shrugs as he chuckles a bit. "I think I'm a bigger, more muscular, and sexier version of him."

"You wish."I laugh as I shake my head and sink into the corner of sectional in the living room.

Tyler gives me a big smile, showing me his dimples. He's sitting on the other side of the sectional, his arms spread out over the back of the couch.

I couldn't sleep so I wondered out to the kitchen to get a glass of water and I saw him standing by the sink, leaning over it and running his hands through his hair. He was only wearing a pair of running shorts but I'm just thankful that he wasn't just in his boxers.

So we decided to ask each other questions until I felt too tired.

"What's your favorite song?"Tyler asks.

"That's one of the hardest questions on the planet!"I laugh, shaking my head again.

"At least I didn't ask you what your favorite book is."Tyler smirks at me. His expression was relaxed, happy.

"Well..."I take a deep breath and search through my mind. I have such a good taste in music that it's hard to narrow down my favorite. I could go for a song by my queen, Lana Del Rey, or I could go with a classic like American Idiot by Green Day.

But then I remember a song that I have listened everyday since Sam died.

"Explosions by Ellie Goulding."I tell him. "I've listened to it on repeat all summer."

Tyler smiles at me again, "I'll remember that."

♡♡♡

"May I have this dance, princess?"Tyler asks as he takes his completely drenched jacket and tosses it on his car. He turns back to me, bowing and reaching his hand out for me to take.

"Of course."I curtsy and pretend to hold out an imaginary dress before I place my hand in his. "I'd be honored."

You trembled like you'd seen a ghost
And I gave in
I lacked the things you need the most,
You said where have you been?

Tyler and I walk into the center of the parking lot in a fancy manner before he places a hand on my waist and holds out our arms so we're in a proper dance form that I've never been in.

I've only been to one dance and I only danced with Sam, but that was when we were freshman. My arms were around his neck and his hands on my waist.

But this, this is proper fairytale dancing like little girls dream about their princes dancing with them.

You wasted all that sweetness to run and hide
I wonder why
I remind you of the days you poured your heart into
But you never tried

"Just follow after my lead."Tyler whispers with a smile on his face. I nod and take a deep breath before he starts by taking a step to the side. We start gilding to the song as I mentally sing along to the song.

I've fallen from grace
Took a blow to my face
I've loved and I've lost

Explosions...
on the day you wake up
Needing somebody and you've learned
It's okay to be afraid
But it will never be the same
It will never be the same

Tyler let's go of my waist and lifts up his hand that I'm still holding before spinning me around once, twice, tree times.

You left my soul bleeding in the dark
So you could be king
The rules you set are still untold to me
And I've lost my faith in everything

When my hand falls back on his arm and his hand is placed back on my waist...

Sparks ignite on my skin.

The nights you could cope,
Your intentions were gold
But the mountains will shake
I need to know I can still make

Tyler smiles and begins to take steps again, moving slowly but at the perfect pace for this.

Explosions...
on the day you wake up
Needing somebody and you've learned
It's okay to be afraid
But it will never be the same

Tyler's eyes don't leave mine as we move along to the music and I feel my cheeks heat up and a blush creeping up the back of my neck.

And as the floods move in
And your body starts to sink
I was the last thing on your mind
I know you better than you think

We stop taking large steps like before, just small ones. Small enough to the point where we're barely moving, slowing down.

'Cause it's simple darling, I gave you warning
Now everything you own is falling from the sky in pieces
So watch them fall with you, in slow motion
I pray that you'll find peace of mind
And I'll find you another time
I'll love you, another time

Tyler slowly leans down to my height, moving our position so my arms are around his neck and one of his hands are on my waist. The other is tucking loose hairs from my bun behind my ear. He traces a finger down my jawline before cupping my cheek with his large hand.

Explosions...
on the day you wake up
Needing somebody and you've learned
It's okay to be afraid...

Tyler rests his forehead against mine, my heart rate increases and anxiety rises in my chest. My eyes flicker to his and he's looking at me with those beautiful green eyes of his as he leans in closer, our noses touching.

Time seems to slow down, we get closer and closer to each other until...

His lips are against mine in perfect harmony. Kissing Tyler was like watching fireworks on Fourth of July, like finishing a good book, like listening to a song that fits the exact situation your in currently.

Sparks.

That's all I could feel, pure adrenaline was running through my veins and my rising heart rate didn't even bother me.

Tyler nibbles on my bottom lip, causing me to open my mouth and he doesn't hesitate to slip his tongue in my mouth - exploring every inch of it.

And when we pull away, both completely breathless, I look up and him and he looks down at me and we both smile, laugh a little even.

That's when I saw the lights.

Headlights to be exact.

But it will never be the same...

♡♡♡
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 7.86K READS!!!!!

AND OVER 100 VOTES!!!!!

Aly

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

333K 15.8K 37
Grace did everything she could to separate herself from the supernatural world. Little did she know, one moment of weakness would destroy all of her...
2.2M 53.7K 34
"Please," I begged pulling on the man's arm that was wrapped around my torso, pressing me to him. I wanted nothing more then to be freed of his grasp...
27.7M 917K 89
#1 werewolf #1 teenfiction "That night meant nothing to me Olivia." "You were just like another girl to me." He smirked, "and you KNOW how I do girls...
497K 16.9K 43
《 Highest Ranking: #5 in Vampire 》 "Is that Marcus? Marcus as in, from our High School Marcus!" Casey squeaked. I spun around, not quite believing h...